Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 0 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Supertonic Lady

Important Rules
This subforum has been marked as inactive.
For discussion on Wangan Midnight, please visit our sister site at wmexpressway.net.

user posted imageAll competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

Special Link(s): Wangan Midnight Expressway Forums (Sister Site)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 26,539  ·  Replies: 26 
> WMMT3 For Dummies, For novice racers!
bohemian
  Posted: Jan 12 2008, 05:44 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,998

Got this from threads in the Singapore VRZ forums, whose author got it from another thread in the initial-d.com forums. This is to prevent other posters cluttering the forums with easy question threads. Hope this helps! happy.gif

Basic Information

Official Japanese Release Date: 18/07/2007
Internet Ranking starting late August
Max HP is now 820HP/DG.
Card life is still at 60 games.
Story mode remains at 80 stages.
Maps available: C1 IB, C1 OB, CCW, CW, Hakone IB, Hakone OB, Osaka Hanshin Loop, Yokohane & Wangan Line (Maps are all redone with better graphics and slight adjustments.)
Features soundtracks from Midnight R, MT1, MT2 and MT3.
4 Modes: Story Mode, Outrun, Ghost Battle and Time Attack.
Ranks have been extended to 9 per class, up from 7. (ie C9, B9)
Now can display more than 4,000 stars.
Cabinet remains the same, but now powered by nVidia and Linux OS and DDR2 RAMs aka N2 System.

Cars
6 new cars added to the game.
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
- Nissan 180SX
- Mitsubishi Lancer GSR Evolution V
- Toyota Aristo
- Subaru Impreza STi (GDB-F)
- Subaru R2

HiAce and Corolla can also be transferred and tuned as a normal vehicle, meaning that bodykit and rims can now be changed in MT3 and you no longer have to stick with the default Namco decal. The other traffic car that can be tuned as a normal car is the new Subaru R2. The only traffic vehicle that still cannot be unlocked is the ToyoAce (lorry).

The hacked Gemballas cannot be transferred over. Tried and tested.

Fastest cars (820HP on NBL CW) based on stock parts - rest of the cars are not tested.

348km/h
└ HIACE

347km/h
├ AVALANCHE
├ RSR
├ 3.8RS
├ Z33
└ ALCYONE

346km/h
├ R33
├ S30
├ Z32
├ RX-8
├ FD
├ JZA80
├ JZA70

345km/h
├ R34
├ R32
├ Z31
├ EVO9
├ EVO8
├ EVO6
├ EVO3
├ MR2
├ FC3S
├ GDB-F
├ GDB-C
├ GC8
├ LEGACY
├ S15
├ R2
└ ARISTO

Unlock Codes
HIACE (at the time of selection adjusting to MR2, shift 3-2-2-3-2-2-3-2-2)
COROLLA (at the time of selection adjusting to JZA70, shift 4-1-2-6)
R2 (at the time of selection adjusting to SVX, shift 6-4-6-4-6-4-6-4-6-4-6-4)
Toyota Aristo Taxi Version (at the time of selection adjusting to Toyota Aristo, shift 1-1-1-2-2-2-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-4-4-4-5-5-5-6-6-6-6-6-6-6)

Transfering From MT2 to MT3
Players can port over their cards from MT2 to MT3. Only cards from MT2 can be transferred over. MT2 DCDs, MT1 cards and MT1 DCDs cannot brought over. However, not all data is retained after transferring.

Data transferred from MT2 to MT3
- Name
- Car model
- Last finished level in Story mode
- Your race and outrun stats
- Mileage
- Car color
- Battle stars

Data NOT transferred from MT2 to MT3
- Title
- Story mode loops
- Bodykit
- Rim option
- TA records
- 10-man outrun status

If you have cleared the first 80 stories and beyond, you will start off in MT3 in the 2nd loop.

Shaded & Unshaded
If you transfer a unshaded 815HP car, you will receive the title, "Undefeated Highway Dominator", the soundtrack of Midnight R, MT1 & MT2, and a Namco Race Meter which can be chosen whenever you access the options menu.

If you transfer a shaded 815HP car, you will receive the title, "Wangan Beginner", and soundtrack of MT1 & MT2. Your car will also be unshaded in the 2nd loop of the story mode. But if you lose a stage in the 2nd loop, it will be shaded again.

Game Modes
Story Mode
Similar story line to MT2. The usual 80 stages. Defeat the 80 stages and you will get 820HP. All maps are redone with better graphics and starting/ending points have been changed.

Upon finishing the first loop undefeated, you will be rewarded with the Midnight R soundtrack.

Outrun Mode
Similar to the original Outrun Mode present in MT2., with the exception of redone maps.

Ghost Battle Mode
This is a new mode in MT3. You will need to play this mode to gain dress-up points and get new parts to upgrade your car. When you play this mode, you are essentially playing against the computer with the behaviour of other human players. But, please do note that ghost cars cannot be blocked or slammed. There are 4 ways of playing the Ghost Battle Mode.

