Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) THE CONFRONTING

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 228,682  ·  Replies: 137 
> Initial D Final Stage to release on 2014.05.16, Available on Animax PLUS starting May 16
Perry
  Posted: Dec 10 2013, 12:30 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (E30Six @ 58 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
Can you post the volume / page number or even the screenshot of the page where Takumi avoids the accident(s) in the Impreza? I wana see this, but have never read the manga. Thanks happy.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
E30Six
Posted: Dec 11 2013, 09:47 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,622

QUOTE (Perry @ Yesterday, 12:30 PM)
You bet cha!

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=45225 happy.gif

Awww yeah. Thanks bro, I appreciate that. I wish I could give "likes" out to your posts, but, I hope this will suffice. pinch2.gif
teknoman
Posted: Jan 8 2014, 12:25 PM

Official IDW Quiz-bot 5000™

Member No.: 644

Initial D Final Stage is the last and final stage in the series. Finally.
vhsfootball_82
Posted: Feb 6 2014, 10:15 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,420

So when does Spring officially start? lol

I cant wait any longer, I want to finish this series already. Im very behind in watching Naruto Shippuden lol
langjie
Posted: Feb 6 2014, 12:59 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,916

QUOTE (vhsfootball_82 @ 2 hours, 44 minutes ago)
So when does Spring officially start? lol

I cant wait any longer, I want to finish this series already. Im very behind in watching Naruto Shippuden lol

apparently 8/23/14...
Perry
  Posted: Feb 6 2014, 11:53 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

QUOTE (langjie @ Today, 12:59 PM)
apparently 8/23/14...

That's the release date for the The Trilogy Movie Part 1, not Final Stage. There is no confirmed release date for Final Stage other than "Spring 2014."
xan2116
Posted: Feb 8 2014, 06:59 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,023

The biggest thing I think they missed out of 5th stage is the Bunta & Kai's Father talk at the lake and Ryosuke & Shinigami built up was pretty lack luster. I haven't read past 5th stage but I hope they don't miss out on such interesting (but not nessesary) points like that.
nivtec29
Posted: Feb 26 2014, 02:12 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,222

As we all know Final Stage is going to be wrapping up a few loose ends for those who have not read the manga.

One of the more interesting points being a race between Takumi and Keisuke.

Well of course there is going to be one , Project D IS about them after all .. and well if you wana know whats going to happen......

SPOILER

SPOILER
Perry
  Posted: Mar 2 2014, 04:21 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 932 x 1098. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Animax announced on March 1st that Initial D Final Stage will be available starting on May 16th, 2014 on its new subscription VOD (Video On Demand) service which allows subscribers to watch all the latest anime series. Initial D Final Stage will start right after where Fifth Stage left off. There are a total of four episodes that makes up this mini stage.

Opening and Ending theme had also been announced. To our surprise, they are using two of m.o.v.e's unreleased tracks. The OP will be Outsoar The Rainbow and the ED will be Days. The OP also happens to be the same theme song they use for Initial D Arcade Stage 8 Infinity. For those of you that follows the forums, you'll know that m.o.v.e disbanded as of March 2013. Initial D just isn't the same without m.o.v.e. Maybe the producer also thinks the same way, hence the songs choice.

INITIAL D FINAL STAGE
Trailer: Not Available Yet.
Official Website: http://www.animax.co.jp/special/initial-d
Available on Animax PLUS 2014.05.16
forever2222
  Posted: Mar 2 2014, 06:20 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 43,022

Finaly ... Thank u perry .. I can't wait rolleyes.gif
mike962
Posted: Mar 2 2014, 08:20 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 29,885

I don't get it

4 episodes ?? released at once or again in weeks/months ??
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 2 2014, 08:38 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (mike962 @ 18 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
I don't get it

4 episodes ?? released at once or again in weeks/months ??

Doesn't say. Assume it's one per something.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Jezza_HR
Posted: Mar 4 2014, 07:26 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 8,289

I do wonder what they intend to fit into those four episodes. Are they going to go back and re-introduce the lead up to Takumi and Shinji? Or will they add more content after their race? It's unlikely that the race will take 4 episodes alone.
mike962
Posted: Mar 4 2014, 03:02 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Jezza_HR @ 7 hours, 35 minutes ago)
I do wonder what they intend to fit into those four episodes. Are they going to go back and re-introduce the lead up to Takumi and Shinji? Or will they add more content after their race? It's unlikely that the race will take 4 episodes alone.

4 episodes of the usual 20-23 min results a total of 80-88 min which is the standard OVA so don't understand why they split it in 4 eps instead of just 1 OVA facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by mike962 on Mar 4 2014, 03:08 PM
Perry
  Posted: Mar 12 2014, 12:43 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Added seven new images in the first post:

Final Stage Gallery: user posted image
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

These are from the Initial D Final Stage Vol.1 & 2 DVD page on Amazon Japan. These are believed to be the broadcast resolution on Animax PLUS's VOD service, not the actual screencaps from the Final Stage DVDs.
Perry
  Posted: Mar 26 2014, 03:48 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

First post updated with title of ACT.1. The first episode's title is called "Natural" Most likely referring to Shinji as he's more of a "natural" driver than Takumi was.
Vortrex
Posted: Mar 26 2014, 08:49 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

More natural than Takumi? So he must have drove that car and his touge even more than Takumi drove Akina. tongue.gif

I got some more shocking things to reveal. In the soundtrack list of Initial D Fifth Stage, you have the car sounds of almost all cars of Fifth Stage.
Then, the second last Boost Sound is this one: AE86 Sound

I think it's Shinji's AE86, because there aren't any other 4AGE in Fifth Stage with the standard sound. But what scares me, is that when you hear the engine revving: after that he takes off. Assume he goes full throttle, it takes about 9 seconds before the speed chime rings = 0-100 km/h (0-62.14mp/h)!! blink.gif

So that means that the engine should be around 130-140 HP! Okay, I know that this only counts for the car it was recorded with. Still, shouldn't they have used a faster sounding car, or was 140HP enough?

