Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing DJ Cryptomundo Party Hour CM 1

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

26 Pages  « 22 23 24 25 26  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 89,767  ·  Replies: 648 
> Evangelion
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Sep 2 2011, 12:33 AM

whut?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,453

They stopped production on the 3rd film at one point lol tongue.gif

Makes me think they're just winging this shit as they're making it. Really seems like they have no clue on what they're doing imo haha.

Eitherway they still plan to show the 4.0 one alongside 3.0 when it comes out.
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 03:07 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Sep 2 2011, 04:33 AM)
They stopped production on the 3rd film at one point lol tongue.gif

Makes me think they're just winging this shit as they're making it. Really seems like they have no clue on what they're doing imo haha.

Eitherway they still plan to show the 4.0 one alongside 3.0 when it comes out.

It reminds me of the release schedule for the Macross Zero OVAs, felt like it took forever for each episode to come out.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 12 2013, 02:43 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

It's sad that the forum is reminding me that this thread is 495 days old. Then again it makes sense; there are years between each of the new films and not much news in between. So here we go, an update. First off, the third Rebuild movie is in theaters over in Japan and seems to be doing well for itself. There's only two officially announced international releases I know of (those being Australia and Estonia). Great. Well fortunately some brave soul pulled a Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (holy crap I just typed 'Haruhi Miku' there) and recorded it. Then another awesome individual cropped/adjusted the frame and used a more complete audio track and put in the part at the beginning that was missing as well as full English subtitles. The subs aren't great but it's a camrip so whatever.

Point being, I've finally seen Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0: Q You can (not) redo. Well, except you apparently can since it's Evangelion all over again but that's kind of a moot point. Without spoiling the film itself, let me just do what I did for the Madoka movie and Flight and give you guys a short, sweet, spoiler-free blurb so you can decide what to do if you find yourself with the chance to pony up some dough and see the film. Ready? Here we go.

SPOILER

Okay! So with that out of the way, on to the movie itself.

SPOILER

Oh, and fun little tidbit that blew my mind because I didn't know it until just now. You know the Dummy Plug sequence in 2.0/2.22? The funky techno noise the plug makes when it activates? Yeah well, check this out:

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFmOI2Zi76g )

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Apr 24 2013, 06:36 PM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 23 2013, 04:19 PM

ShiMACHaze

Shut up, I know it's as many days old as there are dalmations. Just wanted to update and say that the home video release is out, which as expected is 3.33. A proper subtitled version should be out by the weekend. No doubt UTW has an entire team dedicated to speeding the hell out of the subs, especially since the bluray rips we already have included Japanese subtitles for the entire film. Super win-win.

Watched it raw myself, though, and while yes there are minor script changes and such the home video release does not resolve any of the issues I had with the film as mentioned in my post above. So in case anyone was wondering if 3.33 would magically turn 3.0 into a good film... no. It doesn't. laugh2.gif

See you next year!

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. Re-reading my critique of 3.0, 3.33 does answer a single question. Just one. Here it is. Spoilers!

SPOILER

That's all though. Everything else I said before still stands. I have a bad feeling that a lof of the 2.0/3.0 gaps won't be explained by 4.0 either. Ugh... facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Apr 23 2013, 04:30 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 23 2013, 10:16 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

I borrowed 2.22 from a friend and I went through the first two movies over the weekend to get pumped for 3.33, and now you're saying that it isn't much of an improvement from 3.0? Man this is a load of bullocks! Well at least I got to watch both of them again. Is there a date for the release of 4.0? Or are they being vague and saying 'SOMETIME NEXT YEAR!'?
Seri
Posted: Apr 24 2013, 02:42 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Is it still better than congratulations?

I'll still probably watch it either way.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by KyoukoFD3S on Apr 24 2013, 02:48 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 24 2013, 06:02 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 7 hours, 42 minutes ago)
I borrowed 2.22 from a friend and I went through the first two movies over the weekend to get pumped for 3.33, and now you're saying that it isn't much of an improvement from 3.0? Man this is a load of bullocks! Well at least I got to watch both of them again. Is there a date for the release of 4.0? Or are they being vague and saying 'SOMETIME NEXT YEAR!'?

Originally, 4.0 was announced for 2013. Then the official site updated and removed the date. Therefore we have no idea whatsoever when it'll be out in theaters. Could be 2014. Could be 2015. Could be 2020. We don't know.