Select from Friends' List - When you play versus mode with anyone, they will be automatically added to your friends' list. Thus allowing you to easily play against their ghost.

Select from Revenge List - This list will only appear if someone defeated your ghost.

Select by Level - Total of 10 levels and the top ghost list for every map. Within the 10 levels, it will consist of computer players as well as real players' ghost. Defeat the fastest ghost in that machine and you will recieve a "King's Crown".

Search by card name - You can manually enter your friend's nick or card no. to search for his ghost.

List of Dress-Up Upgrades.
Lv1. Aero set A
Lv2. RAYS VOLK TE37
Lv3. WATANABE EIGHT SPOKE
Lv4. Carbon bonnet (black carbon hood)
Lv5. YOKOHAMA SUPER ADVAN (Racing Ver.2)
Lv6. ENKEI NT03+M
Lv7. RAYS VOLK CE28
Lv8. GT wing (Basic)
Lv9. YOKOHAMA Mod.T5
Lv10. ENKEI WRC TARMAC EVO FORGED
Lv11. Aero set B
Lv12. RAYS VOLK GTM
Lv13. YOKOHAMA Mod.T6
Lv14. The FRP bonnet (bonnet with ducts)
Lv15. ENKEI JS+M
Lv16. RAYS GRAM LIGHTS 57F
Lv17. GT wing (3D form)
Lv18. YOKOHAMA Mod.T7
Lv19. ENKEI RPF1
Lv20. Sticker (racing line)
Lv21. YOKOHAMA ADVAN TCII
Lv22. Sticker (fire flames)
Lv23. RAYS X401
Lv24. Aero set C
Lv25. WATANABE Mg train CYCLONE
Lv26. The carbon bonnet (carbon bonnet with ducts)
Lv27. YOKOHAMA ADVAN RS
Lv28. Car classification wing
Lv29. ENKEI RS+M
Lv30. Aero mirror
Lv31. RAYS VERSUS GABBANA
Lv32. Sticker (racing lines 2)
Lv33. YOKOHAMA ADVAN RCII
Lv34. Sticker (fire flames 2)
Lv35. ENKEI RC-T 4
Lv36. Sticker (Pac-man)
Lv37. RAYS VOLK GT-C
Lv38. Sticker (Namco)
Lv39. YOKOHAMA ADVAN RGII
Lv40. Sticker (based on car type)
Lv41. RAYS VERSUS BL-10-SX
Lv42. Neon tube green
Lv43. RAYS TEXAN SHOTGUN
Lv44. Neon tube blue
Lv45. WATANABE STELLAR
Lv46. Neon tube purple

There are only 46 upgrades. You can still gain dress-up points even after completing the 46 levels. You will still get level ups once you fill the dress-up bar. When you get a level up, then you can choose ANY part of your car and change it (you can change to whatever you want, but only one at a time).

To level up, you will require to defeat a certain no. of ghosts.
Level 1 to 10 - Defeat a ghost from Level 9 to level up.
Level 11 to 20 - Defeat 2 ghost from Level 9 to level up.
Level 21 to 30 - Defeat 2 ghost from Level 10 to level up.
Level 31 onwards - Defeat 4 ghost from Level 10 to level up.
Level 300 onwards - Defeat 8 ghost from Level 10 to level up.

Your ghost from Dress Up Level 1 onwards will be recorded as a Level 9 Ghost for others to battle. Once you hit Dress Up Level 300, you will be a Level 10 ghost.

Versus Mode
The new versus mode will allow you to choose which area to start, and which ramp. And after that, the player in the 1st position will get to choose which way will the game continue on.

It also allow players who are playing against each other to disallow new players to interrupt their game. Simply press and hold the red circle button while the map is loading.

Time Attack Mode
The new time attack mode features 2 seperate mode. Personal Best and Official Machine. Personal Best is of course, done by your own tuning. But Official Machine cars are all in yellow namco decals and has equal setting with others. The Official Machine Mode has fully replaced the Special Cars mode.

Options
< Car Registration > (1/9)
Name/Identification number [i.e. 00-00]
Title/Class
Car Model
Car Colour
Horsepower
Mileage
Mileage Password
Game Life

< Story mode > (2/9)
Present Loop
Number of cleared stories

< Ghost Battle Mode > (3/9)
Dress-Up Level
Your results [ no. of Races & no. of Win ]
Conquered Area

< Ghost Battle Mode (Result) > (4/9)
Results of your Ghost Battle
*Only show 8 recent records

< 10-Man Outrun Mode > (5/9)
C1 Inbound
C1 Outbound
New Bound Line Clockwise
New Bound Line Counter-Clockwise
Wangan Line
Yokohane
Hanshin Line Loop
Hakone

< Battle Mode > (6/9)
Results [ no. of Race & no. of Outruns ]
Driving Style:
Cool/Smooth - Green
Wild/Smooth - Purple
Cool/Rough - Blue
Wild/Rough - Orange

< Time Attack Records > (7/9)
C1 Inbound
C1 Outbound
New Bound Line Clockwise
Wangan Line East
Wangan Line West
Yokohane Downward
Yokohane Upward
Hanshin Line Loop
Hakone Outbound
Hakone Inbound
Metropolitan Highway (Wangan Area)
Metropolitan Highway (Kanagawa Area)

< Options (1/2) > (8/9)
Transmission [ AT/MT ]
Retiring after 3 sec [ Yes/No ]
Meter [ Normal/Namco ]

< Options (2/2) > (9/9)
BGM Volume [ Off/Mild/Normal/Loud ]
BGM [ MT3, MT1&2, Midnight R ]
Password Printing

And whenever you renew your car, you will recieve a new colour to choose from, usual non-stock colour.

