Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 12 unique listeners, playing Tabidachi

Important Rules
ā€¢ Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
ā€¢ Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

Ā» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  « 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 19,434  ·  Replies: 87 
> The Adult Beverages Discussion Thread
The Sixth Element
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 12:26 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

QUOTE (xiao_la @ Oct 14 2015, 09:56 PM)
Okie dokie, so I got inspired by Spaz's bump of this thread to go & make myself a little shripm cocktail. Here's the ingredients; In right to left format, like a proper person that is culturally interested in the culture of Yamato country:

- Sparkling Nomake Cider
- Bacardi Ayako Watanabe Rum
- Original Apex Carver Monster Energy Drink
- Fresh Tsukikomi Orange Juice
- Diet Falberu Senpai Coke
- Classic Spaz Sprite
- Sensation! Blue Flavoured Altoids
- Assorted SgtXDNX Mini-Tequila Samplers
- Tess Fire Torch Lighter

- & 1 Crazy Xiao w/No Regard For Tastebuds

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/619/219959951...52d9f8860_k.jpg

56k = Borracho~♪

SPOILER

*15 minutes later*

...ohh holy virgin of Mount Uluru, have mercy on my stomache...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5660/22157440...085d0d624_k.jpg

That's killer FAM. That probably just came out of your mouth the moment you swallowed. laugh2.gif
SHIT HIT THE FAN.
xiao
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 12:48 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

It was the only home-brew way I could produce syrup of ipecac~ user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 02:40 PM

Goddamn Electric

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,073

QUOTE (207 @ 4 hours, 55 minutes ago)
am i the one here who doesnt give a damn about beer? i can count the beer brands i can tolerate or drink without really caring about on 1 hand. there's something about the hops that make beer have 3 distinctive tastes: bitter, sweet or bland. i cant stand the the first 2 tastes and im willing to have some beers without much taste on rare occasions or just for sharing a drink with friends/family occasions. by that i mean in 1 year i may only have only drunk the equivalent of 5 355ml bottles.

Nope, I really don't get the appeal of the stuff. Give me a nice bourbon or scotch any day of the week, or cider if we're gonna be there a while or we're eating a meal. biggrin.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 03:17 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (207 @ 5 hours, 31 minutes ago)
am i the one here who doesnt give a damn about beer? i can count the beer brands i can tolerate or drink without really caring about on 1 hand. there's something about the hops that make beer have 3 distinctive tastes: bitter, sweet or bland. i cant stand the the first 2 tastes and im willing to have some beers without much taste on rare occasions or just for sharing a drink with friends/family occasions. by that i mean in 1 year i may only have only drunk the equivalent of 5 355ml bottles.

Canadian brand beer is one that you'd probably say has not much taste to it but its one i can drink without hating the taste while disregarding its flavor. Sapporo is a bit on the bitter side but i can drink it without too much issues. i really dont like Coors, despise the taste. the first bottle was fine until the last 1/4 of the bottle. the last part was disgustingly sweet and any other Coors after that tastes just as sweet from the start as the last 1/4 of the first bottle i ever drank.

@xiao: lol, i get the joke. unfortunately i prefer Cirno's design and abilities a bit more.

Beer, like eggnog, is an acquired taste. There are good beers and then there's Corona. I can drink most any beer without finding it too repugnant to down, but (hopefully without appearing too snobbish) there really aren't any mainstream beers that I'd go out of my way to buy for the taste alone. To me, beer is just something with alcohol in it that I can drink a lot of.

tl;dr - beer is only good for drinking games.

Let's talk real drinks. How about that Kraken? Meme drink of the masses, sure, but damn if it isn't actually pretty good.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 03:47 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 30 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
Let's talk real drinks. How about that Kraken? Meme drink of the masses, sure, but damn if it isn't actually pretty good.

Stuff's great for making Dark and Stormys, that's for sure. Two parts Kraken, three parts Bundaberg ginger beer and a splash of Angostura bitters if you want something a little different. Bloody magical, I could drink it by the pitcher.
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 04:46 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (xiao_la @ 4 hours, 40 minutes ago)
Ohh mans, yeah, I just consume beer to be social; but the proper way to get smashed is definitely liqueur~ Smirnoff wine coolers & Bacardi chick drinks & that little Skyy Blue elixir are a must when I'm feeling cheeky. :3

Cirno? #9 has no relation to BlazBlue, mang. I was strictly talking about f☆p'ing to video game characters! XD

...I mean Cirno's super cute, don't me wrong. http://i.imgur.com/gpan11A.gif

i could get used to the bland beers if i wanted to but i see no point in doing so. id rather pay $20-30 for a 750 bottle and make some savings there. there's also the fact the liquor bottle is much smaller than any decent size case of beer with alot of bottle in it. the orange rum screwdriver is really good. the coolers are a bit slower to get drunk on than the +40% bottles

lol and here i was thinking you're talking about touhou games. i tried that once at anime convention, did go well never played it. i pretty much mashed buttons hoping for some sort of atk/combo.

i dont think i'll ever acquire a taste for beer, i cant even stand regular coffee. i dont mind those sweet mocha coffees but anything stronger or less fancy is just too bitter for me. im 90% tea drinker with the last 10% for occasional mochas. i havent ever tried corona but i dont ever plan on doing so. eggnog is fricking great, especially with a sprinkle of cinnamon or hot cocoa powder.

kraken rum is pretty good though its not my favorite one. currently Bacardi 8yr is the favorite but i havent really found one that i like the best just yet.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 16 2015, 04:55 PM
The Sixth Element
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 08:34 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 5 hours, 17 minutes ago)
Beer, like eggnog, is an acquired taste. There are good beers and then there's Corona. I can drink most any beer without finding it too repugnant to down, but (hopefully without appearing too snobbish) there really aren't any mainstream beers that I'd go out of my way to buy for the taste alone. To me, beer is just something with alcohol in it that I can drink a lot of.

tl;dr - beer is only good for drinking games.

A true meme drink would be 4 Loko laugh2.gif . Or rather "Ratchet Hip Hop" drink.
APX
Posted: Oct 16 2015, 10:42 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ 2 hours, 7 minutes ago)
A true meme drink would be 4 Loko laugh2.gif . Or rather "Ratchet Hip Hop" drink.

Wrong.

Cough syrup and whatever else the niggas add in the red dixie cup.
xiao
  Posted: Oct 16 2015, 11:46 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Hrmm... you krakerz are making me wanna try the Kraken~♥

Comie~sidering the fact that my favourite Knights of the Zodiac Saint Seiya character's name is Isaac Kraken... I'm surprised I haven't attempted to defile my neurons with such a lovely drink.

Saw this review, and it immediately made me wanna try dat Kraken...

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnVgy3YNyto )
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 17 2015, 05:36 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Official thread theme:

YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/Pe0n5mqkf6c )
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Oct 17 2015, 07:24 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

here's the metal version of the official thread song

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55CqLc6IR0 )
Spaz
Posted: Oct 17 2015, 08:32 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Nothing wrong with not liking beer, it's definitely an acquired taste.
APX
Posted: Oct 17 2015, 01:05 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Seeing that bad looking mix of shit with Sparkling Apple cider...

I wonder what's the one or two mix that would go well with that, anybody have suggestions? smile.gif

4 Pages  « 2 3 4