Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Galla - Kiseki no Hana

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 7,019  ·  Replies: 50 
> GT5 Prolouge Demo, its out!
Takeshi Nakazato
  Posted: Oct 19 2007, 07:46 PM

ER34 <3

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,412

its out!

what do you guys think?
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 20 2007, 02:39 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

well, it IS better than GT:HD, better physics and all, and even the H-pattern shifter of G25 is supported, no support for clutch though. handbrake parking tricks and doughnuts are possible for those who like to drive like idiots..
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 20 2007, 02:56 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (FinToy-83 @ Today at 3:39 AM)
well, it IS better than GT:HD, better physics and all, and even the H-pattern shifter of G25 is supported, no support for clutch though. handbrake parking tricks and doughnuts are possible for those who like to drive like idiots..

...or who constantly complain that the physics engine is broken because you can't replicate something you can do in real life. whistling.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 20 2007, 05:08 AM

IDW Banned Member

Wasn't that what I said, Nomake? tongue.gif
WRX
Posted: Oct 20 2007, 09:10 AM

IDW Racer

Member No.: 5,563

The game is pretty good overall and I think it's more sensitive this time, cause in real life, if you turn your wheel going over 100 MPH it's natural the car will most likely lose control.
Type R
Posted: Oct 20 2007, 09:17 AM

Laguna Blue S2000

Member No.: 5,628

Downloading, had to create Japanese account though

Finally got a chance to play. I love it. The car modeling is amazing with HD graphics and the interiors are gorgeous cool.gif

This post has been edited by Type R on Oct 20 2007, 09:56 AM
WRX
Posted: Oct 20 2007, 12:29 PM

IDW Racer

QUOTE (Type R @ Today at 12:17 PM)
Downloading, had to create Japanese account though

Finally got a chance to play. I love it. The car modeling is amazing with HD graphics and the interiors are gorgeous cool.gif

I wish they had the Skyline's Dash view xD but the Evo X is pretty neat
Type R
Posted: Oct 20 2007, 12:46 PM

Laguna Blue S2000

QUOTE (WRX @ Today at 12:29 PM)
I wish they had the Skyline's Dash view xD but the Evo X is pretty neat

I've read just about everywhere that every car in the demo has an interior view, believe they're just waiting to unlock those features and the cars on Oct.23-25. Waiting on the Tokyo Auto Show.
WRX
Posted: Oct 20 2007, 12:54 PM

IDW Racer

QUOTE (Type R @ Today at 3:46 PM)
I've read just about everywhere that every car in the demo has an interior view, believe they're just waiting to unlock those features and the cars on Oct.23-25. Waiting on the Tokyo Auto Show.

I can't wait for the lexus to be unlocked smile.gif it's gonna be a nice car.
Takeshi Nakazato
  Posted: Oct 21 2007, 08:10 AM

ER34 <3

i thought it was gonna be a new wrx
Type R
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 08:22 AM

Laguna Blue S2000

QUOTE (Takeshi Nakazato @ Today at 8:10 AM)
i thought it was gonna be a new wrx

The hidden locked car is the new wrx.
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 12:08 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

so now that you all can play it, do you agree with me that it playes essentially exactly the same as gt4?
MîGüÊl
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 01:00 PM

I <3 The AE86

Member No.: 24,425

can someone PLEASE post some pics? or some vids? and BTW is it available in the U.S. Playstation Store? (well, i think thats the ONLY one)
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 02:27 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ Today at 12:08 PM)
so now that you all can play it, do you agree with me that it playes essentially exactly the same as gt4?

in case that you didn't know, there's two modes, aids and tyres that can change the handling in the demo.. so stop whining, and READ THIS in order to do the necessary adjustments to the game. dry.gif

WRX
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 02:38 PM

IDW Racer

I wouldn't say it's thesame with GT4, but they've improved the gameplay by a little and I won't say anything good or bad about it. It's just a demo and 1 track, maybe if GT5P comes out then I can say something about it.
Takeshi Nakazato
  Posted: Oct 21 2007, 02:47 PM

ER34 <3

QUOTE (MîGüÊl @ Today at 1:00 PM)
can someone PLEASE post some pics? or some vids? and BTW is it available in the U.S. Playstation Store? (well, i think thats the ONLY one)

its ONLY JAPAN so far...

amp3kcet, its a little better than gt4, but i think it still has one of the best simulation physics out there, plus, playing it on simulation mode is fun.
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 03:06 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

QUOTE (FinToy-83 @ Today at 3:27 PM)
in case that you didn't know, there's two modes, aids and tyres that can change the handling in the demo.. so stop whining, and READ THIS in order to do the necessary adjustments to the game. dry.gif

thats exactly what i saw when i played at TGS. remember, i can read japanese. i could plainly see that it said Simulation: Starter/Professional (シミュレーション:スタータ/プロフェッショナル). as such, i played on professional (プロフェッショナル). i also ran in MT with aides off and S3 tires front and back.
Type R
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 04:21 PM

Laguna Blue S2000

QUOTE (MîGüÊl @ Today at 1:00 PM)

You have to create a japanese account in order to download the demo. Once you download don't delete the account because it will erase the demo as well. Here's a link to the instructions. Would be a bit confusing without them wink2.gif

http://www.japanesepsn.com/
MîGüÊl
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 02:54 PM

I <3 The AE86

Member No.: 24,425

QUOTE (Takeshi Nakazato @ Oct 21 2007, 02:47 PM)
its ONLY JAPAN so far...

amp3kcet, its a little better than gt4, but i think it still has one of the best simulation physics out there, plus, playing it on simulation mode is fun.

