Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Nathalie - Heartbeat

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 21,281  ·  Replies: 132 
> One-Handed Steer
APX
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 08:26 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (BDDEE@ @ Today at 7:16 PM)
no, they can be used in discussion of the game in the real world... person to person which shows the skill level they are IN the game
cant be used for anything else though

And thats why I said it, it means nothing tongue.gif
Mac (SM)
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 08:41 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,819

Hey my times are not that great but i can out run people pretty well and i was steering with one hand before i finished watching the anime some people do this because it works not to look cool
BDDEE@
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 08:45 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

QUOTE (Mac (SM) @ Today at 2:41 PM)
some people do this because it works not to look cool

erm.. wtfbbq it 'works'?
why dont you explain to us how it 'works'
Mac (SM)
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 09:05 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 25,819

i win enough to think it is not a handicap that is what it means this is a legitimate technique not a way to show off
InitialDRulz
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 11:45 PM

Over One Billion Double Penetrations

Member No.: 2,912

I only can drive one handed on the Irohazaka course. on the courses where like Akagi and Akina, well, with me, when i use one handed, i turn very stiff and very long, if i did that in Akagi/Akina, i would hit the rails and then lose alot of speed. When i drive two hands, for some reason, i don't feel the gear shifting. Its like i'll turn, and then whack the gear box afterwards, when i could turn and just before i finish, i can change gear straightaway.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Jezza
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 12:16 AM

IDW Jap-a-neeze Member

Member No.: 20,278

i always drive with one hand, coz i'm so use to ID3, that i miss the shifter sometimes wen i use 2 hands...*embarrassed*
Spike Razzor
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 12:58 AM

The lazy racer, getting faster with less effort.

Member No.: 24,227

QUOTE (APX @ Yesterday at 9:27 PM)
Times = mean nothing in the real world. sad.gif

This is the cancer thats killing ID, Goddamn thread kill XD.
APX
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 01:32 AM

Correction: Initial D has been dead for awhile now sad.gif
xyeohts
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 08:03 AM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Member No.: 25,770

Hmmm mind me here.. I do 1 hand on Myogi, Akagi.. Not on Akagi on the continous corners..

Car losses out seriously a lot on that.. sadly..
echizenryoma
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 08:07 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 25,572

QUOTE (xyeohts @ Today at 8:03 AM)
Hmmm mind me here.. I do 1 hand on Myogi, Akagi.. Not on Akagi on the continous corners..

One hand = turn faster
Two hand = turn with more accuracy
K3vin
Posted: Nov 27 2007, 05:53 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 27,178

QUOTE (xyeohts @ Yesterday at 8:03 AM)

well u can always practice coz i seem to love using one hand on the consecutives on AKAGI DH (especially the first set on consec.)
xXNICKXx
Posted: Nov 27 2007, 06:50 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 26,091

QUOTE (echizenryoma @ Today at 12:07 AM)
One hand = turn faster
Two hand = turn with more accuracy

why dont we ask our team one hand guy for the advise haha still different ppl different playing style if u can do a iro with 2'41 one handed its okk but still its how fast u run tt matters and not how style u run the map
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Nov 27 2007, 10:46 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 26,858

yeah...agreed...not the style...but i like already biasa in one hand...so sometimes i also force myself to use two hand...it helps to balance the car well if we use two hands....its impossible to do a 2:41 iro with one hand la...
kravhen
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 03:25 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 21,221

OMG NICEEEEE

DONT FORGETZ 2 KICK THE CLUTCH TO GET MAX SPEEDSS !
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 05:24 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

i find using 2 hand in as4 is a must. in v3 you could get away with using 1 hand for the most part. though not in as4 as the car drifts too easily now.
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 08:45 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 26,858

yeah...many people think that is a must for two hands...but i jus use one hand when i not serious...like jus play play only....when i serious...also jus some of the time i use two hands geh...like turning....then use two hands and balnce back the car...
*j*j*
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 08:57 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

well bros every 1 hav their own tech n habits in everything they do so if u r good at using 1 hand than go ahead lah ...