This post has been edited by Vortrex on Mar 26 2014, 08:54 AM
mike962
Posted: Mar 26 2014, 08:51 AM

IDW Supremo Member

any info on voice actors ? very important the VA for MIKA is he is absent or returns ?

Jezza_HR
Posted: Mar 26 2014, 11:34 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 8,289

QUOTE (Vortrex @ 2 hours, 45 minutes ago)
I got some more shocking things to reveal. In the soundtrack list of Initial D Fifth Stage, you have the car sounds of almost all cars of Fifth Stage.
Then, the second last Boost Sound is this one: AE86 Sound

I think it's Shinji's AE86, because there aren't any other 4AGE in Fifth Stage with the standard sound. But what scares me, is that when you hear the engine revving: after that he takes off. Assume he goes full throttle, it takes about 9 seconds before the speed chime rings = 0-100 km/h (0-62.14mp/h)!! blink.gif

So that means that the engine should be around 130-140 HP! Okay, I know that this only counts for the car it was recorded with. Still, shouldn't they have used a faster sounding car, or was 140HP enough?

I think this might be overanalysing a little bit.
Perry
  Posted: Apr 1 2014, 03:20 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

user posted image

Looks like we'll get the first two episodes free again like Fifth Stage. Red outlined the phrase in question. It means "Exclusive Preceding Free Delivery"

Added all four episodes title and the air date schedule in the first post.

Episode Discussion and Downloads:
  • ACT.1 -「ナチュラル」"Natural"
  • ACT.2 -「最強の敵」"The Strongest Enemy"
    » Discussion & Download Thread (Not Available Yet)
  • ACT.3 - 「危険な匂い」"Dangerous Scent"
  • ACT.4 - 「プロジェクト・ドリーム」"Project Dream"
    » Discussion & Download Thread (Not Available Yet)

Final Stage Airdate Schedule: (Subject to change with notifications)
  • (#01) Episode 1 - 2: Friday May 16th, 2014
  • (#02) Episode 3 - 4: Sunday June 22nd, 2014
(Note: Episodes will be available on Animax PLUS for ¥864 [$8.40 USD] for each two episodes, free if you have Animax on SkyPerfect TV.)
mike962
Posted: Apr 1 2014, 03:24 PM

IDW Supremo Member

"Project Dream" I guess that leaves no doubts whatsoever
W.A.R
Posted: Apr 1 2014, 04:27 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

Ugh... its gonna take forever to have someone properly translate these episodes since no one really wanted to subbed 5th stage when it came out. crying2.gif
Perry
  Posted: Apr 1 2014, 04:54 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

QUOTE (W.A.R @ 27 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
Ugh... its gonna take forever to have someone properly translate these episodes since no one really wanted to subbed 5th stage when it came out. crying2.gif

I think Central-Anime would sub Final Stage. Let me ask Heibi and see what he says.
Perry
  Posted: Apr 10 2014, 02:48 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

The official page has updated today. Check it out: http://mv.avex.jp/initial/initial.html

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 750. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Here are the translation:

公道最速バトル最終章
ハチロク vs. ハチロク
物語はついに終局へ!

The final chapter of the fastest street battle
Hachiroku vs Hachiroku
The ultimate ending of the story

STORY
主人公藤原拓海は、前作「5th Stage」にて PROJECT.D のメンバーの一人として関東の聖地「箱根峠」へ向かう。そこではこれまでのバトルを越える強者が彼らの前に立ちはだつた。
同じAE86スプリンタートレノを運転する年下の天才ドライバーとの戦い。今、関東最速をかけた最後の熱い公道バトルがいよいよ幕を開ける!

As one of the PROJECT.D members, protagonist Takumi Fujiwara is going to race on the "Hakone Touge", the holy land of Kanto. Stands before him is possibly the strongest enemy he has ever encountered up until this point.

Also behind the wheel of an AE86 Sprinter Trueno, the young genius opponent will be fighting against Takumi in this final street battle for the "Kanto's Fastest" title. The race will be kicking off finally!
HardcoreEP
Posted: Apr 19 2014, 10:36 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 3,858

Have to disagree with some of you guys. When I first watched 5th stage piece by piece, I 'initially' (pun intended) thought it was crap and like many felt the quality had fallen. However, I watched the marvelous Blue-ray versions in one sitting and was blow away by it.

It's translated better. The picture and sound quality is very good. Some of the character animations do falter, but unless its a Madhouse production, most serial anime tends to be like this. The subtlety of the 3D cars is spot on.

Which brings me to the Shinigami race. It's easily in my top three Initial D races and solidifies Ryosuke as a bad ass. It's edited dramatically. The sound design and soundtrack made it a spectacle, even though I knew how it was going to turn out.

There was not that much character development in the 5th stage manga to begin with, so I didn't expect much in the anime.

I suggest a re-watch using the Blue-ray version and see how well it plays out vs. the forced two episodes a month thing.

This post has been edited by HardcoreEP on Apr 19 2014, 10:37 PM

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 »