Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Burning Desire (New Generation Remix)

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 442 443 444 445 446 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 535,084  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 4 2019, 06:05 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (207 @ 8 hours, 23 minutes ago)
gotta find a 7-11 now to withdraw more money went thru half of 120k??? gotta count it to be sure but i still have some pokemon plushies in interested in at pokemon center.

Sounds about right. $600 in two days doing mad touristy stuff?

Now you know why I haven't gone yet. Hasn't been because I couldn't afford the trip itself...but because I couldn't afford my lack of impulse control. laugh2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Apr 4 2019, 10:28 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 9:05 AM)
Sounds about right. $600 in two days doing mad touristy stuff?

Now you know why I haven't gone yet. Hasn't been because I couldn't afford the trip itself...but because I couldn't afford my lack of impulse control. laugh2.gif

the bulk of the money spent was on anime goods.... but i got most of that out of the way. the rest of the money was on normal items, only used my credit card for hotel assurance/guarantee reasons so its maybe 40/60 (60 anime,40 other) its been 90% cash basis in my case, the rest went to suica charging. i still have some shopping in kyoto in a few days to deal with but i see i need to chain down my impluses a fair amount. i have more than sufficient funds and still be ok when i get back to civilization ie home.

currently in diver city and went to joyopolis, i was fucked before arriving in Japan for the initial d car game. its my 3rd day here and they closed the car race game 4 days ago... wandered around a bit explored the place and left. still worked out fine, got more time for Gundam stuff now as soon as i find the place and then head to ueno onshi park.

gtg now to find a unicorn.

edit: i couldnt find that mythical unicorn but i saw a 50ft tall metal god, they were waiting for him to talk to his followers a 5pm (among other times to show some movement) i couldnt resist so i stayed there and took pics before his prophecy and after it.

after meeting the one true god, i went to ueno park. got there at7pm. some of the fist half of the lane blew off or had new green growth already, the other half near the museum were still just before falling/new growth.

lessons learned today:
1. there is no quadruped creature with a single central horn as its just an imposter of the white metal god that does have a horn.

2. take a break sometimes from walking, my feet will tell me that when its time.

and lastly 3. never use a urinal at Joyopolis that has a screen mounted above it that shows a nurse holding a tama vase. she will disclose info you dont care to bother knowing...

i did play some mt6 at round1, stock 280hp r33 vs full tuned cars, didnt know they were full tune but thats aside the point. i wanted to try the new courses, did 3 races lost them. had fun anyway. dropped by Gundam base, it took alot to not buy the tan white/bright green highlighted unicorn gundam. i left with out buying a small replica of the god.

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 5 2019, 04:08 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 5 2019, 10:17 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (207 @ Yesterday, 10:28 PM)
i left with out buying a small replica of the god.

Which is too bad, I hear the Real Grade is actually pretty impressive and fairly inexpensive for what you get. If I didn't already have the HG, I would've bought the RG in a heartbeat.

Glad you're having fun!
Posted: Apr 5 2019, 01:23 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Which is too bad, I hear the Real Grade is actually pretty impressive and fairly inexpensive for what you get. If I didn't already have the HG, I would've bought the RG in a heartbeat.

Glad you're having fun!

im not a dog owner but if you ever saw 2 dog owners walking their dogs past each other in the morning, the 2 dogs are straining their leashes to try to get to smell each other. the owners dont let them greet each other and keep on walking. well in that case id be one of those dogs when i saw the gundam kit... i had to try to keep the item sizes at a minimum for my bags. i already got a Gintoki figurine and the other Nelliel Tu arrancar figurine sans box, believe its the banpresto one.

id say my money spent ratio might be a bit skewred towards 30/70 but food, transport, mundane items make up the rest of the spending. got a Japanese pairing knife at tsukiji market yesterday, 5700 yen total.

i got three or four gundam kits at home waiting for me as it is. backlog more than four is not good in my case. used to hg but not sure if ready for rg.

