Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Dave Rodgers - I Want To Feel

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,580  ·  Replies: 11 
> Your record and strategy with no tune-up car, use default cars for battle
raceD
    Posted: Apr 28 2009, 05:43 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,742

I have seen the record sheets of many ppl, but I suspected that it's probally done using 7777 cars.

I would like to know if anyone has the records for tracks using default cars? I would like to use it as bench mark.

For default cars in battle, I usually see the stock speed for every car at 4th gear (in 5 gear car) and 5th (in 6 gear car) is 186km/h. Is that right? Or any other car can surpass this speed?

I don't think "course car" is different either, since I'm testing them in battle with computer car.
Jerry Liu
Posted: May 6 2009, 11:20 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 29,300

Wait??? I'm having trouble following what you're tryna ask...
DamienWolf
Posted: May 7 2009, 09:31 PM

Not Without Incident

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (raceD @ Apr 28 2009, 09:43 PM)
I have seen the record sheets of many ppl, but I suspected that it's probally done using 7777 cars.

I would like to know if anyone has the records for tracks using default cars? I would like to use it as bench mark.

For default cars in battle, I usually see the stock speed for every car at 4th gear (in 5 gear car) and 5th (in 6 gear car) is 186km/h. Is that right? Or any other car can surpass this speed?

I don't think "course car" is different either, since I'm testing them in battle with computer car.

Course cars do not have a difference in top speed with other cars when in stock form BUT they have handling differences and handle better in their courses than other cars.

If you want a benchmark, subtact 4 seconds from the times of the 77777 cars. That is usually their time with a stock car. Proven.

For example, I have a 2'59 in Akina DH with my FT Trueno. I can do a 3'03 or 3'04 with a stock Trueno in Akina DH.
pukpukracer
Posted: May 10 2009, 02:18 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 31,801

tangent question- what is the course car for Irohazaka?
whipwhop
Posted: May 21 2009, 02:40 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 32,389

QUOTE (pukpukracer @ May 10 2009, 02:18 AM)
tangent question- what is the course car for Irohazaka?

the course car is the MR2 obviously

but it's already been proven that it's not the BEST car for the course
akira86
Posted: Jun 27 2009, 09:10 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 29,342

QUOTE (whipwhop @ May 21 2009, 02:40 PM)
the course car is the MR2 obviously

but it's already been proven that it's not the BEST car for the course

cappu. or MR2 could take the crown
raceD
  Posted: Jul 18 2009, 09:12 AM

IDW Member

For Iro, since I use Stock car,

I find that when I do battle, Cappu can only max 141 4th gear while other car like FD can max 142. So is Cappu stock still the best for Iro down hill?

I find that and FD have the best accel in straight so I intend on using the FD in Iro. Is this a good option? I usually exit speed at 85, 86, with the FD I can accel faster than the Cappu, I think.

With the stock Cappu, the only think I find it better than an FD is that it have less chance of crash the tail into the rail which decrease my exit speed to 75. My stock Cappu exit speed on Iro is about the same, 85, 86.

What do you guys think? And what about Iro uphill? What is the best stock car?
akira86
Posted: Jul 18 2009, 02:02 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 29,342

QUOTE (raceD @ 4 hours, 49 minutes ago)
For Iro, since I use Stock car,

I find that when I do battle, Cappu can only max 141 4th gear while other car like FD can max 142. So is Cappu stock still the best for Iro down hill?

I find that and FD have the best accel in straight so I intend on using the FD in Iro. Is this a good option? I usually exit speed at 85, 86, with the FD I can accel faster than the Cappu, I think.

With the stock Cappu, the only think I find it better than an FD is that it have less chance of crash the tail into the rail which decrease my exit speed to 75. My stock Cappu exit speed on Iro is about the same, 85, 86.

What do you guys think? And what about Iro uphill? What is the best stock car?

the size of the cappu helps me alot with no wal ramming the outside and the FD has slower gears in my oppinon and once u start to get the power to start, you have to get rady for the newt turn but cappu can keep u at a cartain speed. For the uphill i belive EVO3 is best to use for its accel.
Yaoi
Posted: Jul 20 2009, 05:35 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 30,308

My strongest TA course is Akagi UH Dry. My best time in a stock EVO IV is 2'42"5xx. This is on an uncalibrated machine, btw, which I've found is about 1-3 seconds slower.
raceD
  Posted: Jul 21 2009, 08:02 AM

IDW Member

I was trying to perfect my drive technique and test out if I can use two hand driving since I have used one hand steering forever.

I suck at 2 hands steering, or I just can't get used to it now after so long using one hand driving.

I tried Myogi DH dry Time Attack again. After several tries, I used a stock RX7 FD and achieved: 2'44'xxx. I think I can get it down to 1 or 2 more seconds, what are your record with stock car?

I also want to talk about the techinique using. In Myogi there are quite a lot of long U turn and the entry speed is usually about 160+ which I think with a stock car, you will slide way off, am I right?

I tried like the vids I saw in Youtube, but I just can't stick to the wall when turning like them, must be because the MAX car have better traction.

