Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing McFly - Corrupted

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 22,198  ·  Replies: 171 
> Mazda Thread, Discuss anything about Mazda here~!!!
StormRaider
  Posted: Jul 17 2007, 07:26 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,359

Hello guys... as the title mentioned anything about Mazda cars... To start off i have a very serious questions.

1. May i know why FD seems under power at 5th gear especially at Tsukuba?

2. Why is FD that understeering when entering a high speed hairpin where is start off smooth then in between just slides out?

3. I am not sure does those spoiler, hood, wheels and exhaust does play a major part in these series?

I know there is a solution to it... Hopefully expert out there could help me out... wat should i upgrade or tune it to make these problems go away? thanx

This post has been edited by StormRaider on Jul 17 2007, 07:34 AM
Zackler
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 09:15 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 11,796

QUOTE (StormRaider @ Today at 7:26 AM)
1. May i know why FD seems under power at 5th gear especially at Tsukuba?

2. Why is FD that understeering when entering a high speed hairpin where is start off smooth then in between just slides out?

3. I am not sure does those spoiler, hood, wheels and exhaust does play a major part in these series?

Correct me if i'm wrong, i just played id4 today and this is what i could say to help you.....

1. from a friend of mine who had a similar problem, tune your engine, since the car you have now is kind of under powered, but since this is id4, kmph matters for now..... (i think)

2. oh understeering, following the other post, yes, you could change how you go in a corner and such, but tat slide thing suddenly hooked, like you have to follow tat line in a corner, my view, tune up your suspension and try abit gas steppin on and off, or go in tat corner differently.... (i hope it helps, abit, since the logic behind this game is too strange for me for now)

3. yup it helps, in ways thou, 1st makes your car looks more sporty, 2nd get to use your hard earn points, 3rd aerodynamic help u to slide your car faster~ ever wonder why they put a high points for those stuff, well to me thou, since i played today and cant beat Tak (Takumi) yet, and there i thought having a carbon hood helps, which it did, abit, spoiler good, well.... (i think im talkin to myself now)

anyway, if you think im wrong where somewhere, dont flame me, i'm still learnin the tune logic sense of this game.... so yea, tune your car please :P oh yea, this game too realistic, good luckth! :3
StormRaider
  Posted: Jul 17 2007, 12:43 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 25,359

thanx man at least you helped me to clear off some doubts is not me that is having the great problem... still got to learn how to take the corners as I am really fed up with the last few corners before the end vs Takumi at Tsukuba. Any other helped is appreciated... thanx Zackler for the info so far.
Cowman715
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 01:53 PM

The only Miata driver around

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 14,640

Miata, Good in this version?
Zackler
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 05:41 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 11,796

ur welcome stormraider~ yea those corners are killers to me (even i didnt fight takumi in that map yet), but im getting there, hope you too dude~

that miata... no idea for my view, maybe i try tat car awhile~ since well. im still tunnin up my 86... >.> any1 tried the miata car yet? tongue.gif (ROADSTER S Special [NA6C])
ChaosAngel
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 11:32 PM

IDW Spartan #6

Member No.: 22,883

i got myself a black FD and im planning to put all of the Project D (later) parts on it XD, the Project D parts are black right?? so they wont stand out on my car then??? >.<" that sux...should have chosen a different colour.....

and is it just me or does the FD looks more flatter and fatter than normal??
megamonkey@hotmail
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 11:40 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 21,488

QUOTE (ChaosAngel @ Today at 11:32 PM)
i got myself a black FD and im planning to put all of the Project D (later) parts on it XD, the Project D parts are black right?? so they wont stand out on my car then??? >.<" that sux...should have chosen a different colour.....

it looks taller to me,
some of the project d parts didn't look to appealing to me
ChaosAngel
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 11:48 PM

IDW Spartan #6

QUOTE (megamonkey@hotmail @ Today at 11:40 PM)
it looks taller to me,
some of the project d parts didn't look to appealing to me

i might save up points until i get all internal parts i guess

is there a site that shows all the parts of an FD?? coz then i know what to get next time i go?
echizenryoma
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 06:54 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 25,572

I olso have a black FD=D
Trying to make my car disappear from view at night ( If there is blind attack, i dunnoe-.- )

FD is kinda under-powered at 5th gear... My solution...
Make sure there is no acceration lag in 4th gear to make it up for it...
Anyway, most likely we go in corners at 4th gears not 5th....
And i hate it when the car suddenly stops 'drifting' when entering at high speed....
DamienWolf
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 07:30 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (echizenryoma @ Today at 10:54 PM)
I olso have a black FD=D
Trying to make my car disappear from view at night ( If there is blind attack, i dunnoe-.- )

FD is kinda under-powered at 5th gear... My solution...
Make sure there is no acceration lag in 4th gear to make it up for it...
Anyway, most likely we go in corners at 4th gears not 5th....
And i hate it when the car suddenly stops 'drifting' when entering at high speed....

