Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 11 unique listeners, playing Marko Polo - Speedy Speed Boy

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 155,268  ·  Replies: 105 
> Initial D All-In-One Download Thread, The only thread you'll ever need(ed).
kyonpalm
  Posted: Mar 5 2017, 02:49 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (magiblot @ 2 hours, 6 minutes ago)

That's normal. When converting animation (24 fps) to NTSC standard (30 fps), some frames are repeated or mixed. In playback, this results in ghosting. But it's totally soft ghosting, it can be reversed (if, and only if the video is still interlaced -- that's why I need a original VOB file). It's unusual to find unremovable ghosting in NTSC releases. That would mean the production team was very inexpert. More info here.

Obscure standards are not frequent in the world of TV broadcasting. In fact, for I know the standard is 30 fps interlaced, it could contain a 60 fps animation.

That's what all of us would like to do XD but since it might be a difficult search I prefer trying with what we already have in first place.

Interesting. I gotta get ready for a trip soon and I won't be back until the 20th, so I'll definitely rip and post it assuming no one else does before then.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
magiblot
Posted: Mar 5 2017, 05:41 AM

Speed Speed Lover ☆

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,334

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 2 hours, 51 minutes ago)
Interesting. I gotta get ready for a trip soon and I won't be back until the 20th, so I'll definitely rip and post it assuming no one else does before then.

That'd be great, thanks.
xiao
Posted: Mar 5 2017, 09:45 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (magiblot @ 8 hours, 50 minutes ago)
Obscure standards are not frequent in the world of TV broadcasting. In fact, for I know the standard is 30 fps interlaced, it could contain a 60 fps animation..

Isn't the MPAA standard for DVD's something like 27 fps ohmy.gif ~ I'd imagine Japan always followed suit with Hollywood standards but I've never really check'd tho ~ XD

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 6 hours, 44 minutes ago)

Godspeed in Japan my friend! (^o^)/~

If you got time go to a rental-shop & see if they have the original DVD pressing of 1st Stage. I've heard rental stores sell their stuff for beaucoup cheap ~ like Amazon JP re-seller cheap in the 2 to 5 to 10-max dollars range.

Or just rent it & see how the rip of TokyoPop fares compared to the olden R2's on your lappy ~ but yeah dun spend more than 3 bucks on it ... it'd be a cool little adventure if you got time to kill in between business & pleasure ~ ohmy.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
magiblot
Posted: Mar 5 2017, 10:29 AM

Speed Speed Lover ☆

QUOTE (xiao @ 44 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
Isn't the MPAA standard for DVD's something like 27 fps ohmy.gif ~ I'd imagine Japan always followed suit with Hollywood standards but I've never really check'd tho ~ XD

Film is recorded at 24 fps, the same framerate at which most animations are drawn (there might be contemporary animators using other framerates, but that's definitely not the case for anime).

Apart from that, there is the NTSC standard for TV broadcasting and everything that connects to the TV through RCA and S-Video cables: 29.970 fps (which is a periodic decimal number that results from dividing 30 by 1.001). This includes DVDs, VCRs, etcetera. The NTSC standard is used both in America and Japan.

So, films and animations are made a framerate conversion when encoding to DVD (telecine), which can be done easily with interlaced video (3:2 pulldown). NTSC DVD's usually have the advantage that a single framerate conversion was done; for instance, many PAL (Europe) studios get interlaced NTSC video masters and re-convert them directly, so the frame pattern becomes a mess, and ghosting and other artifacts are usually generated (double hard telecine or worse).

Thus, with a NTSC source, it is possible to recover the original 24 fps parts easily by undoing the 3:2 pulldown, which just implies re-ordering the interlaced half-frames (field matching) and then removing the repeated ones (decimation). This does not even require a lot of computational power. Getting 60 fps from interlaced 30 fps (what I intend to do with the CGI parts) does, though.

This post has been edited by magiblot on Mar 5 2017, 11:19 AM
xiao
Posted: Mar 5 2017, 11:18 AM

moon bunny

Woah! I had no idea animation was done differently from film s'far as FPS ~

Do you know what was the main program the studio (OB Planning?) used to produce the original animation for 1st thru 3rd stage? Moreso what program they used for the CGI on all those 3 Stages?

I know 4th Stage's OB Planning used a variant of the Cel-Shader program Michael Arias, that anime director for Studio 4°C, helped develop ~ which had actually been in testing since way back in Capcom's Auto Modellista days ...

Animation by hand to wacom I've no clue what was even used back then ~ Premiere? & CGI all I know is Maya & AutoCAD lol ~ do you know what apps they used back then for both animation & CG? That'd be a super interesting tidbit! ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Mar 5 2017, 11:23 AM
magiblot
Posted: Mar 5 2017, 11:34 AM

Speed Speed Lover ☆

QUOTE (xiao @ 15 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
Woah! I had no idea animation was done differently from film s'far as FPS ~

Do you know what was the main program the studio (OB Planning?) used to produce the original animation for 1st through 3rd stages? Moreso what program did they use for the CGI on all those 3 Stages?

I know 4th Stage's OB Planning used a variant of the Cel-Shader program Michael Arias, that anime director for Studio 4°C, helped develop ~ which had actually been in testing since way back in Capcom's Auto Modellista days ...

Animation by hand to wacom I've no clue what was even used back then ~ Premiere? & CGI all I know is Maya & AutoCAD lol ~ do you know what apps they used back then for both animation & CG? That'd be a super interesting tidbit! ohmy.gif

Haha, I guess I really should excuse myself for explaining so many strange things nobody asked for -- but I can't stand being an Initial D fan and knowing nothing about cars ~ :'( ~, so I had to compensate it with some video-technical speech user posted image
xiao
Posted: Mar 5 2017, 11:45 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (magiblot @ 9 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
Haha, I guess I really should excuse myself for explaining so many strange things nobody asked for -- but I can't stand being an Initial D fan and knowing nothing about cars ~ :'( ~, so I had to compensate it with some video-technical speech user posted image

haha ~ It's actually pretty interesting tho. online2long.gif

No-one knows anything about cars here lol we're all Programmers, Sushi Chefs, & AV☆Stars ... xiao being the Master Ironâ„¢ Sushi Chef of IDW of course! shifty2.gif paizuri sushi that is!
Meteor
Posted: Mar 5 2017, 01:56 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

do you know what apps they used back then for both animation & CG?

For First Stage, the animation was done with hand painted cels most of the time, if not always. I'm sure there wasn't a dedicated animation app back then, as it wasn't the digipaint era yet, so compositing/editing was probably done with whatever general-use editing software they had at the time. As for CG, 3D Studio Max did exist as far back as 1996, so they probably used that by the time production got started. 3DS Max was probably used for every one of the stages too, as it's pretty much an industry standard.
By the time Second Stage came out, pretty much every animation studio was moving onto digital ink because cel animation cost a lot more. I couldn't find much info on what software they used for 2D animation back then, so my best guess is they just inked and colored the drawings in some image-editing software and then copied them over to some random video editing software later.
I have no idea about Third Stage, but they were using either Flash or RETAS by the time Fourth Stage came out. RETAS is more or less the industry standard for digital 2D animation in Japan now, so I'm guessing every subsequent Initial D anime used that as well.
xiao
Posted: Mar 5 2017, 03:11 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Meteor @ 1 hour, 14 minutes ago)
For First Stage, the animation was done with hand painted cels most of the time, if not always. I'm sure there wasn't a dedicated animation app back then, as it wasn't the digipaint era yet, so compositing/editing was probably done with whatever general-use editing software they had at the time. As for CG, 3D Studio Max did exist as far back as 1996, so they probably used that by the time production got started. 3DS Max was probably used for every one of the stages too, as it's pretty much an industry standard.
By the time Second Stage came out, pretty much every animation studio was moving onto digital ink because cel animation cost a lot more. I couldn't find much info on what software they used for 2D animation back then, so my best guess is they just inked and colored the drawings in some image-editing software and then copied them over to some random video editing software later.
I have no idea about Third Stage, but they were using either Flash or RETAS by the time Fourth Stage came out. RETAS is more or less the industry standard for digital 2D animation in Japan now, so I'm guessing every subsequent Initial D anime used that as well.