QUOTE (KyoukoFD3S @ 3 hours, 16 minutes ago)
Is it still better than congratulations?

I'll still probably watch it either way.

It's only better if you ignore the existence of End of Evangelion. If you agree that End of Evangelion exists then no, it is not yet better than the TV canon. Story-wise, anyway. Action and graphics and such, sure, it's better...but 3.33's story leaves a lot to be desired.

My recommendation, as I mentioned originally after seeing the theatrical release of 3.0, is to grab the bluray of 3.33 then just wait. Don't watch it. Lock it into a safe that will only open in 2014 or something. Just wait until 4.0 is out. Once 4.0 is out and you can go watch it, pop open your copy of 3.33 and watch it before heading to the theater. That way you'll get the full experience.
Rudy
Posted: Apr 24 2013, 01:57 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 24 2013, 02:39 PM

ShiMACHaze

Seriously. laugh2.gif

Oh, something else I didn't notice until I went to rewatch the first two films (or flick through them for the cool bits, anyway). 1.11 and 2.22 are both 16:9, which on the bluray is 1920x1080. Same resolution as my TV and the same aspect ratio as any HDTV on the market. Cool? Cool.

Well I hadn't noticed because I flicked through it on my monitor (which is 16:10, so I'm used to seeing black bars on 16:9 content) but 3.33 is not 16:9. It's 2.35:1, which is smaller than 16:9. This flies in the face of the preview clip they had broadcast on TV (which was 9 minutes at 1280x720, which is 16:9) and indeed the aspect ratios of the first two films. Why they decided to go with a 35mm film aspect ratio instead of the 16:9 aspect they've been using this whole time, not a clue.

Sigh.

EDIT: I rewatched 1.11 today for the hell of it and during the preview for 2.0 I caught a single line by Misato that forces me to change one of my comments above. While I don't recall it being mentioned in 2.22 (I'll be flipping through to find out for sure) the preview at the end of 1.11 mentions that EVA-04 befell the same fate as it had in the TV series. That is, it was vaporized. It still doesn't explain what happened to EVA-07 or anything else, but one less 'mystery' I suppose.

EDIT 2: Yup, just flipped through 2.22 and sure enough, SEELE mentions losing EVA-04. Kay. Well what the hell happened to EVA-07 and EVAs 10-12!? facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Apr 24 2013, 06:38 PM
Rudy
Posted: Apr 25 2013, 02:02 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 25 2013, 02:14 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 11 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
So you're saying I'm best off just waiting until the final movie next year.

I haven't even seen 2.02 yet. >_<

If it comes out next year. It would be awesome if it did, but... well... I mean look at when 1.0 came out. That was September 2007. It's April 2013 and we only just got 3.33.

Also, you mean 2.22. It goes like this:

1.0: First Movie, Theatrical Release
1.01: First Movie, Initial DVD Release
1.11: First Movie, BD Release/Follow-up DVD Release
2.0: Second Movie, Theatrical Release
2.22: Second Movie, DVD/BD Release
3.0: Third Movie, Theatrical Release
3.33: Third Movie, DVD/BD Release

Also, for those few folks here hoping that 3.33 will get subtitled and all that goodness here's a status page from UTW. You may or may not be able to access it since thousands of other Eva fanboys are currently slamming UTW's blog server to a crawl but I'll link it anyway.

http://utw.me/2013/04/23/evangelion-3-33-status/

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Apr 25 2013, 03:51 PM
Seri
Posted: Apr 25 2013, 03:16 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 2 minutes ago)
If it comes out next year. It would be awesome if it did, but... well... I mean look at when 1.0 came out. That was September 2007. It's April 2013 and we only just got 3.33.

Also, you mean 2.22. It goes like this:

1.0: First Movie, Theatrical Release
1.01: First Movie, DVD Release
1.11: First Movie, BD Release
2.0: Second Movie, Theatrical Release
2.22: Second Movie, DVD/BD Release
3.0: Third Movie, Theatrical Release
3.33: Third Movie, DVD/BD Release

Also, for those few folks here hoping that 3.33 will get subtitled and all that goodness here's a status page from UTW. You may or may not be able to access it since thousands of other Eva fanboys are currently slamming UTW's blog server to a crawl but I'll link it anyway.

http://utw.me/2013/04/23/evangelion-3-33-status/

Actually, 1.11 got a DVD release as well. *nitpicking*

Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 25 2013, 03:50 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (KyoukoFD3S @ 34 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
Actually, 1.11 got a DVD release as well. *nitpicking*

