Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Super Eurobeat Presents - Initial D ~Hyper Mega Mix~

Views: 3,547  ·  Replies: 10 
> [FANFIC] Skyline War Machine, A little something for you NightKids fans.
Drew
  Posted: Jun 30 2008, 02:37 PM

Bought not Built

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,733

Well, since ProjectD Vs Team Washu has such long updates, I've decided to start writing another piece of work that I can write during the dwon-time between chapters.

It's set during 2nd Stage-3rd Stage, and it focuses around Nakazato and Shingo. Nothing too extreme here, (IE, 1000-horsepower uber-cars, ridiculous superpowers, strange new characters, etc.) just a classic ID fic based entirely on ID characters.

Enjoy.

Chapter 1: God Foot

It was around ten o’clock PM on a Sunday night at Mt. Myougi. As usual, the local bad boy team, the NightKids, was doing a group test & tune. The team’s fearless crash magnet Takeshi Nakazato was helping a new team member out with the suspension setup on his Mitsubishi FTO. “Alright, Makoto,” Takeshi said, sliding out from under the front of the Mitsubishi, “The caster’s been reworked to hopefully give you better grip through the turns. I’d ask Shingo to help you with your FF technique, but his EG6 is still in the shop.” “Damn, really?” Makoto said, surprised that the downhill ace of Myougi touge was still benched due to the crash into the wall after trying to beat the local time attack record for a record twentieth time.

After re-working the suspension of the FTO, Takeshi got on the radio and asked if they had clearance to allow the young driver down the pass. “All clear here at the base-wait,” the voice said over the radio, “We’ve got someone coming up here in a hurry. Wow! He’s booking it!” “What is it?” Takeshi said, expecting it to be some local bikers running up the pass like a bunch of crazy hyenas. “It’s an R34,” the contact said, “And you won’t believe this, but he’s drifting that thing through the turns!” “No way!” Takeshi yelled, shocked to heart that such a thing was possible.

After a two minute wait, a bright yellow Nissan Skyline GT-R came up the pass and pulled in to the parking lot next to Takeshi’s 32. The door opened and out came a man in his mid-forties. “Wow,” he said to himself, “Myougi is sure one helluva experience. Shot, but sweet.” “Who the hell are you?” Takeshi said, “And why are you on my pass? This is NightKids territory!” “I’m not here to make war, Nakazato-san,” the old man said. Takeshi was taken aback by what this man said, “My name is Hoshino Kozou,” the plump man said, “Or as I’m more popularly known, God Foot of Tsukuba.” The look on Takeshi’s face was one of blatant surprise. “And why are you here in Myougi?” he said. “I want you to come to Tsukuba-touge next Saturday night, Nakazato-san,” God Foot said, holding his hand out in a kind gesture of friendship, “I hope you will make it.” God Foot then got back into his GTR, and began heading down the mountain. “What’re you doing, Takeshi?” one of the NightKids said to their fearless leader. “Chasing him, what do you think?” Takeshi said, “I wanna see this drift for myself before he disappears!”

The yellow BNR34 was careening down the hill at a lightning-quick pace. In his rearview, Hoshino saw the familiar headlamps of the R32 GTR bearing down on him. “His driving is too passive for a racing pace,” Kozou said, “He’s probably just watching my descent. DORYA!” Kozou yelled, as he braked into a turn and hurled the GTR through it as if it was a toy car on a plastic track that looped and corkscrewed like a roller coaster. God Foot then slowed down to allow the black R32 catch up. “If you want to see my ultimate skill,” he said to himself, “Come to Tsukuba-touge next week and I shall show you! SORYA!” He careened through the turn, seemingly breaking the logical ATTESTA drive train’s almost-infinite grip to allow a perfect 4-wheel drift.