Ranking System
The maximum level still remains at SSS. But ranking up now has changed.
N -> C9
C9, C8, C7, C6, C5, C4, C3, C2
C1 -> B9
B8, B7, B6, B5, B4, B3, B2
B1 -> A9
A8, A7, A6, A5, A4, A3, A2
A1 -> S9
S8, S7, S6, S5, S4, S3, S2
S1 -> SS9
SS8, SS7, SS6, SS5, SS4, SS3, SS2
SS1 -> SSS

Soundtrack List
Maximum Tune 3
NO BGM
RANDOM
1 Inexhaustible Energy
2 In Your Dream
3 Get Down to the Drive
4 Top-Flight Mechanics
5 Wanna Try One Last Time
6 Get you Cornered
7 Love to Rise in the Summer Morning
8 Evil Association
9 Supreme Folly
10 Control Your Body
11 Shrewd Critic
12 Cause You're Different
13 Feel the Moment
14 Black Pressure
15 Phantom of Blue

Maximum Tune 1 & 2
NO BGM
RANDOM
1 Overdrive Neurotransmitters
2 Maximum Acceleration
3 Stream Of Tears(more tranced mix)
4 Feel The Passion
5 Beyond The Horizon
6 Upbeat Gas Junkie
7 Fun-Loving Spirit
8 Speed Fanatic
9 Driver's Delight
10 Decoration For The Dement
11 Ghost In The Resonance
12 Stream Of Tears
13 Total Terror
14 Smoldery Guest
15 Atheist on the Highway
16 This is My Destiny
17 Unlawful Temptation
18 Acid Runner
19 Nothing Lives Forever
20 Destination Blackout
21 Blue Blazes
22 Another Dimension
23 Holy Land Anthem

湾岸ミッドナイトR
NO BGM
RANDOM
1 Rival's Theme 1
2 Rival's Theme 2
3 Hiramoto's Theme
4 Masaki's Theme
5 Kei's Theme
6 R200CLUB's Theme
7 Kuroki's Theme
8 Eiji's Theme
9 Kijima's Theme
10 Reina's Theme
11 BlackBird's Theme
12 Akio's Theme

Frequently Asked Questions

Question regarding cards:

Q: I have a WMMT1 card; can I transfer it to WMMT3?
A: No you can’t. The only card that is transferable to WMMT3 is WMMT2 cards.

Q: What will be transfer over?
A: Your card name, car type, car body color, mileage and battle record will be transferred over.

Q: Can I transfer a WMMT2 discard over to WMMT3?
A: No you can’t.

Q: Is there any bonus for transferring cars from MMT2 to WMMT3?
A: If your car is undefeated in WMMT2 first 80 stages of story mode (unshaded), you’ll get WMMT1 + 2 and Wangan Midnight R’s music PLUS a Namco Racing Tachometer. You can ONLY get the tachometer by transferring an unshaded WMMT2. If your car is defeated (shaded), you will only get WMMT1 + 2’s music.

Q: What is shaded and unshaded?
A: If you're defeated even once in 1st cycle of storymode, the stamp on your card will be shaded. After you finish 1st cycle of the story mode, your card will change back to unshaded once again. It gives you another chance to be unshaded again.

Q: What HP will I get if my WMMT2 card is not 815HP when I transfer?
A: If you cleared 40 stages in WMMT2 story mode, you'll get 600HP in WMMT3. If you cleared 49 stages, you'll get 800HP. If you cleared 59 stages, you'll get 810HP. If you cleared 59 stages, you'll get 810HP. If you cleared 79 stages, you'll get 815HP. If you cleared 80 stages, you'll get 820HP when transfer over.

Q: After I transferred my WMMT2 card to WMMT3, is the WMMT2 card still playable?
A: No you can’t use it anymore. It’ll have the word USED printed on it.

Q: I have a Gemballa from WMMT2; can I transfer it to WMMT3?
A: Unfortunately you can’t. WMMT3 machine won’t read the Gemballa and it’ll display card reading error.

Q: Why am I asked to select my car's body color again when I transfer my card to WMMT3 but others don't?
A: Celsior, Corolla and HiAce will be asked to select body color again when transfer to WMMT3. That is because they have different colors available in WMMT3.

