Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Jay Lehr - Hi Love

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,526  ·  Replies: 87 
> Super Eurobeat 240
MKwiakaku
Posted: Jun 19 2016, 03:32 AM

Power of Sound

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,476

QUOTE (skibblesx @ Yesterday, 12:48 PM)
when the hell did the sinclaire style ever go physical omg

Never. At least not on these releases. I guess someone made their own cds.
takumi333
  Posted: Jun 19 2016, 05:23 AM

Mixmaster General

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,197

Transcoded CDs at that, no sir my friend, no sir I can boogie just fine without that indeed! sad.gif

MMM - F.A.Y. (LIVE @ Avex Dance Matrix '95) (No my rip does NOT look at shitty as this)
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lifcnjht3Qs )
xiao
Posted: Jun 19 2016, 06:16 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Crockett @ Yesterday, 6:53 AM)
The SEB beginning is still a quite mysterious matter, but if you started... I would like to know who or what information do you mean. smile.gif

Please Max take me to Twin Star really soon ~ baby I can't wait I wanna run to you! <3

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiMo_4Ukh0U )

This post has been edited by xiao on Aug 26 2016, 10:31 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
takumi333
  Posted: Jun 19 2016, 07:10 PM

Mixmaster General

We still need a translation for that video because THAT is where all the secrets are hidden.
Here is the transcript if someone can translate it into understandable English then I'll subtitle it. cool.gif
SPOILER

This post has been edited by takumi333 on Jun 19 2016, 07:15 PM
xiao
Posted: Jun 19 2016, 07:28 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (takumi333 @ 11 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
We still need a translation for that video because THAT is where all the secrets are hidden.
Here is the transcript if someone can translate it into understandable English then I'll subtitle it. cool.gif

arrghhh kanji... the enemy of xiao's brain. This is worse than the time I translated Sadamoto's Eva Vol.14 manga months before Viz officially TL'ed it... orz

Who took the time to transcribe that thing... why do I even ask, it was probably Tak from NRG Express wasn't it...? XD ww

Euto speaks fluent Japanese... hopefully he'll see this thread & do a quick TL jorb cause xiao = lazyness lolol XDDpastebinwwbakabakakawaiilolXDhaha
Crockett
Posted: Jun 20 2016, 07:15 AM

Space Cowboy

Member No.: 45,405

QUOTE (takumi333 @ Yesterday, 7:10 PM)
THAT is where all the secrets are hidden.

Maybe, maybe not... A person with talent to public performances in the front of camera and being able to speak nicely will tell you a lot, but these informations may be not a big secret.

Maybe this is just a simple story who and what was previously, next and later...

I'm the most interested the idea and the part, when SEB Beat Freak was releasing and how it transformed to Avex Trax series.

The majority of SEB BF wasn't related with the discography or labels involved in SEB by Avex Trax. There were also House music and many guest artists. SEB BF was the promotional series like all pressed in Italy CDs. They were aimed to introduce in Japan any kinds of the dance music made in Italy.
xiao
Posted: Jun 20 2016, 09:07 AM

moon bunny

★ I'll tell you this right off the bat though... the DVD starts out with Max saying that everything Avex was originated from SEB. ie. the foundation of Avex as a company stems from Super Eurobeat; without Super Eurobeat, there would be no Avex the J-pop/Entertainment Company as we know it. On the road to 200 SEB albums, loads of awesome spin-offs/by-products came about... and they owe it all to the success of Super Eurobeat ~ so Avex always packs everything all their efforts into Super Eurobeat. happy.gif ♪ ♫

... or something like that lololXD

This post has been edited by xiao on Jun 20 2016, 09:30 AM
xiao
  Posted: Jul 2 2016, 09:15 AM

moon bunny

Amazon
CD Japan
mu-mo Shop

Release Date: 08.24.2016
AVCD-10240
3456 円

user posted image

Trax list: TBA

2 CD's - 50 TRAX on each // Total of 100

It probably won't have a DVD or BD. Think they're saving the Master of Eurobeat album for SEB 250.

