Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Speedman - Speed Lover

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
• Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
• Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 11,699  ·  Replies: 21 
> Sega's one Initial D game to one console rule?, possible release for PSVITA?
RIT_ninja
  Posted: Nov 24 2011, 03:12 AM

ざけんなよ!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 13,218

Seeing how Sega only releases one Initial D game for every Sony console, we can probably put hopes of the next Initial D arcade game (ID6?) on the PSVITA. With its strong infrastructure for online gaming, this may be the key to successfully make ID6 portable more desirable, being able to play online as well as team battles.

A lot has changed since 2005, the last release of a portable Initial D game, Street Stage. The PSP game only allowed Wifi gameplay with people using xlink to play online unofficially supported. Back in the days, we were still playing ID3 in the arcades. The graphics have drastically changed and since the release of ID4 in 2007, we see the beginning of online gaming for IDAS.

If Sega does make an Initial D arcade port for the PSVITA, I hope its gonna have a story mode. My favorite home console Initial D game up to this day is still Special Stage
Vile
Posted: Nov 24 2011, 08:18 PM

IDW's Furfag

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,586

Its glad to see someone else knows Sega's Initial D Arcade port released one per console.

Well I really am just looking forward to any releases for the consoles. Due to having to be able to use a wheel unlike a portable.
DesDevious
Posted: Dec 1 2011, 10:01 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,136

Hope this does come true!!!!!
TB_InuYasha_X
Posted: Dec 21 2011, 08:16 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 30,206

Man... They love making people drop some serious cash, don't they? lol.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 12:13 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Even though I plan to get a Vita eventually. I really really realllllly hope it doesn't come out for it.

Street Stage should've been on PS2 and ID6AA needs to be on PS3. Street Stage at least had good controls. If they port ID6AA to Vita then it better have good controls too. Just saying this because Extreme Stage was unforgiving if you had a controller. Pretty much made it so that you needed a wheel. So yeah.. if it comes out for Vita it better have good analog stick controls. Extreme Stage has problems with snapping back from over steer. Which.. well.. happens 99% of the time in that game.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Mar 14 2012, 12:14 PM
RIT_ninja
  Posted: Mar 17 2012, 12:12 PM

ざけんなよ!

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ Mar 14 2012, 12:13 PM)
Even though I plan to get a Vita eventually. I really really realllllly hope it doesn't come out for it.

Street Stage should've been on PS2 and ID6AA needs to be on PS3. Street Stage at least had good controls. If they port ID6AA to Vita then it better have good controls too. Just saying this because Extreme Stage was unforgiving if you had a controller. Pretty much made it so that you needed a wheel. So yeah.. if it comes out for Vita it better have good analog stick controls. Extreme Stage has problems with snapping back from over steer. Which.. well.. happens 99% of the time in that game.

Extreme stage was a fucked up game because it had IDAS4 1.5 physics, the ridge racer Initial D game.

I was hoping Street Stage would get a PSN download for VITA, but no, it's not even on the UMD passport list, so it's 100% impossible to play street stage on Vita until it's hacked
xan2116
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 12:26 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,023

Although i do like the looks of the Vita, it doesn't really have many games that i really care about whereas the PSP still are being released, so there's no reason to upgrade. But if Initial D did come out for the Vita i would buy one on the day it's announced. I still play street/special stage and trying to borrow a PS3 for a while to get extreme stage. But i do prefer it on a larger screen, would love to try it with a wheel though.
StephanCTR
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 03:19 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,044

Yeah, PS Vita Initial D port would be fantastic, especially when the machine is region free again (unlike 3DS). But in therms of graphics, I suppose it would look almost exaclty like Extreme Stage, so it would have to offer enough new content and challenges. And good handling too.

This post has been edited by StephanCTR on Apr 17 2012, 03:20 AM
-VIRUS-
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 08:11 AM

Team Kenagi 4 life/ Team Amaya

Member No.: 6,643

if the game is like version 6 on the vita. good brake caneling on the vita
buntaplaysminecraft
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 11:10 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,701

I would love Sega to port Inital D 6AA to the Vita. I would buy a Vita just to play that game just like I did with Initial D Street Stage and the PSP. I'm hoping that Sega will make an exact port with online multiplayer unlike Street Stage. I really do like Street Stage, but, it was a little dissappointing when I first played it. It was supposed to be a port of Ver. 3 but it was missing Miki and Akina Snow, some Eurobeat songs, and the difficulty was lowered because of the PSP's controls. There was multiplayer in that game, but, only local and no online. I have my fingers crossed that Sega won't make that mistake again, if there is another Initial D game. I'm Hopeful it'll be like Special Stage, a good port of the game plus extra goodies!
-VIRUS-
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 01:22 PM

i wish they would make version 5 or 6 for the ps3.
TB_InuYasha_X
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 05:33 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 30,206

QUOTE (-VIRUS- @ Yesterday, 1:22 PM)

You and me both...

