Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Manuel - Gas Gas Gas

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,464  ·  Replies: 51 
> There's a new car on the block!, Hey everybody!
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:18 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

Hey everyone on the IDW Forums! I just recently got into Initial D over the summer and I just found you guys one day looking for news on Initial D Stage 5! I'm excited to be here with other Initial D fans and I hope you guys are too! laugh.gif
Perry
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:23 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Welcome aboard, THE_HONDA_CG6!! I hope we get more newcomers like you who are looking for Fifth Stage news because we currently have extreme low forum activity due to drought of any new Initial D news! pinch2.gif

Anyways, welcome!
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 1 2011, 07:51 PM

Patient Zero

Thanks for the welcome!

How could this forum not be swarming with activity!? There's so much news flying around about the Initial D! With Stage 5 in the works, news about Initial D 2 (another live action movie), and new manga chapters! I'll breathe life into this forum even if it kills me! happy.gif
08TTGSL
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 08:05 PM

Eww evo

Member No.: 19,156

hate to sound like a killjoy, but if its as bad as the first liveaction movie then its probably gonna suck really hard.

anyways WELCOME!!! and have fun!!
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 1 2011, 08:22 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (touge_ninja @ 16 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
hate to sound like a killjoy, but if its as bad as the first liveaction movie then its probably gonna suck really hard.

anyways WELCOME!!! and have fun!!

Thanks for the welcome touge_ninja!

I'll admit that Jay Chou was a terrible choice as the lead for the Initial D live action movie. But Edison Chen (Ryosuke Takahashi) and some of the other cast members were great for their roles!

I liked the movie in Mandarin although I think it was originally filmed in Cantonese, I just have good memories with it. I watched it years ago before I was into Initial D because my dad told me it would be good practice for my Mandarin speaking and listening skills.

Watching that movie as a junior in high school and laughing at the fact that I understood the Mandarin that they were talking was really satisfying for me. I recently re-watched the movie in both English and Mandarin audio and I found that watching the movie in Mandarin is far better than dealing with the terrible job they did dubbing and editing it.

Trust me when I say that the English version of the movie is not the version you want to watch. They changed the soundtrack and everything, it's just terrible... Try watching it in Mandarin or Cantonese, it's 10X better in my opinion.
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 08:22 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,634

Hey, the first movie wasn't THAT bad.

Just didn't totally follow the manga. I actually enjoyed it though.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 1 2011, 08:31 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Yoshida Seiji @ 8 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
Hey, the first movie wasn't THAT bad.

Just didn't totally follow the manga. I actually enjoyed it though.

LOL thanks for the back up Yoshida Seiji the English version of the movie was ok but not great is what I meant to say.

Even though they didn't follow the plot of the manga exactly, I really liked the fact that the story line worked out pretty well. I mean look at Fullmetal Alchemist: half way through the original series they caught up with the manga and then they started BSing the rest of the plot till the series ended and none of it made sense.

Any how I'm really looking forward to the sequel (which I hear is coming out in the next year or two) because Edison Chen is recast as Ryosuke! <3
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 08:47 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG6 @ 3 hours, 28 minutes ago)
Hey everyone on the IDW Forums! I just recently got into Initial D over the summer and I just found you guys one day looking for news on Initial D Stage 5! I'm excited to be here with other Initial D fans and I hope you guys are too! laugh.gif

Oh man, a local guy! I love it!

Welcome!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 1 2011, 08:51 PM

Patient Zero

Oh man, a local GIRL! I love it!

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome Nomake Wan! But what do you mean by local?

EDIT!: OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! How's the weather in Orange lately? Haven't been back in a month and I'm just wondering because I'm dying out here in Riverside!

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG6 on Oct 1 2011, 08:52 PM
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 09:10 PM

IDW Goldmember

So many California members...

I live out in Santa Monica.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 1 2011, 09:18 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Yoshida Seiji @ 8 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
So many California members...

I live out in Santa Monica.

