Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Susan Bell - My Only Star

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,972  ·  Replies: 74 
> Those little kids...., ...Yknow that dont actually play?
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jun 23 2009, 08:40 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

Inbetween ejects, I sometimes see adults bringing their children along to malls. Now dont get me wrong, It's endearing to play with your child and have some fun, but it seems irresponsible when the adult(s) let a small child just sit on the machine and dont mind whatever they do to it.

It's worse when the kids are left to their own devices; I dont know what it is that makes them so hypnotized by a small knob on the left side of the cab that they just HAVE to shove it up and down, up and down until someone tells them to cut it out. Such a thing is also seen on Battle Gear cabs; they would pull and PULL that E brake until their little arms fell off.

Should arcades be more strict with how children are unaccompanied?
Cultural background aside; it seems to be more economical to reduce unnecessary wear and tear to the machine than to get it fixed every time it breaks due to careless watch.
akira86
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 10:11 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,342

I know your pain, the kids at my arcade try with all their strength to destroy the IDAS4 cabs but the "real" players always help out and tell them to get off.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 11:33 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

the least arcades could do is put a signboard which says something like...

"please occupy this machine only when you are ready to play"

well even with that, it still might not work... kids are kids and someone who tries to keep them away (except parent/guardian) will be branded an idiot...
Tomo
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 11:51 AM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

controlling KIDS in an ARCADE?

you don't see the irony?
akira86
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 11:58 AM

IDW Expert Member

well i'd say the parent has to at least watch them and not let the kid destroy the cab by constantly shifting and kicking the shifter
stormfox
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 04:48 PM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ 5 hours, 14 minutes ago)
the least arcades could do is put a signboard which says something like...

"please occupy this machine only when you are ready to play"

well even with that, it still might not work... kids are kids and someone who tries to keep them away (except parent/guardian) will be branded an idiot...

kids wont bother with this rule since they wont bother to read it...
then again.. i'm pretty sure theres a bunch of teens, hippies, wannabes, young adults, parents who wont bother with that piece of advice either...

save the trees.

there's definitely much more care'less' parents around. they just don't care. damn annoying when their kids are making a racket in fronto them and they just look elsewhere.
LaLaLa
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 04:54 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,109

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 8 hours, 13 minutes ago)
Inbetween ejects, I sometimes see adults bringing their children along to malls. Now dont get me wrong, It's endearing to play with your child and have some fun, but it seems irresponsible when the adult(s) let a small child just sit on the machine and dont mind whatever they do to it.

It's worse when the kids are left to their own devices; I dont know what it is that makes them so hypnotized by a small knob on the left side of the cab that they just HAVE to shove it up and down, up and down until someone tells them to cut it out. Such a thing is also seen on Battle Gear cabs; they would pull and PULL that E brake until their little arms fell off.

Should arcades be more strict with how children are unaccompanied?
Cultural background aside; it seems to be more economical to reduce unnecessary wear and tear to the machine than to get it fixed every time it breaks due to careless watch.

My suggestion is just pretend to want to play that particular machine, the parents will immediately ask the kid to get off ( well, at least in my country). But then, the parents will bring the kid to another machine (if the kid is really so desperate to "play") and if it's WMMT3 DX ( in my country it's really kinda "hot") then another player will come soon anyway. IDAS5 is getting "hot" too. You can also tell them politely that they're not playing. They'll get off, even if the parents get angry, they won't say anything. I hope.

@ Tomo
Off-Topic : Nice avatar =D
Rei.G
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 07:15 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

while i was playing, little kids would run up to me and engaged the shifter.
and it happened to me at least 5 times=

i felt like chair.gif those little gnomes.