Q: Will I get the Namco tachometer if I’m unshaded will a new car in WMMT3?
A: No. You only get that by transferring a FULLY TUNED 815hp unshaded WMMT2 car.

Q: I got the Namco Tachometer but I don’t like it, can I change it back to normal Tachometer?
A: Yes you can. After you insert your card into the machine, your car’s information screen will come up. Press view change 7 times and you will see a screen that has 3 options on it. First is the option to switch your transmission between AT/MT, second is to turn the retire option during race option on/off; third is the option to switch your tachometer between normal or racing.

Q: Why do I only get WMMT3 music? How can I change to WMMT1 + 2 music and Wangan Midnight R music?
A: After you insert your card into the machine, your car’s information screen will come up. Press view change 8 times and you will see the option to adjust music volume and to select between WMMT3, WMMT1 + 2 and WMR music (only available with unshaded cars).

Q: I can only get WMMT3 music with the new car I got, how can I get the other music?
A: Once you clear 80 stages in story mode, WMMT1 + 2 music will be unlocked. WMR music will be unlocked also if you’re undefeated in all 80 stages.

Q: How do I get Wangan R music if my card is shaded?
A:You can just play through 80 stages of story mode again undefeated to unlock them.

Q: Why is my car only 280HP? How do I upgrade my car?
A: You can upgrade your car by playing in story mode. Your car’s power and handling will go up as you play through 80 stages of story mode. If you lose, you’ll only get half the tuning point and you can replay that stage again.

Q: What is full tuned? And when will my car be fully tuned?
A: You will get 10 bars in both power and handling after clearing 20 stages (or before 20 stages if you lost a few times.). From stage 20 on you will get 50% of the tuning bar when beating 1 stage (25% when losing). Your car will tune up once every 2 stages if you win, you can select either power or handling. It does not matter which one you choose because you can adjust the power/handling before your stage starts at next game. You will get 10 extra bars after clearing 20 more stages (or before 20 stages if you lost a few times.). From stage 40 on you will get 5% of the tuning bar when beating 1 stage (2.5% when losing). Beating every 20 stages from now on will give you 1 extra bar. By finishing all 80 stages, your car will reach 820 max HP.

Q: I heard there are a total of 100 stages in story mode, where is stage 81?
A: There are NO stage 81-100. Stage 81 is the start of second cycle of story mode which is equals to stage 1.

Question regarding Ghost Mode:

Q: What is Ghost Mode? What is so special about it?
A: Ghost mode is a mode that you can battle other humans’ saved run on a certain track (ghost) or battle computer generic cars to gain points and dress up your car.

Q: How do I select human player’s ghost?
A: All ghosts are separated by levels. A fully tuned 820HP car will be in lv9 and 815Hp car will be in lv8 so and so. You can also search by their card name or card number.

Q: Will human's ghost appear in lv10?
A: When your have over 300 ghost mode win, it will become a lv10 ghost. It'll take 8 wins in lv10 to level up once after that.

Q: Why do I get challenge receive after I insert my card?
A: That means your ghost that is saved on the machine is defeated by someone else. You can challenge the person that beats your ghost by selecting yes. If you successfully defeat the person that defeated your ghost, you’ll earn 1.5 times the point you usually earn in lv9.

Q: What is the fastest way to finish all the dress up tuning?
A: The fastest and easiest way to finish the tuning is to play and beat lv10 computer cars. They’re very easy to beat and give the same point as revenging human players’ ghost.

Q: How many games does it take to finish all the dress up tuning?
A: Assuming all games are played in lv10. lv1 – 10 takes 1 win per level, lv11 – 30 takes 2 win per level, lv31-46 takes 4 games per level (3 games of beating lv10 and 1 games of winning/losing in lv9 will do). So that’s a total of 110 games.

Q: Will I get more point by challenging lv10 with a non-fully tuned car?
A: No, you still get the same amount of point as a fully tuned car.

Q: Will I get more point by challenging the top player?
A: No, you will get the same amount of point as you play lv9 ghost.

Q: I defeated the top player and became the king, why is my ghost slower than the run I did?
A: The machine saves your last run on that track. If you played on the same track again, the machine will overwrite your king ghost’s run with the run you just played. The only thing to avoid this is to NOT play that track with that car again or retire and do not finish the race on that track.

Q: Can I challenge my ghost again to makes a faster run?
A: Yes you can.

Q: Are the parts just for looks or will they affect the performance of the car?
A: All the parts (except for sticker and neon tube) will affect your car’s performance in handling, acceleration and top speed. You got to try and figure out which one suits your driving style.

Q: I changed one of the parts but I don’t like it, how do I change it back?
A: If you haven’t finished all 46 levels in dress up, you can change your parts again when you’re offered that kind of part again. For example: if you want to change from enkei rims to ray’s rims, you’ll get the option of changing back to the rims you were offered before when you unlock a new ray’s rim. If you’re finished with all 46 levels, you can simply play again until you level up. It'll be 4 games per level (3 games of beating lv10 and 1 games of winning/losing in lv9 will do) from now on. You’ll get the option of changing 1 part of your car. The options are Rims, Aero, Sticker, Wing, Bonnet, Aero mirror and Neon Tube.

