Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - LET'S ROCK!!

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,896  ·  Replies: 10 
> Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire [3DS/2DS], Gen 3 remakes are close...
Drift Dude
  Posted: May 7 2014, 12:03 PM

That guy from Belgium

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 24,995

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGSON9tNq0 )

So yeah, it's happening.
Gen 3 is getting it's remake later this year by the looks of it. Nothing but the november release is known at this moment.
MidnightViper88
Posted: May 7 2014, 04:56 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

It's a shame when I can't be happy for new Pokemon remakes (If only for games that I've never played) but can only first think of "I hope those Hoenn fanboys are happy/Now they can shut up".

tongue.gif
Drift Dude
  Posted: May 8 2014, 01:56 AM

That guy from Belgium

That was also my reaction.

But I'm sure somewhere, someplace, the internet just exploded when this was revealed.
Phantom_R32
Posted: May 8 2014, 10:46 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I never really cared for Hoenn. I wasn't a fan of the amount of surfing you needed to do in those games. I'll still be buying this regardless though.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on May 8 2014, 10:47 AM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 8 2014, 08:46 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

user posted image

I'm so glad I got over Pokemon. I don't have the time or energy to put into that jazz anymore. Although I will say that I did like the Hoenn region. Everything after that just didn't stick with me.
Drift Dude
  Posted: May 9 2014, 02:58 AM

That guy from Belgium

user posted image

It all makes sense now...
MidnightViper88
Posted: May 9 2014, 12:22 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Today, 12:46 AM)
I'm so glad I got over Pokemon. I don't have the time or energy to put into that jazz anymore. Although I will say that I did like the Hoenn region. Everything after that just didn't stick with me.

I left Pokemon during the 2nd Gen with Silver and Crystal, and didn't get back into it until the 4th Gen remake with Soul Silver. Completely skipped over playing RSE and DPP because I was more interested in the nostalgia of a remade game, but not so much of a nostalgiafag that I would write off all the new Pokemon and game mechanics since then. Played the 5th Gen games with Black, and White 2, and really, really enjoyed myself with them. Playing Black for the first time was almost like discovering Pokemon for the first time, since there was so much new. It's hard to get that feeling with franchise games anymore. The only thing keeping me from playing the 6th Gen games like XY is a lack of a 3DS/2DS, which I have to arse myself to buy in the first place. But I might still...eventually.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 9 2014, 01:28 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 1 hour, 5 minutes ago)
I left Pokemon during the 2nd Gen with Silver and Crystal, and didn't get back into it until the 4th Gen remake with Soul Silver. Completely skipped over playing RSE and DPP because I was more interested in the nostalgia of a remade game, but not so much of a nostalgiafag that I would write off all the new Pokemon and game mechanics since then. Played the 5th Gen games with Black, and White 2, and really, really enjoyed myself with them. Playing Black for the first time was almost like discovering Pokemon for the first time, since there was so much new. It's hard to get that feeling with franchise games anymore. The only thing keeping me from playing the 6th Gen games like XY is a lack of a 3DS/2DS, which I have to arse myself to buy in the first place. But I might still...eventually.

I'm not a nostalgiafag by any means. I still find the new Pokemon designs interesting and everything about the series absolutely delightful. I just didn't, and I still don't--nor will I probably ever will again--have the time, energy, and money to put into Pokemon. I loved Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but I didn't have the time to put into it. That time constraint for me hurt because all my friends were competitive and had those ridiculously strong Pokemon. EV training takes time, I had no chance against them. And it was that huge gap in ability that killed it for me. I just didn't see a point in playing the game, playing against my friends (because they're the kind that will ask you to play with them) and then getting pummeled into the ground with every match. Sure I love how Nintendo has the ability to nearly reinvent or add new things to the series with every iteration. But I've just gotten to the age where I've stopped caring. I guess you can say it's the competitive nature of the game that caused me to grow out of it. The fact that with every Pokemon title that comes out now has in game EV and IV stat calculators just doesn't appeal to me. I'll still keep up with the news and acknowledge the game, I just won't take part of the hype.

Bottom line is, I still like Pokemon but not enough to play it. I've placed my heart into other franchises since then. Like Monster Hunter where everyone collectively hates the Deviljho and it's cooperative play. But all that aside, Pokemon will always hold that special meaning to me.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Venny503
Posted: May 9 2014, 05:38 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,095

I played Emerald for like, eight hours a day when I was younger. I'm gonna buy this.
MidnightViper88
Posted: May 9 2014, 05:42 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Ugh, EV training. Although I pay a hell of a lot more attention to stats and EV than I did a long time ago, that shit is just too hardcore for me, breeding pokemon to get the perfect personality, and whatever. It might be fine on competitive gameplay over the Internet, but short of that, the very small nuances just don't make sense to me. I probably consider myself...above-normail difficulty in that regard, just never EXTREEEME!
Phantom_R32
Posted: May 13 2014, 08:31 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Luckily it's a lot easier in X and Y. EVs can be obtained through the super training side game rather easily, and IVs are much easier to obtain thanks to the Friend Safari. It's possible to breed a 5-6 IV Pokemon within 30 minutes to an hour. Plus there's a guy in one of the towns that tells you what IVs are perfect on your Pokemon.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on May 13 2014, 08:32 PM