This post has been edited by Rei.G on Jun 23 2009, 08:07 PM
akira86
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 07:54 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Rei.G @ 38 minutes, 44 seconds ago)
while i was playing, little kids would ran up to me and engaged the shifter.
and it happened to me at least 5 times=/

lol that happens to me alot, especialy wen im on iroha Dh. kid would look at me racing then shift up and down like crazy making that run/race useless to keep going, only for points.
Soray
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 09:11 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 26,670

QUOTE (Rei.G @ 1 hour, 55 minutes ago)

lol... i`m speechless o laugh.gif laugh.gif
LaLaLa
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 10:07 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Rei.G @ 2 hours, 51 minutes ago)

I think you should tell them how you feel. Even if their parents are there. You paid for it and it's your game =D
Rei.G
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 02:15 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

QUOTE (LaLaLa @ 4 hours, 7 minutes ago)
I think you should tell them how you feel. Even if their parents are there. You paid for it and it's your game =D

i doubt they even understand what is A B C lol, they are like around 2~3 years old.
but their parents apologies to me though.
XiaoJie
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 09:32 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 32,722

QUOTE (Rei.G @ 7 hours, 16 minutes ago)
i doubt they even understand what is A B C lol, they are like around 2~3 years old.
but their parents apologies to me though.

but they are still kids..
their parents apologies to you, you must accept it..
for me i'll just ignore it.. but if they over do i might punch the sterring wheel hard and say stop it..
DigiBunny
  Posted: Jun 24 2009, 09:50 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Usually I see the kids doing this when I have enough time to be distracted, like course select or when Im texting inbetween runs. Whenever one comes up to the cab beside me, I just tell him to not do that. The kid, 9/10 will look at me for a minute, then back away slowly.

I'm not sure If Im glaring when I say it, but I probably am given their reaction. I've probably been using that look so many times it comes naturally refined to me; I wonder if that's why they dont screw with MY plays...?
LaLaLa
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 05:09 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (XiaoJie @ 7 hours, 37 minutes ago)
but they are still kids..
their parents apologies to you, you must accept it..
for me i'll just ignore it.. but if they over do i might punch the sterring wheel hard and say stop it..

Wow. That's really MAN lol. Sounds cool.

@ Rei.G

2-3 years old should understand at least the word " No" I think. Can't be that bad right?

@ Digibunny

You mean there are kids that are bad enough to stay after you tell them not to continue disturbing you? That's really bad...

( Sorry, I don't know how to quote more than once)
akira86
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 05:34 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (LaLaLa @ 25 minutes, 2 seconds ago)

You mean there are kids that are bad enough to stay after you tell them not to continue disturbing you? That's really bad...

were i play we call those kids demons.
Shirogane
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 05:42 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (akira86 @ 7 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
were i play we call those kids demons.

Where I play, there's a reason why they have signs on IDAS cabinets with glorified chips saying "ALL AGES" In white lettering on a green background. Same with signs outside. wink2.gif
dk369
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 08:54 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 28,627

i say put a cage or something around the machine. and when people who want to race ask the arcade attendant to unlock the cage. and then when your done racing you exit the cage and when the cage closes the cage locks just like a door. i mean thats the way i see it towards preventing kids from destroying the machine. i mean even when i play initial d and the other cab is not being played theres always some kid 2-10 years old messing around with the steering wheel or shifter. i mean if you dont have any money or any means of playing the machine GTFO and let someone who has money play.

This post has been edited by dk369 on Jun 24 2009, 08:55 PM
LaLaLa
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 06:49 AM

IDW God Member

WOW dk... Anyway, today I kid came up to my machine and started pressing the view change button and I crashed. I was like asking him to stop it like saying Hey Hey but he continued and then after that I put out my hand to stop him and I said Hey loud enough for him to hear. He finally backed off.

Don't their parents teach them things? Like Basic Courtesy or something. Like, I could be a gangster ( an angst-filled one at that) and he might get beaten up.

And you know what's worse, it's when their parents SUPPORT them. Okay, kids are irritating when they cry, and parents would always want the best for them, so they put them at one machine and CHEER for them. Parents want peace and quiet. It's all about THEM. Not US. THEMSELVES.

Like, how dumb is that? It's just a trailer infront of you, and you actually think you're playing? And when they do play, then they shift up and down which is stupid cos if they do that in the game they'll be travelling less than 100km/h all the time and when they lose the parents congratulate them...