Questions regarding Battle:

Q: How do i get to battle other players?
A: Same as WMMT2. After you insert your card (or selected a stock car if you don't have one) you will be asked if you want to accept other players' race challenge or not. You can also turn on/off the challenge accept during game play by pressing the red button.

Q: What is new about WMMT3 battle system?
A: The something new in WMMT3 is "The car in front get to choose the route". While you're battling on the highway and happen to be in first place, you will be asked to choose the route before some major highway intersection. For example you can go from c1 in to wangan line while battling instead of just staying in c1. The car(s) behind you will be forced to go with what you chose. A 740hp car can never catch up to a 800hp car in wangan line even with boost; so choose carefully where you want to go.

Q: What is the point of battling in WMMT3?
A: If you win, you will have star same as in WMMT2 and also your opponent will be in your friend list. Therefore when you play ghost mode after the battle, you can challange the ghost of your opponent which is already in your friend list.

Q: How does the boost work during battle?
A: It is as strong as Ver A, but the boost with be extremely weak when you're only 7m behind. You'll still be alittle faster than the car in front but you can't do a slingshot pass like back in WMMT2.

Q: How is the battle physics now?
A: The physics are more like WMMT2 Ver A now. If you get pushed into the wall, your car slows down but not by much. The car at the back won't bounce back out like WMMT2 Ver B did.

Q: Is the traffic random during battle?
A: The traffic is not random. The position of the traffic will be harder to dodge and more conjested as your rank goes higher. The highest ranking car will determine the traffic flow.

Other Questions:

Q: How do I rank up in WMMT3?
A: You can level up in different way. The known methods are:
1. You get level up every 5 stages on first 40 stages of the first cycle of story mode.
2. From stage 41-80 you get level up every 20 stages.
3. After finishing the story mode for the first time. You get 1 level by playing through 80 stages again.
4. Outrun mode: You get 1 level up by having S rank on all 10 levels in a track.
5. Ghost mode: You will get level up in first 20, 50, 100, 200, 300 and 400 win against human/computer ghosts.
6. Battle mode: You will get level up in first 20, 50,100, 400, 1000, 2000 and 3000 stars.

Q:What are the new tracks in WMMT3?
A: The new tracks are extension of the old newbelt cw: Wangan line, Yokohane and Osaka's Hanshin Line Loop.

Q: Any new cars in WMMT3 that WMMT2 doesn’t have?
A: The new cars are MITSUBISHI LANCER Evolution IX MR, MITSUBISHI LANCER GSR Evolution V, NISSAN 180SX, MAZDA SPEED ATENZA, TOYOTA ARISTO, SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STi – F and SUBARU R2

Q: Are there any hidden cars?
A: There are 4 different hidden cars in the game. You can unlock them by inputting certain code with the shifter at certain car (before going into color choosing screen). Before you try to unlock them, you have to make sure that the shifter is at neutral. The hidden cars are:

Subaru R2: Go to Subaru ALCYONE SVX and input 6-4-6-4-6-4-6-4-6-4-6-4
Toyota Aristo with Taxi looking:Go to Toyota Aristo and input 1-1-1-2-2-2-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-4-4-4-5-5-5-6-6-6-6-6-6-6
Toyota Corolla: Go to Toyota Supra (JZA70) and input 4–1– 2 -6
Toyota Hiace (4WD): Go to Toyota MR2 and input 3-2-2-3-2-2-3-2-2

Q: Can I change the car’s color after I got my card?
A: 1 out of 10 different colors will be unlocked when you do car inspection. You can choose between the unlocked color and your car’s original color while inspection.

Q: What are the colors that I can unlock after each inspection?
A: I’m still working on this list, hope everyone will help out and post any info on this~ and please correct me if I have the colors wrong:

MAZDA
RX-8 Type S SE3P: blue purple, mint green, orange, dark blue, light purple, dark green metallic, pink, Red metallic, gold
RX-7 Type R FD3S: Light Blue, Mint Green, Lame Green, Pink, Wine Red, Orange, Light purple, Purple Silver, Pale Blue 2 Metallic, Pale Pink
SAVANNA RX-7 GT-X FC3S: Pink Metallic, Yellow, Dark Orange, Pale Blue Metallic
EUNOS COSMO Type S JCESE: Pearl Black Metallic, Coral Black Metallic, Orange Metallic, Blue Green × Black metallic
MAZDASPEED ATENZA GG3P: Canary yellow pearl, Orange, Dark Orange Metallic, Blue Metallic, Orange yellow metallic, Green 3, Dark Green

