Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Maiko - Don't Go Baby

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 28,327  ·  Replies: 135 
> DFW where you at?!
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Nov 11 2006, 09:10 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,336

Alright I know this board has at least a few lurkers from DFW so please post up. I usually play at Cybertown at Firewheel Town Center in Garland. That used to be a pretty hot spot but now there's only a few of us regulars who still go there, and a whole shit load of n00bs... ugh. I've tried checking out a few other locations that I know of but not much luck.

There's Adventure Landing in Dallas, on Coit Rd near the Bush Turnpike, I guess some regs used to go there cuz I saw some pretty good times, but everytime I've gone the place is dead.

Gameworks Grapevine has turned to shit. I've gone a few times before and have been pretty impressed, but today I went and the machine was sooo busted. Left side was unplayable, the brake kept engaging. Right side was workable but with a pretty screwed wheel, like when you turn the wheel a little it's hella tough to hold it steady. I brought all this to the attention of the techs, one guy took a look at it and saw the same things I saw, so hopefully they'll work on fixing it.

I also know of machines at Putt-Putt by The Parks Mall, and at Main Event Fort Worth, but that's pretty far to drive. I'd drop by for sure though if I knew there would be people racing it up.

So that's my question for you folks, where y'all at? Maybe waiting for the Gameworks machine to get fixed? Cuz I know there used to be a crowd there. Or some other location I don't know about? Maybe you guys could drop by Cybertown, that machine is in pretty prime condition. Or Adventure Landing? They take pretty good care of their stuff too.

Post up! w00t2.gif
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Dec 2 2006, 09:59 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

lol, what a difference three weeks makes. w00t2.gif

CT is pretty much shot to hell now. The card reader is broken on the right side, wheels are getting worse, and I hear the machines aren't ever gonna get fixed. Instead they're gonna sell the machines maybe this month. Sure ID4 is on the horizon, but that's gonna be February at the earliest if they get Japanese machines.

Gameworks, on the otherhand, has fixed their machines, and today they were in the best condition I've ever seen them in. I'll be going there more regularly now, especially Saturday afternoons and evenings. I'll probably go there next week, so if anyone wants to race or just chill, hit me up or just show up. =)
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Dec 31 2006, 12:56 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Yup, Gameworks is definitely the place. I've been going there regularly lately, mainly Saturday afternoons and nights. The machine's in good shape, got a bit of a crowd of regulars there, it's pretty kickass! It's mainly been time attacking, but maybe if a few more people show up, we can get some battles going! w00t2.gif

... okay I'm getting a little tired of talking to the wind here. I seem to be the only person from DFW on this forum, but I'm sure there're some lurkers out there, right? whistling.gif
GAARA
Posted: Dec 31 2006, 12:02 PM

UFC Light Heavyweight Champ, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson!!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,633

Sup, I see you hit 31 now, congrats on that cool.gif
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Dec 31 2006, 10:11 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

word. cool.gif
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Feb 18 2007, 07:39 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Update on current status.

Cybertown: looks like Jacky is gone. Dunno if he quit or if he got fired, but apparently they weren't happy with him. From what I understand, they're now having the San Antonio tech come up here like once a week. Both card readers work now, and they were going to work on the pedal and wheel problems this weekend. So hopefully these machines will be fixed up good. Also, Matt tells me they're going to import ID4 and have it here in March, also Wangan 3. This may become the hot spot again.

Gameworks: machine went downhill kinda bad. Problems with pedals on one side, problems with the wheel on other. I talked to the tech though, and they had already ordered the parts for the wheel. Sounds like the machine should be fixed up soon. I haven't heard anything about them getting ID4, but they know ID is popular, plus Gameworks is owned by Sega so... I would think they'd get it.

Adventure Landing still seems pretty dead, which is weird to me considering the machine is still in great shape. I did notice a new name though, "ALEX" driving an Evo4. He has some pretty good times. Also saw his name up at Gameworks. I'd go to this place more often but no one else is ever there, and I'm tired of time attacking. wink2.gif

Alright you lurkers, post the hell up. It's been too damn long since I've had a good battle, and I'm tired of having battle level 31. Who wants to RACE?! grin2.gif
matt
Posted: Feb 25 2007, 07:31 PM

Team Drift Speed/ Trueno Force

Member No.: 11,652

If i went to texas I would race u man, but I'm in So cal! When I get a chance to for sure I'll u!
feint_se3p
Posted: Mar 2 2007, 10:30 PM

I need a job!!

Member No.: 23,398

alright about time i find somebody else from the metroplex i go up to gameworks every now and then, basically anytime i go up there during the weekdays cause its half off, haha but yeah ill be up there on spring break im not that great but id love to learn some good lines
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Mar 3 2007, 08:50 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

That's cool. I usually go there Fridays and Saturdays, with the occasional Thursday night thrown in. Definitely thinking of hitting it up next Thursday night, since it's spring break and all. grin2.gif
feint_se3p
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 10:41 AM

I need a job!!

Oh ok cool i might be up there it just depends if i can get a ride or not, I probably could though, do you know who else is gonna be up there?
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Mar 4 2007, 04:21 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

I dunno. We did the same thing last year though and there was a pretty decent turnout. I'll try to spread the word around the east Dallas/Garland/Mesquite players. grin2.gif

This post has been edited by Ke6dRt on Mar 4 2007, 04:22 PM
Ramaj
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 04:35 PM

yo mama

Member No.: 19,246

>.>

I think most of the regular ID players go on thursdays and at half price hours.

