Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Queen of Times - Ever and Ever

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

30 Pages  « 14 15 16 17 18 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 49,947  ·  Replies: 734 
> Another Z Project? OH NOES!
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jul 9 2010, 03:16 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 4 hours, 10 minutes ago)
IMO, the only thing of great value in dons old Z was his passenger seat, which was mintier than anything Wrigley makes.

Although i know you're gonna repaint the Z, i need to let you know that i absolutely LOVE red Z's.  If i had a Z, it would be red. So I must say, awesome choice of colors, even though I guess you didnt have a "choice" of color to begin with. tongue.gif

now lets get the ball back rolling again with your project! once again, im willing to donate some of my time to help you out with it.

I freaking miss my old seats SO MUCH!!! Oh my god, if they find the 280Z and the seats are still there I'm SO keeping them and swapping them into the 240Z, holy crap. My current seats are uh... well, uh, remember Matt's seats? Yeaaaah... laugh.gif

Car is currently in hock because it failed a Light/Brake Inspection as is required to turn it from a "Salvage" into a "Driveable" car. Boo. But no worries, it's being fixed right now and will be street legal by noon tomorrow. f**k year!

Also, I fixed the b*tchin'-ass radio. It's so freaking awesome, seriously. The damn thing even knows what station name and song/artist are playing ON THE RADIO. How does that work!? I feel so old that this is my first time seeing such a function! whistling.gif However this means I don't feel that bad about having lost my ghetto-blaster $10 iPhone speaker when the 280Z got jacked. Screw it, I've got a REAL audio system now! w00t2.gif

Curiously missing is the cigarette lighter. Huh. I'll have to see what I can do about that, I need it to charge my phone. tongue.gif

Anyway, more updates as they're available, as usual.

One more thing...

I got an e-mail from a guy on HybridZ today saying that my complete 300ZX engine management system was shipped today. It's a 1988 300ZXT ECU, a 200SX airflow meter, 200SX wiring harness and VG chopper wheel. Pretty much everything I need to use it as the engine management for the L28ET project. wink2.gif It should arrive Monday or Tuesday. Fufufufu.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
sideways
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 03:52 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Hey, seat. Singular tongue.gif My passenger is damn good save for the thinnest/smaller paper cut in one spot, otherwise it looks Aaaaaallmost as good as new. Ill have to snag some pics one of these days. Drivers? Ya it got eaten by a pitbull or something. Least its comfy enough tongue.gif

Awesome on the car man, VERY very awesome. I cant wait to see you diving that thing with the turbo engine. With how far youve gone by all means youll have a Z as fast as mine, if not faster. Youre going to be limited by your injectors for the most part. That said however I wouldnt venture far past 350 whp, any higher and the pistons become a issue and the transmissions become glass.

Well have to Z it up on the track very soon. Have any realistic expectations for when you hope to that the car finished or at least track worthy?
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jul 9 2010, 08:36 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (sideways @ 4 hours, 43 minutes ago)
Hey, seat. Singular tongue.gif My passenger is damn good save for the thinnest/smaller paper cut in one spot, otherwise it looks Aaaaaallmost as good as new. Ill have to snag some pics one of these days. Drivers? Ya it got eaten by a pitbull or something. Least its comfy enough tongue.gif

Awesome on the car man, VERY very awesome. I cant wait to see you diving that thing with the turbo engine. With how far youve gone by all means youll have a Z as fast as mine, if not faster. Youre going to be limited by your injectors for the most part. That said however I wouldnt venture far past 350 whp, any higher and the pistons become a issue and the transmissions become glass.

Well have to Z it up on the track very soon. Have any realistic expectations for when you hope to that the car finished or at least track worthy?

Finished or track-worthy... well. The motor swap is first, and that'll hopefully be within a month or two. Fixing up the body, getting proper wheels and tires, getting proper suspension, that junk... that's gonna take a while. I have no idea, because it's mostly money-limited. With luck, not too long. It would be nice to have a sweet-ass Z by the end of the year. Like I said, we'll see. happy.gif
r3d$unz
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 09:29 PM

GRRRR...YO! Apachai daio~!!

Member No.: 1,533

I think its awesome you managed to gt one so quick! No real input since I don't know much about the car but congrats lol
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jul 11 2010, 02:57 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (r3d$unz @ Jul 9 2010, 10:29 PM)
I think its awesome you managed to gt one so quick! No real input since I don't know much about the car but congrats lol

Thanks! I know I've said it before, but I just keep finding myself saying it... having the 280Z stolen was probably the best thing that could've happened. laugh.gif The 280Z was a learning experience. It taught me a lot about S30Z problems and fixes. It was my first RWD car. The actual process of it being stolen taught me things about theft prevention. But the car was trash. It taught me what trash was. It taught me what to avoid.

This car is making up for that with leaps and bounds. Yes, it has some issues that need to be resolved. I'm working on that. The basic frame is solid, the instruments work, the motor runs, the transmission is good, the suspension's good, the tires are good... I actually feel I got my 2500 worth out of it rather than being disappointed. I've only had the car for three days (well... one and a half. I wasn't able to drive it much on day one, I took it into a shop on day two where it sat overnight getting work done, so today was the first time I really drove it) and it's put a smile on my face. Strap into the busted-up '71 seats, grip the woodgrain wheel and shift knob, crank the starter and prime the carbs... and be off.

Hell, forget that. I'll just go through the day. Pics after storytime is over.

11:30 AM
Woke up, got freshed, slapped on some comfy clothes and walked downtown. I figured rather than have the shop shuttle me over, I'd just get some exercise. This ended up being somewhat sad as I kinda forgot about that little thing called sunburning (hahaha oops, shows how much I've gone outside in the daytime lately eh?). The shop was 4 miles away, so it was a pretty good hike. On the way, I spotted this.

user posted image

B*tchin'.

1:00 PM
So I get into the shop and the car's still up on the rack, apparently getting the last bit of brake work done. Car gets done, I'm given the keys and I'm off. The new brakes are good--the work was much better than the work on the 280Z was. The fronts still squeal and pull right (but apparently this isn't a problem with California since they issued a brake certification anyway), but the rears are rock-solid. The pedal is rock-solid. The parking brake is rock-solid. It's awesome. I'll have to get the fronts looked at sometime (or shit, replace them myself! they're just disc brakes, I can do that), but for now it works and it passed the state inspection for recertification. The car is road legal again! Woo!

2:00 PM
I figured I'd stop by Motorsport Auto and pick up some ignition points, a rotor and cap. They're pretty close by. However, they closed at 1 and it was just past 2. Crap. This ended up being a blessing in disguise but more about that later. So instead I drove the car back towards home, took it to my usual oil place, had the oil and other fluids and crap done, then went home to get ready for and go to work.

8:00 PM
After work it was off to get the car inspected by the Sidewayses. On the way up there was a guy in a (censored) who got up behind me and wanted to (censored) so I (censored) around (censored) until he exited and I kept on going. It was pretty cool, though it kinda proved to me that either something was up with my motor or the L24 really is gutless. I hope it's the former, hopefully carbs being not right or timing or something. I swear I've seen videos of stock 240Zs sounding more mean than mine does. I dunno. However, the ride was nice and my radio working helped too.

8:45 PM
Pulled in and got a teardown just like back with the 280Z the first time. Here's what we 'learned'.
  • The car has more metal (read: not bondo) than was thought. It really is a nice body. Well, except for the part where...
  • ...a shopping cart carrying a 12-pack of soda cans hit it on the rear bumper, subsequently crumpling the right rear quarter. DATSUN 240Z: YOU ARE THE CRUMPLE ZONE. It's cool, I'll fix it. No, seriously! It'll look like this when I'm done!
  • The leaking fuel tank is apparently a common thing. Some seal on the sending unit being crappy. For now I'm just filling it halfway so it doesn't leak, but good to know it's something simple rather than the tank being cracked. Woo!
  • The car used to have A/C but someone removed the compressor...and left all the rest of the junk. What the hell.
  • Remember how I said that Motorsport Auto being closed was a blessing? That's because the car doesn't have points-style ignition. Someone converted it to electronic ignition. Holy crap. I had no clue. Mostly because they stuffed the ignition module somewhere it doesn't belong. Check out the pic later for more on that ridiculousness.
  • Clutch needs adjustment. Apparently it engages too high. Aside from first occasionally being angry, I personally like it. It means I can just flick the clutch to shift.
  • That b*tchin'-ass radio? Apparently a $77 Wal-Mart Special. Props to Wal-Mart for carrying something so awesome! Seriously, who needs an Alpine when you can have a uh... what was it again? laugh.gif
  • Suspension is NICE. Not just the springs, but there were other changes. The steering rack looks newish, still has the nice rubber boots. Rear end must have been redone because there's not even the slightest clunk to it. Car sits proper, tires don't rub, handles pretty good even if the ride is a tad on the harsh side. Woo!
  • Tail-lights should be re-wired because they work stupidly. I agree.
  • Sadly, the interior lights not working isn't a fuse issue--at least, it doesn't appear that way. The fusebox was intact, fresh-looking, and had fresh-looking fuses in it. Now, as I learned from the 280Z, that doesn't mean much--the fuses could be the wrong rating for all I know. However, it doesn't appear to be a simple fix. Curiously, there are some wires hanging from the steering column very similarly to the ones on my old car. Huh.
  • The turn signals working 50% of the time? That was my mistake. I wasn't used to how the turn signal stalk works on a 240Z. Apparently if you just push it into position, it's for "passing" and if you shove it all the way it's the actual turn signal. No clue, but now I can make the turn signal indicators appear 100% of the time so no real complaints there.
  • There was some real ghetto shit done to this motor. I think it's missing some hoses... and some of the hoses it does have are not the right kind of hose... I dunno. It just doesn't look right to me. I'm gonna have to compare to the service manual and see what's going on. The serious-looking oil leak from around the distributor area bugs me too.

Woo! Tomorrow I think there'll be some shop time involved, which will also be the first time I've seen my motor since the work was done on it. Bwahahahaha!

10:30 PM
All went to Denny's for dinnerish gathering. Stayed for over an hour and a half chatting up all sorts of crap and watching as some overzealous motorcycle cops pulled over everyone who so much as dared to go a single mile-per-hour over the limit. Hell, it was so bad that I ended up walking out of the Denny's so I could snap this picture.

user posted image

12:30 AM
Afterward I had to get to the freeway but there was a police checkpoint in my way. Frickin' balls. For those who aren't aware, it's a place where police close off the road and stop you to request your driver's license and ask you questions about if you've been drinking or doing drugs and where you're going and all that shit. So there were bike cops pulling people over at the intersection right before a police checkpoint? Now, I know I've heard cops say that they don't have quotas... but that's BS. What explanation is there for that much police activity? Jesus. I mean, it was crazy!

So I pull in, give them my license, tell them I'm on my way home from visiting friends and all that junk. I get my license back and they wave me on. As I start to pull away, another cop jumps out and flags me down. I'm thinking oh shit, this is it. They ran the plates. They know it's not registered yet. I just bought it! Don't I have a 10-day grace period!? Oh f**k.

The cop tips his visor and glances over the car. "Hey there. What year's this?" he asks casually.

"It's a '71," I reply, trying not to give away that I'm sweating bullets at the thought of not making it home.

"Sweeeeet. A'ight, get outta here," he says, waving me on and walking back to the rest of his teammates.

I love this car.

Now then, for the new pics!

user posted image
Here's the interior. The seats were like that when I bought it. Bleh. I miss my old seats. The dash is cracked but you know, the rest of the interior's pretty damn cool. Shouldn't be too hard to fix up. Certainly easier than my old car!

user posted image
Driver's side of the motor. I don't think those hoses are up to spec, especially the one coming out the side of the thermostat housing. The hell is that? Oh, and the dark black hose running along the far fender? A/C hose that goes nowhere. Condenser is still there. The hell? I love the ghetto oxidized screw blocking something off between the carbeuretors, too.

user posted image
Ooh, a ceramic resistor!--wait...it's not wired into anything. WTF? What's with all those wires coming off the ballast? They look like they go out in front of the car someplace, where the bumper is...

user posted image
Oh. Uh. Hi there. Yes, the ignition module for the electronic ignition is ziptied to the underpanel just behind the front bumper, next to the horns. What the...what the jesus? Why?! WHY!? I'm so moving this back into the engine bay. I'm worried it'll get knocked loose and leave me stranded, personally.

user posted image
Passenger's side of the motor. Yay for ghetto-looking hoses!

user posted image
More of the ghetto-looking hoses! And a sad-looking alternator which seems to have problems keeping the lights bright when the motor's idling. After fixing the fusebox on the 280Z, that problem went away. I'm wondering if it's a fuse/wiring thing or if the alternator on this thing is just plain old.

user posted image
Last shot.

That's it for now. See you guys tomorrow, I gotta get some sleep.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 03:56 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Phoenix Wright @ Jul 9 2010, 01:31 PM)
If you go back a page or so, I believe you'll find me saying that I never expected the police to find anything in the first place. There was nothing of value in the 280Z. It was a stock car with a stock engine and nothing more. No center console, no radio, no speakers, no alarm, no aftermarket junk... I can't imagine it was stolen for any other reason than a joyride, in which case I don't expect it recovered.

If it is recovered, that would be a pleasant surprise.

Yes, I read that post. I was just wondering if there was any update from the police regarding it.

Also I love it when people flag you down to ask about the car. Zeta got a few questions back in the day, mostly along the lines of whether or not it was turbocharged and how fast it accelerated. Nobody commented on the wing, which was surprising.

This post has been edited by Tyrael on Jul 11 2010, 03:59 AM
DCC #77
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 04:22 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,757

Over here in Aus we generally refer to them as RBTs, or Random Breath Test stations. Same deal, they flag down drivers on the road, quick breatho, another cop gives your car a quick once over and generally sends you on your way after a few minutes.

Happened to me yesterday, and I'd passed by the spot going the other direction only 20mins beforehand, so it's kinda hard to predict when it happens. I considered myself lucky since the front left tire on mine is just about down to the wear markers. I have a set of brand new 165s on steelies to swap straight over from the 205s so it might be a sign to get it over with already, I'm not keen on getting defected anytime soon.

I haven't followed this thread from the start, but you're doing an awesome job from what I've seen. Sucks about the 280 but I'm sure you're loving the new acquisition right now rather than lamenting it's loss. I'm lucky enough to know someone with an original 240K (KPGC110 Skyline if I remember correctly) and it's made me want to own 6 cylinder Datsun years from now, though it'd most likely be an S30 chassis as I do love the shape and the sound of an L series.

Keep up the great work, do it proud! smile.gif

Möbius
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 06:39 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

It's like the guy who had it before tried to use the cheapest hoses possible, those are a single step up from using green garden hose. laugh.gif
Drew
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 09:12 AM

Bought not Built

Member No.: 12,733

Good GOD is that awesome!!!

Not nearly as clean looking, but still awesome in it's own uniquely cool way.

And then there's the slot mags...oh jesus those mags. Good luck with it and all Don! You'll need it.
MetalMan777
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 11:45 AM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

When you relocate that electronic ignition module be sure to keep it away from the hot parts of your engine. Put it on the far side of your air cleaner or somesuch. Particularly with turbo motors, there's a lot of heat under that hood, you want to keep your important electronics safe. I've seen electronic water pumps and HID headlight ballast fry. That's not something you want to deal with.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jul 11 2010, 11:29 PM

ShiMACHaze

Roger that!

Today was productive as expected. Went up to the shop and got to chill for a while, talk with everyone, watch cars get tuned and fixed up, all that delicious junk. Breakdown of the memorable moments are as follows.
  • Sorry Sensation...: Borrowed Sensation's car to hit up a 7-11 for a soda run. I hadn't ever had a chance to really drive it, so I was pretty excited. Finally got used to the sensitive-as-hell clutch and went through the gears on it once. Not bad! Consulted GPS and discovered that the 7-11 was behind us, so powerslided a U-Turn through first and second gear. Tire smoke smell like crazy and then the rear end felt a little funny. I was tempted to ask Sensation if his alignment was off, but figured he already knew.

When we got out at the 7-11, we discovered that the passenger rear tire was pretty much flat. Oops. Sorry man. Got sodas, limped the car back and had it checked out. There was a visible hole in the tire leaking massive amounts of air. The problem was temporarily solved by coating a screw in liquid gasket and shoving it into the gap. Ghetto Garage: T3H WINN4R!
  • Sorry Sensation... Part Two: The reason Sensation had brought his car in the first place was because he had a crack in his driver's side fender well where the metal had come apart. After getting the car into the shop and removing the wheel, it turned out that there were two more cracks in said fender well. Much grinding later welding began on it. Poor Sensation was walking around like a father whose newborn was in the ICU. Considering his car repeatedly caught fire and threw sparks all over the engine bay (and boost solenoid), that's understandable. The end result was pretty good though, apparently it's a lot more solid. The welds were covered up with black rattlecan and the wheel well was baptised with a smiley black rattlecan face. That's JDM tyte, yo.
  • Those carburetors, they no es bueno: Decided to bring the Z in and have it get looked at to see if there was anything that could be done to improve how the car runs. Unfortunately not--the car put about 108 HP to the wheels but didn't much like doing it. It doesn't idle right and basically the carbs need to be rebuilt. And it's weeping oil from the head gasket. Since that rebuild isn't ever going to happen, it's on to the turbo motor!
  • Well there's your problem!: Apparently, while Sensation and I were gone, the Z got a more thorough inspection than I probably would have liked. It was discovered that the damage was perhaps a slight bit more severe than previously thought (still fixable--with money. I'm gonna ask a friend of my dad's who's restoring an old limo about it), and that the collision had knocked the filler neck from the gas tank, damaging it. That would be the massive gas leak that happens whenever it's more than half full. Luckily I do have that spare tank, but now I gotta prioritize reconditioning and installing it since the current one... it's kinda uh... no good.
  • Just needed some love!: While waiting for the dyno to be ready, Sidewaysstarion discovered the problem where you can't open the driver's door from the inside. Not content with leaving it as a quirk, he apparently felt around and found the issue, properly lubricating the rod that goes from the lower handle to the latch mechanism. What do you know, now that the rod moves properly, the handle works! I don't have to roll down the window to let myself out! I love it! Also, apparently the potentiometer that controls the instrument lights may be damaged. An easy fix? I'll try bypassing it and see what happens.
  • Granny shifting, not double-clutching like you should...: Something Sideways discovered that I hadn't known about was that while 1st gear is definitely touchy (misadjusted clutch?), the angry 2nd gear can be bypassed by just double-clutching. It's going to take some getting used to, but he's definitely right--double-clutching it makes the shift into second smoooth. 'Course, gotta decide on whether to recondition the transmission or get another one for the new motor. Sigh.

In other news, I should have a parts list of what remaining parts need to be acquired for the motor within the next few days so I can price out the remainder of my swap. I'm like this close to having that L28ET in my car. This close! It's killing me! Tomorrow I go to try again at getting the car legal, as well. Wish me luck, I suppose. The 300ZX ECU components should arrive tomorrow too. Woo!

That's it for today. See you all later!

user posted image
Kiroshino
Posted: Jul 12 2010, 04:41 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

A bit late, but sorry to hear about your old Z. Nice find on the new one, though. smile.gif

I've said this before, but I really like the styling of these older Datsuns. If only I didn't live in such a rust-prone region... dry.gif
Alex
Posted: Jul 12 2010, 10:01 AM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

Looks like some sick nasty Viper on the lift next to you. Is that Sideways' shop?
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jul 12 2010, 05:48 PM

ShiMACHaze

Hey, hey! Time to update this psuedo-blog again.

Alex: Indeed, that's the shop sideways worked at. And yes, that is indeed a very sick-ass Viper on the rack there.

Kiroshino: No worries on the old Z, and thanks for the props on the new one. Move out to California! laugh.gif Plenty of cars here to enjoy!

Today I got to drive the thing around some more and figured out the fine art of getting my synchroless transmission working right. If you clutch in for a few seconds before dropping it into first from a stop, it gives the transmission time to spin down so it doesn't grind first. I've got the double-clutch into second from first down pat, but it's still troublesome going from third to second that way. I have trouble remembering to clutch out in neutral while doing the rev-match before going to second. My reflexes aren't used to the extra step, so it'll take a few days before I get that part down.

The DMV trip was... interesting to say the least. After lots of going back and forth with the paperwork it was decided that there was indeed a way to legally register the car with what paperwork I had. See, the whole problem stems from the fact that someone tried to buy the vehicle from Jimmy before I did, began to register it then dropped it and gave the car back. Because he had started to register it, it still shows in the system as being the other guy's car. That's a problem, as I've never met the other guy.

So they figured out a way to make him the official seller and have me buy it from him instead, eliminating the need for any further signatures, papers or any other mess. The problem now was that I'd been at the DMV for two hours and so it was too late to do anything more than process paperwork. As such, the car is 98% legal to drive. What's left on it is a final DMV inspection as well as surrendering the license plates. That'll be done tomorrow, and thankfully can be done without paying money and without standing in line. Thank god for that. DMVs suck.

Once those two things are done, the car will officially be mine to own, so I can contact my insurance company and complete the transfer. Woo! I'm almost there! Just one day away!

As expected, the 300ZX engine management parts showed up today as well, so there's that. Once I have a parts list ready for the new motor I can start chipping away at the few things between me and having a sweet-ass Z.

Speaking of which, I talked to my dad's friend about restoration shops and was pointed towards a guy who does classic car restoration over in Fullerton. I'm gonna stop by and see what he thinks about the damage and what the cost would be to restore it. It'll be expensive, that's for sure... but I want to know just how far I'm getting into this thing.

That's it for today's update, more tomorrow night as usual. happy.gif
Rudy
Posted: Jul 12 2010, 10:25 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
MattW
Posted: Jul 12 2010, 10:56 PM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

QUOTE (Kiroshino @ Yesterday, 7:41 AM)
A bit late, but sorry to hear about your old Z. Nice find on the new one, though. smile.gif

I've said this before, but I really like the styling of these older Datsuns. If only I didn't live in such a rust-prone region... dry.gif

I can find clean Datsuns all day on Craigslist up here in CT.
Rudy
Posted: Jul 12 2010, 10:59 PM

Unregistered

Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jul 13 2010, 02:29 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Miles Edgeworth @ 3 hours, 29 minutes ago)
Nezt time you spot a Z31, drop me a line eh?

I'm in the market for an NA 5MT T-top - but will go hardtop worst case scenario...

A first-gen 300ZX... t-top... with no turbo. I'm not sure you could get much further away from what most people would consider 'desireable' but I suppose to each their own...

Anyway, thanks for the info on the alternator. I won't bother spending money on it now--I'll leave it as a 'quirk' as you said. The new motor will have a nice, shiny new alternator that should solve the problem nicely. happy.gif
Drew
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 04:22 AM

Bought not Built

Member No.: 12,733

QUOTE (Miles Edgeworth @ 5 hours, 23 minutes ago)
Nezt time you spot a Z31, drop me a line eh?

I'm in the market for an NA 5MT T-top - but will go hardtop worst case scenario...

Z31? Enjoy your automotive fail. *snickers at poor car choice*

Hell to the yes on the dyno runs with the weaksauce L24 Don. Now get to work on the L28 so we can see some awesome shit.

Kiroshino
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 05:13 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

QUOTE (MattW @ 6 hours, 17 minutes ago)
I can find clean Datsuns all day on Craigslist up here in CT.

Here in NJ, a 240z in this shape would probably go for $8k+... if you can find one. A running, restored 280zx is like $6k+. Anything below $3k tends to be a major rust bucket or bondo king. dry.gif

Drifter: You still looking for a 2+2?
Rudy
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 03:16 PM

Unregistered

peemyTNBow
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 10:36 PM

Unregistered

No, everyone would just laugh at you for being an idiot.
Shirogane
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 10:43 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (BmwNeoType @ 7 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
No, everyone would just laugh at you for being an idiot.

At least there has been a "feasibly ideal" Z31...

...If you have the means of acquiring on an RB26 block. Like everyone else has dreamed up for.

This post has been edited by JZX100 on Jul 13 2010, 10:44 PM
Sensation!
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 11:03 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

fine fine! i guess its my turn to take a jab at drifter tongue.gif

i wonder, how long will the z31 last before it dies of pre-mature engine failure like that cars thats come before it?

i remember telling s12 drifter that MD and him were almost the same person...
this continues to prove it....

my suggestion to drifter? buy a z31 that DOESNT run, and fix it until it does run. for one, your're building rebuilding a motor with hopefully brand new parts, and second, its the exact opposite of what you've BEEN doing with cars, its time to change things up lol

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Jul 13 2010, 11:06 PM
Shirogane
Posted: Jul 13 2010, 11:06 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 3 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
fine fine! i guess its my turn to take a jab at drifter tongue.gif

i wonder, how long will the z31 last before it dies of pre-mature engine failure like that cars thats come before it?

i remember telling s12 drifter that MD and him were almost the same person...
this continues to prove it....

'Cept one lives in NJ and the other lives in Florida lol

30 Pages  « 14 15 16 17 18 »