MITSUBISHI
LANCER Evolution IX MR GSR CT9A: Black, Yellow, Metallic Yellow, Blue, Purple, Lame Green, Dark Pink, Orange, Pale Blue
LANCER EVOLUTION VIII MR CT9A: Yellow, Dark Orange Metallic, Dark Blue, Pale Blue 2, Light Purple, Dark Metallic Purple 2, Pink
LANCER EVOLUTION VI CP9A: Red, Yellow, Oragne Metallic
LANCER Evolution V CP9A: Dark Blue, Blue Metallic, Lame Green, Dark Green
LANCER EVOLUTION III CE9A: Dark Blue, Light Blue Metallic
GTO TWIN TURBO Z16A: Green, Yellow, Orange Metallic, Pale blue

NISSAN
SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II BNR34: Blue, Yellow Metallic, Dark Orange, Pale Blue, Purple Silver Metallic, Dark Purple, Dark Pink Metallic, Wine Red, Gold, Mint Green.
SKYLINE GT-R V-spec BCNR33: Light Blue, Dark Orange, Pale Yellow, Pink, Dark Purple, Lime Green, Pale Blue 2 Metallic
SKYLINE GT-R BNR32: Light Blue, Yellow, Orange Metallic, Pale Blue 2 Metallic, Purple, Dark Purple, Lime Green, Pink, Wine Red Metallic, Mint Green
FAIRLADY Z Version S Z33: Premium mystic Maroon, Blue, Pale Blue, Yellow Metallic, Dark Purple, Light Purple, Green Metallic
FAIRLADY Z 300ZX Z32: Midnight Purple, Pink, Dark Pink
FAIRLADY Z 300ZX Z31: Gold & Black, Yellow & Black, Orange & Black, Pale Green & Black
FAIRLADY Z S30: Light Blue, Per blue2 metallic, Light Yellow, Dark Purple, Purple Metallic, Green, Black
SILVIA spec-R S15: Green, Lightning Yellow, Dark Orange, Dark Blue/Green, Pink
180SX RPS13: Midnight Purple, Yellow, Dark Blue, Pale Blue 2

SUBARU
IMPREZA WRX Sti-F GDB-F: Dark Orange, Cashmere Yellow, Light Blue, Pale blue, Green Metallic
IMPREZA WRX Sti GDB-C: Orange, Lemon Yellow, Pale Green
IMPREZA WRX STi VersionVI GC8: Orange, Black Metallic, Dark Purple, Light Purple
LEGACY B4 2.0GT spec.B BL5: WR Blue Mica, Champion Yellow, Light Purple Metallic, Purple Metallic, Green Metallic
ALCYONE SVX Version L CXD: WR Blue Mica, Yellow, Dark Orange Mica, Blue Green & Gray Metallic, Pale Blue, Dark Purple, Green 2, Dark Pink & Gray Metallic
R2 --- Topaz yellow, Astral Blue Opal, Dark Orange, Yellow

TOYOTA
SUPRA RZ JZA80: Midnight Blue, Dark Orange, Wine Red, Pink, Dark Pink Metallic, Purple Silver, Light Purple Metallic
SUPRA 2.5GT TWIN Turbo R JZA70: Blue, Yellow, Orange Metallic, Pale Blue 2
MR2 GT-S SW20: Orange Mica Metallic, Gun Metal, Pale blue, Light Purple, Dark purple 2 metallic, Lime Green
CHASER Tourer V JZX100: Red, Orange, Blue, Purple, Silver Purple Metallic
CELSIOR UCF10: Gold, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Purple, Green, Pink, Wine Red, Light Red
ARISTO JZS161: Gold, Red, Orange, Purple Metallic
ARISTO JZS161(Taxi Looking): Gold, Red, Orange, Pale Blue
COROLLA ZZE124: Light red, Orange
HIACE KZH100G: Light Red Metallic, Blue, Black

This post has been edited by bohemian on Jan 14 2008, 09:16 PM
ac101
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 05:53 PM

i believe you have my stapler

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 15,562

yup...
this is for sure from initial-d....lmao
xeoreg
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 06:01 PM

Mmmm....Koda Kumi =)

Member No.: 15,581

the color list isn't even updated...
ac101
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 06:17 PM

i believe you have my stapler

Member No.: 15,562

i know its from initial-d cuz i see thesisterprincess's noob info about battles....--;
yooN-
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 05:55 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 27,681

QUOTE (bohemian @ Yesterday at 5:44 PM)
Level 21 to 30 - Defeat 3 ghost from Level 10 to level up.

correction

< 10-Man Outrun Mode > (5/9)
C1 Inbound
C1 Outbound
New Bound Line Clockwise
Wangan Line
Yokohane
Hanshin Line Loop
Hakone Outbound
Hakone Inbound

there is no hakone outbound outrun
both hakone outbound and inbound is mixed when u play the hakone out run
so there are actually a total of 8 outruns

Q: Is the traffic random during battle?
A: The traffic is not random. The position of the traffic will be harder to dodge and more conjested as your rank goes higher. The highest ranking car will determine the traffic flow.

the trafic changes once you hit 820 hp
from 320-815 the trafic stays generally the same but when you hit 820 hp and everyone you are battling has 820
then there is alot more trafic

This post has been edited by yooN- on Jan 13 2008, 06:04 AM
phonebook
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 06:48 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 19,940

Isn't this all old info that's already known?

