Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Chousen!

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,235  ·  Replies: 35 
> Response to Initial D Ending
zerobluesokinawa
  Posted: May 2 2013, 03:07 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,985

How do you feel about Initial D no longer being produced when it's finished?

I personally feel relieved. I don't think there is much of a story left to tell. 15 years is a long time for a series to run and needs closure.

I think the series peaked at fourth stage. I think the long wait between 4th and 5th killed most of any interest I had.

Nomake Wan
Posted: May 2 2013, 03:14 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Agreed wholeheartedly. It's too bad that it couldn't have ended on a better note but I think it's gone on long enough. Besides, once it's over I can finally get down to reading the manga. smile.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: May 2 2013, 03:15 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

But it's not ending with Fifth Stage. Or, at least, all signs point to that not happening. There's still too much story to cover and not enough airtime.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
zerobluesokinawa
  Posted: May 2 2013, 03:24 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,985

That may be true, but for me the writing is on the wall.

I've trashed all the eurobeat/soundtrack mp3s, old fansubs, and m.o.v.e. has quit.

I got into ID in 2003 and 10 years is a long time to be into a series, and I'm kinda ready to move on.

I might download all the manga I never read (only read the first volume) then go through the series for a final watch and quit afterwards.

I just don't see how they can keep up with finding new ways for Takumi to keep winning all the time without it becoming cliche.

And I'd be willing to bet that the final scene will be Takumi and Ryosuke doing one final race and then fading to an ambiguous black ending.

This post has been edited by zerobluesokinawa on May 2 2013, 03:24 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 2 2013, 03:40 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (zerobluesokinawa @ 16 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
I've trashed all the eurobeat/soundtrack mp3s

Wow, really? That's the extent of your enjoyment? Are you one of those guys who finds out about some scandal or another and trashes that person's CDs even though it has nothing to do with the music? dry.gif

I'm sorry, but regardless of the direction Initial D goes that doesn't change my love of cars, my interest in racing games or my enjoyment of eurobeat.
kyonpalm
Posted: May 2 2013, 03:46 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (zerobluesokinawa @ 22 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
And I'd be willing to bet that the final scene will be Takumi and Ryosuke doing one final race and then fading to an ambiguous black ending.

Dude, Third Stage was over a decade ago.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: May 2 2013, 06:13 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (zerobluesokinawa @ 2 hours, 49 minutes ago)
m.o.v.e. has quit.

I just don't see how they can keep up with finding new ways for Takumi to keep winning all the time without it becoming cliche.

That does not mean they can't use other m.o.v.e's songs right?

As for the second sentence: It's because Shigeno Shuichi is the author. You'll never know what skills he can come up with for Takumi.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 2 2013, 07:24 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

You got rid of all your eurobeat? Why would you do that? Its a great standalone music genre and you don't need Initial D to enjoy it! Anyway I'm sure there are a ton of other music projects that Motsu and Yuri are going to be working on. While the M.O.V.E. name will be gone, their music will live on!
Takahashi Rensuki
Posted: May 2 2013, 07:30 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 40,927

The series isn't over yet. A battle stage 3 or an OVA will most likely follow after fifth stage. ermm2.gif
Vortrex
Posted: May 2 2013, 08:42 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

Okay, so some people are ready to move on. Where to????????
There isn't a other road ahead, Initial D: Is the one and only race series, and there isn't any better. (If you look at the story and race info)

So, what will be next to Initial D? There will not be a better race series than Initial D. (If it isn't future)

So it will be a new story, or the past of something.

The series isn't over yet. A battle stage 3 or an OVA will most likely follow after fifth stage.

Maybe more than that!
Just like Bleach, ever1 thought it would end with Aizen, so all the comments were negative with that the story was going to continue.
But in the end, it was cooler than we ever could think of. (The new arc)

This post has been edited by Vortrex on May 2 2013, 08:46 AM
Chidoki
Posted: May 2 2013, 09:42 AM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

I don't think its also just the wait for how long the gap between 4th Stage and 5th Stage is the only effect, but also the quality of the chapters in terms of length. Everyone know almost, if nothing happens per chapter and most of the time we already know by theory what is going to happen. But the other main problem is how many pages is being released per chapter.

Remember when it was originally 16 to 20 pages a chapter compared to today's 8 to 12 pages sad.gif. And it was still about some 20 pages during the Todou races, but started to shift to the 8 to 12 pages during the transitions happening between the Saitama and Ibaraki which really sucked.

Its like saying Initial D 5th Stage which is roughly 250 chapters is actually only 125 chapters or less in length if cut in 1/2 based on the 8 to 12 pages.

Aside from moving on, will there be another race anime coming soon after Initial D ends (new I mean so not including old ones like Wangan Midnight and Capeta)
Tessou
Posted: May 2 2013, 10:34 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 7 hours, 18 minutes ago)
But it's not ending with Fifth Stage. Or, at least, all signs point to that not happening. There's still too much story to cover and not enough airtime.

Oh my god.

Hold on, I haven't stopped laughing. Give it a minute.

Okay. YM established a long, long time ago that the end of Initial D is coming up soon. The race with Shinji is coming to a close, and at the same time, the anime is conveniently wrapping up with the same race. What else is there to cover? They're going to finish the race, and everybody will go home. The end. The "story" they didn't cover was a lot of background stuff between the races, and they have no reason to do a separate OVA or movie just to depict all of that stuff.