“No way,” Takeshi thought, watching the yellow V-Spec II GTR drift through the turn as if it was Fujiwara’s AE86 Trueno, “Is this the true power of the GTR that I haven’t seen yet?” He smashed on the brakes after that turn, shocked at what he had just seen. “No wonder why they call him God Foot,” Nakazato said, getting out of his car and staring down the pass, “I’m definitely going to Tsukuba-touge next weekend and seeing what this guy wants.”
Meteor
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 07:34 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Hmmm. . .

A few spelling mistakes aside. . The start isn't particularly impressive. But having read your previous works, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Translation: MOAR!

Oh, and God Foot's GT-R isn't yellow. I think the colour was called Millenium Jade. .

Bah! Just call it brownish gold or something.
Holland Close
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 10:28 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,793

I thought the R34 was olive-colored. Lol...
Drew
  Posted: Jul 7 2008, 07:28 PM

Bought not Built

Chapter rewrite for great justice!

Chapter 2: New Rivals

It was a Monday afternoon. Keisuke Takahashi, the socialite son of Dr. Takahashi, hospital manager and world-renowned surgeon, just got up from the biggest party of his life. It was a celebration of the RedSuns recent victory against Iroha’s Emperor. That past Saturday, he and Ryousuke faced their greatest opposition in the form of the Evo III and Evo IV. The day after, the entire Takahashi household was a wreck due to the excessive partying that had happened.

After getting up, Keisuke went into his brother’s room to see if his workaholic sibling Ryousuke was awake. He was, but he was sitting in front of the warm glow of his flat-screen computer monitor. “Oh,” Ryousuke said, turning away from his current endeavors, “You’re finally up.” “Yeah,” Keisuke said, holding his head in pain, “You got a hangover, too?” “Nope,” Ryousuke said bluntly, being the straight, non-drinking type, “Check this out.” He turned the monitor over to Keisuke. On the screen was an amateur video of a Mt. Myougi run. “It’s Myougi,” Keisuke said, rubbing his eyes, “So what?” “Just keep watching,” Ryousuke said, hoping his brother’s attention would be stirred when he saw the amazing footage before him. From the right of the screen came a golden-jade BNR34 Skyline GTR; Keisuke’s least favorite car. It came through the corner, but the rear tires broke loose, and the familiar sound of screeching tires became present. “What the hell?!” Keisuke said, wondering if the car was a GT Turbo with GTR badges, as was commonly done by posers, “How the hell did he do that?” “I’m trying to figure it out myself,” Ryousuke said, “All I can think of is that this guy is at a level that can best may drivers on the pro-circuit.”

“Keisuke,” Ryousuke said, swiveling his chair to face his younger brother, “Have you ever heard of a God driver?” “Yeah,” Keisuke said, thinking of the legendary Keiichi Tsuchiya, “Like the Drift King, right?” “Exactly,” Ryousuke said, “Well, what I have found out about that car is that it was driven by an older man known as Hoshino Kozou, AKA God Foot. He’s from Tsukuba, and he apparently holds a few long-standing records on Tsukuba circuit. He truly is an amazing driver.” Deep down in his heart, however, Ryousuke thought that there were drivers in Gunma that might be able to beat them; and Kozou himself for some reason was calling one of them out. “Keisuke,” Ryousuke said to his brother, “What’re your plans for the next few years?” “Drive for a while until a team notices my skill,” Keisuke said, “Why do you ask?” “It’s nothing,” Ryousuke said, after hesitating, “You got work tonight?” The elder said to the younger. “Yeah,” Keisuke said, remembering his day job as a part-time mechanic, “Gotta go!”

After the sound of the 13B-REW died out into the superhighways, Ryousuke pulled up one of his spreadsheets showcasing a list of potentials for his next racing project. In bold red, the words “KEISUKE TAKAHASHI” were written in an Arial font.
To the left of the name was a column labeled “WIN/LOSS”. Keisuke’s “LOSS” side of the column ranked him with two defeats. Ryousuke clicked the two loss numbers, which brought up only one name. Also in red, but struck out by two lines, the name “TAKUMI FUJIWARA” stared Ryousuke dead in the face. It was only a few nights ago, that the AE86 was seen spinning out into the dirt after a performance that Ryousuke called the “ultimate bond between man and machine”, a performance that was released in the heat of some strange sort of frustration. However, someone said that they saw the car run late that night on Mt. Akina.

