Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Mr. M - Be The One

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

25 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 91,415  ·  Replies: 619 
> EXIT TRANCE
Doc-S
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 02:28 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,801

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 9 hours, 16 minutes ago)
Huh, that's odd. It's just the opposite for me. If I wanted to buy just the music, I'd have just gotten some MP3s. But rather, since I appreciate having a physical copy and the benefits that come with nice packaging, I opt for CDs and records instead.

Not exactly what I meant, I too like physical copies and appreciate the detail of the artwork put into the covers.
chpsv
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 08:32 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 34,271

FULL version bought immediately from king-beat and CD shipped at Friday,
not for who, just a support to EXIT TRANCE production team, hope the series will continue, at least not dying
Enosioph_Leviticus
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 04:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,751

so, nobody's gonna be nice enough to share the new ones here anymore?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:45 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Enosioph_Leviticus @ 9 hours, 45 minutes ago)
so, nobody's gonna be nice enough to share the new ones here anymore?

If that's true I suppose I can grab it and figure out some way to share it. I'm currently away from home and will be until June, and at the moment only have my netbook (no CD drive) to use. There's plenty of computer parts laying around so I should be able to scrounge something together enough to rip a CD.

I'm gonna give it another week or so. If there really is no one willing to share, I'll go ahead and buy Anime Best 15 as well as that Nyan Cat CD. Hopefully nobody where I'm staying will question why packages from Japan are showing up too much. awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 06:21 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 hours, 36 minutes ago)
If that's true I suppose I can grab it and figure out some way to share it. I'm currently away from home and will be until June, and at the moment only have my netbook (no CD drive) to use. There's plenty of computer parts laying around so I should be able to scrounge something together enough to rip a CD.

I'm gonna give it another week or so. If there really is no one willing to share, I'll go ahead and buy Anime Best 15 as well as that Nyan Cat CD. Hopefully nobody where I'm staying will question why packages from Japan are showing up too much. awesome.gif

Hasn't daniwell's Nyancat album been ripped yet? Or do you just want it in your collection for the lols? laugh.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Enosioph_Leviticus
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 01:19 PM

IDW Expert Member

i have the nyan CD actually.
the problem at my side is that nobody on JPz Records is upping the new ET albums since our last update. If you guys want it, I don't mind upping it.

@Nomake Wan
Remember, don't encode using iTunes awesome.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 01:36 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Enosioph_Leviticus @ 17 minutes, 6 seconds ago)
i have the nyan CD actually.
the problem at my side is that nobody on JPz Records is upping the new ET albums since our last update. If you guys want it, I don't mind upping it.

@Nomake Wan
Remember, don't encode using iTunes awesome.gif

If you have that Nyan CD it'd be great! I hadn't seen it uploaded in the usual places so I just assumed that no one was upping it. I'd love to hear it!

And psh, iTunes... it does just fine for a personal collection, but it was a very long time ago that I ripped using iTunes. Like we're talking years. All of ETFanHome's releases since then have been using EAC.

Though as I explained way back when that was a problem, iTunes merely added a fraction of a second delay to the beginning and end of each track. Aside from that its encoding was quite good. It'd be interesting to see if they fixed that 'bug' in a current version. I mean personally? I use iTunes to rip my own personal CDs for my own personal listening. It's fast and easy and does a great job.

But I know there are some anal nerds out there who would bitch about that fraction of a second leadin/leadout, so I use EAC for net releases. wink2.gif
Doc-S
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:24 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,801

There's always some Japanese people uploading ET CD rips on various blogs ect that will get spread around the net.

iTunes lossless ripping doesn't add that fraction of a second to the track lengths.
I rip all my stuff in lossless now, and I don't see an extra second added to anything like before.
Enosioph_Leviticus
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:37 PM

IDW Expert Member

EAC is fine!
personally, I prefer foobar2000, but either way its the same thing.
Yes, sooner or later I'll update Nyaa Cat Album on JPz Records.
Currently all staff members in JPz Records are max uploading old stuff that were lost during the MU shutdown. I will see to it though that I will share all the new stuff that's available coz mostly I have the lossless of the new ones, except for Best 15.

Also currently, I'm planning to purchase the extended tracks and host it on the site since Doc-S said that he wont do it anymore. But, if someone's gonna purchase it on BEAT-KING (320k) and share it, please let me know.

