Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Space Boy

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,963  ·  Replies: 22 
> Bunta (not just a tofu shop owner)
LukeSi
  Posted: Jan 5 2018, 03:51 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,846

Ok so I'm probably clutching at straws.
Throughout the whole of iD (I've only seen the anime) it is shown that Bunta has connections.

What if it goes deeper than him just having connections.

Something I briefly mentioned in a fan fic I'm still writing is that Bunta is a development driver for Toyota.

Seems far fetched yes, but it would explain a lot. The engine that he put in the 86,not just something you could get easily.

So my theory is, Bunta is a development driver for at least Toyota.

Thoughts?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 5 2018, 07:13 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Best of luck with your fanfic.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Meteor
Posted: Jan 5 2018, 08:42 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

There is precisely nothing provided within Initial D to either support or debunk this idea. You can have the Bunta in your story be a Toyota test driver or a JAXA astronaut or an ex-Konami employee who became persona-non-grata after quitting Konami but saved up tons of cash, and it'll all work. But what actually led to his connections in Initial D proper will never be known unless Shigeno answers the question himself.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jan 5 2018, 09:11 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Bunta used to be a yakuza kingpin.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
kafz
Posted: Jan 5 2018, 11:06 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 49,367

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Today, 9:11 AM)
Bunta used to be a yakuza kingpin.

Tbh this is what I expected the OP to propose
Racer4WD
Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:24 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 49,436

Well,Bunta is friend with Keiichi Tsuchiya,so i can expect Keiichi maybe helped Bunta with car info and money to upgrade his AE86 to a more PRO-SPEC car since it has:

-Watanabe Black Eight Spoke Wheels
-Cibie Rally Fog Lights
-Forced Induction to 150HP
-TRD Modifiable Suspension for more Oversteer
-TRD's SPORT SEATS

Also it is a common fact that Tsuchiya changed his AE86 Touge car engine,which was the 240HP 4AGE-FA to the 175HP 7A with the 4AGE 20V top due to the 4AGE-FA reliability

This post has been edited by Racer4WD on Jan 13 2018, 02:38 PM
Meteor
Posted: Jan 14 2018, 09:53 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Forced Induction to 150HP

Forced induction means turbocharger or supercharger. The 86 has neither of those.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 14 2018, 03:08 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Racer4WD @ Yesterday, 2:24 PM)
Well,Bunta is friend with Keiichi Tsuchiya,so i can expect Keiichi maybe helped Bunta with car info and money to upgrade his AE86 to a more PRO-SPEC car since it has:

-Watanabe Black Eight Spoke Wheels
-Cibie Rally Fog Lights
-Forced Induction to 150HP
-TRD Modifiable Suspension for more Oversteer
-TRD's SPORT SEATS

Also it is a common fact that Tsuchiya changed his AE86 Touge car engine,which was the 240HP 4AGE-FA to the 175HP 7A with the 4AGE 20V top due to the 4AGE-FA reliability

Ignoring the plainly incorrect statements Meteor already touched on, got any sources for your "common facts?"

xiao
Posted: Jan 14 2018, 03:51 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Judging by his bad punctuation & grammar .. I'm guessing he's probably referring to a car he saw Tsuchiya driving in some random YouTube video ~ 🤔

Yep ~ nothing to do with Bunta except that phone call in 1st Stage .. #fanfic
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
cob44
Posted: Jan 14 2018, 04:13 PM

IDW Super Cool Dude

Member No.: 47,187

I just want to know how he got an engine like that.
Spaz
Posted: Jan 14 2018, 09:43 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Racer4WD @ Jan 13 2018, 05:24 PM)
Well,Bunta is friend with Keiichi Tsuchiya,so i can expect Keiichi maybe helped Bunta with car info and money to upgrade his AE86 to a more PRO-SPEC car...

I'm going to bite on this too... I'm going to go ahead and say that you've got that turned around, boss.

Tsuchiya, when stating a curiosity in Takumi's drifting, tells Bunta that he was scarred by his drifting in years past. While this isn't always true, generally the better driver will have the better setup car, as learning the two tend to go hand-in-hand. We see Bunta doing his own suspension tuning in Second Stage to handle the new engine, so I have doubts that he needs much help from outside sources.

QUOTE (cob44 @ 5 hours, 23 minutes ago)
I just want to know how he got an engine like that.

Plenty of ways, but typically that kind of stuff hits the market through auctions. Shops or race teams will close or go out of business every so often, and they'll either sell assets to stay in the black, or have them auctioned off under bankruptcy, etc. The Skip Barber school recently went under and everything was sold at auction, including their open wheel stuff.
Racer4WD
Posted: Jan 15 2018, 04:14 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 3:08 PM)
Ignoring the plainly incorrect statements Meteor already touched on, got any sources for your "common facts?"

