Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Go 2 - Let It Burn

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,649  ·  Replies: 2 
> My thoughts on Itsuki
fujito10
  Posted: Feb 7 2017, 07:54 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,812

Now, I can see and understand that he is one of the many characters to get a lot of backlash from fans. I, for one, can agree, but I'm able to see more than just "RONRI DORAIBAZU" and all his screaming. The part where I can agree is at the end of episode 19 of Stage 1, where he jams Takumi and Iketani's love. The way I see it, Itsuki was acting like the excitable friend he is, trying to cheer "Senpai" up when sad. As for Takumi, he probably misunderstood Sayuki, believing that she was asking for *his* name, instead of Takumi's.

Now for the part where he serves a purpose other than the punching bag for dislikers of the Eight-Five driver. Speaking of Eight-Five, when he takes Takumi for a drive (and deliberately drives sloppily at parts to make him talk!), he, along with the Speed Stars, was just worried that Takumi's world of love with Mogi would degrade his racing abilities, a quality Itsuki admires of the Trueno kid. And when Itsuki asks Takumi the questions, he was just trying to make Takumi see that he needs to focus on racing, and not kissing. Heck, Itsuki even takes Takumi to watch the hill climb between Keisuke and Nakazato, showing that maybe Itsuki is slightly forgivable after all.

So yeah, I don't think Itsuki is as bad as many claim, and I think he's better than your average "most hated character of the show" (as that title usually goes to the annoying high-pitched girl of that title who physically and verbally abuses the protagonist), but at the same time, he's not necessarily the type of friend you'd want to have. (What's most satisfying is how Itsuki serves as ballast for Takumi when racing against Kenta in the rain.)

This post has been edited by fujito10 on Jun 15 2017, 04:33 PM
Toua77
Posted: Feb 17 2017, 05:00 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,001

Can't believe anyone hates the guy tbh. He's just basic comic relief. Can't think of anyone worthy of hate in this really except Gum tape death match driver and Mogi(To a small extent) and even they became somewhat redeemable.
xiao
Posted: Feb 18 2017, 03:12 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

The only thing cool about Itsuki is his phonetical sounding name ~

Itsuki ... on a different person's name could be written as such → 初月

Meaning in atelojical Japanese ... 'first moon' ~ awesome.gif (not a word)

SPOILER

This post has been edited by xiao on Feb 18 2017, 03:29 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums