Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Sinking Opening Theme

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  « 18 19 20 21  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 464,836  ·  Replies: 510 
> Initial D Final Stage Episode 1 & 2, Discussion and how to download it
Seri
Posted: Jun 12 2014, 12:32 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

You try getting stuck in-between an arranged marriage caused by an implied-abusive father and the person you really love.

I woudn't consider her spoiled, she just gave out under pressure. Remember, she was the poor, feminine person in the trio. Rin's father had a wealthy business, Ryosuke's father owned a hospital. To be honest, it's a pretty realistic situation.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
W.A.R
Posted: Jun 12 2014, 01:35 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11,318

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 1 hour, 3 minutes ago)
You try getting stuck in-between an arranged marriage caused by an implied-abusive father and the person you really love.

I woudn't consider her spoiled, she just gave out under pressure. Remember, she was the poor, feminine person in the trio. Rin's father had a wealthy business, Ryosuke's father owned a hospital. To be honest, it's a pretty realistic situation.

I wouldnt say you would want me to be in that situation because I cant imagine that ever for me since Im very "Pro life" person.I know Japanese tend to commit suicide and it shows a reality in a sense and lifestyle of how some Japanese families still believe in traditional view's. And times do changes yet I know suicide is not the answer but blah blah we dont need to argue about everyone views I know. I know that's what suicide does hurts people around you...But I dont like how I got the sense this was all done because of a girl who really didnt make me feel any sense of remorse for her at all she really just hurt others around her

Ryosuke now I think about it is just a broken person still yeah he felt relieved after that "Race" with shinigami but in the end he's still doing it for her in a sense he will never let it go. Racing to him is her and that his passion no wonder he cares about it so much because he cared about her just as much.

This post has been edited by W.A.R on Jun 12 2014, 01:36 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 12 2014, 05:33 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (W.A.R @ 5 hours, 43 minutes ago)
I would say yes and no to that because I would not even call that a race it was more like a vendetta and Shinigami had intentions to kill someone if not him ryosuke. But I never considered that to even be a race IMO.

SPOILER

SPOILER
KonradZuse
Posted: Jun 12 2014, 10:54 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,074

MORE RACING LESS TALKING.

They even did recaps from Final Stage Ep 1, in ep 2, wtf is that shit?

Glad they are out...

When will 3 and 4 be released?

Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 02:14 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (KonradZuse @ 3 hours, 19 minutes ago)
When will 3 and 4 be released?

When Star Citizen hits 47 million.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Team Evolution
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 03:45 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 15,656

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 31 minutes ago)
When Star Citizen hits 47 million.

So we wait foreverrrrrr argghhh

I hope Episode 3 and 4 will be better then 1 and 2 smile.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 07:33 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

The debate about the Shinigami race only further proves that it was wayyyyyyyy too dramatic for Initial D. You guys should be bitching about who would win in fantasy races between Nakazato and Kenta, not this shit. Shigeno tried to create some dramatic tension, it was a pithy excuse to put Ryosuke in a race, and a lot of readers found it to be too outlandish for this kind of series (where auras and magical wings are considered normal).

How did we get from "We're going to conquer every prefecture" to "her ghost is in the passenger seat"? Initial D changed at a certain point, and we all lost the race because of it. Initial D is not a drama program, where there are one thousand teardrops at every corner in the race of life. The Shinigami race is actually a decent race if you edit out all of the surreal bullshit Shigeno wrote into it. So, you know, Battle Stage 3 might give it some justice, but until then all the tasty joy that could come out of that race turns to ash in my mouth.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 1166. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

TURN THE ANGST UP TO ELEVEN! We're gonna make Twilight money with this motherfuckin story arc!!!
mike962
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 09:10 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 29,885

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 36 minutes ago)
The debate about the Shinigami race only further proves that it was wayyyyyyyy too dramatic for Initial D. You guys should be bitching about who would win in fantasy races between Nakazato and Kenta, not this shit. Shigeno tried to create some dramatic tension, it was a pithy excuse to put Ryosuke in a race, and a lot of readers found it to be too outlandish for this kind of series (where auras and magical wings are considered normal).

How did we get from "We're going to conquer every prefecture" to "her ghost is in the passenger seat"? Initial D changed at a certain point, and we all lost the race because of it. Initial D is not a drama program, where there are one thousand teardrops at every corner in the race of life. The Shinigami race is actually a decent race if you edit out all of the surreal bullshit Shigeno wrote into it. So, you know, Battle Stage 3 might give it some justice, but until then all the tasty joy that could come out of that race turns to ash in my mouth.
![/b]

on the other hand without those things folks will be bitch that it's too repetitive and boring... facepalm.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 09:11 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 37 minutes ago)

http://i29.mangareader.net/initial-d/602/i...l-d-3393481.jpg

TURN THE ANGST UP TO ELEVEN! We're gonna make Twilight money with this motherfuckin story arc!!!

I like surrealist stuff, so it didn't bother me too much, but I can see how it was pretty out-of-place in the series. I hadn't ever considered that before, actually.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 09:59 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (mike962 @ 49 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
on the other hand without those things folks will be bitch that it's too repetitive and boring... facepalm.gif

If the racing in a racing series is repetitive and boring, then how did it survive past First Stage? Putting new ideas into the races themselves was what kept it interesting. As I said, the Shinigami race minus the dramatic shit was pretty good, because of all the shit that was happening on the road (Ryosuke braking to stop Shinigami from suicide, in particular, was fucking awesome). If Shigeno just erased that particular part, it would still be a good race.