YES,i have the source,here's it is:
carthrottle.com/post/weoyvpx/
Perry
Posted: Jan 15 2018, 11:14 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

I think you are confusing reality with fiction here. Just because Tsuchiya-san might have the same setup in his 86 in real life doesn't mean he helped Bunta in Initial D. At no point in the story did it ever hinted that Bunta received help from Tsuchiya-san.
xiao
Posted: Jan 15 2018, 11:44 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Racer4WD @ 7 hours, 28 minutes ago)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 732 x 470. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

★ Just because something is on the internet .. real it does not make ~ little padawan online2long.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 15 2018, 12:39 PM

ShiMACHaze

Not to mention the poor grasp of the English language makes me think that this 'source' is in fact self-referential.

Perry
Posted: Jan 15 2018, 02:23 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

I just realized that @Racer4WD doesn't seem to know that Tsuchiya-san is the technical consultant for Initial D. It's not a surprise that the 86 in the anime will have settings somewhat close to Tsuchiya-san's 86. It makes it easier to try out some of the techniques if the 86 in Initial D is based on a real life 86.

That's where reality bridges into fiction. Bunta is a fictional character, the purpose of having a real life person, Tsuchiya's cameo phone call, was to acknowledge Bunta's legendary status. It doesn't say anything about Tsuchiya helping Bunta getting those parts. Could the Tsuchiya-san in the story helped Bunta in getting those parts? Absolutely. But did the story says so? No.

The author, Shigeno Shuichi, is God when it comes to Initial D. His words are the truth and the only truth. He did not say anything about Tsuchiya-san helping Bunta and you have to accept that.
Spaz
Posted: Jan 15 2018, 08:14 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

That source reads like cancer.

Next.
Racer4WD
Posted: Jan 16 2018, 04:54 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Perry @ Yesterday, 2:23 PM)
I just realized that @Racer4WD doesn't seem to know that Tsuchiya-san is the technical consultant for Initial D. It's not a surprise that the 86 in the anime will have settings somewhat close to Tsuchiya-san's 86. It makes it easier to try out some of the techniques if the 86 in Initial D is based on a real life 86.

That's where reality bridges into fiction. Bunta is a fictional character, the purpose of having a real life person, Tsuchiya's cameo phone call, was to acknowledge Bunta's legendary status. It doesn't say anything about Tsuchiya helping Bunta getting those parts. Could the Tsuchiya-san in the story helped Bunta in getting those parts? Absolutely. But did the story says so? No.

The author, Shigeno Shuichi, is God when it comes to Initial D. His words are the truth and the only truth. He did not say anything about Tsuchiya-san helping Bunta and you have to accept that.

I know Tsuchiya-san is the technical consultant for Initial D,but is not possible to theorize how Bunta got the engine,how he have money to upgrade the car even if he wastes a lot on beer and cigar,how much money Takumi had on the secret account Bunta made when he started to deliver tofu,including other things
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 16 2018, 06:42 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Racer4WD @ 1 hour, 47 minutes ago)
I know Tsuchiya-san is the technical consultant for Initial D,but is not possible to theorize how Bunta got the engine,how he have money to upgrade the car even if he wastes a lot on beer and cigar,how much money Takumi had on the secret account Bunta made when he started to deliver tofu,including other things

The problem is that you tried to claim that your 'fan theory' is a 'common fact'.

Sorry kiddo, but those two things are mutually exclusive until hard evidence surfaces to prove otherwise.
Racer4WD
  Posted: Jan 16 2018, 08:47 AM

IDW Member

OK,sorry if i got everything wrong sad.gif.But again,why everyone wants to theorize who Bunta was if there's no actual info about him only with the fact that he was and still is the best racer on Akina and he became a tofu shop owner.People create theories inside theories just to fix their previous theories,and thats what causes people to either accept that the theory is true,or that is false.Or if you are a number 1 fan,you will always creates fan-fics,fan-theories or you maybe will start to think that joining the Fanbase was a bad idea

This post has been edited by Racer4WD on Jan 16 2018, 09:16 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 16 2018, 10:39 AM

ShiMACHaze

Theories are accepted as true when evidence surfaces to support them as such. Pretty simple.

fujito10
Posted: Jan 16 2018, 06:32 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 47,812

Hey, you know something? That sounds like a really interesting fanfic!
eatsuki
Posted: Jun 6 2018, 02:13 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

In the story, if Tsuchiya is friends with Bunta, I'm sure he has seen Bunta's true driving skills before. That means they ran into each other on the mountain pass. Maybe a chance meeting that bloomed into friendship.

If they met on the touge, I'm SURE Bunta would have been tempted to turn it into a full blown race against a top opponent of Tsuchiya's caliber. Or at least a semi-serious race like when Ryosuke drove at 80% ability vs Nakazato.

If Shigeno revisits Initial D, with a prequel or something, it would be cool if they had a race between Tsuchiya and Bunta. Shigeno could just end the race prematurely because of oncoming traffic, or just have that 80% ability race for fun, with the result being a tie.