Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing move - around the world (Dave Rodgers Remix)

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 12,899  ·  Replies: 114 
> Voracious Subaru STI WRX (GDB)
Tessou
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 11:15 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Tsyta @ Today, 3:54 AM)
The fact of the matter is that its my car.

All I could think of when I saw this post was:

user posted image

The whole wing thing you've got going is the best option, really. You don't have to spend money doing anything, because it's already there. biggrin.gif

And I also think wingless Imprezas look like moldy diarrhea. It's like wingless MR2s or wingless Skylines... they just look wrong.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tsyta
  Posted: Jun 13 2011, 11:55 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32,272

dunno about sonx but we definetly have meguiars here, infact another friend on FB recommended that one.

ill try some and see if it works with my paint, hopefully it doesnt damage it or anything -___-"

also this stupid cat in the neighborhood keeps sleeping on the bonnet and leaving grip scratches on the right fender lol, i cant keep the car unsheltered for like 2 mins even -.-"
Jardim
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 02:15 PM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 15,519

The wing that is on his car right now is the wing that all STIs came with in Japan (bugeye) The big "bookshelf" wing is for the "prodrive style" trim (bugeye) and non "Spec C" STIs 04-07. So he already has a STI wing....
Tessou
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 03:29 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jardim @ 1 hour, 14 minutes ago)
The wing that is on his car right now is the wing that all STIs came with in Japan (bugeye) The big "bookshelf" wing is for the "prodrive style" trim (bugeye) and non "Spec C" STIs 04-07. So he already has a STI wing....

I think this is just a case of "you know what the f**k we're talking about". wink2.gif

No disrespect, but it's obvious that we're talking about the big honkin' wing that's been a staple of the STi breed for over a decade.
Jardim
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 03:57 PM

LOL just being specific to his model. If i was to buy a STI in america i would put that small spoiler on it, makes it look more suitbale for the street/track rather than the african safari or some sweedish snow covered road.
Thereno
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 04:01 PM

Vote TheReno 2020

Member No.: 17,243

QUOTE (Tessou @ 4 hours, 37 minutes ago)

And I also think wingless Imprezas look like moldy diarrhea. It's like wingless MR2s or wingless Skylines... they just look wrong.

if done right with other mods, some can look good...

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 799 x 426. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 531. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

just sayin

anyways, nice car Tsyta. Personally, I think that car would look good on gold rota grids. Also can pull off the big wing look without having the "rice" part. Such as...

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1015 x 589. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Tsyta
  Posted: Jun 19 2011, 02:38 PM

IDW Banned Member

Might have a trade coming in for a BMW 318i or 320i Motor sport, yay or nay? lol
Mr. Shine
Posted: Jun 19 2011, 03:01 PM

Troll King

Member No.: 3,757

Only if it's an E30.
Fast
Posted: Jun 19 2011, 03:38 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,986

A trade for the STi? No way. Only if it's an M3.
Jardim
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 09:02 AM

Your joking right? trading a STi for a 318 or a 320? maybe a 330 or 335 but the least performing of the 3 series...come on...
DownhillFR-S
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 09:02 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,205

please tell me you're joking. Do not even consider trading an STi for a 318. It will be the biggest mistake you have made thus far in your venture in to the world of cars. the only BMW worth trading an STi for is an M3 or a 335i/xi.
Tsyta
  Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:41 AM

IDW Banned Member

haha i was trolling.

Front bumper paint and repair and side skirts touch up + missing STI fog light and sticker= $700~ all up, quite cheap imo it'll make the car look almost new again biggrin.gif!

Only big maint thats coming up is the 100k km service which pretty much is like a rebuild lol.

How do people like the current rims btw? yay or nay? they are only slightly curbed it wont be more than $300 fixing them and making them look like new, compared to the $1500 rota grids+ tyres >.<"
Jardim
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 09:01 AM

I love how like everywhere around the world 100km (62100 Miles) is considered high mileage haha here we'd say that b*tch is barely broken in!!
Spaz
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 09:28 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Jardim @ 27 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
I love how like everywhere around the world 100km (62100 Miles) is considered high mileage haha here we'd say that b*tch is barely broken in!!

