Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Kyouichi's Theme

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,510  ·  Replies: 0 
> Fujiwara Tofu Shop is Looking for Translators
Racer4WD
  Posted: Jul 1 2018, 04:09 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,436

Fujiwara Tofu Shop released today on his Youtube Channel a video about the planning to expand his content and the creation of his Patreon with the main objective to make the translation of Initial D related content

Link to the video:https://youtu.be/cOd1akJHXIc

If you are too lazy to watch the vid,here's the transcript:

SCRIPT OF THIS VIDEO
Hi, so far you have only seen videos of Initial D games on this channel. However, I would like that to change. It is my wish that all Initial D media would be available in English. The manga, the anime and the live action film all have either official or unofficial translations. The majority of the video games do not have English versions but I have been making good progress making subtitled videos. As for other media formats, however, things don’t look so good yet.

Character songs

A character song is a song sung by a voice actor of an anime. There are a lot of Initial D character songs. The first album of these is Initial D Vocal Battle, which came out in 1999. Then there are Vocal Battle Second Stage (2000), Vocal Battle Special feat. Takahashi Bros. Red Suns (2001) and Extra Stage Original Soundtrack (2001). There is a good chance that I do not know about all of these songs because a definitive list of these does not exist.

Drama CDs

There are four Initial D drama CDs according to my knowledge that all came out in 1999. They are Black Lightning – A New Undefeated Legend, Drift King Youth Graffiti, Lonely Driver Legend and Mako & Sayuki – Beyond Impact Blue....

Radio Show

Initial D Radio Stage was broadcasted from November 2012 to May 2013. It was hosted by Miki Shinichiro (the voice actor of Takumi) and Chiho Oda (a Japanese model and radio DJ). It had 14 episodes in total.

Here is the tricky part. That is a lot to translate and I won’t be able to do it all on my own, mostly because of my poor spoken Japanese skills. I cannot predict how difficult it would be to translate the songs due to varying speed, repeating lines, somewhat poetic language etc. The drama CDs are around an hour long on average (3:50 in total length) and the radio show episodes are all about 40 minutes long (about 9 hours in total).

My videos do not generate any revenue and a lot of them are being monetized by Avex Inc. (the owner of Initial D intellectual property and the majority of Eurobeat). And that is the reason why I am going to start a Patreon page (https://www.patreon.com/FujiwaraTofuShopChannel). The page might not be fancy but it is one of the more simple ways to fund these translations. Professional translations are expensive but someone doing this as a hobby would be adequate to me (everyone who is interested in joining send an email to fujiwaratofushop@inbox.lv). If I do not raise enough money to pay for these translations then I am going to find alternative ways to invest it into my channel.

I will also have to look into how I could distribute these translations. I most likely won’t be able to upload full radio shows or dramas on YouTube due to copyright reasons (Japan has one of the harshest copyright laws in the world).

As for videos of Initial D games on my channel, they will come. Videos of Initial D: Special Stage Story Mode will start in a month if everything goes according to plan. The reason for such a long brake is that I will be spending most of the month of July visiting
distant relatives on another continent (due to that I might also take longer to respond to comments and letters) and I have been having technical issues as well.

That is all for this video. If you have any questions about anything then leave a comment or email me at fujiwaratofushop@inbox.lv. Be sure to check out the Patreon page and pledge if you can.

If you are translator,or translate as a hobby,could you please help him in his project?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]