This post has been edited by xiao on Jul 2 2016, 09:22 AM
takumi333
  Posted: Jul 2 2016, 10:04 AM

Mixmaster General

Updated the OP baby!

Yeah release date for SEB 250 circa 2018 which means it should come out before James Cameron's Avatar 2-3-4-5... franchise and the lord of the rings reboot.

This post has been edited by takumi333 on Jul 2 2016, 10:04 AM
xiao
Posted: Jul 2 2016, 10:54 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (takumi333 @ 50 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
...franchise and the lord of the rings reboot.

I haven't rofl'd so hard since the 9th remake of the Silmarillion came out in hobbit form! laugh.gif

ありがとう DJ.T333 \(^o^)/☆彡
Meteor
Posted: Jul 5 2016, 07:43 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

I guess I could use the practice. Won't be too hard either with the two online dictionaries I know of.
EDIT: Post glitches out due to length. Resorting to double/triple post... After the forum mandated 24-hour time period... Because you don't get to double post until then...

Or I guess someone can leave a post here and let me post the translation quicker. Nevermind, have a pastebin
http://pastebin.com/YKufSEjs

Okay, me saying this wouldn't be too hard proved to be far from as correct as I'd hoped. To give half an indication of how far: it took me 3 days of working on this on an on/off basic to finish it, and the reason I even kept going on day 1 was because I'd done too much work to stop.

Anyway, this is only a v0.9 of the translation so far. Don't go throwing it on the vid, because I haven't even double checked it against the vid in question yet. I'm gonna wait for other people to point out translation errors, fix up this translation to look less terrible, actually check it against the vid when doing so, and then post that as the v1.

Edit 2: The part that says "exceptional 10000 sales" should read "exceptional 100000 sales". I wouldn't be surprised if there were more places like that where I didn't add enough zeroes.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Jul 5 2016, 08:08 AM
Pushy3
Posted: Jul 5 2016, 05:40 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 44,645

QUOTE (Meteor @ 9 hours, 45 minutes ago)
Don't go throwing it on the vid

Too late
user posted image

That being said, I have only done a couple lines so far and what I have noticed so far is that on most of the lines you translated I can understand the meaning quite well but some lines I don't understand at all. (line 7 for example on the pastebin you posted)

What I can do is make the subtitles based on the unfinished translations while you and some other people improve the translations. Changing the text is easy. The hard part is the correct timing which takes a lot of time.

Are people interested in this? If so then I will continue this tomorrow.
xiao
Posted: Jul 6 2016, 04:58 AM

moon bunny

Special thanks to the IDW TL Teamâ„¢ - we've managed to subtitle the introduction to the DVD. The rest of the video will follow suit at a later date, as our timer is currently stuck in a eurotrance hypnosis... more on that later; meanwhile the introduction part has been completed.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkkh0UBHzNo )

Also:

Have you eurodudes also received a reply from Director Fujimura yet...? awesome.gif ♪ ♫

I sent in my pic with all the TechPara's and he was super-duper nice & commended me on my eurotech passion! woop~woop! ヽ(^o^)丿彡

He said that they're gonna publish all of the pictures from fans' euro collections in the SEB 240 booklet! ohmy.gif ~

I was hyper tappy, so I sent in a couple of more pics with my nitro★bunny ~ (´・ω・`)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3226 x 1814. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by xiao on Aug 26 2016, 10:32 AM
Meteor
Posted: Jul 6 2016, 05:33 AM

I see we have nothing more to worry about as far as the translation's concerned. xiao has achieved a level of perfection previously unknown to man, machine, or termite.
Shakespeare himself could not have undone him, even if he'd studied to the point of being able to pass JLPT1 in his sleep.