No, that's high mileage.

I bought my Evo with 49k, I'm not happy at all with the 69k on the clock now.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:00 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 25,374

^ cmspaz, unrelated but did you hear about the Evo X owner who passed away this past Fathers Day in Hastings?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 02:09 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Jardim @ 5 hours, 7 minutes ago)

I agree. With the exception of my first car (hand-me-down Subaru Legacy that was barely driven), all of my cars have had at least 80k Miles on the clock when they got to me. It's part of the charm, I think. laugh.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:01 PM

Group Icon

It's not high mileage until you're hitting well above the 120k mile mark. 60k is equivalent to about five years of normal driving (drivers typically report 13-15k miles driven annually), which isn't terribly long. Then again, the typical amount of time between buying a car and selling or trading it is 6-10 years depending on the brand (in the US, at least). I guess 60k is the usual lifespan a car has with each owner.

I'm not a typical owner, though, so I have no problem taking a car and watching it roll over 100k, 200k, and beyond. I'm about to put the Mazda past 30k and I'm not going to slow down.
Jardim
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:27 PM

QUOTE (cmspaz @ 5 hours, 58 minutes ago)
No, that's high mileage.

I bought my Evo with 49k, I'm not happy at all with the 69k on the clock now.

Well, the Volvos got over 250,000 and it makes mustang kids wonder wtf is wrong with their car or why my 15G didnt fall appart yet. A lady i worked with had a 850 Wagon and last i saw her her car was going into 400k. I guess its all maintnance and obviously the build quality of the car from factory.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:40 PM

Group Icon

Considering that the world record holder for most mileage on a car (over 2 million miles) is held by a Volvo, I'm not surprised.
backalleyracer
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 05:32 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

my miata has 230k - same motor

my fc has 89k on the chassis

Every FC I have owned ( had 6 ) has had well over100k whistling.gif
Jardim
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 54 minutes ago)
Considering that the world record holder for most mileage on a car (over 2 million miles) is held by a Volvo, I'm not surprised.

On the original motor too.
Shirogane
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 09:14 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (Tessou @ 5 hours, 33 minutes ago)

Don't forget a Mercedes owned by a Greek taxicab driver.
Spaz
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 10:54 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (DeeezNuuuts83 @ Yesterday, 3:00 PM)
^ cmspaz, unrelated but did you hear about the Evo X owner who passed away this past Fathers Day in Hastings?

Michael Lomker was damn near a staple at our events locally. Weekly meets, he was there. Cruises and dyno days, there. Birthday parties, there. Turning a wrench in the garage, there. I bloodied my knuckles numerous times on his car. He was one of those guys who despite the ridiculous build and all the troubles it gave him financially and mentally he was always in good spirits, great sense of humor, always fun and uplifting to be around. The Evo community as a whole lost a good one, and believe me, we'll miss him like crazy. God knows I do.

The saddest part of his Evo story is that after a year and a half of fighting with hard cornering fuel issues on that car below 1/3 tank (which was purchased to be a track car), and even more issues with the multiple attempts to find a setup that would work, about three weeks ago he had everything squared away, the car tuned, and was ready for a solid season on the road course... and MAP's Proving Grounds at BIR is this coming weekend.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 05:06 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tsyta @ Jun 21 2011, 06:41 AM)
How do people like the current rims btw? yay or nay? they are only slightly curbed it wont be more than $300 fixing them and making them look like new, compared to the $1500 rota grids+ tyres >.<"

I'll get back on topic with this.

I think the current rims look just fine on the car. While the Rotas look nice, I think your money would be better spent on more important things like the engine right now.
Jardim
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 05:49 AM

Yeah, when your making a decent amount of power over what you have right now or you get a A/M suspension system then you upgrade the width/size of the wheels. The stock wheels were meant for the stock suspension and stock 280 HP so mod accordingly for a well balanced car. Or you can ignore my stupid way of 'balanced upgrading" derived from playing WMMT back in the day.

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 »