Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 11 unique listeners, playing Galla - Kimi ga Iru (TV Edit)

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 17,619  ·  Replies: 94 
> Version 4 Released in Hong Kong
Kfuse
Posted: May 2 2007, 07:52 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,542

dude a 1.20 USD?!!! man thats cheap. cheaper than friggin afterburner and virtual tennis.

Still I'll play v3 and BG except only battle gear cart I can find is way down in friggin Tucson >.<
Odie
Posted: May 2 2007, 07:57 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,323

Banana Tornado.. what did you use to take the picture? I tried my phone, Sony H5, M1 and any huge lens camera and still got a blurred image close by and yet I got a super duper clear picture using my 6 year old PC110e DV camera on 1M photo taking mode which is screwed up.

Here is my pic ^^

user posted image

I'll post up more info as I find them. Currently 37% tuned. Another 44 card eject to go.

IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATE: The ID4 cabs in HK are imports and not the official releases for HK. The "Asian HK" Versions will be reprogrammed for Offline use (no National Battles I guess) so that card renewals can be done.

Since the "official HK" versions are not the same as the Japanese ones, the Japanese ID cards may not work with the official releases.

I am not sure if they will do the same to the US/English releases but since you lot have the US network feature, hopefully, National Battles will still be present for the US market.

Now this totally sucks. I'm going to stop playing until I get more news.

This post has been edited by Odie on May 2 2007, 08:52 AM
gian7675
Posted: May 2 2007, 08:04 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,356

QUOTE (Odie @ Today at 7:57 AM)
IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATE: The ID4 cabs in HK are imports and not the official releases for HK. The "Asian HK" Versions will be reprogrammed for Offline use (no National Battles I guess) so that card renewals can be done.

Hey this is good news!

At least we can get and renew cards even if we're not on-line here in the Philippines (No arcade that I know of have an online gaming capacity...arcades of the dinosaur era dry.gif )
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: May 3 2007, 05:34 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

er .. in any case .. without the net connection, is it possible to tune cars? i rmbed someone saying that you need the connection to tune your own cars ..
ac101
Posted: May 3 2007, 06:05 AM

i believe you have my stapler

Member No.: 15,562

QUOTE (LancE.Ryousuke @ Today at 5:34 AM)
er .. in any case .. without the net connection, is it possible to tune cars? i rmbed someone saying that you need the connection to tune your own cars ..

this is y odie said, in the asian hk version...they r gonna change the stuff to make it possible for non-online stuff to happen, which includes tuning cars...--"
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: May 3 2007, 06:17 AM

IDW Supremo Member

really? im not sure .. are they in the same category? It doesnt mean that if renewing cards can be done offline, it also applies to the tuning of cars as well ..
BDDEE@
Posted: May 3 2007, 06:22 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

yes it does
which means alot more places might get it now
Odie
Posted: May 3 2007, 07:59 AM

IDW Special Member

Hang on... the tuning process is done in-game. Nothing to do with whether the machine is online or not. However, what will be missing are the National Battles, the Team rankings, Pride rankings and the character growing up thingamagik.
gian7675
Posted: May 3 2007, 12:51 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (Odie @ Today at 7:59 AM)
Hang on... the tuning process is done in-game. Nothing to do with whether the machine is online or not. However, what will be missing are the National Battles, the Team rankings, Pride rankings and the character growing up thingamagik.

I'll settle with these features smile.gif laugh.gif It's like the features of an IDASV3.

Though I'm a little disappointed that my character license wouldn't "grow up". sad.gif
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: May 3 2007, 06:32 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Odie @ Today at 7:59 AM)

oh. thanks for the clarification then. grin2.gif
Odie
Posted: May 3 2007, 10:45 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (gian7675 @ Today at 12:51 PM)
I'll settle with these features smile.gif laugh.gif It's like the features of an IDASV3.

Though I'm a little disappointed that my character license wouldn't "grow up". sad.gif

I wouldn't worry about the character not growing up. Just think like the mind of a paedophile then you'll be ok.

I'm sure most of you wanted to know this... yah eraser is there but it's not the same as V3 eraser. In this case, eraser is used to prevent the car going booyah and understeer during the turn.
BDDEE@
Posted: May 3 2007, 11:04 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

do you still do it the same way or different...like during the turn?
Odie
Posted: May 3 2007, 11:39 PM

IDW Special Member

IMPORTANT NEWS:

It has been confirmed by the Sega distros in Hong Kong that the ID4 official machines making its way to HK will not work with Japanese IC cards and that it will be the English version rather than Japanese.

All current IC cards doing the rounds in HK will not work with official cabs.
Also the machines will be offline initially and will go online (but not connected to the Japanese servers) during the testing phase before the final rollout.
(no idea with which country but with Sankokushi Online connected to Taiwan, I guess there is a chance that HK will battle it out with Taiwan as well).