but u c in v4 d steering controls r a very important factor to better times n if u hav d capability to control ur lining wit juz 1 hand i muz say u r a real talented person ...

so far i hav not com across wit any 1 hand drivers who r in d top IR ranking i do doubt of this method coz for me i used steering lvl 6 to play wit both hands , when i do my TAs especially in akina dh wet i found d control lvl of d steering wit difficulty to handle coz of d need of super contersteering action wit both hands wit accuracy n superb timing ...

u can never do tat wit oni 1 hand .... happy.gif

well if u r in a straight road during some maps u ofc can handle it wit 1 hand lah ... laugh.gif
Atsuma
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 11:10 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 27,066

LOLZ!!! I think ppl who played with one hand should change to 2 hands la... Coz if u counter steer with one hand, ur hand sure break into half.... Some maps need lightning fast countersteering, so one hand can cause instability to the car..... If u do it wrongly, temporary MIA for ID4 for sure...... (U guys know what I meant grin2.gif )
APX
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Atsuma @ Today at 11:10 PM)
LOLZ!!! I think ppl who played with one hand should change to 2 hands la... Coz if u counter steer with one hand, ur hand sure break into half.... Some maps need lightning fast countersteering, so one hand can cause instability to the car..... If u do it wrongly, temporary MIA for ID4 for sure...... (U guys know what I meant grin2.gif )

Or they're just smart and know not to be stupid and break they're hands. wink2.gif

Getting times are boring now, it's dead to me. biggrin.gif
Atsuma
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 11:19 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (APX @ Today at 11:12 PM)
Or they're just smart and know not to be stupid and break they're hands. wink2.gif

Getting times are boring now, it's dead to me. biggrin.gif

Hahaha!!! Anyway, the most enjoyable mode is TA.... U will feel the accomplishment when u achieve a new record.... But anyway, playing too much also kinda boring..... I remember Bunta Challenge.... AAAhhhh, those were the days.... happy.gif
APX
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Atsuma @ Today at 11:19 PM)
Hahaha!!! Anyway, the most enjoyable mode is TA.... U will feel the accomplishment when u achieve a new record.... But anyway, playing too much also kinda boring..... I remember Bunta Challenge.... AAAhhhh, those were the days.... happy.gif

Time Attack is boring -.-

Only good thing about the game is either just racing someone or just trying to beat the "story"
Atsuma
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 11:26 PM

IDW Expert Member

It depends on ppl.... Mayb to u is boring.... But most ppl plays TA more than any other modes available... Battle mode sucks since we dun hav aura..... Story mode lame once u finished until quite a number of times..... What's left?? TA lor.... But anyway, to me TA is more enjoyable.... Haihz.... Just wish we can hav aura so we can show off.... LOLZ!!!!
air
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 02:08 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 27,483

Well one hand steer?

If the gear box is align to my right hand side, I might thinking of using both hands. I am left hander, and I just use my left hand to play it with AT, my right hand for? I think my righty hand is used to hold soft drinks and helped me drink while driving.

I dunno one hand steer got what advantage, but depend the player feel and habit. Instead of arguing one hand much more cooler than two hand, I prefer to say that one hand steer make a player space out the other hand to do other things. THats the advantage. (Not only drinks and eating, listening cell phone, etc)
Tiga
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 06:13 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 26,710

QUOTE (APX @ Today at 7:22 AM)
Time Attack is boring -.-

Only good thing about the game is either just racing someone or just trying to beat the "story"

You know for me, it's the complete opposite. The only boring part about TA is when you have the top record in the arcade and no one is even trying to beat it because not many ppl play IDAS4 over here. dry.gif

As for Story Mode, I bet them twice and I've had enough...even though it could be a good practice to improve your time.
sdlahz
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 08:01 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 26,366

hmmm...

for me, i do TAs to improve my times n skills.

but story mode to tune cars and practise new courses i'm not familiar or fast at.

but i'll never get sick of look at their pre-race and post-race comments... =)

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 »