Replace all of the hoopla between them with a meeting like the one between Nakazato and Ryosuke right after the official Takumi vs. Keisuke race. Establish a rivalry but don't be too specific. Remember when Kyoichi came out of nowhere and suddenly he was Ryosuke's rival with very little backstory aside from "Ryosuke beat him", and nobody cared that it was that shallow? Shigeno could have written something like "Ryosuke and Rin Hojo fought over a girl in the past" and we would have more than enough information right there to establish the two as bitter rivals, setting up their big Michael Bay inspired race... and the race would come out the same: pretty damned awesome.

The point I'm trying to make here is that Shigeno dug too deep on this particular plot element. Yeah, there's drama and backstory to the characters in Initial D, but we don't need to know all of it. The mystery of some characters' backstory keeps readers interested. For instance: Bunta is interesting because we know very little about him. Keeping some details in the dark can be a good idea. By keeping things mysterious and vague, you allow the reader to draw their own conclusions, and I'm sure we could have come up with a better history between Ryosuke and Rin Hojo than the sappy forbidden love shit that was presented to us.
mike962
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 11:54 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 54 minutes ago)
big Michael Bay inspired race...

but that would mean lots of explosions, machine guns, shaky cap, MTV fast editing

in essence a deathrace laugh2.gif facepalm.gif
Seri
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 11:59 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Which is perfect for them.

Oh, and put Back on the Rocks in. Like it should be.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 13 2014, 09:26 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 1:59 PM)
If the racing in a racing series is repetitive and boring, then how did it survive past First Stage? Putting new ideas into the races themselves was what kept it interesting. As I said, the Shinigami race minus the dramatic shit was pretty good, because of all the shit that was happening on the road (Ryosuke braking to stop Shinigami from suicide, in particular, was fucking awesome). If Shigeno just erased that particular part, it would still be a good race.

Replace all of the hoopla between them with a meeting like the one between Nakazato and Ryosuke right after the official Takumi vs. Keisuke race. Establish a rivalry but don't be too specific. Remember when Kyoichi came out of nowhere and suddenly he was Ryosuke's rival with very little backstory aside from "Ryosuke beat him", and nobody cared that it was that shallow? Shigeno could have written something like "Ryosuke and Rin Hojo fought over a girl in the past" and we would have more than enough information right there to establish the two as bitter rivals, setting up their big Michael Bay inspired race... and the race would come out the same: pretty damned awesome.

The point I'm trying to make here is that Shigeno dug too deep on this particular plot element. Yeah, there's drama and backstory to the characters in Initial D, but we don't need to know all of it. The mystery of some characters' backstory keeps readers interested. For instance: Bunta is interesting because we know very little about him. Keeping some details in the dark can be a good idea. By keeping things mysterious and vague, you allow the reader to draw their own conclusions, and I'm sure we could have come up with a better history between Ryosuke and Rin Hojo than the sappy forbidden love shit that was presented to us.

QFT.

I wish more often authors kept this in mind when they write stories/books/screenplays. Sometimes less is (truly) more.
rifano
Posted: Jun 15 2014, 09:19 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,777

when is the third and fourth act coming out?
Tessou
Posted: Jun 15 2014, 09:28 AM

Group Icon

Can we please make a rule about asking for new episode release dates? This is getting old.
Lebon14
Posted: Jun 15 2014, 09:36 AM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (Tessou @ 7 minutes, 16 seconds ago)
Can we please make a rule about asking for new episode release dates? This is getting old.

I wish I knew if there is any... I'd slap a red sticker (or not, depending) on this one. I'll check it off but if another Mod sees that warning worthy, I'll let them decide.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 15 2014, 09:46 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 10 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
I wish I knew if there is any... I'd slap a red sticker (or not, depending) on this one. I'll check it off but if another Mod sees that warning worthy, I'll let them decide.

There is no rule about asking for release dates of future episodes. Unfortunately, enacting one by the next set of episodes would be pointless for obvious reasons.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 15 2014, 09:59 AM

Group Icon

True, but it's still annoying as all get out.

Should have been shuffled in a long time ago with "no asking for sub release dates".
hks555
Posted: Jun 15 2014, 01:49 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,409

when is the third and fourth act coming out?

In Japan they said it will be delayed because too many people were asking them when episode 3 & 4 are coming out.

They said hopefully it will be out in 3 months, right before the movie trilogy.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 15 2014, 02:20 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ 4 hours, 20 minutes ago)
True, but it's still annoying as all get out.

Should have been shuffled in a long time ago with "no asking for sub release dates".

Yeah, well, hindsight is 20/20.
Heibi
Posted: Jun 19 2014, 09:47 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 40,111

I put our DVD version of 1 and 2 up on nyaatorrents.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=566277

pimenta59
Posted: Jun 19 2014, 09:54 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 40,072

QUOTE (Heibi @ 6 minutes, 54 seconds ago)

Thank you! Downloading right now...
hackgrid
Posted: Jun 19 2014, 10:43 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,046

QUOTE (Heibi @ 56 minutes, 8 seconds ago)

Great, thank you very much :-)

I hope we will get raws next week, so that we don't have to wait until dvd vol 2 gets released awesome.gif
Mad David
Posted: Jun 19 2014, 10:48 PM

Mad&Meteor Fansubs

Member No.: 43,690

QUOTE (Heibi @ 1 hour, 0 minutes ago)

Thanks! happy.gif
mike962
Posted: Jun 20 2014, 07:09 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Heibi @ 9 hours, 21 minutes ago)

Awesome

21 Pages  « 18 19 20 21