Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing McFly - Corrupted

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,967  ·  Replies: 15 
> Initial D Version 5 Car Rankings
Turbo 85
  Posted: Jul 2 2010, 11:54 PM

Caucasian Usui God

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,131

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know about a new website I created for listing car rankings for whatever courses you want.

old: http://aspspider.ws/cooljeffro/
new: http://aspspider.org/cooljeffro1/

I hope it proves to be useful for you guys wink2.gif .

Let me know if you guys see any errors.

[UPDATE] Site has been updated. Times that have been updated in the past 7 days are shown in red.

This post has been edited by Turbo 85 on Oct 27 2010, 04:11 PM
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 06:50 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Huh. I notice that the RX8 hangs in there well within mid tier; moreso in Tsukuba as an overall car. That's odd; I wonder why it has more users there than the FC/FD's?
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 08:33 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

So this uses the point system similar to the rankings previously made for V2 and 3. Nice. Even more detailed than the rp-taki source.

In this point system...Capp is the clear winner for the best car for ID5...FD6 is 2nd. ohmy.gif

Nice job smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phoenix_Cypher_K1 on Jul 3 2010, 08:34 AM
DamienWolf
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 12:29 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

This is for EXP 2.0? And RX8 is top car overall?
RotarySpiritR
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 12:51 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,707

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ 21 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
This is for EXP 2.0? And RX8 is top car overall?

You have to click to check one of the boxes on top to choose a course. The RX8 just appears to be first by default for some reason.

Awesome list by the way. Quite handy. Also makes me want to drive the Capp more. laugh.gif
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 02:10 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

@ JJ: you certainly did a great job making the site! biggrin.gif

----------------------

at least we all now have a site we can always go to if we want to know how the cars in ID5 stack up against one another, with a way to select how we want the rankings to show up... like, for example, if i want to view just nagao...
DamienWolf
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 04:39 AM

Not Without Incident

Yeah I got it after I posted. Still is this for just the EXP 2.0 version? (Since it was based on the rankings page). Its been a while since I played but I do remember the capp being a little crappy in terms of accel here in our un-updated version.
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 04:42 AM

Reading is magic!

And since when was ID about power? tongue.gif

Maybe the capp conserves boost better or something?
DamienWolf
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 05:09 AM

Not Without Incident

Handling? It wasnt about power like in real life, but the car's performance in terms of acceleration in the game was bad. It handled ok in Iro not because of how fast it was but because of its size and how it got through the corners.

Version 3 the capp was great in Myogi because of its top speed, the only car in the game that can reach 207kph.

Version 4, the capp was great in Iro because of the wall rape physics and how you can minimize having the butt hit the wall outside when you countersteer.

Version 5 was basically almost the same as version 4 save for the wall rape part. The boost thing sort of equalized it but again I dont see it as effective anywhere outside Iro. For example, it would have died in Tsukuba OB.

Anybody confirm? Again, to give you a heads up, we only have the beta version down here. Not the EXP 2.0. Not that this info will get me back in the game, I still think its useless to play our version.

@Digibunny: about your question before, the RX8 performed very decent back in V4 for Tsukuba OB and IB. In Tsukuba OB, the 5 gear cars have a distinct disadvantage over the 6 gear cars because of some places in the 2nd section where you are overreving in a gear at a certain curves. Its either force of habit or the japs know a few (well a lot) of things we dont.
ultradd
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 05:40 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,193

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ 1 hour, 0 minutes ago)
Still is this for just the EXP 2.0 version? (Since it was based on the rankings page). Its been a while since I played but I do remember the capp being a little crappy in terms of accel here in our un-updated version.

capp is imba using the new style (drift), otherwise it is just an average car when grip turning.
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 07:01 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ 2 hours, 22 minutes ago)
Yeah I got it after I posted. Still is this for just the EXP 2.0 version? (Since it was based on the rankings page). Its been a while since I played but I do remember the capp being a little crappy in terms of accel here in our un-updated version.

The physics in 2.0 is the same as 1.0 (hence the reason TA times are transferrable).

ultradd is right - since drift was introduced Capp has taken over as #1 car. Before this when grip was the playstyle, RX-7 Type RS was #1.

hkpoorguy
Posted: Jul 5 2010, 10:27 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 35,851

Thanks very much for the brother's effort..
The site is made very nice...
But I have uncertainly about the "points" system,
actually how are the points calculated? Thanks for answers.
(I haven't play D1-D4 so dont know abt that..)
Turbo 85
  Posted: Jul 5 2010, 04:59 PM

Caucasian Usui God

The points are the the number of milliseconds the car is off the world record.

For example, if the car has 1263 points on Akina DH, it means the car is 1.263 seconds off from the fastest car. Therefore, having 0 points means the car is the fastest for that course.
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 12:24 AM

Reading is magic!

Waha!
And here I was back in the speculation thread about V5 whether some cars would get an advantage when drifting!

I love being accidentally right.
hkpoorguy
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 08:22 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 35,851

QUOTE (Turbo 85 @ Jul 5 2010, 04:59 PM)
The points are the the number of milliseconds the car is off the world record.

For example, if the car has 1263 points on Akina DH, it means the car is 1.263 seconds off from the fastest car. Therefore, having 0 points means the car is the fastest for that course.

Acknowledged. Thanks for answer.
Turbo 85
  Posted: Oct 27 2010, 04:09 PM

Caucasian Usui God

Sorry for the bump. Just wanted to inform people that the website has changed to:

http://aspspider.org/cooljeffro1/