This post has been edited by phonebook on Jan 13 2008, 06:48 AM
Dflowen
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 12:19 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 17,322

QUOTE (phonebook @ Today at 6:48 AM)
Isn't this all old info that's already known?

Yeah, I agree. We have been playing and know all that info.

-What a noob for posting such repetitive information huh??
gian7675
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 02:28 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,356

I'm a noob at WMMT3 and this info is new to me.

Maybe for you guys this info is old but it's like gold for noobs like me. wink2.gif
Dflowen
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 02:32 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 17,322

That's cool, beneficial to you who forgot or don't know.
bohemian
  Posted: Jan 14 2008, 09:19 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 27,998

I never intended this guide to be for expert WMMT players, but noobs like me. Experts, please share any revisions you could note. Thank you.

@ yooN-

Corrections noted, except for the last one. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Thank you. happy.gif

This post has been edited by bohemian on Jan 14 2008, 09:28 PM
Blackbird
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 06:45 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 26,070

QUOTE (bohemian @ Jan 14 2008, 09:19 PM)
I never intended this guide to be for expert WMMT players, but noobs like me. Experts, please share any revisions you could note. Thank you.

@ yooN-

Corrections noted, except for the last one. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Thank you.  happy.gif

I can't be called an expert, but I've been playing since WMMT2, so I don't fit in any neat category. However, I can safely say that most of your things seem to be in order. Here's a few things to go with it (if they fit):

Dress-up Parts: The only parts that have been shown to actually affect performance are the Aero Sets, Bonnets, and Wings. The configurations listed below can maximize certain highlights of your car's performance (it may not entirely accurate, in which case it'll be corrected later on).
*SPEED (SPD): Set A with Set's wing or GT2 Wing; Carbon Bonnet
*HANDLING (HND): Set B with Set's wing or GT3 Wing; Ducted Bonnet
*BALANCE: Set C with Set's wing or "Car-Type" Wing; Ducted Carbon Bonnet

DECALS (Full-Body): Full-body decals are available at Levels 36, 38, and 40 (Pac-Man, NAMCO, and Manufacturer respectively) as Ghost Battle rewards. While the full-body stickers are equipped, it will be difficult to tell what color you had equipped if you have to select a color (when you reload). An easy way to tell, if not the only way to tell, is to look at your car's roll-cage bars and cycle through the availble color(s) - the window tinting will make it slightly difficult, but colors like blue/white/black/red should be pretty obvious.

==WMMT3 - Psychology 101==
====================
If you're having trouble trying to shake the computer in WMMT3, I recommend (out-)juking and psyching the AI cars, especially during the 10 Outrun. The computer will try to block you in a lot of cases; during the Outrun races, for example, when you come up on the right-turning ramp that leads from C1/NBL onto the Wangan Line - faking a wide right turn that you then turn into a narrow right turn has the bonus of the turn's speed making the computer's reaction to block you even more sluggish.
Against the computer, it should also be noted that they have a "fear" of the 'gutters' (shoulder lanes) and upcoming vehicles. This basically means that if the car behind you is kissing serious butt, you can shake it by diving into the shoulder lanes or rushing traffic vehicles (preferably an R2, Corolla, and HiAce in that order - DO NOT RUSH THE TRUCK WHATSOEVER!), then peeling off at the last minute. Also, keep in mind that they will not follow you as you weave between vehicles (like Snaking between a column of cars provides you some temporary 'immunity'). The breathing room you gain depends on how closely you were being tailed.
NOTE: During later loops, this tactic will not be as effective since the AI will be literally over your shoulder and breathing down your neck, a very noticeable difference compared to the first loop. An improvisation to the above tactic will keep it just as effective - during later loops, you may notice a line of traffic in the middle lane with enough space between to weave between. Take full advantage of it - even though the AI cars will try to keep on you no matter what because of the increased difficulty, their 'rule' of not following racers weaving between cars will override the difficulty and cause them to drop speed or even fall back!

Beginner Cars: I personally recommend any lightweight 6-gear before progressing (respectively) to a 6-gear heavyweight, 5-gear light- and heavy-weight cars, and any 4-gear cars. The reason for this is that light-weight cars have great handling and speed, a perfect balance in most cases; 6-gear cars over the lower-number gears is because any player new to WMMT, or even a racing game, may shift to 6 when all they got is a 4 or 5 - leaving them wondering why they can't go faster (it's happened to me, so I know). The Evo9 and WRX STI (GDB-F) fall under the above's first-choice recommendations, but the choice is entirely up to the player.

