Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Jean Love - Movin' Up Moving Now

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,237  ·  Replies: 69 
> FF Dori Vid, FF dori!
J4P RX
  Posted: Dec 16 2002, 10:19 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 132

OK some proof for the doubters, basically using the technique I described in another thread.

On the plus, its a drift biggrin.gif
On the negative, you can see he wont be able to take another bend drifting where as RWD could go on all day cool.gif

http://www.lagunartea.com/Kolaborazioak/Tx...Txus%20Jaio.mpg

Lee
karasac
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 12:05 PM

Rotary Disciple

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11

that was a nice ass drag,

but the reason he was able to do that is cuz the road was wet and muddy making it easy to break rear traction, its just like tray drifting without the tray
J4P RX
  Posted: Dec 16 2002, 12:14 PM

IDW Jr. Member

hehe,

I take it your excuse means you are admitting its a drift. I know its far from perfect - looks at my plus and negative points.

Its still impressive though.

Lee
karasac
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 12:17 PM

Rotary Disciple

im not admiting its a drift, im simply giving a reason as to why it looks like a drift
Chamber
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 01:04 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 145

It does look like a rwd drift.

however, I dont think it was practical for him to take those soft corners like that. and being in a FWD car means he probably came out of the corner alot slower than he came in
J4P RX
  Posted: Dec 16 2002, 01:05 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Yes he exist speed probably was compromised, but then drifting anything isnt the fastest way around a bend or track so its irrelevant.

Lee
Jayson
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 03:08 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

*punches J4P in the mouth*

it was a nice slide
Chamber
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 05:37 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 145

J4P, drifting is occasionally the fastest way around corners.

BUY A RWD CAR AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND.

you can accelerate while drifting, you cant while ass dragging, and you cant while grip steering once you hit max traction.
]{aya
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 05:42 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

this wasnt drifting ...like karasac said : nice ass drag, you know why it looked so real ...b cause it was i DIRT (slipery surface know what i mean ?) look guys we are tired of explaining... get it we are telling you that FF CAN'T drift, thats like saying : you will die one day, its obvious you will die ...then its obvious an ff CAN'T drift

P.S. : look closer in the second turn he doesnt accelerate, so ...like Chamber said

Alex
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 06:51 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

Thats the first Alfa-Romeo ive seen drift/ass drag..im watching it over and over again watching different parts of the shot each time to figure it out exactly
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 08:02 PM

IDforum OG member

Member No.: 141

though i'm an fr fan... i believe ff's can drift
i simply define drift as an urge to change direction by the use of force; in this case changing the direction in which the car is pointing at to gain a better angle during or when exiting a corner... ff's are able to do that, maybe with the e-brake or with whatever method, but due to the fact that they can do it proves well enough that they do drift... you might say that ff's can't do consecutive drifts... well that's not the only type of drift there is... a car has it's limits... ff's are not made for those type of drifts but maybe for other...
you might refer to it as "ass-dragging"... so be it, but then what you may define as "ass-dragging" could just possibly be a different type of drift...
however, I dont think it was practical for him to take those soft corners like that.

it may be slower than fr drifts or whatever other type of drifts, but the fact still remains that it does drift... the argument is to prove whether or not a ff can drift... not it's effectiveness... it's still a drift none the less... though not in a very sensible way...
but the reason he was able to do that is cuz the road was wet and muddy making it easy to break rear traction

quoting karasac... even though it may be easier to drift on a wet/muddy surface... that may be the extent of an ff drift... but it's still a drift...

understand a drift? fr drift and awd drifts are different and the way to initiate each are somewhat different... do we compare them? no... because they have different layouts... so why compare ff and fr's... the point is, there is no comparison to be made... but a point to be proven... can ff's drift... or can't they... everyone is entitled to their own opinion... just don't attack those that don't share the same ones as yours...
]{aya
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 08:37 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

....you cant ...drifting is a specific technique ...very complex ...ass draggin is not .... mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

karasac
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 08:40 PM

Rotary Disciple

ok dude, just cuz u get sideways in a corner doesnt mean ur drifting

FF's not being able to drift or being able to drift is not an opinion, FF's cant drift that is a fact, read the thread thats pinned, the one neo vash started, a lot of people turned his "theory" on FF drifting to swiss cheese.

|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 08:41 PM

IDforum OG member

just because majority says otherwise... doesn't make it a fact... at least i don't think so...

oh and i did read his "theory" but his approach was stupid attacking people... anyhow... how do you expect to receive positive opinions when you start off negative being close minded yourself... i don't support neo-vash... i support the probable fact that ff's can drift...

