Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Chilu - Feel Like a Queen

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

12 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 354,185  ·  Replies: 280 
> Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 13 & 14, Discussion and how to download it
fuji_tak
Posted: May 10 2013, 12:41 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,374

SPOILER
KobayashiMaru
Posted: May 10 2013, 12:57 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,759

I haven't had a problem with it and it seems the same people are constantly moaning about it. Just stop watching it if it bothers you that much. It would save you a lot of grief.

It's been a bit rushed but it's not the end of the world. There are older animations that are "worse" than this but are still enjoyable. Just take it for what it is and no more.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 10 2013, 01:02 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (KobayashiMaru @ 5 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
I haven't had a problem with it and it seems the same people are constantly moaning about it. Just stop watching it if it bothers you that much. It would save you a lot of grief.

It's been a bit rushed but it's not the end of the world. There are older animations that are "worse" than this but are still enjoyable. Just take it for what it is and no more.

Provide an example of something this horrendous that's enjoyable? I'm honestly curious as to what you consider 'worse' than this and 'enjoyable'. smile.gif

As for YEAH WELL I LIKE IT SO IF YOU DON'T THEN JUST GO AWAY, it's Initial D. We're on Initial D World. If it weren't for Initial D none of us would be here, myself and anyone else dismayed over Fifth Stage included. As fans of the series, we wanted to see more. We wanted the same attention to detail that was in all the previous stages. Yes, we wanted a new Anime... but I'm sure that if we knew it was going to be this bad we would have held our tongues.

I'm glad you can just smile dimly and enjoy it while ignoring the flaws, but that's not going to stop the rest of us from being more critical.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: May 10 2013, 01:29 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 24 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
Provide an example of something this horrendous that's enjoyable? I'm honestly curious as to what you consider 'worse' than this and 'enjoyable'. smile.gif

As for YEAH WELL I LIKE IT SO IF YOU DON'T THEN JUST GO AWAY, it's Initial D. We're on Initial D World. If it weren't for Initial D none of us would be here, myself and anyone else dismayed over Fifth Stage included. As fans of the series, we wanted to see more. We wanted the same attention to detail that was in all the previous stages. Yes, we wanted a new Anime... but I'm sure that if we knew it was going to be this bad we would have held our tongues.

I'm glad you can just smile dimly and enjoy it while ignoring the flaws, but that's not going to stop the rest of us from being more critical.

It's important to remember we are talking about opinions. The only objective errors in Fifth Stage are the accuracy issues. Otherwise, everything about the plot pacing and storyline is completely subjective, no matter how large a majority of people believe one specific way. If someone's opinion is that it was still alright, they don't have to say why they feel that way. Of course, it would be nice if they would so we can understand his/her point of view. So I too will be patiently awaiting the answer.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 10 2013, 01:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

Fair enough, I recognize I'm being somewhat... confrontational? Aggressive?

Still, I would love to know an example of what KobayashiMaru considers 'worse' yet 'enjoyable'. smile.gif
Seri
Posted: May 10 2013, 01:39 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

...Sasameki Koto, you don't have to live with worst ending anymore...
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 10 2013, 01:41 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 1 minute, 31 seconds ago)
...Sasameki Koto, you don't have to live with worst ending anymore...

Sasameki Koto!? You have got to be joking. Go watch Victory Gundam then come back and tell me that Sasameki Koto's ending was the worst. laugh2.gif Sure it didn't resolve the relationship tension and I see where you're coming from but no way is that the worst ending ever. awesome.gif
Heibi
  Posted: May 10 2013, 01:44 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 40,111

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37712281.jpg

I remember saying this might happen. rolleyes.gif And was slapped down, though lightly. Not by you though. cool.gif
Phantom_R32
Posted: May 10 2013, 02:29 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I read most of the Kanagawa Arc manga. So I knew 5th Stage was going to be pretty crappy story wise, and pretty boring race wise. But...

SPOILER

I still think Initial D should've ended after the Purple Shadow race. At least those opponents were out of Project D's league and made the races exciting. No one in 5th Stage were on the same skill level as Hoshino and Joushima.

I give 5th Stage a 6/10.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on May 10 2013, 02:33 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: May 10 2013, 02:47 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 18 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
I still think Initial D should've ended after the Purple Shadow race. At least those opponents were out of Project D's league and made the races exciting. No one in 5th Stage were on the same skill level as Hoshino and Joushima.

I don't think Initial D should have ended after the Purple Shadow races, but Project D definitely should have. Think about it, if Initial D ended there, we wouldn't have been introduced to Mika. There's still all kinds of things that can happen in the story. It's just that now, after having spent so much time on this boring stuff in Kanagawa, it's hard to see it happening. I'm confident it could be done, though. It all depends on Shigeno's creativity.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Ahmed1993
Posted: May 10 2013, 02:52 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 38,894

I give 5th Stage a 6/10.

