Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Move - See You My Best Love

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  « 5 6 7 8  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 30,503  ·  Replies: 199 
> Version 6 Chat Room (USA), US players discussion on the game
Agent556
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 05:21 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,133

QUOTE (SUPERDOOM @ 3 hours, 13 minutes ago)
We don't have one, just me, varcion and Oz.

I thought you guys were being brought into tilt? Also as for the hogs, looks like I'm gonna have some fun in near future
SUPERDOOM
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 05:24 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 38,146

No one in tilt plays ID6 cept gohan, ill join em for MT4 but not until it comes out.
-VIRUS-
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 06:29 PM

Team Kenagi 4 life/ Team Amaya

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,643

do u guys have mt4 over there??????
SUPERDOOM
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 06:37 PM

IDW Member

na not yet.
mcaahny
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 12:36 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,874

dude that sucks, yeah we dont let people on ours =) jk we do but nobody really plays haha only for storie mode a couple of noobs like to do that, they are cool. im glad we dont play at a golfland cuz they got some hogs over there coz its more of a public arcade as us, in davis , have like a more small private one. haha but man, that vid helps a lot. =) akagi.
SUPERDOOM
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 03:42 PM

IDW Member

Yeah there always seems to be the occasional A-Hole noob that ignores the general rules of the arcade. That's when we hope they put on accept challengers so we can boot em off wink2.gif

Glad you liked the video, Imma prolly upload a happo and nagao vid next. Ive been wanting to improve my time on both of those courses.
-VIRUS-
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 05:21 PM

if can i like to see an irohazaka dh video if u can. w00t2.gif
SUPERDOOM
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 07:39 PM

IDW Member

user posted image

There ya go! pinch2.gif
-VIRUS-
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 08:53 AM

lol not that far behind but i kno u can do better. that stupid s turn after cp3 dont kno how to do that left turn.
Altron195
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 09:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 36,013

We'll, I'm trying to get back into it! Love how this game feels.

This post has been edited by Altron195 on Feb 4 2012, 10:00 PM
SUPERDOOM
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 12:48 PM

IDW Member

Finally past the wall ive been hitting on Happo OB, dropped from 2'36"6XX to 2'34"6 last night. Ill record a run once I hit very low 30s. Ideally Id like to hit 30.
Orisue
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 01:47 PM

The Lurker Kitty

Member No.: 37,618

Is anyone down to meet up at Round One anytime soon? I feel like Playing a little bit of IDAS6.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
SUPERDOOM
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 02:02 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Orisue @ Feb 5 2012, 01:47 PM)
Is anyone down to meet up at Round One anytime soon? I feel like Playing a little bit of IDAS6.

Well me, Varcion and Oz usually go every Friday and Saturday around 9pm to like 1am. So well be there if you decide to go this weekend. Though I may go earlier tomorrow cuz its payday and i got class on Saturday morning.

Agent556
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 11:24 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Member No.: 2,133

Just a heads up that round 1 A side left machine has screwy pedal when at half gas. B side left machine steering will not center too well
Orisue
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 01:19 AM

The Lurker Kitty

Member No.: 37,618

I'm wondering if Round One is still issuing cards since some kind guy decided to steal my IDAS5 and IDAS 6 cards :/
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Varcion
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 08:24 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 13,579

QUOTE (Orisue @ 7 hours, 5 minutes ago)
I'm wondering if Round One is still issuing cards since some kind guy decided to steal my IDAS5 and IDAS 6 cards :/

Damn, that sucks, we'll try to keep an eye out for ur card at Round 1, I don't think theres really anywhere else to use a JP 6AA card besides Davis.

Besides the first machine, the other 3 are still issuing cards at R1.
Wanderer
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 10:34 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Got bored of MT, so IDA6 is now my main game. So what's good fellas?
SUPERDOOM
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 10:03 AM

IDW Member

Always nice to see another ID6AA player, things are good down here in Socal. Hows it going up in Norcal?

I creep the MT forums so I've seen your name before on there >_<
Wanderer
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 11:05 AM

The Watcher

Since the MT scene is pretty novice'y right now, IDA6 is where it's at. The higher ups move onto this game a while back, so I'm pretty damn nooby. Still don't understand, these guys have insane fast TA times, but they don't show up on the machines. All stock SEGA times. dry.gif
SUPERDOOM
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 11:13 AM

IDW Member

Are you looking at the international times? The international TA Board is red, while the in store is Blue.

As long as the machines are offline the International times will always say sega.

What are some times up there? I need to see where I rank hehe.
Wanderer
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 11:24 AM

The Watcher

So then either they don't TA at SJ Golfland, or times get reset when the machine turns off or something. The only time recorded on there is my Iro, which isn't good at all. sleep.gif
SUPERDOOM
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 11:50 AM

IDW Member

Ahh, well just to make sure you can hit the view change button while looking at the times and it will change between international and in-store times.

TBH if you want to get good, don't focus on Iro. Practice akagi it has a great mix of high speed and low speed turns. Also practice Happo, it is a great low speed course.

Don't be a one trick pony, too many of them down here. Once you Full Spec your car, go pure TA. Go every course in both directions to get an idea of what your weakest course is and work from there, aim for silver ranking in all the courses before you dedicate yourself to get better on just one course.

This will get you better prepared for battles so you won't be like "Shit, hes choosing that course!".

Here's a few side tips:

- Stick with one car for now, get used to the game in one car then once you get better you can apply what you learned to the other cars.

- Don't worry about akina snow, thats a Spec specific course for TA. You should practice that course last because you REALLY need a MILD spec car to get good times on it.

- Card level doesnt matter, ive seen plenty of 50-70 players suck real bad. So don't judge a player by the level of his card.

- Practice, Practice, Practice MT4 wont be coming out for a while so you have plenty of time to focus on ID smile.gif

If you have any other questions let me know!

Wanderer
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 11:57 AM

The Watcher

That is great advice man thanks, lvl isn't important to me really, though those wings do look pretty sweet. The reason I've been focusing on Iro was more to get a hang of the hairpins first because I have a hard time with it. And actually, Akagi is my favorite out of them all, though Nagao isn't that bad either. And would my FC be considered mild-spec?

This post has been edited by ATRUM_Neto on Mar 29 2012, 11:57 AM
SUPERDOOM
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 12:10 PM

IDW Member

Iro's hairpins are very tight and pretty much require an instant full steer and counter-steer, that cant really be applied to other courses. Yeah Akagi is a really fun course DH and UH.

To answer your last question, once you full tune your car. You'll notice in your garage that your car will have a Blue "setting" bar. That blue bar means your car is currently in Balance spec. All cars are in balance spec once they get full tuned. You can switch this setting to 3 other specs. Mild, Peak, and Drift.

As far as I know everyone stays in Balance Spec for all the TAs, except for snow. Which requires your car to be set to Mild Setting, so it wont slide as much.

You can change this setting once every 150km or so, after your car reaches full spec.
Wanderer
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 12:27 PM

The Watcher

I see, well that is good to know. I'm not too far, okay well I'm kinda far from full spec, currently at spec 4 I think. Guess I should focus on the story more than TA for now.

8 Pages  « 5 6 7 8