Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Age Kamiya's Theme

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,251  ·  Replies: 40 
> RX-8 exclusive preview, @ Adelaide Australia Motor Show 2003
SuperMazdaKart
  Posted: Apr 3 2003, 06:03 PM

Button-masher

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 242

yay!, I got my invitation to attend the exclusive preview of the RX-8 tommorow morning. Now, if only I were able to find a video camera..
killerenergy
Posted: Apr 3 2003, 06:17 PM

Hi!

Member No.: 152

who cares, take out the credit card. Congrats!:D:D:D
whoo
PS: this is a major thing right?
Isometric Bacon
Posted: Apr 4 2003, 05:08 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 220

Heh, I went and saw the RX8 at a motor show the other day.

Nothing special. I don't like the design.

Gimme a FD over it anyday biggrin.gif
Isometric Bacon
Posted: Apr 4 2003, 05:09 AM

IDW Full Member

Oh, wait. You're from Adelaide? Cool.

That's where I saw it at, the motorshow.
KenshinX
Posted: Apr 4 2003, 09:37 AM

Dark Hitokiri

Member No.: 186

Went and saw the RX-8 at a auto show the other day, about a week ago to be exact..... It drew some attention, personally, the design is ok but I'll take the FD anyday. Supposedly, the RX-8 improves on some aspects but then suffers greatly in others.

It's got better top speed, obviously, but I think the handling of the car itself is not as good as the FD ever was. I haven't tried it out yet but I'm not expecting the RX-8 to be better than the FD though.

karasac
Posted: Apr 4 2003, 03:11 PM

Rotary Disciple

Member No.: 11

well they r marketing the rx-8 as a "sedan-sports car" so it really isnt a true sports car, they just want to bring back the rotary, so if the rx-8 does good they'll bring back the rx-7
netbizkit
Posted: Apr 4 2003, 07:16 PM

MASTER PROCOKER

Member No.: 312

www.mazdarx-8.com
SuperMazdaKart
  Posted: Apr 4 2003, 08:23 PM

Button-masher

QUOTE (KenshinX @ Apr 5 2003, 03:04 AM)
Went and saw the RX-8 at a auto show the other day, about a week ago to be exact..... It drew some attention, personally, the design is ok but I'll take the FD anyday. Supposedly, the RX-8 improves on some aspects but then suffers greatly in others.

It's got better top speed, obviously, but I think the handling of the car itself is not as good as the FD ever was. I haven't tried it out yet but I'm not expecting the RX-8 to be better than the FD though.

Well, apprently most car magazines & such (even Rotarynews.com) say it handles even better then RX-8 because of all it's newer technology like EBD, DCS etc etc. The only real area where it lacks a bit in comparison to RX-7 is the horsepower. But 250hp natural aspirated from 2.0 litre without turbo compared to the 280hp twin turbo'ed (3.2 litre??) RX-7 is pretty impressive to me.

RX-8 Driving Impression, Part II

"As I directed the car back onto the tarmac, I felt the rear coming around, but I didn’t lift. Instead, I kept my foot buried. In a RX-7, I certainly would’ve spun, but the 8 activated its DSC, got me back under control and straight and we just kept going. Nice, I thought to myself, as I caught my breath. The last lap had come to soon and the fun was over before I knew it."

smile.gif

So if you're disappointed with the RX-8, don't be. It might not be a hardcore performance car, but it's not meant to be either. If sales of the RX-7 hadn't dropped so much in the mid 90's the RX-8 wouldn't of needed to be designed. I like it, I think this will be the perfect car to make the world notice rotary power again & if it's success will lead to the possible designs of more thoroughbred rotary sportscars in the near future, then I say "Zoom Zoom!"
S15-guy
Posted: Apr 4 2003, 08:55 PM

dampachi!

Member No.: 177

QUOTE (RENESIS @ Apr 4 2003, 08:20 PM)
The only real area where it lacks a bit in comparison to RX-7 is the horsepower. But 250hp natural aspirated from 2.0 litre without turbo compared to the 280hp twin turbo'ed (3.2 litre??) RX-7 is pretty impressive to me.

3.2??? more like 1.3 litre
SuperMazdaKart
  Posted: Apr 4 2003, 09:01 PM

Button-masher

it is? hrmm, where did i read or hear that from then....
S15-guy
Posted: Apr 4 2003, 10:58 PM

dampachi!

so are you an adeladian?
SuperMazdaKart
  Posted: Apr 4 2003, 11:26 PM

Button-masher

yep, I live in Adelaide.
Sugoi Kuruma
Posted: Apr 5 2003, 10:56 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 168

wicked!

more adelaidians!! im from adel too
SuperMazdaKart
  Posted: Apr 5 2003, 11:25 PM

Button-masher

yay for Adelaide, u guys know we have the 2nd fastest over the quarter mile rotary engine car in the world?
S15-guy
Posted: Apr 5 2003, 11:48 PM

dampachi!

and that would be....?