Ryousuke re-highlighted the name, and removed the double strikethrough from its distinction. “If the reports are true,” Ryousuke thought, “Then we just might have ourselves a downhill driver for this Project.” Ryousuke then opened up another document. This document wasn’t a spreadsheet, but a basic website layout that seemed to be well crafted by someone who knew how to use a computer. The menu had things like “Records Set”, “Drivers”, “Conquered Areas”, and “The Leader” on it. Under all of those, was another button that stated “Challenges”. Ryousuke clicked on this button. It opened a list of names. On it stated a who’s who of Japanese street racing. Ryousuke added a new name to this list. “God Foot” it stated at the bottom. Looking up the list, he saw the name “Todou School”. “That’ll have to be at the latest, a month into the project,” Ryousuke thought, highlighting it in red, “Now what should I call this team?”

For the rest of the day, he thought. Classes had already started, but no tests were scheduled for a few days anyway, so Ryousuke took the rest of the day to think it over as if he was writing a novel and needed the perfect title before even putting pen to paper. It’d seem like he was slacking off, with him watching Japanese-subbed episodes of Top Gear on his computer, playing PS3, or just sleeping, but this was serious.“I’ve got it!” Ryousuke said, about seven hours later, sitting in front of his television, playing Gran Turismo 5. He rushed to his computer, almost knocking over his bother in the process. “What are you running for, aniki?” Keisuke said. “No time to chat, Keisuke!” Ryousuke said, sitting down and clicking away madly at his computer. The only thing he had punched in on his keyboard, however, was a simple “D”. “That’s your big revelation, aniki?” Keisuke said, leaning against the doorframe, “I swear, you’re weirder than Fujiwara sometimes.”

This post has been edited by Turbo_Levin_13 on Aug 4 2008, 07:49 PM
Drew
  Posted: Aug 4 2008, 07:50 PM

Bought not Built

bump for great justice!
Meteor
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 09:29 AM

Gran Turismo 5 before Project D?

T-T-TIME PARADOX! *boom*

Keep up the relaxed writing. This is starting to get interesting.

Type MOAR ! ! For great justice ! !
.M.
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 06:32 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,224

QUOTE (Turbo_Levin_13 @ Yesterday at 7:50 PM)
bump for great justice!

i never get what the, FOR GREAT JUSTICE means pinch2.gif
Meteor
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 06:43 PM

i never get what the, FOR GREAT JUSTICE means  >_<

Click this ! ! For great justice ! !

This post has been edited by Meteor on Aug 6 2008, 07:15 AM
Drew
  Posted: Aug 21 2008, 02:21 PM

Bought not Built

Okay, I'm back from vaca, again, and here with a new chapter!

Enjoy!

Chapter 3: Nothing to Lose, All to Gain

It had been two days after the run-in with God Foot. Kozou-san told Takeshi Nakazato, a young GTR driver, to head up to Tsukuba within the next week. Right now however, Nakazato was working his second job as a grocery store clerk. He just got on the clock, and was coming from his previous job as a mechanic at the local Autobacs store. He was ringing up the bill of an elderly woman who seemed to give him a hard time about anything and everything. “Ma’am,” Takeshi said, with a sigh, “The coupon clearly states that you have to buy two pre-made bento boxes to get the extra 500 yen off.” “I don’t care!” the old woman said, shaking her finger at Nakazato, “It’s just a way for you stores to make money off the elderly!” Takeshi, who had been through this routine before, just sighed and went on autopilot.