Its not just the FD. I also experience that with my Trueno and especially my S2K. Its the friggin' game physics.
delicklim
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 07:31 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 25,227

lol hi, im a SG player
i am driving a FD too a yellow 1 lol FD ish abit lack out at the high speed turns? i cant drift smooth in akina
can any1 help mi??? crying2.gif

SaSuKeSaMa
venth85
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 07:47 AM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

QUOTE (ChaosAngel @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM)

I own black FD too with RE AMEMIYA parts(keisuke's) well the part doesn't stand out but it made the FD looks wicked laugh.gif that's what i think. maybe u should make new FD happy.gif
U2-
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 06:57 PM

YelU2low FD in Irohazaka...

Member No.: 25,487

why FD seem like slow when 4th gear in iro...izit the problem with full tune or?plz teach teach
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 09:55 PM

Grand Wizard

Member No.: 25,288

The FD has officially over took the 86T as best on wet conditions.

best dry: 86T, 86L, AP1
best wet: FD3S, 86T, AP1

This post has been edited by Retsuka on Jul 30 2007, 09:57 PM
ChaosAngel
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 10:21 PM

IDW Spartan #6

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Today at 9:55 PM)
The FD has officially over took the 86T as best on wet conditions.

best dry: 86T, 86L, AP1
best wet: FD3S, 86T, AP1

sweet XD, better start playing in wet now =D

so is there a site that has all the parts that i can look at?? the english IDAS4 site doesnt seem to have it...
jkp
Posted: Jul 31 2007, 05:28 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 25,528

wow so 4wd's are not really the best cars for wet conditions?

anyway for me i think the FC is a good all rounder now because i discovered today that it could fairly go fast at every course even Iro unlike in the past, the FC sucked at that course..
ChaosAngel
Posted: Jul 31 2007, 11:48 PM

IDW Spartan #6

QUOTE (jkp @ Today at 5:28 AM)
wow so 4wd's are not really the best cars for wet conditions?

anyway for me i think the FC is a good all rounder now because i discovered today that it could fairly go fast at every course even Iro unlike in the past, the FC sucked at that course..

yea the cars are more balanced out in idas4, and its not for certain that the FD will stay top for wet conditions considering the game has only just came out
Fuzz
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 05:22 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,618

most players including the new ones would practice on dry conditions and not many will train on wet conditions because your car will slide out more and you need a lesser speed that compared to dry. I'm only training on dry conditions because i'm no where near the TA set. Until I think i've reached a level i'm happy with i would limit myself to driving on wet. So its only a matter of time before more people will play on wet
ott
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 07:29 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 25,164

I agree with what most of you are saying. Do also take note that the ranking that we're referring to is based on the Japanese System which has already been out for some time. I'm sure once the English System's IR is up, there might be a new ranking with more slight changes here and there as well as the addition of the 3 new cars.
jkp
Posted: Aug 2 2007, 06:44 AM

IDW Special Member

well yeah this game just got released, and we are just experiencing some first thoughts about some cars and we think that they are already the best for a specific situation, but i think that it will change in the future when we play even better or longer right?

and also what do you think is the best tune for the FC so it could beat Tak (Takumi) and Kai in the legend of the streets mode?? kinda having a hard time here.. thanks
drft
Posted: Aug 2 2007, 06:49 AM

BRY-ZLA

Member No.: 1,563

QUOTE (jkp @ Today at 6:44 AM)
well yeah this game just got released, and we are just experiencing some first thoughts about some cars and we think that they are already the best for a specific situation, but i think that it will change in the future when we play even better or longer right?

and also what do you think is the best tune for the FC so it could beat Tak (Takumi) (Takumi) and Kai in the legend of the streets mode?? kinda having a hard time here.. thanks

Best tune is to learn to drive smile.gif That and some susp mods + engine will help.
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Aug 2 2007, 07:11 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

I don't think external parts matter at all. Only for looks. Just pick up an upgrade or so and keep on trying smile.gif
jkp
Posted: Aug 2 2007, 07:40 AM

IDW Special Member

thanks for the advice bout the FC.. so outside parts doesnt help anymore like in V3 so when I put a spoiler in my car so thats for show only?? am i right?
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Aug 2 2007, 07:43 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (jkp @ Today at 11:40 PM)
thanks for the advice bout the FC.. so outside parts doesnt help anymore like in V3 so when I put a spoiler in my car so thats for show only?? am i right?

Well, yes. It's for show only.
Ben
Posted: Aug 2 2007, 07:46 AM

BENNY

Member No.: 4,375

Nah not really, each part helps in different ways toward the handling, top speed etc. of the car.. Obviously it'll take a while to figure out whats better.

7 Pages  1 2 3 »