WMMT2 versus WMMT3: By this point many of you playing WMMT3 (or even considering starting it) have heard of the NAMCO tachometer gained by transferring an unshaded (undefeated Story Mode) card from WMMT2 to WMMT3. Let me tell you, WMMT2 isn't exactly a beginner's game compared to WMMT3 - the difficulty was toned down in 3 for the first loop (or the first time through the Story Mode); I confirmed this through experimentation, and if you do want to go for the tach meter, you'll be lucky to find an arcade in your area (or even find one period) that still has an MT2 cabinet.

This post has been edited by Blackbird on Mar 13 2008, 12:10 PM
razorsuKe
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 07:27 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 12,243

The man was just trying to help a brother out.

But it seems like there are no dummies to wang3 here, bohemian stumbled upon the only forum inhabited purely by pros and street legends.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
XxAznBoixX
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 02:39 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 24,306

Wow do we really need another one of these?
yooN-
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 06:09 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 27,681

QUOTE (Blackbird @ Today at 9:45 AM)
Dress-up Parts: The only parts that have been shown to actually affect performance are the Aero Sets, Bonnets, and Wings. The configurations listed below can maximize certain highlights of your car's performance (it may not entirely accurate, in which case it'll be corrected later on).
*SPEED (SPD): Set A with Set's wing or GT2 Wing; Carbon Bonnet
*HANDLING (HND): Set B with Set's wing or GT3 Wing; Ducted Bonnet
*BALANCE: Set C with Set's wing or "Car-Type" Wing; Ducted Carbon Bonnet

i think ur wrong on this one
im not to sure about this
but from wut i hear and see
the body kits have nothing to do with the speed/handling
the wings however are as follows
stock = balanced
straight wing = more control on straights
3d wing = more control on cornors
wing by car = slightly better than stock

the carbon hoods just get better and better than the previous one
so like carbon is worse than bonnet which is worse than carbon with bonnet

i think this is how it is
not sure though
Signition
Posted: May 23 2008, 12:34 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 29,602

How do you use boost ?
darkpaladinzz
Posted: May 23 2008, 06:32 PM

do a barrel roll

Member No.: 14,420

boost is on by default
xeoreg
Posted: May 24 2008, 09:54 AM

Mmmm....Koda Kumi =)

Member No.: 15,581

QUOTE (yooN- @ Mar 13 2008, 06:09 PM)
i think ur wrong on this one
im not to sure about this
but from wut i hear and see
the body kits have nothing to do with the speed/handling
the wings however are as follows
stock = balanced
straight wing = more control on straights
3d wing = more control on cornors
wing by car = slightly better than stock

the carbon hoods just get better and better than the previous one
so like carbon is worse than bonnet which is worse than carbon with bonnet

i think this is how it is
not sure though

bodykit does affect handling.

stock is usually the lightest kit, other aero kits make the car heavier.

everything for dressup seems to affect the car, some slightly, some significantly.

even neons and stickers add weight to the car, and can make your car react differently.

If you don't play alot, you may not notice the difference, but it's there.

I have two E8's, one on stock and one on Aero C.

Both have exactly the same parts installed, but the stock one seems more twitchy while countersteering, but the Aero C one seems alot more stable.

I played a hundred something games today in total, finally found out a new setup that allowed me to be able to ram other people using stock kit.

The part that made the difference was the sticker @_@
Pendulum
  Posted: May 27 2008, 02:50 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 28,784

Can't we just go to wikipedia and WME for this? LOL just kidding.
darkpaladinzz
Posted: May 27 2008, 07:41 PM

do a barrel roll

QUOTE (Maximum-D_07 @ Today at 6:50 PM)
Can't we just go to wikipedia and WME for this? LOL just kidding.

because wikipedia and WME both have the same problem..
tendency of false information
Pendulum
Posted: May 28 2008, 08:29 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 28,784

Well, this is good info. It should be pinned.

There's a mistake. Story mode loops are added in MT3. If you played it twice on MT2, it will show on MT3.

I've only played story mode a few times ever since I've transferred it.
user posted image

This post has been edited by Maximum-D_07 on May 28 2008, 08:41 AM
darkpaladinzz
Posted: May 28 2008, 10:01 AM

do a barrel roll

QUOTE (Maximum-D_07 @ Today at 12:29 PM)

There's a mistake. Story mode loops are added in MT3. If you played it twice on MT2, it will show on MT3.

have you played more than one loop of the story in MT2?? if you have, you will realize that its not added
kos
Posted: Jul 21 2008, 08:42 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 30,144

are the overhauls you earned in MT2 carried over to MT3?
i cant seem to find an answer anywhere fear2.gif
darkpaladinzz
Posted: Jul 21 2008, 08:59 PM

do a barrel roll

it was answered in the post above yours
kos
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 08:56 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 30,144

QUOTE (darkpaladinzz @ Yesterday at 9:59 PM)
it was answered in the post above yours

doh! pinch2.gif

reading comprehension > me hahah thanks paladinz cool.gif
ckyroy
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 12:15 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 30,141

Level 21 to 30 - Defeat 3 ghost from Level 10 to level up.

300WINS onwards - Defeat 8 ghost from Level 10 to level up.

2 Pages  1 2