After work ended later that night, Takeshi got back onto his Honda Ruckus and rode back to his first job to get his R32. “Hopefully Reiji-san got finished putting in those new flat-tappet cams,” Takeshi thought, driving on the neon-lit streets of the town, “It’s been one helluva day; I need some mountain pass action soon or I’ll go nuts.”

He pulled the scooter into the small garage, where a scraggly man was sitting under the hood of an idling GTR 32 Skyline. “Sounds nice,” Takeshi said, “Have you dyno'd it yet?” “Not yet, Nakazato-san,“ Reiji replied, wiping his hands on a rag, “But I’m estimating around 40 extra horsepower.” “So 420, right?” Takeshi replied, “Oh, and did you install the tires that I asked?” “Uh-huh,” Reiji said, “I’m a little curious, however; why did you ask me just to mount them onto the rims, and not install them on the car?” “They’re for next Saturday,” Takeshi said, “I was thinking about heading to the track.“ “Ah,” Reiji said in realization, “Well, have fun with that.”

Getting into the GTR, Takeshi felt a certain emptiness; it was only a week since he got the car back from his wreck in his Emperor-Night Kids battle against Seiji Iwaki. On his dashboard was the Night Kids sticker, flipped upside down and cut in half, serving as a reminder to never end up like a loser again. “Am I really doing this to my full potential?” Nakazato thought, heading down the freeway, “Or am I just a hobbyist?” Nakazato then thought of the week after Keisuke posted a new record on Myougi’s downhill. Only two days later, Takeshi beat that time once again. “No,” Takeshi thought, “I’m better than that! I can go as fast as the RedSuns! Hell, I can even beat the Emperor if I tried!” Takeshi then stopped at a light, “But I don’t know how to do so!” Takeshi thought, “If Only I could know how God Foot drives his 34, then just maybe, I might be able to get better!”

As he got up to the top of the pass, Takeshi saw Shingo next to his recently fixed EG6 Civic up in the parking lot. The big black 32 pulled in beside it. Out stepped Takeshi, and he walked towards Shingo. “Looks good,” he said, trying to make conversation, “Yeah,” Shingo said, taking a drag on his cigarette, “After the bodywork and re-paint, I decided to do a little work on it. Takeshi was looking inside his teammate’s EG6 to see what he did. “So it’s stripped?” Takeshi said. “Good move, Captain Obvious,” Shingo replied sarcastically. The interior was stripped. The carpet, seats and panels rear of the driver were gone, and in their place was a rollbar. Outside was also changed up a bit with a set of chromed and deep-dish 15-inch Work Meister S1 rims. “Not bad,” Takeshi said, “For a shitty old Civic.” “Shut up, Nakazato,” Shingo retorted.

“Shingo,” Takeshi said, “I want you to take control of the NightKids for a while if you wouldn’t mind.” “Why?” the Civic owner said. “I’m going away for a long while,” Takeshi said, “I won’t be back for at least three months.” “Where are you going,” Shingo said awkwardly. “Training,” Takeshi said, realizing why Kozou-san wanted him in Tsukuba, “Make sure you don’t lose.” “Easier said than done, asshole,” Shingo replied bitterly, “Good riddance, anyway.”
Meteor
Posted: Aug 21 2008, 08:39 PM

Fun read is fun.

I would like it if you posted more.
Drew
  Posted: Oct 20 2008, 10:17 AM

Bought not Built

Okay, I've got some good news and some bad news...

First off, the bad.

Both Project.D Vs Team WASHU and Skyline War Machine were destroyed when my USB drive went through the wash. I'm still trying to recover both plotlines, but this is a pretty devastating blow, if you know what I mean.

Good news...

I've got another fic in the work that I have been pretty seriously motivated about for a while. I'll post Chapter 1 up within the next two weeks with new chapters coming steadily for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to salvage both other fics, but for now, they're kindof on hiatus.

So you were all wondering why these have not been updated, well there's your answer in a nutshell. Sorry guys, and I hope that the new fic will make up for the delays.