edir: the tour bus did a great job tackling the 2 iroha slopes, next trip i will conquer another corse?? super happy i got to irohazaka. the i pad is now full hard storage capacity full but its useless as camera or vid due to. the irohazaka down vid first half down

got a ipad charger as the shit i had didnt work ie no power converter on the cable. the extrenal battery probably damaged ipad battery, it drains to 0% if i leave it on for the day without shutting it off. so i got a prpoer charger at bic camera but the damage was done. also picked up a spare battery for my cannon powershot. the 2nd battery is my parents' that i borrrowed and best buy wants $70 cad for it. bic camera was selling them for 4000 yen, i aint stupid but much cheaper than in Canada so i made the obvios choice. should probaly get another second spare while in Japan.

i did a detailed check of funds, 96k yen in 4 days. much better than thought it was, last 2 days i didnt spend too much so the average per day for the whole trip should be reasonable.

edit 2
mt fuji was a bit hazy but rather clear, finished the day with taxi ride to hotel from hakone crater to the hotel. it was a nice tougue road.

as for monday, went to nara park/ templr. forgot to bring my pokeball with me but there was a herd of deerling, sawsbuck and stantler there. petted a few pokemon and enjoyed the sakuras

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 8 2019, 03:52 AM
Posted: Apr 13 2019, 05:31 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Nearly a week since last post in this thread,

I got a few anime items, mostly smaller items but the larger items were a Gintoki Sakata figure, Nelliel Tu banpresto figure. The most confusingbonevwas a string bracelet that started to untangle on me. Bought it for the color pattern but the locking loop gave way. Been trying 5o figure it out ever since how to refrain it. 6 strings technically 3 that are folded in half. The center is a yellow that gets wrapped around, the other 2/4 get twisted and cross wrapped around with dark green and green in a x pattern with a 1:2:1:2 pattern showing on both sides. I figured out the way to get 1 cross over on a Sid and get the pattern but placing/braiding the strings on the other side is not yet figured out.

I wasn't great at tying complex knot types of even braids but this does make for a nice challenge to me. I'll post a pic when I can so I can get help identifying the correct pattern/technique. However my family isn't waiting for me to have a full day off from my vacation to unwind from arriving back home from a trip abroad....................

edit:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 13 2019, 06:24 AM
Nerubian
Posted: Apr 16 2019, 02:54 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

Apparently, PlayStation 5 will support 8K raytracing graphics. I can only imagine what the console's retail price will be with all that strong installed hardware (ultra fast SSD, Octacore CPU with 3D audio eg.).
Nerubian
Posted: Apr 22 2019, 03:23 PM

Funny how people can donate hundreds of millions of euros for the reconstruction of a burnt building but for poor people there's hardly money available.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 22 2019, 09:10 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 5 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Funny how people can donate hundreds of millions of euros for the reconstruction of a burnt building but for poor people there's hardly money available.

It's easier to focus on a fixed piece of history than it is to focus on an unspecific group without a central axis.

To be more specific here, it goes like this:

"Donate to fix the Notre Dame."
"How will donating to fix it work?"
"The Notre Dame is a building. It requires reconstruction. Here are the companies that want to perform that reconstruction. These are the materials required. This is the level of expertise required. Here is the rough estimate of how much these resources will cost to complete the project."

"Donate to end poverty."
"How will donating to end poverty work?"
"...Yes."

There is no well-defined channel for such a nonspecific problem. There are channels available for specific things of course--like donating clothes, donating food, donating supplies, etc--but there's no "insert money here in order to eradicate poverty as a problem facing modern society" like there is a well-defined pathway to reconstruct the Notre Dame.

If it bothers you...might I suggest you pioneer a change to that paradigm? Perhaps you could be the one who cracks the code and finds a way to make it happen.
Perry
Posted: Apr 22 2019, 11:18 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

People find things to feel better about themselves, it's a human condition. And this is just an observation.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
umustwait101
Posted: Apr 25 2019, 08:47 AM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (Perry @ Apr 22 2019, 11:18 PM)
People find things to feel better about themselves, it's a human condition. And this is just an observation.

Perhaps I am not human, then, as I find no value in reaffirming what I already know I do well. I prefer constructive criticism.
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 25 2019, 09:22 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 34 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
Perhaps I am not human, then, as I find no value in reaffirming what I already know I do well. I prefer constructive criticism.

Deep.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nerubian
Posted: Apr 25 2019, 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Apr 23 2019, 07:10 AM)
If it bothers you...might I suggest you pioneer a change to that paradigm? Perhaps you could be the one who cracks the code and finds a way to make it happen.

Well, I have no idea how complex a solution to poverty is. I can only make suggestions like implementing an unconditional basic income or some kind of facility for homeless people. It's not like it's bothering me, it's just an observation I made.
xiao
Posted: Apr 25 2019, 10:35 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Porque no los dos user posted image

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=vqgSO8_cRio )
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 27 2019, 12:22 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ Apr 25 2019, 08:47 AM)

I too enjoy Rick & Morty.
Sensation!
Posted: Apr 27 2019, 02:10 AM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

Most people like constructive criticism. Most people also cant take it.

xiao
  Posted: Apr 27 2019, 08:07 AM

moon bunny

Just how familiar are you guys with the Gear Wars exactly?

SPOILER
Posted: Apr 27 2019, 01:15 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

im not too familiar with some ipad features but i took a bunch of pics of Irohazaka with my mom's borrowed ipad mini. she sent 4-5 pics per email and the pics ended up all being 320x240 in size on my end in the emails. was there some some error or did the ipad functions make the pics smaller? even single pictures are 320x240. there was a note that there was no wifi connection to allow the +100mb limit to be bypassed. the ipad was clearly online but its clearly not enough for the email function to determine that the size bypass limit was clear...

that aside, im trying get all the pics and vids of Iroha slope to a computer storage file from her ipad. im considering the option of a data storage sim card (compatible to put into a PC slot) to transfer the data/pic/vids to from her ipad. is that even possible? im pretty sure there is a function to chose the image size being sent but havent found it yet. i'll figure it out somehow when i find the right corner of the screen.

for some high tech features they sure do hide some useful functions/options god knows where. its rather annoying to say the least.

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 27 2019, 02:08 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 27 2019, 10:51 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (207 @ 9 hours, 32 minutes ago)
im not too familiar with some ipad features but i took a bunch of pics of Irohazaka with my mom's borrowed  ipad mini. she sent 4-5 pics per email and the pics ended up all being 320x240 in size on my end in the emails. was there some some error or did the ipad functions  make the pics smaller? even single pictures are 320x240. there was a note that there was no wifi connection to allow the +100mb limit to be bypassed. the ipad was clearly online but its clearly not enough for the email function to determine that the size bypass limit was clear...

When you attempt to send an email that has photo attachments, a menu pops up that asks the user what size they would like to use. Small/Medium/Large/Original. Your mother tapped "small" and sent the email. She would need to send Original, but to do that her mail service would have to allow attachments that large and your mail service would have to accept emails with attachments that large. Gmail should do both.

that aside, im trying get all the pics and vids of Iroha slope to a computer storage file from her ipad. im considering the option of a data storage sim card (compatible to put into a PC slot) to transfer the data/pic/vids to from her ipad. is that even possible? im pretty sure there is a function to chose the image size being sent but havent found it yet.  i'll figure it out somehow when i find the right corner of the screen.

Plug her iPad into a computer. The iPad will appear as a "drive" on the computer. Open it. Copy all the pics/videos to your storage device of choice.

You can technically connect an SD card to the iPad using a proprietary adapter, but it's not worth paying for when you can just connect it to a computer with the charging cable you already own.

for some high tech features they sure do hide some useful functions/options god knows where. its rather annoying to say the least.

Considering your post history I can't help but wonder if that's just your luddite showing or if it's indicative of the current generation of Apple products software-wise. I'll just be generous and say it's 50-50.
Posted: Apr 28 2019, 07:53 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 hours, 2 minutes ago)
When you attempt to send an email that has photo attachments, a menu pops up that asks the user what size they would like to use. Small/Medium/Large/Original. Your mother tapped "small" and sent the email. She would need to send Original, but to do that her mail service would have to allow attachments that large and your mail service would have to accept emails with attachments that large. Gmail should do both.

Plug her iPad into a computer. The iPad will appear as a "drive" on the computer. Open it. Copy all the pics/videos to your storage device of choice.