LOL don't you know CALI is the place to be? We got oceans, moutains, deserts, and any other biological biome that you can find on the planet here in one place! Okay, I lied. We don't have tropical rainforests..... (Sorry about the random biology references. Being a college student, your classes and life tend to blur together)

Any how I love it here in California, we have a diverse range of people and lots of things to do!
08TTGSL
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 09:19 PM

Eww evo

I actually have the chinese version with subs. Still i was disappointed. and damn i kknow right. well hope to see the majority of you guys when i move down there in a couple of months.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 1 2011, 09:26 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (touge_ninja @ 6 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
I actually have the chinese version with subs. Still i was disappointed. and damn i kknow right. well hope to see the majority of you guys when i move down there in a couple of months.

You didn't like the Mandarin or Cantonese track of the movie? Was it because Jay Chou was just a terribly stiff actor or was it something else?

Also what area of CA are you moving into?

Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 09:26 PM

IDW Goldmember

I'm moving out of California at the end of the year. f**kyea
08TTGSL
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 09:31 PM

Eww evo

Jay Chou is a good singer, but his acting in ID was beyond horrible!! Still deciding on either Norcal or go Santa Monica. i will be going there in a few months to go apt hunting.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 1 2011, 09:40 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (touge_ninja @ 8 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
Jay Chou is a good singer, but his acting in ID was beyond horrible!! Still deciding on either Norcal or go Santa Monica. i will be going there in a few months to go apt hunting.

Nor Cal and Santa Monica climates are opposites of each other, but if you're looking for a change in scenery then its great!

And I know Jay Chow's acting was way past bad. But that was his first acting role, I don't know how good of an actor he is now but why are you even paying attention to him? You should be watching how Ryosuke is killing all kinds of @$$.

I think I'm just really into the movie because--as I believe--to see Initial D a realistc series as it already is, transfered into the real life with the different teams from the First Stage is really amazing. I'm excited for Initial D 2 just because I want to see how far they can go.

**I also dig the cars and the costume design! :3
08TTGSL
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 09:50 PM

Eww evo

Well comared to seattle santa monica is a bit more better lol. but yea i just didnt like the whole movie. good effort, but needs ALOT of improvement.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 1 2011, 09:55 PM

Patient Zero

You're not one for the colder climates I guess? LOL

And that's exactly why they are making a second movie! I just hope that Jay Chou's acting has improved by now though. I think he's also directing it. How do you feel about that?
08TTGSL
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 10:07 PM

Eww evo

The day i watch that movie is the day i buy a ferrari...........

and that will be never...
sideways
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 10:09 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

I actually didnt think Jays acting was all that bad haha, takumi is just a boring lifeless character. Welcome to IDW
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 1 2011, 10:11 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (touge_ninja @ 4 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
The day i watch that movie is the day i buy a ferrari...........

and that will be never...

laugh.gif Oh you. I'm a firm believer in second chances, but since I'm only getting my info from Chinese websites I can hardly read, I don't know if any company is going to bother subbing the movie when it does actually come out. But we will see, time holds all the cards!

And you never know. There's lots of ferrari's here in California if that means anything..... LOL

Thanks for the welcome sideways!

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG6 on Oct 1 2011, 10:21 PM
08TTGSL
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 10:19 PM

Eww evo

true lol but theres also a bunch of people there from lambopower so its balanced biggrin.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 1 2011, 10:25 PM

Patient Zero

LOL generally California has a lot of nice cars. I've seen like 20 Porshes, 2 Lamborghinis, and a Lotus in the past month and I haven't even been looking for them!
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 2 2011, 12:25 AM

IDW Goldmember

I see a Lambo, DB9, and some Maserati every day, most of the cars in my apartment complex are nice.

But yeah, just driving around SoCal you see a ton of nice cars on a regular basis.
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 2 2011, 12:34 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG6 @ 4 hours, 12 minutes ago)
I'll admit that Jay Chou was a terrible choice as the lead for the Initial D live action movie. But Edison Chen (Ryosuke Takahashi) and some of the other cast members were great for their roles!

Hey I think we are going to get along well tongue.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3