Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 12 unique listeners, playing Nathalie - Heartbeat (DJ Shu Remix)

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

Ľ FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

17 Pages  « 15 16 17  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 79,855  ·  Replies: 413 
> Teknoparrot now supports ID6, ID7, and ID8
SonicSP
Posted: Jun 29 2018, 08:26 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Not exactly sure what you are saying, is the control going left and right all the time?

If you are using Xbox controller, no need Vjoy and UCR. Just go TP Emulation Settings, choose Xinput. Then make sure Sto0z setting is ticked and set to around 26%.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jun 29 2018, 08:27 PM
krs73
Posted: Jul 4 2018, 07:30 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,138

Did anyone try ID4 yet, is it worth to download? best regards krs
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 4 2018, 11:37 AM

Nagao Fanboy

D4 in general is not considered to be a very good game by most people in the IDAS community.

But aside from that, thereís no way to cap the FPS to 60 yet which greatly affects the gameplay and physics negatively. Teknoparrot also requires Windows 10 for Lindbergh emulation so that also excludes some people who use older Windows OSes.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 4 2018, 11:39 AM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Jul 5 2018, 01:58 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 31,903

Bit weird that they emulated D4 first before D5, considering how many people hate it. Is D5 really that difficult to emulate on PC?
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 5 2018, 03:23 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (LeGeNd-1 @ 1 hour, 24 minutes ago)
Bit weird that they emulated D4 first before D5, considering how many people hate it. Is D5 really that difficult to emulate on PC?

Itís probabaly done for order, afterall D6 was done before D7 and D8 for the Ringedge Windows system games. D4 would be the first Lindbergh IDAS game.

Also D4 actually exists in English, which is a big plus too.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 5 2018, 03:24 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 9 2018, 10:10 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

D4 is horrendous and if you want to play it that badly just get the PS3 game instead since they use the same physics engine.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
krs73
Posted: Jul 10 2018, 10:00 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 24,138

thanks for your reply, i already own the Initial D Extreme Stage, was just wondering, but since it would need to install dualboot win10 it is not worth it. ID5 would be interesting, i heard that the physics are quite different from the other versions...just played Ver. 3 on Demul again and nothing beats the frantic wheel work and flow of that version....
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Jul 13 2018, 03:38 AM

IDW Member

Itís probabaly done for order, afterall D6 was done before D7 and D8 for the Ringedge Windows system games. D4 would be the first Lindbergh IDAS game.

Also D4 actually exists in English, which is a big plus too.

Ah that makes sense. Can't wait for D5 support - hopefully in 2-3 months time judging by previous release windows? Unfortunately I think that will be it for IDAS. I don't see Zero being emulated anytime soon.

I wonder if Sega's new racer (unimaginatively called Sega WDC) can be emulated? It's based on Super GT (Japan's highest level of touring cars). Coming from Gran Turismo these cars are like the bread and butter of my childhood. Pretty awesome to see arcade racing using them!

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyb-znBEO9g )
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 13 2018, 08:41 AM

Nagao Fanboy

The problem with IDAS Lindbergh loading at the moment is that thereís no way to limit the FPS. It can only run at 90 or something I recall which greatly interferes with the physics.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 13 2018, 08:41 AM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Jul 13 2018, 10:31 PM

IDW Member

Not even with an external program like MSI Afterburner? Seems a bit odd if Teknoparrot can override global system settings.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 13 2018, 10:53 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Itís an issue with the emulation to my knowledge. I guess they are complications involved. The Lindbergh platform (which are what D4 and D5 are on) runs on a Linux based-OS - while our computers are running Windows.

The difference between this and D6/7/8 is that those are on on the Sega Ringedge platforms, which are Windows-based (IE they really are just semi custom underpowered Windows PCs).

So loading a Windows PC game (D6/7/8) on a Windows PC computer is way more simpler than emulating a Linux game (D4/5) on Windows.

Itís also why they chose to support MT5 as well since it is Windows-based whereas MT4 is Linux based.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 13 2018, 10:57 PM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Jul 14 2018, 02:55 PM

IDW Member

Ah gotcha. That is really interesting to know. I guess it's the same issue with Playstation difficulties in emulating previous generations, because they all run different architectures, whereas all XBOXes run Windows so it's a lot easier to make new consoles backwards compatible. Sucks really but beggars can't be choosers lol. Here's hoping they crack the code soon.

Do you know what Zero runs on?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 14 2018, 08:54 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Operating System != architecture. Just putting that out there. It's still x86.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 14 2018, 10:06 PM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (LeGeNd-1 @ 6 hours, 34 minutes ago)
Do you know what Zero runs on?

Yes, D0 runs on Segaís Nu2 platform which is basically an underpowered Windows PC.

https://segaretro.org/Nu

One of the reasons why D6/7/8 is so easy to load on our PCs is because 90% of the equipment and software is already compatible. Just need to emulate a few extra things and stuff like the card reader and maybe some compatibility stuff like shaders for AMD cards. Still requires quite some work but massively easier than getting it to work on a different OS platform or instruction set architecture.

Sega also uses them in likelihood because they are cheap and off the shelf.

QUOTE (LeGeNd-1 @ 6 hours, 34 minutes ago)
Ah gotcha. That is really interesting to know. I guess it's the same issue with Playstation difficulties in emulating previous generations, because they all run different architectures, whereas all XBOXes run Windows so it's a lot easier to make new consoles backwards compatible. Sucks really but beggars can't be choosers lol. Here's hoping they crack the code soon.

Not technically correct but youíre spiritually right in the sense that there are incompatibilities involved that makes it harder or impossible.

PS4 and Xbox One have the same problem in backwards compatibility in the sense that both their chips are x86-based (the Intel-owned chip architecture used in traditional PCs for decades), whereas their predecessors run Cell (PS3) and PowerPC (360) respectfully.

Even during the PS3ís generation, Cell had a bad reputation of being very hard to program for. As a result, a lot of cross platform games didnít take full advantage of the PS3ís specs because itís hard to do so. Cell was also one of the reasons why the PS3ís launch price was so high - it costed a lot of money to develop. It makes the PS3 very powerful compared to its specs, but squeezing out that power was difficult.

The reason why Xbox One could do 360 backwards compatibility was because the PowerPC isnít as challenging of an architecture though still quite difficult to emulate/convert to x86. In addition, Microsoft tends to have better software developers than Sony as a result of primarily being a software company. Still, when the 360 backwards compatibility was announced some years back it was considered to be quite a technical achievement I recall. It certainly wasnít expected.

As for the Original Xbox, it also x86-based just like the Xbox One, so I assume they can make backwards compatibility for those games more easily because of it.

The reason why the Switch cannot run Wii U games is the same. The Switchís processor is ARM-based, the same chip type that runs on our smartphones. By contrast the Wii Uís processor is PowerPC-based.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 15 2018, 05:55 AM

17 Pages  « 15 16 17