Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - singin' 4U

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 15,945  ·  Replies: 71 
> Would a girl willingly ask for a ride in an AE86?
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Jul 5 2010, 02:04 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,237

QUOTE (Miles Edgeworth @ 40 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
WHAAAT!?

What, no insane emoticon to go with such a drawn out use of the word "what"?
Gunma's 34
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 03:43 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

QUOTE (Avegaille @ Jun 11 2010, 07:07 PM)
Yep, in Manila... and I really wish to see one, at least the one Takumi owns, not the one that Aki has (I want those popping headlights *bricked*)

But yeah, it's fine if one doesn't actually exist here...

Wolf is hundred percent correct on the 86 here, Avie/Avegaille. There are actually tons here but i won't expect over 20 units if you know what I mean. Ever since the R35 came out, you see more of them than the icon o classics around. But I have seen a couple of 86 Truenos and even saw 1 at Paranaque, a red one. And sad to say though... i saw one, a poorly managed yellow 86 T, at a lot by the slum area up north.

And you might be referring to the 86 Levin of Aki/Wataru.

Btw, Wolf... is that the same 86 of Project Tofu that was showcased in the 2007 Tokyo Auto show? The one that has the Initial D logo on the carbon hood?
Rudy
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 06:28 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
sideways
Posted: Jul 14 2010, 12:13 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE (Tsyta @ Jul 5 2010, 02:19 AM)
all that for the same price as an evo 8.

=).

Hey next time you see an evo 8 for 2.5k, you let me know- Id gladly snatch it up.
Takumi Fujiwara 1
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 09:30 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,889

Probly if the girl likes eight sixes.
Alex
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 10:36 AM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

QUOTE (Takumi Fujiwara 1 @ 1 hour, 5 minutes ago)
Probly if the girl likes eight sixes.

Yes, this man is absolutely, positively 110% right. A girl who likes teh eight six will ask for a ride in teh eight six.

p.s. Welcome aboard! Everybody loves a new member. Take a look around and enjoy the scenery, but try to watch out when posting in the deadest of threads.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 11:26 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Sadly, most girls don't like the AE86 unless they are an Initial D fan, which is rare because Initial D was more geared towards young men.
Skyracer
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 01:34 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 37,858

The girls who want to ride in my cars, they all (but 1) want to ride the Skyline instead of AE86. But I rather drive the AE86. biggrin.gif

//HÃ¥kan
jocvtrhythgd
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 07:46 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 38,566

I guess you would be better off asking on an all-girls forum

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
  - Details: Warning has been issued to this post by The Moderating Team on Apr 25 2012, 04:43 AM.
  - Reasons: Thread necromancy. Suspected bot.
Kylie_FD3S
Posted: May 15 2012, 01:26 PM

What goes around comes around...

Member No.: 7,601

I know it's like I'm reviving old threads but I can't help but post in threads where the topic is interesting to me. Why didn't I see this before? tongue.gif Anyway, YES! I would love to take a ride in an AE86. Not because of Initial D...although that's partly the reason, but because I want to know what it's like to ride in one. I appreciate cars, old or new. I grew up with boys so I've always been intrigued with cars and how they operate.=)
Wanderer
Posted: May 15 2012, 04:29 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

QUOTE (Kylie_FD3S @ 3 hours, 2 minutes ago)
I know it's like I'm reviving old threads but I can't help but post in threads where the topic is interesting to me. Why didn't I see this before? tongue.gif Anyway, YES! I would love to take a ride in an AE86. Not because of Initial D...although that's partly the reason, but because I want to know what it's like to ride in one. I appreciate cars, old or new. I grew up with boys so I've always been intrigued with cars and how they operate.=)

There're fun cars to ride in anywhere, I know since my brother owned one, although it was the coupe version. Too bad he had to sell it, had he not blown the engine, that could've been my first car. sleep.gif
RIT_ninja
Posted: May 15 2012, 05:08 PM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

Most female friends that I get into conversation with about cars talks about luxury cars that are generally out of my reach like brand new Mercedez Sedan or European SUVs
When it comes to Japanese cars, they get the impression of a "cute" car like a Nissan March for example, otherwise a boring family car
Now there are some girls who enjoy a fast ride or two (rarely though), but I say 90% of them are not into JDM (let alone AE86) and tends to gear towards Exotics
Banken
Posted: May 16 2012, 01:04 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

Would *a* girl ask for a ride in an 86? Sure. If she's an ID fan or just likes Japanese cars.