Okay Mr. Anal, to be perfectly correct the initial DVD release was 1.01. I will edit my previous post to reflect this. rolleyes.gif

(It's okay, anal is cool as far as I'm concerned awesome.gif)
Saint
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 08:11 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

Does anyone have the English subtitles for Movie 3? Any version would do, but the one I downloaded is about 1.4 GB (DVD/Bluray). The subs I have is missing in the front part. :/
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 09:17 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Saint @ 1 hour, 5 minutes ago)
Does anyone have the English subtitles for Movie 3? Any version would do, but the one I downloaded is about 1.4 GB (DVD/Bluray). The subs I have is missing in the front part. :/

I know it's a tall order but you really should download UTW-THORA's rip instead. It's a much better-looking raw than what you have and has proper typesetting to boot.

If by 'the front part' you mean the Ghibli short, however, UTW did not sub that and as far as I know no one has. On top of that, if you got your copy before UTW released theirs then you're using the shitty-ass garbage-as-hell camrip subtitles that suck nuts. Stop that nonsense immedaitely before you hurt yourself. Here are your new options:

UTW-THORA Subtitle Files (Cheap)
UTW-THORA 480p MP4 (Good)
UTW-THORA 812p MP4 (Better)
UTW-THORA Full Quality MKV (Best)

NOTE: UTW's subs are designed for a raw that has the black borders cropped out. As such if your raw is 16:9 with the black borders intact the typesetting will be incorrect if you go for the Subtitle Files route.
Saint
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 09:32 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

I thought it was weird that Ghibli is involved.

My issue is the front part of the movie, thinking it may be important to the plot (you know, like explaining what's happened... Wtf is that Eva floating up Tokyo IRL~ What the words are saying, etc). Since nobody subbed that, I suppose it's unrelated?

I just wanna know the story with decent visual+audio quality. Lol. Not gonna download 4-20GBs just for 1.5 hours worth of movie. Not that hardcore. tongue.gif

I've renamed the file, but I think it's also from UTW-Thora (812p). biggrin.gif

Anyway, thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Chidoki
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 10:05 PM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

Ya I decided to wait a bit before downloading any random one, just cuz that's how the wind blows with the impatient downloaders and the copycat torrents.

Right now I have mixed feeling of watching it, but I am just lazy about actually giving a review of what I think mostly. I'd still rather wait for 4.0 to come out first before commenting on what feels like an incomplete movie without its end cuz my opinion is still incomplete. For this Nomakewan's review will suffice.

If I am pissed off about anything has always been since wanting to see all 4 movies original planned release back in 2007 to 2008 in a span of 6 months when there was a lot of hype for it. But only to be ruined to not really caring as much and having to wait for 3.0 for 5 to 6 years and still no release date for 4.0 (the original plan of showing 3.0 and 4.0 back to back in the summer of 2008 never happened).

On top of that it's using the twisted Anno directing philosophy on film. Kinda wish the writing was more like the Sadamoto version like the manga, but what can I say, even I'm pissed off at the Sadamoto for the long hiatus he also has on his manga (and I thought he said he was coming back already a few months ago but where is that manga ending). sign.

In any case I don't even have any of my otaku friends watch this Evangelion, and I told them to just wait till all 4 came out if they decide to (didn't even tell my otaku friends that have never seen the original series to watch it). Except the problem is that's what I told them to wait back in 2007. Almost 6 years later...boo...
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 10:24 PM

whut?

@ Saint, just get the UTW subs. They've got a 480p version out now.

Saw 3.33, lotta questions, not a lot of answers and the film generally just kinda goes off and does it's own shit so don't expect any similarities with any of the past eva stuff. Even the previews at the end of the second movie didn't make it into the film (though that's probably because they decided to do this time skip shenanigans halfway through production). I'm a little hesitant to say that it's jumped the shark but there's still the last film left so I'll withhold on it until then.

Oh and it's Khara who are doing these Rebuild movies, Gainax isn't involved and frankly a lot of the old vets have left Gainax so it's a sad shell of its former self.

I'd say if you really wanted to watch the film, just watch it. It'd probably be another 2-4 years before the fourth one comes out. If anything, you'd have questions either way whether you've seen it or not.