Also, it's dreadfully obvious that the production company isn't putting any amount of care into Fifth Stage. What makes you think they're going to even put forth a proposal to sink more money into continuing a series they're phoning in in the first place?
mike962
Posted: May 2 2013, 11:51 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 29,885

QUOTE (Chidoki @ 2 hours, 9 minutes ago)
Aside from moving on, will there be another race anime coming soon after Initial D ends (new I mean so not including old ones like Wangan Midnight and Capeta)

COUNTACH would ideal for anime

read some scanlations happy.gif and even Nomake can safely read it.... laugh2.gif facepalm.gif

it's mislabeld on the site , those are the first 3 Volumes (not just vol 1) out of 28 Vol , dunno if manga ended or not whistling.gif
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/countach/

and the main chick is a HOTTIE cool.gif
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/9306/01-001...g?v=11303289621

This post has been edited by mike962 on May 2 2013, 11:56 AM
Tessou
Posted: May 2 2013, 12:00 PM

Group Icon

The best part of Countach is at the beginning when they're explaining just how horribly designed that damn car is. I remember Jeremy Clarkson driving one around and having basically nothing good to say about it. laugh.gif
mike962
Posted: May 2 2013, 12:03 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 29,885

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
The best part of Countach is at the beginning when they're explaining just how horribly designed that damn car is. I remember Jeremy Clarkson driving one around and having basically nothing good to say about it. laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtQPjgzV1kA happy.gif

still would be cool material for anime
RedsunsF1
Posted: May 2 2013, 12:52 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

QUOTE (zerobluesokinawa @ 9 hours, 28 minutes ago)

Ryosuke's last race was against the Shinigami
Tessou
Posted: May 2 2013, 01:24 PM

Group Icon

The point of another Ryosuke x Takumi race being...? There's nothing to prove with a race like that, especially considering that Takumi already beat Ryosuke, and Ryosuke isn't really the type to go for a rematch. Hell, in the non-canon "race" they had in Third Stage, Ryosuke was hesitant to race against him again.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 2 2013, 05:23 PM

ShiMACHaze

No good racing series left? I'm sorry did you forget that there's plenty of manga left over from Wangan Midnight? How about C1 Runner? How about Over-Rev? Don't give me some bullshit like Initial D is the end-all-be-all to racing Anime. There is plenty left if someone feels like taking up the challenge.
inforis
Posted: May 2 2013, 07:17 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,899

What about the rematch with Takumi and Keisuke?
I was pretty sure that would cap it but i guess not
shadow55419
Posted: May 2 2013, 08:00 PM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Member No.: 39,000

QUOTE (inforis @ 43 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
What about the rematch with Takumi and Keisuke?
I was pretty sure that would cap it but i guess not

i agree, that would have been a really great cap for the series.

I'd kinda like to see some of the background stuff from the manga, but i just don't see an ova or anthing like that happening, i really hate that its ending, but there is nothing i can do. i will definetly be rewatching it too.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: May 3 2013, 05:45 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (mike962 @ Today, 3:51 AM)
COUNTACH would ideal for anime

read some scanlations happy.gif and even Nomake can safely read it.... laugh2.gif facepalm.gif

it's mislabeld on the site , those are the first 3 Volumes (not just vol 1) out of 28 Vol , dunno if manga ended or not whistling.gif
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/countach/

and the main chick is a HOTTIE cool.gif
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/9306/01-001...g?v=11303289621

Just great mike962, you got me interested in COUNTACH because there's a hottie in it facepalm.gif
Tessou
Posted: May 3 2013, 10:11 AM

Group Icon

Takumi v. Keisuke rematch would also be pointless. It doesn't matter which one wins because it won't affect the outcome of the series. They're all going their separate ways, we already know that.
eatsuki
Posted: May 3 2013, 06:49 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

I agree with the guys who say that there are other racing mangas aside from Initial D, looking forward to reading those

I think there's at least one more race with Keisuke vs Takumi, but I hope there's more. I don't mind if the story keeps going, even with deja vu stuff, rematches or whatever. Even though things went downhill after 4th stage, I still like Initial D. The longer it lasts the better.

edit: Prolly won't happen, but in the anime, dunno if it's in the manga, but in episode 1 or 2, Ryosuke says the Red Suns want to conquer gunma, then also Tokyo. They haven't raced anyone from Tokyo yet. Maybe the author planned for them to visit Tokyo and have Takumi meet Mogi again. She was a big part of Stage 1 and 3.

This post has been edited by eatsuki on May 3 2013, 06:51 PM
jbeavis100
Posted: May 3 2013, 08:10 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,847

Thank you for the link to countach it's so good. Yeah, Initial D is ending so what? We can still talk about it and talk about other racing animes and manga. Everything has to come to an end or else it ends up like call of duty. I can't wait to see what happens in that race between takumi and shinji.
Colin
Posted: May 3 2013, 08:23 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 40,691

I'm personally kind of sad that ID is ending. I mean, I just got into the series and now it's gonna end really soon. derp.gif Sure I'm yet to read the manga, but still. QQ
Hmm. Tis probably also a sign to check out and catch up on other racing series out there. Yes maybe.

EHHH. ~sigh~

2 Pages  1 2