Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Wanna Try One Last Time

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

430 Pages  « 428 429 430  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 697,777  ·  Replies: 10,735 
> What Car Do You Have?, Pictures, Details, and Bread and Milk
Posted: Aug 16 2018, 07:17 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 13 minutes ago)
TCM Connection Loss simply means that the connection between the ECM (Engine Control Module, which I assume is also the source of all your OBDII diagnostic codes) and the TCM (the transmission control module, essentially the computer that controls your automatic transmission) has failed. This could be as simple as a wiring issue or as complex as the TCM itself failing in some way.

However, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that your actual physical transmission is bad. From just the code you provided, so far all we know is that the electrical signal between the two computers isn't correct.

thank you for the reply. i have a 1st gen Fiesta with that transmission and as of 2014 the TCM had many issues and gone thru 11 TCM models, i dont know if 2014-2018 had any new revised TCM designs. i did find 2 very useful videos from a Ford tech on YT that date back to 2014 but changing a TCM or reflashing it can really only be done at a dealer for the most part. they didn't really provide too many repair options but it sure is surprising how many issues Ford has with the Fiesta/focus TCMs.

apparently there is only 3 grounds, battery neg to frame and 2 grounds lower down near the battery. any insufficient connection with the grounds can cause a whole bunch of transmission issues on the car. even a sufficient contact might not be able to handle the amperage if something might take too many amps. the battery neg to frame is only contacting thru the threads and there likely isnt a TCM->frame ground.

at this point my initial fear has passed and i just hope it gets dealt with properly without the dealership runaround. just gotta push the car to a place where the towing can reach it tomorrow morning. manually bypassing the shifter lever works like a charm to get it in neutral. i dont know how to get it done by the small access point as i gotta push down a bit and push it forward. removing the side panel of the center console makes for an easier task to bypass the lock. i still need to get to work tomorrow but i can still get there easily enough with my bicycle.

the transmission does have its design issues ie possible oil seal leaking and contaminating the clutches and the warranty is 80K km and i only put on 53 K km on the car. apparently the TCM is also a problem on first gen transmissions. there is also a TSB regarding the accuracy of the oil life monitor but im not too familiar with the exact details but it might be reading 0% in some cases.

there's only one stupidity that i cant understand yet. i gotta reset the oil life before i can start the motor with its current errors, its a non-crank state with the alert on. would the TCM also take into account the oil life of the motor?

This post has been edited by 207 on Aug 16 2018, 07:24 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 17 2018, 05:32 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (207 @ Yesterday, 7:17 PM)
would the TCM also take into account the oil life of the motor?

No.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Aug 17 2018, 07:42 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today, 8:32 AM)
No.

thank you, then it'll remain a mystery to me until i ask the ford technician when the car is repaired.
saltywetman
Posted: Feb 16 2021, 07:40 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,074

Time to revive this thread and see some more cars!

Picked this girl up last year. 2020 GT trim. Unfortunately the TRD handling package was not an option for us Canadians. Voided the warranty 2 months into ownership with header + tune. Aside from a short shifter, rest was just JDM rice and catback. Planning to get wheels and possibly brake upgrade this spring. Will be excited to take her to the track this spring/summer if the virus doesn't lock us down again!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1420 x 947. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1420 x 947. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by saltywetman on Feb 16 2021, 07:57 PM
Venny503
Posted: Dec 1 2021, 09:34 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 42,095

Here's my '13 86!

Build thread here: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146134

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2711 x 2711. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

QUOTE (saltywetman @ Feb 16 2021, 07:40 PM)
Time to revive this thread and see some more cars!

Love the build dude! Done right with all genuine parts smile.gif
I'm planning on picking up TRD fins, sideskirts, and a facelift 86 bumper.

This post has been edited by Venny503 on Dec 1 2021, 09:37 AM
davenunez
Posted: Dec 19 2022, 11:10 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,341

Did you get a chance to visit your local dealer? I had faced a similar issue and then I went to local dealer and they fixed it very nicely.
khat17
Posted: Feb 25 2023, 02:48 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

Member No.: 17,668

Currently a 2004 CRV. Haven't been racing recently. Settled down and family. Still whip a few idiots on the roads with it, because the majority of drivers here can't corner. I recall beating a WRX with my Civic some years back. Road race.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Lonnie
Posted: Mar 22 2023, 06:55 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,448

Have 1999 corvette rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Lonnie on May 9 2023, 07:05 PM
D33DO_R32
Posted: Nov 16 2023, 09:23 PM

Hell's Wyvern

Member No.: 34,541

Finally after joining this forum since 2009 I can proudly say I finally own a car

it's a Honda Brio type S 1200cc full stock happy.gif
binga67
Posted: Feb 6 2024, 03:55 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 53,830

Camry 2023, best suited.!!

This post has been edited by binga67 on Feb 6 2024, 04:01 AM
SrFast
Posted: Feb 25 2024, 05:45 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,843

I have a 93 Fiat Tempra!! It's A 2.0 16V with 127HP (In 93 LOL), today have a Megasquirt MS1, with flatshift and launch control. Some mods are comming, but nothing more today.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image

430 Pages  « 428 429 430