I give it a 4/10 ( and that's being generous... ).
lynk26
Posted: May 10 2013, 03:07 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 5,290

As part of the "it's not the best, but I'll take what I can get" crowd, I do think some people are over sensationalizing some of the previous stages and using that as ammo to say that this stage is not as attentive to detail. (Warning: Manga Spoilers ahead for those that want to read it but haven't had the chance.)

SPOILER

Either way, you guys get my point. If we're going to nitpick, then every Stage made has had it's flaws. Whether it was inaccuracy, lack of attention to detail, or something else I haven't mentioned, it's been there throughout the anime. It's not something that just started happening in Fifth Stage, so that's why I think some people are a bit overly critical. Is Fifth Stage the best stage ever made? No way, but it is better than nothing, and better than waiting because even if we waited, there'd be no guarantee that we would get "better" quality. The way I see it, it is what it is, and I just enjoy Fifth Stage for what it is, for better or worse. As always though, you are entitled to your opinion thumbsup.gif .
Seri
Posted: May 10 2013, 03:12 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (lynk26 @ 5 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
As part of the "it's not the best, but I'll take what I can get" crowd, I do think some people are over sensationalizing some of the previous stages and using that as ammo to say that this stage is not as attentive to detail. (Warning: Manga Spoilers ahead for those that want to read it but haven't had the chance.)

SPOILER

Either way, you guys get my point. If we're going to nitpick, then every Stage made has had it's flaws. Whether it was inaccuracy, lack of attention to detail, or something else I haven't mentioned, it's been there throughout the anime. It's not something that just started happening in Fifth Stage, so that's why I think some people are a bit overly critical. Is Fifth Stage the best stage ever made? No way, but it is better than nothing, and better than waiting because even if we waited, there'd be no guarantee that we would get "better" quality. The way I see it, it is what it is, and I just enjoy Fifth Stage for what it is, for better or worse. As always though, you are entitled to your opinion thumbsup.gif .

SPOILER

Just saying.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Bejita
Posted: May 10 2013, 03:52 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 20,271

I think they're giving it a break simply to sell more manga. It's a great sales tactic. They pretty much caught up to it. I'll almost bet that the animation is already in the bag.
mikael
Posted: May 10 2013, 03:52 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 15,700

aaaa damm, nw wait to see with subs but...

SPOILER
smokenrowboy
  Posted: May 10 2013, 04:07 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 15,792

QUOTE (lynk26 @ 54 minutes, 48 seconds ago)

SPOILER

I agree with everyone. Every Stage had its flaws. But Fifth is hugely flawed.

My biggest gripe with Fifth Stage that Stages 1-4 had was REALISM in the portrayal of the car's dynamics. In Fifth Stage, cars slide everywhere in seemingly fast-forward. Stages 1-4 paced the cars' movements, showing mild subtleties like one car showing oversteer and another mild understeer, etc. Initial D concepts were always real "enough" to apply to the real world.

Fourth Stage did an incredible job animating God Arm's "in-between drift and grip." Showing the heft of the R34. Showing the subtle 'push' characteristics of FF cars like the EK9. Showing the 'handling-like-on-rails' of the GC8. The low "mu" during rain races. Building up tire wear throughout the race.

I understand the use of "teleportation" as a metaphor for the Fujiwara and "Keisuke" Zones, but Fifth Stage went super HYPHY with that shiznit.

I LOVE Fifth Stage as a die-hard Initial D fan because it exists. I would've gladly traded other aspects of the show for a more epic, intuitive driving showcase with the realistic car and tire dynamic models of past Stages. I LOVE watching the past shows, knowing I could drive my personal car just like they do. But with the cartoony world of Fifth Stage, that's impossible. I guess that's why my imagination and the manga will have to make do.

5/10. Looking forward to what look's like a future OVA.

No one is allowed to rebuttal my argument smile.gif

This post has been edited by smokenrowboy on May 10 2013, 04:11 PM
Baza210
Posted: May 10 2013, 04:18 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 25,752

Castle is a bad show that I still enjoy because it has Nathan Fillion in it. Fifth Stage was bad but I still enjoyed it because it had an FD in it smile.gif

I'm terribly hard to please.