I then using brakes to try to slow myself down whenever I'm turning to stick closer to the wall, however, whenever I hold the brake for 3/4 sec and then gas again, my speed went down from 166 (overrev 4) to 152 or something. I avoided the bum and go unscathed but my overall time is around 2'47.

Next I tried to go most of the time all the way with no brake, the way I avoid bumping is by turn really hard and countersteer really hard as well. Basicly I try to let the head of my car always stick in the direction of the wall, ofcourse with my speed being 160+, my car flung all the way to the otherside, but since I steer my wheel really hard and countersteer, it avoids hitting the rail by milimeter. With that I manage to exit with 157.

What I would like to ask is, is that the way you guys do as well or you guys prefer to brake and then gas again? Cause my way is a lot risky since my tail always expose, if I slide too wide, my tail touch the rail and I'm down to 140. And with my current driving style, it is impossible to stick to the line since I flung to hard to the other side whenever I'm turning.

Please help.
Yaoi
Posted: Jul 21 2009, 01:43 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 30,308

Your current method of attack is the incorrect method of cornering. The sliding motion you are feeling and the concurrent loss of control of your car means that the game has "penalized" you for taking the corner too quickly. Nearly every corner in this game has a "speed limit," and it's different for each and every corner. If you go through a corner any faster than its limit, you are penalized. Although on a wide course like Myogi you may be able to regain control of the car before you hit any walls, your acceleration upon exit will be severely lagged due to the penalty.

The correct method of turning in this game is to brake on entry to lower your speed down below the limit, typically before you reach the apex because that is around when the limit kicks in.

Also, there is NOT a huge difference between the handling of a stock car and a fully tuned car as you were assuming. The differences are mostly in top speed and acceleration. The difference in time between a stock car and fully tuned car is only about four seconds. While at high levels of TA play four seconds is a huge difference, I'm talking about a relative comparison, in context, the context being a STOCK CAR.

From even making this thread, you are making it sound like there is a completely different approach to playing a stock car than there is to playing a fully tuned car. This is not true. To play a stock car well, you do nearly the exact same thing you would do to play a fully tuned car well. You do not make any significant differences in line, timing, or anything important. Everything is simply happening proportionally slower, four seconds slower over the stretch of the entire course.

Also, drive with two hands. It is a must. Go see if you can get a good time on Irohazaka playing with one hand and I will retract my statement, but until you can accomplish that, I will tell you that playing with two hands is simply better than playing with one hand. I'm not normally that closed-minded about things, and I usually don't tell people what to do, but this is just one of those things that is a fact. It's not about preference. Play with two hands if you want to get better.

This post has been edited by Yaoi on Jul 21 2009, 01:46 PM
raceD
  Posted: Jul 21 2009, 11:47 PM

IDW Member

Thanks alot, I really appreciate your help.

Do you know if there are any faqs about the speed limit of corners in each course? Since I just try Myogi, I suspect it is 155?

I trust what you said is true about the different between stock and FT car, so for example here is what Damien Wolf achieved before:

Myogi DH: 2'36 mid
Myogi UH: 2'37 mid

So with that, if using stock car, his record is aroudn 2'40 right? And since mine is now 2'44, I think if I try hard enuff, maybe I can push it down there.

According to what you said, I could do the exact same "line" as I saw in the vid execpt with a lower speed right?

Iro DH dry with one hand I achieved: 3'05 which come pare to Wolf: 2'49 FT is a bit far off. I'll give it a try with 2 hands again.

I'd like to ask also what cars are best for what course. I know about the "course cars" in the FAQ topic but as Wolf said, during battles it means nothing so I'd like to find the best car for each road.

For example, personaly, I found the 2 well rounded car are: the MR2 and the Subaru 5th gear. The MR2 steer really easy but the accel are quite slow. The Subara stear easy as well and the accel is faster than the MR2. I found these 2 cars to be the best for practice the road. Both car also have short body which is good for most roads to avoid bumping.

I found the Evo 3 to have very good accel in corner, decent accel in straight but harder to steer.

The RX7FD to have very good accel in straight, slow accel in corner, harder to steer compare to the MR2. Long body which may cause it to tail bum.

The RX7FC have decent accel in both straight and corner, easier to steer than the FD. Long body which may cause it to tail bum.

I don't like 6-gears car because I have to shift too much and remember many different shift points between 5-gears car and 6 gears car, that's why I just stick to 5th gears car.

So what I would do is to use the MR2, WRX to familiarize myself with the road and then if the road is mostly straight need high accel, I would pick FD, if the road have many corner, I'd pick Evo3.

Special case for me is the Iro DH which everybody seem to say the Cappu is the best.

So anyway, here is my list of "best car for each course"

Lake Akina CW: Rx7FD
Lake Akina CCW: Rx7FD
Myogi DH: Rx7FD
Myogi UH: Rx7FD
Akagi DH: WRX
Akagi UH: Rx7FD
Akina DH: Rx7FD
Akina UH: Rx7FD
Iro DH: Cappu
Iro UH: Evo3
Tsukuba OB: Rx7FD