This post has been edited by Enosioph_Leviticus on Apr 10 2012, 04:24 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 04:27 PM

ShiMACHaze

You all know I'm more a fan of the nonstop CDs than the iTunes 'full' releases, so if in the next week or so there's nothing on that it'll be on its way to my doorstep. I found an external USB CD drive while cleaning so I should be able to rip it no problem. cool.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 04:41 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 13 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
I found an external USB CD drive while cleaning so I should be able to rip it no problem. cool.gif

Wow, how old is that?
Enosioph_Leviticus
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 05:43 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 15 minutes ago)
You all know I'm more a fan of the nonstop CDs than the iTunes 'full' releases, so if in the next week or so there's nothing on that it'll be on its way to my doorstep. I found an external USB CD drive while cleaning so I should be able to rip it no problem. cool.gif

True, but it's safer and more awesome to get both the nonstop & extended tracks version. Many people like myself prefer both availability of each version. Makes it smoother for DJs like myself.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 07:14 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 2 hours, 33 minutes ago)
Wow, how old is that?

If I had to guess? Older than our having been in this house. It looks to be pre-2001.

Still, an external CD drive is an external CD drive! I'll take what I can get! laugh.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 06:17 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Enosioph_Leviticus @ Yesterday, 9:43 PM)
True, but it's safer and more awesome to get both the nonstop & extended tracks version. Many people like myself prefer both availability of each version. Makes it smoother for DJs like myself.

Well, if you're so concerned about getting extenders and no one else is making them available, why don't you just buy them yourself?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 06:28 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 11 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
Well, if you're so concerned about getting extenders and no one else is making them available, why don't you just buy them yourself?

It's a huge pain, especially with the current yen exchange rate. The problem is that you can't attach a credit card with a non-Japan address to a Japanese iTunes account. The same goes for PlayStation Network. So the only way to buy things from these stores is to use prepaid cards. That's fine if you have someone you know personally in Japan who doesn't mind getting you one every once in a while (though the exchange rate will still rape you) but otherwise you buy said cards from vendors.

To put it in perspective, a 1500 yen card is almost $30 US. Not quite, but almost. That's insane. It should be $18. SEE:

http://www.japan-codes.com/itunes/

They're even more pricey on Yes-Asia.

That's why, Kyon.
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 06:36 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Then why not ask someone in Japan to get that $15 worth of music and then pay him $18?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 09:07 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 2 hours, 31 minutes ago)
Then why not ask someone in Japan to get that $15 worth of music and then pay him $18?

If you have someone in Japan then the problem is moot. That's what I said in my post.
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 09:21 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 13 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
If you have someone in Japan then the problem is moot. That's what I said in my post.

Eh, true. I just feel like people complain too much and too often about something not being uploaded when it's right in front of them to buy. Sure it's complicated, but just find someone in Japan willing to help you out.

This isn't necessarily directed at Enosioph, just me venting.

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on Apr 11 2012, 09:21 AM
Enosioph_Leviticus
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 12:26 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 9:21 AM)
Eh, true. I just feel like people complain too much and too often about something not being uploaded when it's right in front of them to buy. Sure it's complicated, but just find someone in Japan willing to help you out.

This isn't necessarily directed at Enosioph, just me venting.

Well, on the website, people spam my box askin about it each day.
should be a matter of time already when some dude ups it somewere.
I'm not in a hurry to get it, but I speak for those mad fans out there who wants a copy for free. awesome.gif

just take note that 50% of ET fans in the net dont even have visa or work
and they will not shut up till they get what they want facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by Enosioph_Leviticus on Apr 12 2012, 02:34 AM
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 03:22 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Dunno how I glossed over this, but as for iTunes rips, you say it inserts a fraction of a second's worth of silence to the beginning of a track, but that happens with all MP3s regardless of what program you used to rip it. Did you not know that, or are you talking about something different?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 08:37 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 5 hours, 14 minutes ago)
Dunno how I glossed over this, but as for iTunes rips, you say it inserts a fraction of a second's worth of silence to the beginning of a track, but that happens with all MP3s regardless of what program you used to rip it. Did you not know that, or are you talking about something different?

My...goodness. All this time I thought iTunes was the culprit. All this time I let people convince me that iTunes was evil. Since 2009 I was convinced that yes, for once these silly people who complained about volume on a file with maximum dynamic range were right about something.

