Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Nakazato's Theme

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 44,524  ·  Replies: 212 
> Super Eurobeat Vol.197
sandbird
Posted: Apr 7 2009, 09:31 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,116

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ Apr 3 2009, 07:35 PM)
He is talking about this kind of megamixing

It's called "edit".
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 7 2009, 11:30 AM

🎧

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (sandbird @ 1 hour, 58 minutes ago)
It's called "edit".

We all know that they are editing the songs but, he was talking about "the mixing strategies"... So, I answered with a megamix of mine... And, the stratgey used was the "skipping".
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Moogleknight101
Posted: Apr 7 2009, 09:17 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 30,813

Well the David Rodgers and David Dima songs are just a few of many that I'm looking forward to, but it's still a pretty random selection of tracks. I wonder if we can assume an equally strange list for 198 with the female themed tracks...hm *Questions Avex*
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 01:24 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Moogleknight101 @ 4 hours, 7 minutes ago)
Well the David Rodgers and David Dima songs are just a few of many that I'm looking forward to, but it's still a pretty random selection of tracks. I wonder if we can assume an equally strange list for 198 with the female themed tracks...hm *Questions Avex*

Hehe, if you're in a position where you can openly question Avex, please express Lebon14's opinions (no offense). shifty2.gif
Krj
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 03:37 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 32,528

Only Male??
Bah, I love Pamsy. :-(
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 04:09 AM

🎧

QUOTE (Krj @ 31 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
Only Male??
Bah, I love Pamsy. :-(

Well, Maybe there will be a new *megamixed* track in SEB 198.
Krj
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 04:10 AM

IDW Jr. Member

I Hope so!!! She is Awesome. I saw her in Pisa this July.
*Magical*

This post has been edited by Krj on Apr 8 2009, 04:10 AM
Bladeoz
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 05:00 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 13,312

Love Pamsy too, one of my all time favorite artists. I hope when she does release new content, it'll be more like So Fragile and Dancing Alone.

To be honest though, megamix CDs disapoint me... I thought they originally made them to give artists a break, kind of like with Clip shows on TV. They also make good economical sense. But one of the forum members were talking about there now being a more competition for a space on the album and artists/labels were no-longer just "reserved" space.

That said, the G1 Megamixes are fantastic, not to mention the Initial-D ones.
STJ
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 09:10 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 31,911

I would real wanna see the idiot at Avex that said that 197 should be a random megamix!
Ronnie
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 10:21 AM

桜兔

Member No.: 22,053

christ almighty Avex get it through your narrow minded skulls:

WE DON'T LIKE MIXES! We want our songs in singuler form so we can play them on random and have them in playlists that don't require the entire album to be played. We want our songs to last 4-5 minutes not 1.30-2.10 mins, and we especially don't want to be listening to songs that end abruptly that are starting to begin a new song.

I've never liked remixes they've always put me off, I feel they're for silly little kids who like to pretend the party never ends and the entire album is just one big song. Well i'm to old for this BS and I want a nice varied mix of tracks that I can decide are good or not for my listening entertainment. I don't blame the EB artists or the producers but I blame the record company for telling US THE CONSUMER what we want.

i'm avoiding this album so well done AVEX you lost out.
Jayveemon
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 10:22 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 26,140

QUOTE (STJ @ 1 hour, 12 minutes ago)
I would real wanna see the idiot at Avex that said that 197 should be a random megamix!

Its not exactly random its a collection of top male hits + new male tracks
198 is a collection of top female hits + new female tracks...
Krj
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 10:25 AM

IDW Jr. Member

It's gonna be a legendary seb
Todeshornisse
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 12:53 PM

SBK on Tour

Member No.: 11,698

QUOTE (Ronnie @ 2 hours, 32 minutes ago)

WE DON'T LIKE MIXES! We want our songs in singuler form so we can play them on random and have them in playlists that don't require the entire album to be played. We want our songs to last 4-5 minutes not 1.30-2.10 mins, and we especially don't want to be listening to songs that end abruptly that are starting to begin a new song.

I've never liked remixes they've always put me off, I feel they're for silly little kids who like to pretend the party never ends and the entire album is just one big song. Well i'm to old for this BS and I want a nice varied mix of tracks that I can decide are good or not for my listening entertainment. I don't blame the EB artists or the producers but I blame the record company for telling US THE CONSUMER what we want.

Well said. What's the matter with this? New songs and I only get a small glimpse on them. That sucks!
beat freak
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 10:30 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 28,039

That tracklist looks all kinds of HOT, but it's a real shame that SEB has been degraded to nonstop format sad.gif
TypeR76
Posted: Apr 8 2009, 11:03 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 29,700

I really don't understand where the hate for megamixes is coming from though, I am okay with it, Not too much I guess but if it ends at 200, No problem.