BTW, did you go to 4's, 6's and rotors this year?

SuperMazdaKart
  Posted: Apr 5 2003, 11:54 PM

Button-masher

the guys name is Corey Armstrong, he drives a 20B rail car. I got the article about him in a FastFours magazine.

nah i didnt goto any of them o.o
S15-guy
Posted: Apr 6 2003, 12:00 AM

dampachi!

QUOTE (RENESIS @ Apr 5 2003, 11:51 PM)
the guys name is Corey Armstrong, he drives a 20B rail car. I got the article about him in a FastFours magazine.

nah i didnt goto any of them o.o

I know that car, I belive I saw it there last year.
Isometric Bacon
Posted: Apr 6 2003, 12:37 AM

IDW Full Member

Hey, I'm from Adelaide too. blink.gif

This is getting freaky.

S15 Guy, are you an Adeladien? If so, what schools/work do you guys go to? and whereabouts do you live just out of interest?

I live down near marion myself. If you ever see a Black and Red AW11 (Toyota MR2) Chances is, it's me.
SuperMazdaKart
  Posted: Apr 6 2003, 02:36 AM

Button-masher

Marion ehh, I dun live too far from there. I sometimes goto the shopping centre to play ID at Intencity. I live around Daw Park, Edwardstown, Colonel Light Gardens area.

I study a Tafe equivalent course at home & drop by the office in the city when I need to drop of work.
S15-guy
Posted: Apr 6 2003, 01:44 PM

dampachi!

QUOTE (Isometric Bacon @ Apr 6 2003, 12:34 AM)
Hey, I'm from Adelaide too. blink.gif

This is getting freaky.

S15 Guy, are you an Adeladien? If so, what schools/work do you guys go to? and whereabouts do you live just out of interest?

I live down near marion myself. If you ever see a Black and Red AW11 (Toyota MR2) Chances is, it's me.

yep, well sorta, I was born in Adelaide, I lived in Adelaide, right now I live in Canada, but im moving back to Adelaide. So I guess I can proudly call myself adelaidian.
Sugoi Kuruma
Posted: Apr 6 2003, 10:10 PM

IDW God Member

Hey renesis, its too bad u didnt go to the 4, 6 and rotor shootout, it was wicked! they hold it every year usually in january, make sure u go next year! biggrin.gif

I saw a little KE20 (i think) corolla run the fastest untubbed rotary time in the world, was an 8.54 i believe, that was insane.

also, watching that silver R32 skyline pull a 9.51 sec 1/4 mile and the silver R33 pull a 9.66 (both on nittos) was fkn awesome. too bad the R32 f**ked up when they dragged each other though, the R32 is my fav of the two.

i sometimes make the trip to marion, but living in prospect its very far for me, and when im there im usually watching movies biggrin.gif

take it easy my adelaide brothers tongue.gif
SuperMazdaKart
  Posted: Apr 7 2003, 03:46 AM

Button-masher

hrmm what are these 4,6 events exactly? drag races? if it is then I dunnoes. I kinda get bored of watching drags. I might make it next year, they got websites with details on it?

ohmy.gif you make that long of a trip to Marion just to watch movies? Come down on April 30 & we'll all watch X-Men 2 movie for the debut of RX-8! & then play some Initial D at the arcade there =D

Which reminds, I went there today to play it & theres a note stuck to the machine about a drifting event being held in May. There taking applications for participants & spectators can watch for $5 entry fee. I think I'll go watch smile.gif
S15-guy
Posted: Apr 7 2003, 01:47 PM

dampachi!

QUOTE (RENESIS @ Apr 7 2003, 03:43 AM)

ohmy.gif you make that long of a trip to Marion just to watch movies? Come down on April 30 & we'll all watch X-Men 2 movie for the debut of RX-8! & then play some Initial D at the arcade there =D

sucks 2 be in Canada sad.gif
Sugoi Kuruma
Posted: Apr 8 2003, 05:30 AM

IDW God Member

Which reminds, I went there today to play it & theres a note stuck to the machine about a drifting event being held in May. There taking applications for participants & spectators can watch for $5 entry fee.

Renesis, you are talking about the Japanese Motorsport drift competition. Its $5 for spectators, and $20 for combatants. Its being held at the Port Gawler off road hire park on May the 10th, possibly the 11th if bad weather.

im going to watch, and i urge anyone in adelaide to go, ive been to other japanese motorsport drift events and i hear they are much better now. if only i could compete.... sad.gif

for more information visit www.japanesemotorsport.com.au and follow the links something like events - drift.

come itll be sweet!
SuperMazdaKart
  Posted: Apr 8 2003, 07:06 AM

Button-masher

arhh, where is it in the UBD street directory? >.<

2 Pages  1 2