Would *most* girls ask for a ride in an 86 because it's an 86? No. If she just needs a ride, that's a different story.

One time at a drift event I gave a 14 year-old girl a ride in my FC because she liked FCs.

And one time in college I was driving along after a football game ended, and a drunk girl climbed into my FC and asked for a ride home... I wish I had at least gotten her phone number. lol
Kylie_FD3S
Posted: May 16 2012, 07:31 AM

What goes around comes around...

Member No.: 7,601

JDM FTW!! w00t2.gif A lot of my female friends love those luxury cars. When I start talking about older cars, they're like, "ew". dry.gif Oh well. I was already into cars way before ID, but since ID, I learned a lot more about cars. happy.gif hehe...
Shirogane
Posted: May 16 2012, 06:19 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

Ah, this thread. I wonder why I never came across it.

It depends on what the girl's like, to be honest. /cringe

But if it was any car, well... Let's just make a small tale of what happened back in 2011. When the first Fiat 500s came out to Tacoma, the studio there had some sort of a sponsored contest to see who wants to "lease" one for almost an entire day (if night came, the time would be put on pause until 8AM the next day.) So I managed to somehow nail the Top 3 grand prize, though as such, I somehow got the cabriolets.

Taking it around DT Tacoma and eventually Seattle, a college girl at about my age and height stopped by to admire the little car, and (a minute later) asked if I was willing to let her ride shotgun.

My response? "... Sure, if I wasn't borrowing the damn car." We both chuckled, and a cruise around 2nd-4th Avenue PLUS a stop at a Starbucks, she seemed to like the thing (and it's also how I got to know her.)
TeamMGE
Posted: Jun 14 2012, 04:38 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 38,695

The driver must be attractive in that AE86. happy.gif
superhours
Posted: Sep 29 2012, 06:35 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,023

An 86 is certainly not a chick magnet...but I would still drive one, because ID is just cool like that.
r35gtr
Posted: Nov 21 2015, 09:39 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 46,063

If a regular girl sees it, it would be like riddin an
Old ford focus so... She will
Ride it because she has
No other
Mode of transportation

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Neathy
Posted: Jun 14 2016, 03:23 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 46,453

I sure would, but I guess it's only because I'm into Initial D. It would be nice to see a girl who had nothing to do with the show ride in a AE86.

This post has been edited by Neathy on Jun 14 2016, 03:24 PM
eure_maum
Posted: Jun 24 2016, 07:20 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 46,593

I would. And I'm a girl. I would probably ask even if I had never seen Initial D. My first boyfriend had a VW GTI (I think that's what it was called. It wasn't a Chevy so I never really memorized the name of it) and had a blast riding in that. He he. Drifting on back country roads in Virginia, fun memories. Plus, I just love hatchbacks. Own a 2005 Chevy Aveo LS, personally. I still kick myself for missing the replica 86 that came to an anime convention a few years back. Why did I have to be broke back then? Currently looking to get another car, and it will most likely be another hatchback.
AGuywithanAE86
Posted: Jun 25 2016, 06:30 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 41,461

Not in my experience. I've had much more dudes come up to me whenever I drive the 8-6 now lol. Girls prefer my MR-S way more than some corolla from the 80's lol.
Falbere
Posted: Jun 25 2016, 06:55 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

what the actual
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums

3 Pages  1 2 3