I have pretty much quit though cause the machines were always worked over good, even after getting fixed. and I know why, it's because there are some people that lose a race or whatever and get mad and start slamming their fists on the wheel and the screen and stomping on the pedals. it's stupid and scary to say the least when you see people like that.

The WMMT machines are usually in pretty good shape though so I have switched over to playing that. I still have my cards for IDAS but just find that WMMT is a bit more fun and generally the people playing aren't total psycho.

I've run into quite a few psychos when playing IDAS up there. But the WMMT players usually seem a bit more relaxed and don't go nuts on the machine if they lose.
feint_se3p
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 08:01 PM

I need a job!!

yeah i know what people your talking about, i play WMMT sometimes but i just like the feel of ID better, but yeah i know who your talking about i saw a guy get pissed cause he lost against bunta and my friends and I just looked at him funny and he settled down but it does scar you when your concentrating on racing and then all of sudden theres a gigantic boom next to you cause some guy lost and got mad
Ramaj
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 09:15 PM

yo mama

Member No.: 19,246

I saw a guy get pissed off for losing to Keisuke in story mode the first time you race him on akagi there.

I was like WTF YO.. and always I see alot of really shady looking people playing on IDAS. and it's never just one or two guys. it's always like 4-5 guys and only like 1 guy is playing and the others are just like hanging around him because apparently they all have to stay at the same game even though there are other games right next to it..

I just don't like going into a group of people like that when they are acting shady or freaking out.

I've never had that problem with WMMT and the WMMT machines are always in good shape when I go. I have only once had a problem on the WMMT machines and it was that the steering was slightly to the right so I had to hold the wheel to the left just a tiny bit throughout the races or else the car would just make a long slow turn to the right. it did slow me down but I wasn't too worried about it.
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Mar 6 2007, 05:02 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Not sure if I'm going this Thursday or next. I think most people are having spring break next week, so I'm thinking of going next week instead since there'll probably be a better turnout.

Hope you guys are gonna be ready to RACE! grin2.gif
feint_se3p
  Posted: Mar 6 2007, 08:46 PM

I need a job!!

Oh haha yeah my spring break is next week, i thought you meant next week, but yeah its a good thing your going next week i seriously need some help, oh and im probably going to bring a couple of my friends also wether they want to play or not is an uncertain factor, i cant wait i havent played in 3 weeks almost grin2.gif
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Mar 12 2007, 04:42 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Don't forget guys... this Thursday night it's goin down at Gameworks. grin2.gif
feint_se3p
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 05:00 PM

I need a job!!

It sure is, youll notice me cause im probably going to be wearing a motorcycle helmet while playing, HAHA just another great idea ive had.
but seriously my cards say ERIC (my name), and ill more than likely have my little brother around me going how do you do that, thats a cool tree (he takes after me way to much) biggrin.gif
feint_se3p
Posted: Mar 20 2007, 08:57 PM

I need a job!!

Ok I was up there on thursday ( I was the noob that ran an embarassing 3'19" on akina ermm2.gif ) oh and my cards name was Eric, I was just posting to see who else was up there from this forum, were you up there ke6DRt? and what about you ramaj??, oh and ke6 hit me up on aim next time your goin to go play ID at gameworks, I need some coaching big time grin2.gif
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Mar 28 2007, 02:36 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Yup I was there during spring break. I was splitting my time between Initial D and DDR, with a smattering of Indy 500. grin2.gif You may remember me as the one using a S14K that day.

I'll be there tomorrow, and a few other Initial D vets may be there as well. It may be pretty kickass. Oh yeah, and the Sil80 will be in action tomorrow. Come on out y'all! w00t2.gif
Kerxn
Posted: Mar 28 2007, 03:05 PM

now clean your screen

Member No.: 3,880

I quit ID ever since a f**ktard stole my R32 :'(

Anyways, whenever I get my licence I'll just drive up to places and play. I'm in the Richardson area, btw.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
feint_se3p
Posted: Mar 28 2007, 09:04 PM

I need a job!!

QUOTE (Kerxn @ Today at 5:05 PM)
I quit ID ever since a f**ktard stole my R32 :'(

Anyways, whenever I get my licence I'll just drive up to places and play. I'm in the Richardson area, btw.

Dude that effing sucks whats the name of it, if I find ill get it back.
and yeah if I had my license i'd totally go up there tomorrow, err.. today technically
nobody would be willing to pick me up would they?? haha laugh.gif
I live in the HEB area, any takers??

What do you look like Ke6??, I really wasnt paying attention to what car everybody was using well except for the guy who fished me to Tsui, the big white guy who used a dc2, and the little asian guy with an ek9 i believe.

This post has been edited by feint_se3p on Mar 28 2007, 09:08 PM
Kerxn
Posted: Apr 3 2007, 01:43 PM

now clean your screen

Member No.: 3,880

ke6 is a big guy, but damn he's cool
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
feint_se3p
Posted: Apr 3 2007, 03:32 PM

I need a job!!

ah dude hes the big white guy, he has like slicked back blonde hair right??

This post has been edited by feint_se3p on Apr 3 2007, 06:28 PM
feint_se3p
Posted: Apr 15 2007, 11:54 AM

I need a job!!

OK just let everybody know (even though it seems like nobody checks this) I am going on the 26th I hope to see everybody there.

PS I will be there with a short little white girl (my girlfriend) so feel free to say hi or something

6 Pages  1 2 3 »