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=36...dpost&p=1117261

The trouble with the test I did back in '09 was, I compared the raw WAV output to the MP3 encode from iTunes, without then converting the raw WAV output to MP3 using GoldWave or similar and comparing that. Had I done so--which I tested just now to confirm--I would have discovered that encoding to MP3 in general adds a seemingly random 0.0## second lead-in and lead-out to any encoded file.

God damn. Well, it's three years late but finally I am vindicated. Thank you, KyonPalm, for allowing me to use iTunes for MP3 rips once more. I am in your debt. Hell I wish I had brought that Miku CD with me to NY so I could just ship it to you now!

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Apr 12 2012, 08:49 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 06:27 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Hahaha! Glad I could help you out there. It's just one of many little nuances in file encoding I've noticed in my ~4 years of audio editing. You can ship it whenever you get a chance. tongue.gif

In all seriousness, I don't know much about the differences between iTunes as a ripper and any other programs, but from what I can tell, EAC is indeed the best at delivering the most accurate reproduction of data from a CD. Not that it matters much for the average listener, but I still always use it for my archiving, since it doesn't take much out of my day to spend a couple extra seconds working with the program.

By the way, this MP3 delay is automatically circumvented in Winamp, because it has a kind of "smooth transition" between tracks in your playlist, so even with MP3s, you can have uninterrupted playback as long as you use Winamp. Otherwise, you should use WAV if you're concerned about having ALL the audio data in the mix (which is kind of the point of a mix, innit?)

One other file format that I know doesn't do the "gap" thing is FLAC, which is cool since it's a great format to begin with.
Enosioph_Leviticus
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 02:35 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 6:27 AM)
Hahaha! Glad I could help you out there. It's just one of many little nuances in file encoding I've noticed in my ~4 years of audio editing. You can ship it whenever you get a chance. tongue.gif

In all seriousness, I don't know much about the differences between iTunes as a ripper and any other programs, but from what I can tell, EAC is indeed the best at delivering the most accurate reproduction of data from a CD. Not that it matters much for the average listener, but I still always use it for my archiving, since it doesn't take much out of my day to spend a couple extra seconds working with the program.

By the way, this MP3 delay is automatically circumvented in Winamp, because it has a kind of "smooth transition" between tracks in your playlist, so even with MP3s, you can have uninterrupted playback as long as you use Winamp. Otherwise, you should use WAV if you're concerned about having ALL the audio data in the mix (which is kind of the point of a mix, innit?)

One other file format that I know doesn't do the "gap" thing is FLAC, which is cool since it's a great format to begin with.

From what I can advise about ripping stuff from CDs, using EAC or foobar is the best ripper for lossless encoding. But, strictly, yes... It's a very BAD IDEA to use iTunes to rip stuff directly from the CD to lossy mp3. It may seem like the frequency is high, but the audio output volume is not the original's. Mind you that the previous attempts were pretty bad. whistling.gif

I suggest, you rip the CD to lossless, then encode it to lossy mp3! shifty2.gif

This post has been edited by Enosioph_Leviticus on Apr 14 2012, 02:36 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 05:24 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Enosioph_Leviticus @ 2 hours, 49 minutes ago)
Mind you that the previous attempts were pretty bad. whistling.gif

Oh, you mean like certain JPz Records releases with waveforms badly squared off? awesome.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 05:53 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

In the case of soundfiles victimized by the "loudness war" effect, try opening the file in Audacity (I can't speak for any other program as I've never tried this in any others) and click on the Amplify tool. If it automatically detects the adjustment to be in the negative dB, complete the (de)amplification and see if the waveform is back to a normal level. If it is not, then it is permanently distorted, and cannot be repaired.

I have not tested this far enough, but if you can deamplify it to a normal, "non-brickwalled" level, what may have been the brickwalling culprit could be the method of ripping (I do not know if iTunes is one that does this, or even if any ripping program does this because, again, I've not yet tested this idea, it's just a theory.)

If this theory is true, then it's likely that if the sound file cannot be deamplified, it was mastered that way on the CD to begin with and no matter what you use to rip it, it will always be a damaged sound file because either the mastering engineer(s), the producer(s) or whoever was in any kind of contact with the album in question was a complete fucking retard who should have lost their job ages ago and doesn't know enough about proper sound engineering to get even a concept as basic as "don't completely fucking decimate and obliterate the soundwave" by amplifying and distorting it to high hell.

By the way, that means a lot of people should be losing their jobs in the industry today - especially those in charge of "remastering." wink2.gif

25 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »