Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Dark Angel - Right Now

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,984  ·  Replies: 12 
> How do you or do you use/plan tactic when VS-ing
Joshima
  Posted: Apr 19 2010, 04:11 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,827

Share your tactics when VS-ing other driver. Or perhaps you dont have any plans at the beginning and just go out with skills. I'll share mine 1st.

3 tactics i usually use on VS.

Go all out. Drive like i usually driving when beating time attack. (plus in our local area, there is unwritten rules when playing boost off. we will never block the person behind. except when entering a corner, both driver will have to fight for the inner line.)

Fast slow slow fast. Means for the 4 check points. Rush on the 1st check point to gain lead and try to throw the opponent as far as i can. Of course, speed must also be maintain in order for ur tire not to over heat. (search the forum if you dont know what is tire heat) If your opponent is pro, he will reach you in the middle of check point 2 or near check point 3 of the race. when it reach me, i try to block him as much as i can. and attack on any of the corners near finish line. some drivers will nervous and try to speed it up to catch you. depends on the opponent, the tire will slowly used up and ending up losing boost on the check point 3 and 4. Its a risky plan and will ruin your race if mistake occurs.

Slow slow fast fast. well this common for all IDAS5 out there. saving tire and burn your boost till the very end.

This post has been edited by Joshima on Apr 23 2010, 02:25 AM
DigiBunny
Posted: Apr 19 2010, 07:34 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

i rather like being chaser. I dont psyche myself out, i can nitpick someone's line, and it's very hard to block someone if they're out accelerating you through corners via tire boost. I try not to lead unless it's a significant mistake by the opponent.
tkrd48
Posted: Apr 19 2010, 05:33 PM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

Blocking is consider skill, but what I mean is to just disturb the chaser line i.e.. when your opponent is try to pass you before entering the corner the idle line for the leading car is in the middle of the road and then eat the inner line very hard... But I prefer to just attack the course if the opponent is saving the boost. I will try to save boost base on specific corner rather by cp....
LETS*
Posted: Apr 20 2010, 12:24 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 34,407

Hmm...in battles, I'd just drive normally just like how I do my TAs. Would occasionally block the opponent but then not sure whether its safe to do so considering that my opponent never did in the first place.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Apr 20 2010, 05:15 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

as much as possible, i'll try my best to get start-up...

i'd prefer leading over chasing... because when i'm leading, my primary objective is simply not to let my opponent through... the margin for error while leading is bigger compared to chasing... even if i'm leading and i make a mistake somewhere, as long as i can keep my opponent behind me, then that would be fine... based on experience in vs. battles from IDv3-ID5, i've won more races wherein i'm leading rather than doing the chasing (roughly 70% of my vs. wins are in instances wherein i'm leading)...

unlike before wherein i really hate chasing, it's now just fine with me because i admit i won't always get start-up... and in the higher loops of LOTS, start-up advantage won't be yours for long...
junetrish024
Posted: Apr 20 2010, 06:13 AM

The 5a.m.-coffee-drinking- Evo.IV-driver

Member No.: 20,298

It depends...

Before...

If it's a newb I'm battling... I'd like go 'playing the monkey' style...
If I know the guy's good but I can keep up with him, I'd go all out after a few corners or right before the end...
If it's someone I know and I know he's really good, all out is the way...
If it's someone I don't know and can feel he's good, I'd be the chaser...

I know it's kinda evil with a newb...

But things changed...

I kinda respect the guy I battle so I go all out even if he's a newb... That's my share of respecting my opponent...
DigiBunny
Posted: Apr 20 2010, 07:00 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

QUOTE (junetrish024 @ 47 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
It depends...

Before...

If it's a newb I'm battling... I'd like go 'playing the monkey' style...
If I know the guy's good but I can keep up with him, I'd go all out after a few corners or right before the end...
If it's someone I know and I know he's really good, all out is the way...
If it's someone I don't know and can feel he's good, I'd be the chaser...

I know it's kinda evil with a newb...

But things changed...

I kinda respect the guy I battle so I go all out even if he's a newb... That's my share of respecting my opponent...

Personally, i dont see toying with a noob as evil.

i think of it as giving him his money's worth; it's one hell of a trip downhill when you know the guy behind you is right up your bumper and trying to pass. Getting smoked then and there before the 2nd checkpoint kills off the fun of a battle.

Or maybe i do it so many times, im densensitized to morality.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Apr 20 2010, 09:34 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

^ i used to do that in past, even in the v3 days... wherein i would intentionally give my opponent a headstart, anywhere from 100-400 meters... but i don't like chasing that much, that's why i scrapped that habit... besides, i've lost some battles wherein i gave my opponent too much of a headstart... XD

i now think of battles with equal importance as TA runs, so i don't care who my opponent is, i'll go all out from start to finish even if he/she has no idea how to play the game properly...
Joshima
  Posted: Apr 23 2010, 02:23 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 33,827

Same as i do. i dont see toying with newbies is a bad thing. i find that sometimes play like a noob can discover new skills. like in happo, either outbound or inbound, check point 4, u can just go all in stepping on the gas like a freak. but also with driver's handling to avoid hitting too much walls to maintain speed to put a very high pressure on the opponent. plus if you win a noob just alittle bit like 20~30m before finish line, mostly they will feel like "damn nearly can win em, i dont believe next round your luck will be the same". well thats how i do if i got no money to play. haha.
krauserhong
Posted: Apr 26 2010, 01:14 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 35,339

Actually I depend on what situation. Not only you know the guys who start infront will spend all you tire and boost. Actually you can cheat him when you infront. The main thing you have to do is control your acceleration and tolerant. Untill behind the last, show your real skill. when you change your speed suddently or rhythm, your opponent may can't adapt your rhythm, he will try to get faster, than, the guys who finish the tire and boost first will become to him. worstly, he will get misstake. such as the Nagao la. hAHAHAHAHA w00t2.gif
junetrish024
Posted: Apr 26 2010, 07:56 AM

The 5a.m.-coffee-drinking- Evo.IV-driver

Member No.: 20,298

^ i used to do that in past, even in the v3 days... wherein i would intentionally give my opponent a headstart, anywhere from 100-400 meters... but i don't like chasing that much, that's why i scrapped that habit... besides, i've lost some battles wherein i gave my opponent too much of a headstart... XD

i now think of battles with equal importance as TA runs, so i don't care who my opponent is, i'll go all out from start to finish even if he/she has no idea how to play the game properly...

Usually the V3 newb battle is boost on shen give chase...
TOJI
Posted: May 19 2010, 08:00 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 31,300

If a battle is boost on and your opponent always stay behind purposely to wait till the end to pass, what is the best way to counter this act? (they will have boost on and their tires are still good) Still having trouble dealing with these kind of battles?

This post has been edited by TOJI on May 19 2010, 08:06 AM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 06:23 PM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

If it's Boost ON with a noob, I'll follow him/her until the halfway through Checkpoint 4 then I outrun him/her to the finish line.

If it's Boost ON with a pro, I'll go full throttle. When it's about halfway through CP4, I'll let the opponent pass and when it's the last turn, full throttle again. This is kinda risky, but I win using this most of it.

If it's Boost OFF with a noob, go all out. I don't care about the enemy.

If it's Boost OFF with a pro, still going all out. I don't really like racing a pro though.

Before the battle, I'll observe my enemy. If he/she is looking for a battle and is weak enough, I'll battle...

To TOJI, there isn't a way to block that kind of enemy, just pray that he/she won't do that.

This post has been edited by Takahashi Rensuke on Sep 5 2010, 06:26 PM