This post has been edited by Baza210 on May 10 2013, 04:19 PM
haspieuw
Posted: May 10 2013, 04:33 PM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

First of all I am not looking for a argument here. But shouldnt we just be happy there is a Fifth stage in the first place? I mean Initial D has a lot of fans but compared to other anime, its very niche. Let alone it has to reach certain benchmarks to reach breakeven for the production team. - We do know seiyuu as being paid piss-poor, but Initial D has a lot of high profile seiyuus -

I feel quite sad for the production house who just want to a favour to all Initial D fan there outside. They did with what they had. All in all imo its just a fanservice for you all racing fans.
ItBMD
Posted: May 10 2013, 05:00 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,338

Wow, so many opinions. I know you guys are probably like who the heck is this guy. I'm just someone that doesn't post frequently (life gets in the way), but I have seen everything ID has put out. Actually when 5th stage was announced on 8/6 last year, I started re-watching the entire series from first stage. I've never read the manga though, and I think I will now.

But with that said, I am heartbroken that this truly looks like the end of the anime, except for a POSSIBLE OVA. I'm also bummed that

SPOILER

As I said, even though I don't post much, I feel like I've gotten to know each of you a little, and I enjoy reading all the comments a few times a week when I get a chance (this forum is bookmarked on my phone). As someone that knew NOTHING about cars prior to ID (and still knows very little), this is probably the tv show/series I've had the longest relationship with (well actually I guess WWE raw will surpass this eventually).

As Green Day said, "thanks for the memories". It's been fun. Here's hoping a possible OVA does wrap up whatever little there is left. Maybe I'll see you guys at the next event. Let's do something on the east coast in NYC! All the best guys, and I'll still be looking forward to reading what you guys have to say.
Seri
Posted: May 10 2013, 05:03 PM

Group Icon

I'm probably pointlessly hoping that all the budget went into the movie/OVA. But I doubt that's the case.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Lebon14
Posted: May 10 2013, 05:31 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

P.S The Eurobeat music thread has been updated with these episodes' music.
BurningRacer
Posted: May 10 2013, 05:56 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,861

First song from act. 13 is 'Face The Race', it's recorded in SEB 204.

Their staff disappoint me this time mad.gif
Lebon14
Posted: May 10 2013, 07:16 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (BurningRacer @ 1 hour, 20 minutes ago)
First song from act. 13 is 'Face The Race', it's recorded in SEB 204.

Their staff disappoint me this time mad.gif

OH SH--

Correcting this right now!
Meteor
Posted: May 10 2013, 07:30 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Just felt like responding to an earlier post.

For example, let's look at First Stage. As far as accuracy is concerned, First Stage completely rearranged the order of races from the manga. If you remember from the manga, Takumi raced (in order) Keisuke, Nakazato, Shingo, Ryosuke, Mako and Sayuki, and finally Kenta. In First Stage, Takumi raced Keisuke, Nakazato, Shingo, Mako and Sayuki, Kenta, and finally Ryosuke. Sure, in the anime it flows a bit better, and builds up to a better climax, but it's inaccurate.

Yeah, it wasn't entirely faithful to the original, but small adaptational inaccuracies aren't automatically a problem in themselves. As you yourself admitted, the rearranged races helped First Stage wrap up properly. And it did it all without leaving out any of the Gunma drivers that were Takumi's first opponents.

As for Fifth Stage, I can't really say exactly how it was or wasn't an accurate adaptation (I'll leave that to someone else), but if there really were inaccuracies, they aren't the main thing that hurt it as both an adaptation and a stand alone work. The real problem had a lot more to do with pacing.
First Stage was well paced and built up its plot nicely, Second Stage had decent pacing as well, Third Stage was also good in this regard, and even Fourth Stage managed an okay pace.
But with Fifth Stage, everything was simply rushed after the first one or two episodes. Instead of putting time aside for what few bits of actual story currently remain in the manga, the anime tried to get to the races as quickly as it could. And instead of letting the races play out at the same reasonable (for a TV anime) paces that First, Second and Fourth Stage did, it then also tried to get through these races as quickly as possible, even omitting stuff in at least one instance to make a race end even quicker (from what I've seen people post about how the manga tackled these same races). Things just ended too quickly very often, with little focus on the non-racing moments, generally little buildup for the races, and with racing footage and roadside battle commentary crammed together too tightly in little space.
And that's basically the biggest problem people are having with Fifth Stage as an adaptation. Not how faithful it is or isn't to the manga, or the lack of attention to detail some are referring to (which are actually mistakes in car sounds - already pointed out by N1 - rather than stuff in the CG, though I could certainly go on about the CG animation a little) but how the pacing played a good part in keeping it from being better.

You're right about those other problems though - First Stage's car animations (though I could still go on about the CG in Initial D overall - including Fifth Stage's - if not getting too long-winded wasn't a concern), the weird looking character designs for some parts of Second Stage, and the scenes that got left out throughout the anime so far - But they still don't make the other stages flawed on the same level as Fifth Stage turned out to be. The other stages managed to more or less compensate for their flaws. Fifth Stage didn't.
Yauma9
Posted: May 10 2013, 08:22 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,174

SPOILER

12 Pages  1 2 3 4 »