Does Sega know how strong the American fan-base is for Initial D? >_<
-VIRUS-
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 01:14 PM

probably not cause the dont make english versions anymore after 4 lol. so there.
Takeshi Nakazato
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:17 AM

ER34 <3

Member No.: 2,412

QUOTE (-VIRUS- @ Apr 18 2012, 01:22 PM)

+1, getting tired of IDES is my only source of Arcade Stage now
RIT_ninja
  Posted: Apr 23 2012, 12:47 AM

ざけんなよ!

QUOTE (TB_InuYasha_X @ Apr 19 2012, 05:33 AM)
You and me both...

Does Sega know how strong the American fan-base is for Initial D? >_<

fan-base is pretty weak in Japan already
most Japanese people don't know what "Initial D" is. Those that do that aren't a fan only know that it's a story about "some old car"
W.A.R
Posted: May 21 2012, 09:42 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

I would rather wait for the initial D series to wrap up THEN! Let them release a finalized version of initial D Arcade

Cmon guys as you already know Extreme Stage was based off Version 4 which is by far just Horrible...Terrible.

I just feel like the producers (Sega) are just re releasing a game that no arcade owner would like to buy. Lets say if I own a arcade and I buy 7aa....few very short years later 8 comes out. (And you know there will be a 8 due to the manga is progressing.

I feel like if they were to release a newer verision on console it would just be a waste due to the fans would be wanting for their newer update. Some people like Version 6 some like version 5 some...well alot of people Loved Version 3.

I really dont like extreme stage when I got it I played it for a good 2 weeks then stoped.

Unlike Street stage I still love playing it.

What Im trying to say is wtf is sega thinking they are up to 7 thats seven titles and the other versions feel just like a beta. I would rather wait for the last freaking version to come out and be like "Thats what I want its perfect" All the cars all the new courses all the good and perfected tweaks.

IMO and rant lol

This post has been edited by W.A.R on May 21 2012, 09:44 AM
Nukem
Posted: May 22 2013, 10:26 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,579

Has anyone heard any info if Sega is going to make a ID game for the Vita
W.A.R
Posted: May 22 2013, 11:36 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

QUOTE (Nukem @ 1 hour, 10 minutes ago)

Very unlikely that they will release a ID for a system that not that many people own.
Vile
Posted: May 22 2013, 12:09 PM

IDW's Furfag

Member No.: 30,586

Even if they did, Sega might make an Arcade Stage 8 in the near future, have the physics/gameplay to be as crappy as Stage 4 and then make that as a port to the Vita/PS4 to encourage consumers to just keep playing in the arcade... jk
Tessou
Posted: May 22 2013, 01:31 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Nukem @ 3 hours, 5 minutes ago)

No, and sluggish sales aren't helping chances. I think everybody that works with Sony is watching their handheld market with a very cautious eye. It's not really the notably viable market that it was ten years ago, especially with smartphone and tablet games edging in on the market share.

It's not like the 3DS is doing much better, either. ermm2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
RIT_ninja
  Posted: May 22 2013, 05:10 PM

ざけんなよ!

Sega could do so much with the PS3/PS4 and Vita environment Sony has set up like cross play. Too bad the lack of console sales prevent such game from happening

it would be nice if you can use your home console to play ID7 on the big screen, Vita to play on the go, and your smartphone/tablet to check TA times or msg friends on PSN

it would also be nice if you can upload imagines for car liveries like in Forza...that's really the only thing ID7 really
Tessou
Posted: May 24 2013, 01:07 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ May 22 2013, 09:10 PM)
Sega could do so much with the PS3/PS4 and Vita environment Sony has set up like cross play. Too bad the lack of console sales prevent such game from happening

it would be nice if you can use your home console to play ID7 on the big screen, Vita to play on the go, and your smartphone/tablet to check TA times or msg friends on PSN

it would also be nice if you can upload imagines for car liveries like in Forza...that's really the only thing ID7 really

The Vita is in that problematic sales cycle where there aren't enough developers making games for it, so the system doesn't have a lot to entice people to buy it... which means developers see no reason to spend money developing games for it, so the system has no games to entice people to buy it, which...

It's dead in the water already. Sony needs to stop thinking about handhelds as they're slowly dying in favor of tablets and smartphones.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project