This post has been edited by LaLaLa on Jun 25 2009, 06:58 AM
QAE8687
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 07:20 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,995

QUOTE (LaLaLa @ 30 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
WOW dk... Anyway, today I kid came up to my machine and started pressing the view change button and I crashed. I was like asking him to stop it like saying Hey Hey but he continued and then after that I put out my hand to stop him and I said Hey loud enough for him to hear. He finally backed off.

Don't their parents teach them things? Like Basic Courtesy or something. Like, I could be a gangster ( an angst-filled one at that) and he might get beaten up.

And you know what's worse, it's when their parents SUPPORT them. Okay, kids are irritating when they cry, and parents would always want the best for them, so they put them at one machine and CHEER for them. Parents want peace and quiet. It's all about THEM. Not US. THEMSELVES.

Like, how dumb is that? It's just a trailer infront of you, and you actually think you're playing? And when they do play, then they shift up and down which is stupid cos if they do that in the game they'll be travelling less than 100km/h all the time and when they lose the parents congratulate them...

Hahahaha... I love the read the last paragraph! That's totally a good joke for me as I've experienced that too! laugh.gif grin2.gif
*RAY
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 09:01 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 26,574

aiya in SG most of the machine is like 4/10 condition the most i give is like 9/10. so far it is the best machine that i had tried on this game. location ---> atrium zone x.

the best option and most unlikely to happen is to own 1 by yourself. this mean you got to SAYANG like a cat. hug like it your gf. laugh.gif
-ShinRei-
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 03:30 PM

The Legendary R Master

Member No.: 29,882

Yah, hate them as well.. dry.gif sad.gif
stormfox
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 07:14 PM

Underdog Nutcase

QUOTE (LaLaLa @ Yesterday, 9:09 AM)
2-3 years old should understand at least the word " No" I think. Can't be that bad right?

you will be surprised at how late some kids learn the meaning of No.
I almost elbowed a kid once..
he love to get up close and personal with the shifter action...
told him to back off at least 3x...
ended up almost elbowing him when running Nagao and he did the ghost sneaking in thing again... =.=
his parent still wanted to argue with me not being careful enough... =.= some POS parents. WTF!

the best course of action is to have some mean looking face such that they dont even dare to get close to yer... like say... Digibunny-style.. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by stormfox on Jun 25 2009, 07:17 PM
ultradd
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 07:44 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,193

@stormfox: wah, the parents wth.

A kid suddenly appear close to me is enough to break my concentration and mood to continue my game, but the parents usually pick their kids right away.

Kids that are already hanging in the arcade are alright as they usually dun disturb u when u are playing.

It is those kids that are passing by the arcade with their parents. eg, singapore TM Timezone, the machines are placed so terribly, almost outside of the arcade beside the hallway opposite the cinema. Kid just finished watching a movie, walks downs the hallway, the shifter within arm's reach, go play with it. I blame more on the machines' location.
stormfox
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 07:52 PM

Underdog Nutcase

QUOTE (ultradd @ 8 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
@stormfox: wah, the parents wth.

A kid suddenly appear close to me is enough to break my concentration and mood to continue my game, but the parents usually pick their kids right away.

Kids that are already hanging in the arcade are alright as they usually dun disturb u when u are playing.

It is those kids that are passing by the arcade with their parents. eg, singapore TM Timezone, the machines are placed so terribly, almost outside of the arcade beside the hallway opposite the cinema. Kid just finished watching a movie, walks downs the hallway, the shifter within arm's reach, go play with it. I blame more on the machines' location.

mmm... machine location.. lolx... AMK ZoneX the 2 machines besides the Jap drum game can rock to the beat of the drumming >_<... .cos they pretty much stuck the machines together metal to metal plastic to plastic...

sorry! off topic!

there are the shifters... then there are the leaners

they love to lean on the back of the seat...
upsetting the natural position and balance of nature...
causing an increasing rage each time the seat rocks when they shift around...
normally accumulating in to a piss-ed off snipe at them after the run is complete. dry.gif

This post has been edited by stormfox on Jun 25 2009, 07:55 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3