Btw, I might be flamed for this, no offence, but I feel that the people who can complain about this, are the people who actually buy/buy & download the albums instead of just downloading w/o buying and majority of the people here just download.

This post has been edited by TypeR76 on Apr 8 2009, 11:07 PM
Seiji
Posted: Apr 9 2009, 08:54 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 21,839

^ Not that I really hate megamixes, there's plenty of megamix albums in my CD collection, but I find it such a shame that we'll only be getting small fragments of these new tracks. Result: no intro's, no interludes, less special features full tracks have, ... the good stuff in other words, and I could on a long while like that.

It'll be just like a song played on the radio, where the best parts are always left out, cut off abruptly, or messed up by blabbing or jingles. It'll drag down the original quality of the songs, and that's a real shame ! Not only for us who like to buy albums with full tracks, but especially for the producers. Really, if I would've been a producer, I wouldn't even bother making new songs for SEB anymore if they only end up cut an mixed to pieced. It's the same as if I would make a brand new advert page at work, on which I spend a lot of effort, and then they go cutting off half of my lay-out and place it in a book stuffed with hundreds of other adverts.

The only decent megamixes I have are over 2 hours long each. Those feature nearly full songs and are honestly mixed in a brilliant way. But seen the 30 song tracklist and price, I highly doubt Avex will have made a 2 hour megamix of that quality level.

Megamixes are good for NON-new-track work that comes after the full releases, but please not for introducing new stuff, and especially not as part of a long lasting series like SEB so close to its 200th volume.
I don't know what's happening right there at Avex at the moment, but I hope they'll get back on the right track quickly, DON'T start the new decade with another load of megamixes (that would be ... ras.gif), and would listen a bit more to us customers.

Sorry if I bored the hell out of all of you, but I really had to get this off my mind pinch2.gif

This post has been edited by Seiji on Apr 9 2009, 08:55 AM
DXPetti
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 12:16 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 11,807

I think Eurobeat is tailored nicely for megamixes. These 6 minute full length versions of songs are often rubbish filled with loops to pad out the song much akin to fillers in Naruto/Bleach.

My opinion though smile.gif
beat freak
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 02:56 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 28,039

TypeR76
Btw, I might be flamed for this, no offence, but I feel that the people who can complain about this, are the people who actually buy/buy & download the albums instead of just downloading w/o buying and majority of the people here just download.

Exactly what's the point in wasting money on nonstops? I like to own the stuff and In extended. I'll download the stuff to get a nice sneak preview, but once I got the cd in the mail I'm 100 x happier.

If they go nonstops, I'll probly just download just to hear the new tracks. So AVEX loses one more fan who actually bought the cds sad.gif

To me they are stupid for making stupid decisions.
iheartmiho
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 03:43 PM

Love & Money

Member No.: 20,567

At first, I was very pissed about them doing megamixes for 197-200, but you have to admit alot of people got upset when it went from 18 radio edits to 13 extends so we'll just b*tch and b*tch about any change. Remember though, prior to 151, it was quite usual to see 2 or so megamix albums per SEB decade...there's an old school flavour to it. Hopefully, there'll be some good mixing...I'm personally waiting for 198 since I'm more of a female singer lover... I wouldn't doubt that 7A will decide to go back to the extended or even radio edits when 201 rocks around in September.
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 10 2009, 05:30 PM

🎧

As I once said, I'm not against megamixes. It's just that really bad to make a lot of them in a row and not offer the extended of new songs in an other way.
Bladeoz
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 03:23 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 13,312

I actually like the way they dropped the number of tracks on the CDs to make room for the extended versions. I found myself annoyed, especially when buying the cds, that not all the tracks were the full versions (think Dark Angels: Right Now). The only way to get them before was to buy special albums (like ID Fourth Stage Album) or buy the extended versions online.

The Megamixes aren't so bad if there is effort put in, or purpose. The "All Male" album would have been good, if they picked the best songs from an Internet Poll by fans or if they chose the best songs from the 190s.

It just seems like they picked some recent tracks and then just grabbed some classics to plug the gaps.
yujioh
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 04:47 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 32,103

I love Pamsy. :-( fffffffffff
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 10:20 AM

🎧

QUOTE (yujioh @ 5 hours, 32 minutes ago)
I love Pamsy. :-( fffffffffff

Learn to roam more.
We said that SEB 198 would be ALL FEMALE.
DarkSkyed
Posted: Apr 11 2009, 11:30 AM

they see me trollin' they hatin'

Member No.: 25,278

QUOTE (Ronnie @ Apr 8 2009, 07:21 PM)

user posted image

Userbars
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
(There was not enough space for more labels, but I'll try to find a way to get all of them in there wink2.gif )

Wallpapers
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

More stuff coming soon.

EDIT:
user posted image