Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Mike Freeman - What Is Real

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,272  ·  Replies: 22 
> Battlefield 4
RalliKai
  Posted: Oct 4 2013, 11:49 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,607

So, has anyone been delving into the beta? The limited release was Monday and it was rest everywhere else today. I have yet to see it appear on PSN.
Lupin_III
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 12:33 AM

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,907

Yeah, it was alright.. It felt more like Battlefield 3.5 than a whole new game. The game does feel a lot more balanced though.
Spaz
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 08:27 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

I haven't yet, but I need to put my preorders (plural) in for PC and 360/1. It's gonna be hard to decide which group I'm playing with on launch night.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
APX
Posted: Oct 11 2013, 12:07 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Played for a few hours total, it's good, seems to strive me to now get the next cod games anymore because they seem to suck. Just gonna wait till summer or so when they reduce the price to get a One and that game.
RalliKai
  Posted: Oct 11 2013, 05:41 AM

IDW Goldmember

Most likely will pick up the PS3 copy and eventually the PC version when I finally finish my build.

Hit detection has been an issue for me in the beta. Many times, it seemed to take half a magazine before someone finally went down. I also hope they eliminate the contrail from sniper rifles. I don't know what it is, it just makes it harder to see where my shot is going.
Spaz
Posted: Oct 11 2013, 08:27 AM

Group Icon

Ugh, I need to preorder my One, too... This is going to get expensive, quick.
Spaz
Posted: Oct 27 2013, 10:06 PM

Group Icon

I'm preloading for PC right now, since I'm playing with the PC guys tomorrow night. I'll buy for 360 later (Sorry, Grappler).
OkamiWind
Posted: Oct 27 2013, 10:12 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,468

If only I had a good gaming PC I would SO preorder the PC version...

So for now I will buy the PS3 version...heh...
APX
Posted: Oct 27 2013, 11:23 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Nope, saving it for xbox one. That or try my luck on Titanfall.
Grappler
Posted: Oct 28 2013, 03:01 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,805

QUOTE (Spaz @ Yesterday, 10:06 PM)
I'm preloading for PC right now, since I'm playing with the PC guys tomorrow night. I'll buy for 360 later (Sorry, Grappler).

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1500 x 1355. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
OkamiWind
Posted: Oct 29 2013, 10:04 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

So...who has the game now? It is good for what the PS3 can do, but I can definitely see the graphics being pushed WAY THE HECK DOWN. I mean I aim with my gun's iron sights and the sight DOESN'T LOAD. IT'S A GIANT BLOB BEFORE IT LOADS. Troublesome but it works I guess...

Also this is the first time I had the game freeze for me, as well as the game not loading the stage properly. Sheesh at least the online doesn't have much issues...but it is enjoyable to say the least.

If you have finished the campaign...
SPOILER
RalliKai
  Posted: Oct 30 2013, 07:19 AM

IDW Goldmember

I'm pretty much holding out until I get my PC build finished to pickup BF4 just to get the non-watered down visual experience. cool.gif Some cards just need to fall in place before I can finish the build though.
Spaz
Posted: Oct 30 2013, 08:49 AM

Group Icon

It's awesome on PC. I'm still on a single card so I'm running it on medium for the sake of framerate, but it still looks damn good. Ultra is just stunning.
RalliKai
  Posted: Nov 2 2013, 05:56 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Spaz @ Oct 30 2013, 11:49 AM)
It's awesome on PC. I'm still on a single card so I'm running it on medium for the sake of framerate, but it still looks damn good. Ultra is just stunning.

What card are you running? I've been looking at the GTX 660Ti and hoping that can handle Medium to High settings. The one video I watched of BF4 on PC, the guy was running with a 690 on Ultra. I know what I'm looking at won't reach that.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Nov 4 2013, 08:42 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

You're in luck, I just so happen to have a 660Ti. laugh.gif

Core i5-3570K @ 3.4ghz
8gb RAM (even with Firefox using 1gb thanks to having to have a browser open)
NVIDIA GTX660Ti 2gb

Happy to report that on my hardware, it runs smooth as butter on high settings with 64 players. awesome.gif

vhsfootball_82
Posted: Nov 9 2013, 12:06 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 4,420

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Nov 2 2013, 05:56 AM)
What card are you running? I've been looking at the GTX 660Ti and hoping that can handle Medium to High settings. The one video I watched of BF4 on PC, the guy was running with a 690 on Ultra. I know what I'm looking at won't reach that.