NVM i downloaded it, to me, i got bored REALLY qickly, not saying its a bad thing but it kinda plays like gt4 (as some people said already) but i know its a demo, so i'll wait.
Mr Deap
Posted: Oct 29 2007, 03:53 AM

It's not Exclusive

Member No.: 9,806

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ Oct 21 2007, 12:08 PM)

The gameplay does feel like GT4. ohmy.gif

Taken from this post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K5DBPuWq54

Taken also from this post(BMW in pro mode with N3 tire):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng5ftoyG2D8

It still have the same flaw that top gear uk show shown about GT4. You can use your brake to turn more. I didn't touch the game nor play, but you can clearly see the input of the game. That braking style bug me a lot, because it's not realistic at all. It spoil a lot what the real line should be for the track.

FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 29 2007, 04:05 AM

IDW Banned Member

do you own a car real life? have you tried that in real life, in that car? if not, stop whining if you can't say that based on first hand experience.
Meteor
Posted: Oct 29 2007, 04:29 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

You can use your brake to turn more.

I don't see what's wrong about trail braking. It's frequently used in real-life. Le Mans, F1, D1GP, etc.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Oct 29 2007, 04:30 AM
Mr Deap
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 06:59 AM

It's not Exclusive

QUOTE (Meteor @ Yesterday at 4:29 AM)
I don't see what's wrong about trail braking. It's frequently used in real-life. Le Mans, F1, D1GP, etc.

Do you take me for a n00b?

This is not trail braking. On the pack of chicane, you can clearly see that he wack the steer & brake at the same time.

To be very fast at Gran Turismo 4, you turn before you brake.(Professional GT4 player)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_sqiiv0mVM

QUOTE (http://virtualracersedge.com/trail_braking.htm)
What is trail braking? In essence, it means continuing to brake after having turned in for a corner. The further you progress into the corner, the more you turn the steering wheel and the more pressure you release from the brake pedal. Typically, the procedure goes like this:

You are hurtling in a straight line toward a corner;
You apply the brakes - fully - while still traveling in a straight line;
At some point, you release a little pressure from the brakes and start to turn in;
As you bend into the corner and approach the throttle application point, you progressively release the rest of the pressure from the brake.
What's the point of it? Trail braking helps you rotate the car into a corner by controlling the transfer of weight onto the front tires, giving them more stick, and thus compensating for any understeering tendency the car would otherwise have.

QUOTE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_braking)
Be aware though that excessive trail braking can result in a loss of grip as the tire's adhesion is split between braking and cornering forces

There you go, you oversteer & f**k up when you abuse too much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQnweRv_Z4
Spitfireix
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 07:10 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,730

Mr. Deap, do you happen to have heard about a thing which most modern cars are equipped with and which improves handling under turning? It's called anti-locking brakes.

You even say you didn't play the game. Then shut the censored2.gif up and go express your biased anti-GT opinions somewhere else until you have first hand information - but actually, does it matter as you'll still find only flaws...

This post has been edited by Spitfireix on Oct 30 2007, 07:13 AM
Mr Deap
Posted: Oct 30 2007, 07:26 AM

It's not Exclusive

QUOTE (Spitfireix @ Today at 7:10 AM)
Mr. Deap, do you happen to have heard about a thing which most modern cars are equipped with and which improves handling under turning? It's called anti-locking brakes.

You even say you didn't play the game. Then shut the censored2.gif up and go express your biased anti-GT opinions somewhere else until you have first hand information - but actually, does it matter as you'll still find only flaws...

I hate misleading result. You know, I'm not the only thinking that way.

You may like Gran Turismo, but I don't lick the producer to make the game with flaw like this.

QUOTE (http://forums.gametrailers.com/showpost.php?p=5538145&postcount=57)

Mr Deap
Gran Turismo 5 Vs Forza 2 video posted 11 Hours Ago

The art design is better in Gran Turismo 5. There's clearly more stuff in forza 2(reflexion, high dynamic range, motion blur, etc) & more focused on the simulation experience. Gran Turismo may be arcade, but read further, because being more sim in the control doesn't always mean better.

The tracks design are more accurate in Gran Turismo. The nordschleife is a shame in Forza 2, though the line & braking point are a lot more realistic. The aid in the steering in Forza 2 ruin the whole stuff.

Though as a whole, the design is more accurate in Gran Turismo & the control is more fun unlike forza. Also there's the G25 that is also compatible with the H gearbox & the 900 wheel to pwn the ass of that louse microsoft wheel with nearly no forcefeed back, the limited amount of radius & only use f1 type shifting that no car have except for the ferrari.

My vote goes for Gran Turismo.

This is my opinion

3 Pages  1 2 3