Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) P.Stone - Funky Town

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,128  ·  Replies: 5 
> Worth it?
severity
  Posted: Feb 23 2011, 07:36 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,048

I played arcade stage 2 alot i mean like 200-500$ per month for almost an entire year, I recently found out that this game isn't region locked like special stage 2 was, had i known that earlier i would have bought this the day it came out but from what i am reading the community is nearly dead and hardly anyone plays would it be worth it for me to go and buy a ps3 + a 200$ wheel for this game? What can i expect to be different from arcade stage 2? are there broken cars like the DC2 was in arcade stage 2. I hear the physics have changed and that you actually have to use brakes, being a dc2 player in stage 2, the word brake never applied to me, over all what is the quality of the game like, And how many people still actually play the game? is it hard to find races, When you play people in Asia etc, how badly would you lag, what ever your input is please respond i would like to know alot about this game.
k0oanz
Posted: Feb 23 2011, 08:00 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 36,392

QUOTE (severity @ 23 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
I played arcade stage 2 alot i mean like 200-500$ per month for almost an entire year, I recently found out that this game isn't region locked like special stage 2 was, had i known that earlier i would have bought this the day it came out but from what i am reading the community is nearly dead and hardly anyone plays would it be worth it for me to go and buy a ps3 + a 200$ wheel for this game? What can i expect to be different from arcade stage 2? are there broken cars like the DC2 was in arcade stage 2. I hear the physics have changed and that you actually have to use brakes, being a dc2 player in stage 2, the word brake never applied to me, over all what is the quality of the game like, And how many people still actually play the game? is it hard to find races, When you play people in Asia etc, how badly would you lag, what ever your input is please respond i would like to know alot about this game.

There are a few people that still play this game on the forums. One of the main reasons why I bought a PS3 in November was because of this game. I have played Initial D: Special Stage and Street Stage. Before I bought the game I played the Initial D: Arcade Stage 4 once or twice, and it was really a big change for me because I didn't know you had to actually use the brakes in this version. There are a lot of Japanese people that play this game still, but you just have to play when they play. Initial D: Extreme Stage doesn't have that many features like Special Stage did. It only has LOTS, Time Attack, and online. But in this game you get to use your points you earn from races to buy your parts. It doesn't show the parts to you, and then you had to select one of them like it did in Special Stage. In IDES you can go to your garage and tune up your car whenever you like. You have a maximum of 3 cars per profile. I am assuming you haven't played IDAS4 yet, and I don't know if the 3 car limit is the same for IDAS2 because I haven't played it before. Yes, the physics have changed a lot, but you'll get used to it after a while. Look at videos on Youtube and see how the graphics and physics work. That's what I did before I bought the game. Mostly all of the cars are balanced, there is no car that overpowers others, like the RX8 in IDAS3 I think. Just make sure that your car is FT because having a FT car makes a difference in this game, but I have heard that it doesn't in the arcade version. Winning the race depends on your skill too. Blocking is a major part of online, it can make it or break it for you. It isn't really hard to find races online, although I think I keep getting rejected because I am American or something happy.gif There isn't really that much lag, unless you have a bad connection. Although I have experienced a weird glitch, where they drove right through me. But that was once, and it never happened again since then. I have the Driving Force GT, and it costs $130 at Gamestop. You don't need to buy the G25 or the G27 if you are buying the wheel only for this game. If this game hadn't come out for the PS3, I wouldn't have bought a PS3. Some people say that it doesn't live up to the previous versions of the game, but I still find it fun.

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Feb 23 2011, 08:04 PM
severity
  Posted: Feb 24 2011, 10:40 AM

Shmuck

I think i am going to get the ps3 over the 360, even though i think the 360 is a higher quality system, i don't want it for competitive play and i have my pc for that, what i want a console for is racing games, and sf4 etc, the only issue i have with the ps3 is that the GT wheel isnt in stock at bestbuy gamestop or anything like that where i live i have found 3 wheels exactly 3 in my city and they're 160-190$ each for the gt wheel :/ game stop's us website has them for 130$ but they aren't in stock sadly :/
k0oanz
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 11:22 AM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (severity @ 41 minutes, 44 seconds ago)
I think i am going to get the ps3 over the 360, even though i think the 360 is a higher quality system, i don't want it for competitive play and i have my pc for that, what i want a console for is racing games, and sf4 etc, the only issue i have with the ps3 is that the GT wheel isnt in stock at bestbuy gamestop or anything like that where i live i have found 3 wheels exactly 3 in my city and they're 160-190$ each for the gt wheel :/ game stop's us website has them for 130$ but they aren't in stock sadly :/

Well I have all three systems laugh.gif The PS3 was the last of the three consoles that I bought. Ever since I bought the PS3 I rarely use the Xbox 360 anymore. For the Wii, I haven't touched it for a very long time. With the PS3 I didn't have to pay to play online anymore or hook it up to my laptop. Ohh, well maybe the prices are different over there. I bought mine during Winter Break, so they restocked the Driving Force GT wheels.

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Feb 24 2011, 11:25 AM
severity
  Posted: Feb 24 2011, 01:34 PM

Shmuck

Well if anyone knows where you can buy a logitech pro gt online please do share, i've tried almost every where and can't find one cheap
k0oanz
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 01:53 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (severity @ 18 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
Well if anyone knows where you can buy a logitech pro gt online please do share, i've tried almost every where and can't find one cheap

You could ask Gamestop when they are going restock the Driving Force GT or ship it from over here or something. But that costs more... Amazon has it for $150 with free shipping. I had to play the game with the PS3 controller for a few days. Just FT as many cars as you can before you get the wheel, that's what I did.

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Feb 24 2011, 01:55 PM