Anyway, sure, keep working on the timing Pushy3. I'll post improved translations here when I have them.
Also, I think that line 7 you're talking about simply refers to stuff like all the other avex trax things that spawned out of Super Eurobeat (like, for example, the Toho Eurobeat series). Perhaps I should've translated it as "side projects" or something rather than the more literal "side products", but I wasn't sure at the time if that term would've been too different from the original meaning or not, so I decided to go with the more literal one for the time being. If those rough translations hadn't been such a rushjob, I'd have definitely translated that line more smoothly the first time round.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Jul 6 2016, 06:37 PM
xiao
Posted: Jul 6 2016, 11:53 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Meteor @ 6 hours, 11 minutes ago)
I see we have nothing more to worry about as far as the translation's concerned. xiao has achieved a level of perfection previously unknown to man, machine, or termite.
Shakespeare himself could not have undone him, even if he'd studied to the point of being able to pass JLPT1 in his sleep.

haha~ arigato arigato, I did study McBeth at the nearby BigMac college in high school AP Japanese before I obtained my food license sertification mOSSBurger cardâ„¢ laugh.gif derp.gif ~

But being serious though, I highly and almost 100% guarantee that Max isn't talking about TEB and/or other people's by-product of Eurobeat. I think he's reffering to the side-products & projects Avex has spawned off of the mainline Super Eurobeat series. Like the HyperTechno genre in form of the We Love TechPara anthology, as well as the Super Euromach series, and their J-Euro Avex releases like Hinoi Team, and many other spin-offs of the main SEB series. Given Super Eurobeat is Avex's bread & butter, and their cash-cow which enables all of their other music-related activities. と思いますね~ sweatingbullets.gif
takumi333
  Posted: Jul 6 2016, 03:05 PM

Mixmaster General

Here is a head start on the subtitles, I had previously timed the first ~3 minutes.

>>>HERE<<<

Unfortunately I can't do any more at the moment as I am working on SEB History 8.

Hope that helps! smile.gif

This post has been edited by takumi333 on Jul 6 2016, 03:07 PM
Pushy3
Posted: Jul 6 2016, 03:25 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (takumi333 @ 19 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
Here is a head start on the subtitles, I had previously timed the first ~3 minutes.

>>>HERE<<<

Unfortunately I can't do any more at the moment as I am working on SEB History 8.

Hope that helps! smile.gif

Thank you for this. I will be using the timings for stuff I haven't done yet and I will further make the english text more understandable. Also I will be styling the subs a litte bit. Unfortuately I am not an expert when it comes to styling so I haven't been working on fade ins for example and for text overlays I just make the backgorund box really big. You can still see some japanese text but for the time being it get's the job done.
user posted image

This post has been edited by Pushy3 on Jul 6 2016, 03:34 PM
KiraTM
Posted: Jul 7 2016, 07:17 AM

NitroFire

Member No.: 36,911

If you need styling help, maybe I can help you? Of course, you can't remove the Japanese text, but I "worked" for a fansub group and learnt some typesetting tricks.
Nerubian
Posted: Jul 7 2016, 07:29 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

Wasn't Beat Freak an independent label? If yes, why is Avex claiming Beat Freak's releases as their own ones?
Crockett
Posted: Jul 7 2016, 07:51 AM

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 21 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
Wasn't Beat Freak an independent label? If yes, why is Avex claiming Beat Freak's releases as their own ones?

In this moment I'm starting to think about the translation meaning of the frame with Vol. 1. And I agree.

BF series comes from Milano, Italy and it was probably the introduction to future plans of Avex Trax. Like all another CDs with Italo Hi-NRG they were released for Japan to promote this genre. BF series was just the replacement before A.Beat-C. officially could begin its activity.

Doubt, that the video tells about it.
Meteor
Posted: Jul 7 2016, 08:30 AM

Ah, so TEB isn't as direct an SEB spinoff as I thought.