The main problem with the online battle is that data trasfer wise, it is much more demanding than Sankokushi Taisen and so there is almost 0 chance of seeing an international VS mode.

** eraser is done at the apex after the full lock to prevent that horrible understeer thus seeing your car slide out into the outer rails. Not all turns are needed of course so you won't see n00bs gacha all over the place (or will we? XD)

This post has been edited by Odie on May 3 2007, 11:43 PM
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: May 4 2007, 01:40 AM

IDW Supremo Member

hmm .. then is the braking and all done like V3, or is it a different thing as well?
Odie
Posted: May 4 2007, 02:49 AM

IDW Special Member

Brakes? what brakes? XDDD

Maybe there are turns that requires a little degas (I have yet to find one) but brakes? I doubt you need it at all.

In AS4, they're for n00bs. Tried braking/degassing not hitting anything compared with full gas wall mashing... the differences are huge!!! The thing about wall penalty in the low gears is.. well barely noticeable.

There are differences with wall grinding and wall smashing which I'm still not sure about. I accidentally did it and the speed dropped sequentially rather than a discontinuous jump during a hit.

This post has been edited by Odie on May 4 2007, 02:57 AM
gian7675
Posted: May 5 2007, 06:33 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (Odie @ May 3 2007, 10:45 PM)
eraser is there but it's not the same as V3 eraser. In this case, eraser is used to prevent the car going booyah and understeer during the turn.

Then it's like using eraser while driving a BNR34 in V3 to prevent understeer?
Odie
Posted: May 6 2007, 06:50 AM

IDW Special Member

Tried more of the moves in every permutation you can think of.. there IS a use for the brakes but not for every turn... this is getting ridiculous sleep.gif;;

First eraser is only useful in a few turns.... thinking the brakes are uselss and just today CKF figured out that the brakes in some turns is better than full gas wheel smash.... I'm at a total loss with the physics of this game. ARRRRGHGH!!!
Xdrifthero
Posted: May 7 2007, 01:21 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 23,101

my friend usually goes to this place called golfland it has like 4 machines he asked the manager when will they get ver.4 he said that like in 2 months o ya san jose california
Odie
Posted: May 7 2007, 10:56 PM

IDW Special Member

Oh did I mention that you cannot select the music? The music seems random as well as I recall that different BGM was played for the same course on TA.
ChiGGa
Posted: May 8 2007, 01:56 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 8,088

This post has been edited by ChiGGa on May 5 2020, 09:32 PM
Odie
Posted: May 8 2007, 07:13 PM

IDW Special Member

Not really.... if you've all seen Odadaiki's AE86 Akagi videos and Tatsu's link to the Akina one... then compare it to what the AE86 can really do then you will be thinking "Is this the same game?"

In this game, it doesn't matter if there are world record videos or not... the main problem is how on earth do you reach those speeds?
No crashing, almost equal speed apex and exit and yet they end up 10km/h faster at the end of the straights. I can't even see a 3'03" Akina, let alone a 2'58"3
gian7675
Posted: May 9 2007, 04:07 PM

IDW Prime Member

Wow...I wonder when we'll the local arcades here get the V4 machine. The Philippines is almost next door to Japan.

Hong Kong already have the Jap version and will be getting the English version...I hope our arcades get it soon smile.gif
Odie
Posted: May 10 2007, 09:14 AM

IDW Special Member

I think the mystery of the missing acceleration is solved.

After managing an apex speed of 137 on the fireworks turn and then not reaching 150 down the straight I restarted again and somehow screwed up at the beginning of CP4 on the next credit. Pissed off, I stopped the car and then restarted.. I reached the fireworks at around 125 and somehow managed a 160 down the same straight that I didn't even make 150 before!!!!!

I think I can conclude that entry speed means sod all and that the main thing is to slow down enough to take the corners so that you get the mass acceleration coming out of the turn.

YEAH BRAKES BABY!!! XDDDD
Finally sorted the use of the sodding brakes. slow in fast out >.<

This post has been edited by Odie on May 10 2007, 09:15 AM
ChaosAngel
Posted: May 11 2007, 02:41 AM

IDW Spartan #6

Member No.: 22,883

HOLY CRAP!! $10HKD

$6HKD = $1AUS

thats approx $1.50 Aus, MAN!!! i am so gonna play when i get to hk at end of year!!

thats cheap shit!!
razorsuKe
Posted: May 11 2007, 02:53 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 12,243

QUOTE (Odie @ Yesterday at 10:14 AM)
I think I can conclude that entry speed means sod all and that the main thing is to slow down enough to take the corners so that you get the mass acceleration coming out of the turn.

YEAH BRAKES BABY!!! XDDDD
Finally sorted the use of the sodding brakes. slow in fast out >.<

Just like every other version of initial D? ....
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums

4 Pages  1 2 3 4