]{aya
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 08:58 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

get it : IT IS A FACT, laws of physics wont allow a FF to drift, get it ...why do you guys have to be so stubborn ! damn stop cryin "i still have faith in FF" for god sake, the proofs are there, : The Displacment called FF (front engine displacement, Front wheel drive) can't execute the technique called driting ....
SupahNewbie
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 09:13 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 100

Does it matter? This is almost like sterotyping lets just say it's cool and watch laugh.gif if it takes skill you get respect. Doesn't mean if your car can't drift you get no respect.
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 09:13 PM

IDforum OG member

hey doofus... do you see me cryin'? am i forcing you to reply? don't you have a will of your own? is this your forum?
and don't refer to me as a group... we may all believe that ff's could drift, but we don't believe it for the same reason...
give me the exact definition of drift... from the person that "invented" drifting [if there is one]... from the person that studied drifting... if you could cite that your information came from a source of great understanding... and your law of physics came from a physics book itself... then i will submit that ff's can't drift... don't force me to change my ideals... it's like forcing a muslim to be catholic... and besides, there's more ppl who believe that ff's drift... there always will... so how about you stop your whining cause people have different beliefs and there would always be people believing that ff's drift -- now that's a fact and it takes basic common sense to get that... but in any case, it's not a big deal... not like i care much really... tongue.gif

karasac
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 09:24 PM

Rotary Disciple

QUOTE (tainted @ Dec 16 2002, 09:13 PM)
give me the exact definition of drift... from the person that "invented" drifting [if there is one]... from the person that studied drifting... if you could cite that your information came from a source of great understanding... and your law of physics came from a physics book itself... then i will submit that ff's can't drift... don't force me to change my ideals... it's like forcing a muslim to be catholic... and besides, there's more ppl who believe that ff's drift... there always will... so how about you stop your whining cause people have different beliefs and there would always be people believing that ff's drift -- now that's a fact and it takes basic common sense to get that... but in any case, it's not a big deal... not like i care much really... tongue.gif

check out this :http://velocity.isfaster.com/drift/overvie...ew/overview.htm

and read y FF's cant drift, these guys r based in japan so they know what they're talking about

only in america is there more people that belive FFs can drift, go talk to the drifters in japan

the idea of FFs drifting didnt come up till it hit american shores, cuz the honda boys couldnt come to grips with the fact that their FFs cant do what FRs can.

and i think u do care cuz u keep replying
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 10:01 PM

IDforum OG member

link won't load right now... laugh.gif it's a sign lol... i'll try tomorrow... but i know this site... i've seen this when i was such a drifting freakazoid...
the idea of FFs drifting didnt come up till it hit american shores, cuz the honda boys couldnt come to grips with the fact that their FFs cant do what FRs can.

assumption? or fact? wink2.gif

and i think u do care cuz u keep replying

friggin' comment of ]{aya annoyed me a bit with the crying business... hehe *can't believe it*
but it is interesting to know what the term drifting really means and who started it... cause just like you, i'd rather stick to the facts...
Jayson
Posted: Dec 16 2002, 10:27 PM

Drift= A controlled slide with using the gas pedal to adust your angle and minor counter steer to keep the car sliding, but in a controlled manner.

It is possible to drift down a straight away and maintain a constant speed. This is, however, not possible with a FF.

Sorry, you lose
J4P RX
  Posted: Dec 17 2002, 12:19 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Err, I have one actually. FD3S, which is posted around a few of the other threads

Lee
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Dec 17 2002, 08:22 AM

IDforum OG member

Sorry, you lose

i'm not competing... i'm learning...

so guys... what differs a powerslide exactly from a drift? wink2.gif i'd like to know your explanation...

Jayson
Posted: Dec 17 2002, 10:53 AM

some one else can take this one, I had too long of a night.......
karasac
Posted: Dec 17 2002, 01:17 PM

Rotary Disciple

go watch initial d, the episode where iketani gets his car back, he explains it.
Jayson
Posted: Dec 17 2002, 02:01 PM

Well, I could have said that dry.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3