Anyway, started work on editing the translations by actually checking them against the vid this time. Lines that are onscreen text as opposed to spoken will be marked as such this time too. Also, I'm finding these transcribed lines aren't matching up with the video 1:1 - I found one spoken line that didn't get fully transcribed, and I've even found entire lines that didn't get transcribed at all (and I don't just mean the bits of onscreen text that repeat what Max is saying). I'll try to add the missing words and lines back in.

Here's what I have for now.
SPOILER
Crockett
Posted: Jul 7 2016, 08:43 AM

Space Cowboy

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kaxy4iKemI )

BTW, do you know this fan? Or who is he, maybe not a fan? It's a quite professional work, he used Avex Trax official animations. The video is from 2012 and very nice, simply shows the story.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJH1Hh4LgJg )

And here, like the previous captures by the same person, but connected with frames of Max Matsuura and with additional effects. How do you think?

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9VIQxKB61U )

And my work for A.Beat-C. team, when was the anniversary of 25.11.1990 of SEB Vol. 9 by Avex Trax. smile.gif
Pushy3
Posted: Jul 7 2016, 11:36 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (KiraTM)
If you need styling help, maybe I can help you? Of course, you can't remove the Japanese text, but I "worked" for a fansub group and learnt some typesetting tricks.

Thanks for offering your help. Right now there isnt a lot of styling that needs to be done because so far only the SEB Vol. 1 part is the only part where there styling is necessary. In a couple of hours I will pickup work on this again and and have to finish one of the last parts where Max talks about the beginnings of SEB and after that there are a lot of parts where Styling work is needed so once I have that part finished I can send you the Subs.

QUOTE (Nerubian)

Avex simply imported the CDs and sold them in Japan. Max actually goes into detail on how the whole SEB series started and he adresses how the whole process went down.

QUOTE (Meteor)
Here's what I have for now.

Thanks for updating your translations. I will change some of the subs based on your new translations.

QUOTE (Crockett)
BTW, do you know this fan? Or who is he, maybe not a fan? It's a quite professional work, he used Avex Trax official animations. The video is from 2012 and very nice, simply shows the story.

First vid is from SEB 150 Bonus DVD. Second Vid is from SEB 200 Bonus DVD. (Which we are Subbing right now) I watched your little history video on A Beat C a while ago. Really Informative!

Current status on the sub: After the Germany France match I will work on the subs for a couple of hours and I'll also post the subs in here so people can give their opinions on what's done so far and Kira can do some Styling for the parts where it's needed. The hardest things so far was to match what Max is saying to the translations from Meteor because I have to guess most of the Stuff. Also finding the right wording for some text takes take because I want the text to sound as good as possible. Thankfully I am about to finish the Max Matsuura parts and after that It's basically just a history on the SEB series. That shouldn't take as long as the Matsuura stuff.
Crockett
Posted: Jul 7 2016, 12:01 PM

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (Pushy3 @ 25 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
First vid is from SEB 150 Bonus DVD. Second Vid is from SEB 200 Bonus DVD. (Which we are Subbing right now) I watched your little history video on A Beat C a while ago. Really Informative!

It explains everything ! That's why this story ended on Vol. 150 in the first video. It's so enjoyable, all story without reading, listening the japanese speaking, a lot of photos, unique videos, the most important moments presented by graphics. That was the reason I thought it's some fan made movie, but highly professional.

But the second certainly is the mix of fragments from Vol. 150 and the main video from Vol. 200.

Pushy3
Posted: Jul 7 2016, 06:44 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Crockett @ 6 hours, 19 minutes ago)
It's so enjoyable, all story without reading, listening the japanese speaking, a lot of photos, unique videos, the most important moments presented by graphics.

Well you don't have to guess what they are saying anymore becuase...

... I've got the first 5 Minutes subbed! DOWNLOAD HERE

I would appreciate feedback from some people on what is subbed right now and recommendations for better wordings and translations. Also KiraTM can now do stylings for the parts where it's necessary, if you don't mind doing it.

Of course I'm not done yet. 25 minutes still have to be subbed...

4 Pages  1 2 3 4