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Apr 27 2013, 10:31 PM
Saint
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 10:55 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

bROCKoLEE: I've already gotten the subs, just the problem of the front part of the movie, where it's not translated (which is the case in all released subs like Nomake has mentioned).

That's some hell of a wait, Chidoki. Lol. It's been so damn long (2-3 years since I last watched either one of the Eva movies? I dunno...) that I never thought of Evangelion movie 3 until recently when I browsed through my DVD shelf the other day. Saw my Evangelion series set and thought, 'Hey yeah, what happened to that tetralogy?'

It's becoming a chore to watch it... :/

This post has been edited by Saint on Apr 27 2013, 11:00 PM
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 11:16 PM

whut?

If it's just the first 6 minutes and the opening fight scene then there should be other videos of that floating around that you can resort to.

EDIT:

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS26Hw9_L38 )

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Apr 27 2013, 11:17 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 11:25 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Saint @ 1 hour, 53 minutes ago)
I thought it was weird that Ghibli is involved.

My issue is the front part of the movie, thinking it may be important to the plot (you know, like explaining what's happened... Wtf is that Eva floating up Tokyo IRL~ What the words are saying, etc). Since nobody subbed that, I suppose it's unrelated?

I just wanna know the story with decent visual+audio quality. Lol. Not gonna download 4-20GBs just for 1.5 hours worth of movie. Not that hardcore. tongue.gif

I've renamed the file, but I think it's also from UTW-Thora (812p). biggrin.gif

Anyway, thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

The easiest way to tell if it's from UTW is one of the lines at the very beginning of the film. EVA-02 is kicking at an enemy that just popped out of nowhere. On a rip that doesn't have the Ghibli film it's at around 5:56. With the Ghibli film intact that would be around 16:12ish.

Camrip Subs: Gotta do a core block!
UTW Subs: Gotta destroy the core block!

As far as I know the Ghibli film is semi-related. It's in the same universe, but there's nothing as far as I could tell to indicate the actual time period. Here's a rough outline of the story from when I watched it.

SPOILER

@Chidoki: It's okay, I know how you feel. I honestly want to see Studio Khara go make a back-room deal with Studio Kimigabuchi to make a new Evangelion film. RE:TAKE would make a perfect conclusion to the original story. cool.gif

@bROCKoLEE: Holy shit you just answered a HUGE question--while Evangelion leaving questions isn't anything new, you just explained to me exactly why I felt so betrayed by 3.0. I just went back to be sure and yeah, the preview for Q at the end of 2.22 shows everything that happened between the end of 2.22 and the beginning of 3.33...yet 3.33 has nothing from the preview. No wonder. No freaking wonder. Wow. That's just... wow. Now I'm not so sure 4.0 will be able to answer all my questions. Will they really flash back? Will they really delve into that story? I'm not so sure anymore. crying2.gif

Dammit now I'm depressed...

EDIT: Dammit you two posted again while I was typing that. bROCKoLEE you haven't seen the bluray yet I'm guessing (or you patiently waited for UTW and didn't see the original raws) and therefore have no clue what Saint's talking about. He has the whole movie. The whole movie, including a ten-minute clip created by Studio Ghibli which UTW cut out of their raw and did not translate. I translated the juicy stuff in my spoiler above.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Apr 27 2013, 11:39 PM
Saint
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 11:43 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

A massive calamity in the shape of a person came down from the sky. That much we understood instinctively. Fear itself is the true form of any God. That is why humanity continues to cause suffering unto itself and joins hands with those who take lives. They drop to their knees. They beg. They pray.

That's. Just. Beautiful! :')

Thanks for the translation, man. w00t2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 11:54 PM

ShiMACHaze

Not a problem. No thanks to you, after I realized I'd bothered to translate the entire second half... I figured what the hell and am in the process of translating the beginning too. The only problem is that my typesetter is currently sleeping and has no idea I'm about to spring this project on him. laugh2.gif

When I release it'll be as a single file--that is, just the Ghibli film by itself. It should only be a hundred or so megs. If UTW won't do it, I will!
Saint
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 11:58 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

I think that'd be great. I would watch with that subs for another round. Haha.
Chidoki
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 12:18 AM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

All hail the power of the great One/WAN worship.gif , corny pun if ya translate that Ghibli. That summary did got me curious about wanting to see it. RE:TAKE would definitely have been a good conclusion. I would have wanted Angelic Days but then again that became a standalone for the original series episode 26 (if only they animated it all)

26 Pages  « 22 23 24 25 26