You can technically connect an SD card to the iPad using a proprietary adapter, but it's not worth paying for when you can just connect it to a computer with the charging cable you already own.

Considering your post history I can't help but wonder if that's just your luddite showing or if it's indicative of the current generation of Apple products software-wise. I'll just be generous and say it's 50-50.

thank you for the reply N1. im not sure a menu popped up when she tried to attach the pics but i'll check it out today. its probably her icloud based mail service thats might be the problem as my gmail has no issues receiving full size pics from a camera.

i'l definitely plug the ipad to the PC and try to rescue the pics that way. LOL im still so unfamilar with the touch screen tablet tech that im used to having a traditionally shaped port dedicated to connecting to a PC. trying the cable to a PC sure does beat a SD card for data transfer.

as for the last point id say its more 70/30, my dislike is well known and the rest of the unknowns rise from me not knowing where all the functions are tabbed away (30). that and i just havent used many of the common storage features a tablet is open to ie icloud. surfing the net is fine but havent really bothered/tried to familiarize with the in-depth features. though i think her ipad knew that when i was on the trip. when i was posting my updates here it would red underline misspelled words and as me if completely misspelled words were the "right" way to spell a word.
Nerubian
Posted: Apr 28 2019, 10:43 AM

QUOTE (207 @ 2 hours, 49 minutes ago)
when i was posting my updates here it would red underline misspelled words and as me if completely misspelled words were the "right" way to spell a word.

Perhaps it's because you barely observe capitalization and don't use apostrophes in contractions. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by Nerubian on Apr 28 2019, 10:50 AM
Posted: Apr 28 2019, 02:12 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Atlaest I'm Abel to type the words properly half time, capitalizin and appostrophes are not my strong suit when it comes to writing posts on forum boards... usually I let the auto correct catch that and use that function,.

I got the pics from the IPad thru the charging cable and pc, now I learned something new and got the pics saved smile.gif.

LOL, I just noticed one hangover from my trip to Japan. I went to Canadian tire today for some tools, had to ask around for some rear shocks for my car, they wanted $120 per shock.... I thanked them for the info and did a very slight bow before catching myself...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 28 2019, 03:02 PM
Spaz
Posted: Apr 29 2019, 05:15 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Sensation! @ Apr 27 2019, 05:10 AM)
Most people like constructive criticism. Most people also cant take it.

One of the best ways I've found as a high performance driving instructor to make people receptive to constructive criticism, even if they don't want it, is to continually find ways to praise and reaffirm the things they ARE doing right. Not only does it make them more receptive, it trains them to target the things they're doing wrong so that when they get them right, they get more praise. People like being told they're succeeding and improving, and when shown they can receive that, they'll actively seek it. Nice and easy.
xiao
Posted: Apr 30 2019, 11:20 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Spaz @ Yesterday, 7:15 PM)
One of the best ways I've found as a high performance driving instructor to make people receptive to constructive criticism, even if they don't want it, is to continually find ways to praise and reaffirm the things they ARE doing right. Not only does it make them more receptive, it trains them to target the things they're doing wrong so that when they get them right, they get more praise. People like being told they're succeeding and improving, and when shown they can receive that, they'll actively seek it. Nice and easy.

Concurred, it's also important we lead by example, and use words only when necessary. Something that's pretty hard to do, but not impossible. Reaffirming the positive traits rather than the negatives is a superb start; nothing by force, nice & easy like you mentioned. It's not the end of the world if they fail, there's always next try, and the next, and so on .. until they get it right on their own happy.gif

Teaching sort of makes us realize how lacking we are as instructors, and compels us to better ourselves for our students, and those people watching us.
Nerubian
Posted: May 6 2019, 10:06 AM

For some reason the flip switch on my power supply cannot be switched to off anymore. Looks like some lock mechanism is defect. But at least it didn't happen on the "on" state.
Nerubian
Posted: May 12 2019, 04:33 AM

Oh geez, I didn't know you can turn off those annoying ads in bittorrent without uprading to pro. It's kind of self-defeating that they're deactivatable via the expert settings.

This post has been edited by Nerubian on May 12 2019, 04:34 AM

447 Pages  « 442 443 444 445 446 »