Why not go for a AMD R9 280x? it easily beats the 660ti. the 280x are being sold for 300 and I have read the ASUS version is the best bang for buck card. Or if you have some money to shell out, a R9 290 cost 450 and its heaps better than the 280x. Plus with MANTLE being released next month, all GCN cards should get an increased performance as well. im planning on getting either two 280x for my next build or a 290 when they drop to 400 or so next year, since the 290 performs just below the 290x.
Spaz
Posted: Nov 9 2013, 11:14 AM

Group Icon

I've got a Radeon HD6800, for the record.
Spaz
Posted: Nov 16 2013, 06:19 AM

Group Icon

So, BF4 has been... Interesting.

I can't say I'm a fan of the launch maps, really the only one I like is Operation Locker, otherwise a few others are bearable. Choke points are what make a map fun, instead of a k/d ratio relying on luck of where you spawn. The BF3 maps were all very linear which made them awesome, BF4 maps are just too open to make it anything but luck of the draw when you kill someone because most kills end up being random encounters more than planned tactical positions. It's just too much OPEN. I can't wait for the BF3 maps to be released.

Otherwise, it's been trying to figure out what gun/mod combos work well together, but I'm really liking the muzzle brake/angled grip combo on ARs. You're generally burst firing anyway, and that really helps with accuracy.
RalliKai
  Posted: Nov 16 2013, 07:21 AM

IDW Goldmember

So Dice is going to re-release it's older maps like Karkand and the like for BF4? Sweat deal then if true. cool.gif

Nevermind, just found the story on it. Looking forward to the Second Assault DLC.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Nov 16 2013, 07:23 AM
OkamiWind
Posted: Nov 16 2013, 09:28 AM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Yeah the launch maps are a bit there...many of them are open as you said. But, for me at least, not all of them are bad.

I do like Zavod 311, Dawnbreaker, and Hanian Resort. But I HATE Paracel Storm, god the rush games are so biased to the defenders.

However I will agree that the spawns are CRAP. Spawn, DIE, spawn, DIE. Ugh, the little window only helps with frontal vision.

By the way what are your favorite guns so far? I personally like the M416 for AR, M249 for LMG and the AK 5C for carbines. Although I do want to try the G36C when I unlock it.
Spaz
Posted: Nov 16 2013, 11:00 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (OkamiWind @ 1 hour, 31 minutes ago)
Yeah the launch maps are a bit there...many of them are open as you said. But, for me at least, not all of them are bad.

I do like Zavod 311, Dawnbreaker, and Hanian Resort. But I HATE Paracel Storm, god the rush games are so biased to the defenders.

However I will agree that the spawns are CRAP. Spawn, DIE, spawn, DIE. Ugh, the little window only helps with frontal vision.

By the way what are your favorite guns so far? I personally like the M416 for AR, M249 for LMG and the AK 5C for carbines. Although I do want to try the G36C when I unlock it.

Zavod 311 isn't bad while it is (lol make sense of that), Locker is great as I said, I like Golmud Railway and Rogue Transmission as well.

Fuck Paracel Storm. Between the patrol boats being able to cap every point (The two groups I play with both just call them OP boats) and how annoyingly games play out, I'm just not a fan. Flood Zone can also suck on it. I get the feeling that because the Frostbite 2 engine does great water they just decided to make a bunch of water maps, and that's terrible reasoning. It's Battlefield, not sniperfield or swimmerfield and that's what those maps turn it into.

I don't have a ton of stuff unlocked, but I do agree on the AK 5C, I've been liking it quite a bit. The M249 has never been a bad choice in any BF game, and I'm still sticking with the AK 12 for an AR for now.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Nov 16 2013, 05:50 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

Been playing on the Xbox a lot, loving it!
SgtXDNX
Posted: Nov 18 2013, 03:38 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Frickin' love me some Paracel Storm, it and Zavod definitely feel the most 'Battlefieldy' of the launch maps to me. Plus, the tears of shot down helis during a storm on Paracel is just impossible to resist. laugh.gif