Woah-ly-moly! Super interesting Meteor my friend ~ ohmy.gif

Yeah I think I may've been mistaken on the 4th Stage CGI tho ... given I think Cel-Shader's just a plug-in of sorts for beefier 3D applications!
Samoro
Posted: May 2 2017, 09:03 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 46,822

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Dec 15 2014, 12:04 PM)
INITIAL D ANIME - Complete collection. Includes English subs for every series.
UPDATE: Better subs for Battle Stage.
INITIAL D LIVE ACTION - The 2005 film, in its original Cantonese audio with English subtitles.
INITIAL D MANGA - The entire manga (chapters 001-719) in English, including extra stories.
INITIAL D SOUNDTRACKS - All OSTs in FLAC. Alternate torrent, including a link to an MP3 version.

That's it. Initial D in one post. This is everything you could possibly want in the highest quality currently available. No, I won't post links to shitty streaming sites. No, I won't post links to online manga readers. No, I won't post MP3s. If you have a problem with that, get some quality standards and deal with it.

PLEASE READ:

I know a lot of users on this site are still stuck ten years in the past streaming, so I'll go ahead and add this recommendation if you're planning on downloading this (or any other) anime:

KCP - Kawaii Codec Pack

Grab that and install it. Stop using VLC. Jesus Christ, is that WMP? No, I don't care if it "just werks". Get KCP. Are you really that lazy? Okay fine, get CCCP, it's so much easier to install, even a monkey could do it.

What, you don't like FLAC? That's fine, not everyone wants to archive their stuff. MP3s sound just as good anyway. Just grab freac and convert the files down to whatever you want.

You're welcome. Any questions?

BAD NEWS
The page Nyaa.se closed your doors!

It means all the links aren't useful more...
There's some other torrent page we can download the series?
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 2 2017, 09:23 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Nope go buy them legally. troll.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
otacon
Posted: May 3 2017, 12:42 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 48,264

guys the link is dead
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 3 2017, 05:16 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (otacon @ 4 hours, 34 minutes ago)
guys the link is dead

user posted image
xiao
Posted: May 3 2017, 07:46 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (otacon @ Yesterday, 2:42 AM)
guys the link is dead

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 795 x 399. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by xiao on May 4 2017, 11:03 AM
kyonpalm
  Posted: May 3 2017, 08:53 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Nyaa is dead (thank the EU) and BBT is private, so everyone should just use AnimeBytes at this point. I've updated the first post to reflect this. This is frustrating enough already so anyone else posting "UHHH LINK DEEAAADED?!??!" will be kicked in the ass by me immediately.

I'd close this thread but alternatives and links to other new content are always welcome, so here it stays.
Tessou
Posted: May 5 2017, 05:07 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Kickasstorrents and TBP torrent sets for Initial D are still active.
jetpackz
Posted: May 10 2017, 03:10 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 48,293

helppppppppppppppppppp

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
  - Details: Warning has been issued to this post by IDW Report System on May 10 2017, 03:11 PM.
  - Reasons: Flagged for being potential spambot, posting ability removed.
kyonpalm
  Posted: Jun 2 2017, 11:51 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

By request, here's a VOB file from a TokyoPop DVD. This is from disc one of their First Stage box set, which I believe contains the same discs they used for the individual volumes sold separately.
magiblot
Posted: Aug 28 2017, 06:15 AM

Speed Speed Lover ☆

https://nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=initial+d
SEB4EVER
Posted: Aug 31 2017, 12:21 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 45,309

QUOTE (xiao @ Mar 5 2017, 11:18 AM)

Premiere wasn't widely used even though it was introduced back in 2003. Avid Media Composer was introduced back in 1989. It was used in the early 90s and it quickly became the go-to NLE but its price tag was enough to cause a stroke: $100,000-$300,000. Now it costs $1300 and has come a long way in film editing.

Back in early 2000s, Apple and Avid dominated the editing field and continued to be rivals until FCP7 was declared EOL (End of Life in early 2016) and the fact FCPX which was released in 2011 that upset a lot of editors.

Apple had a sub-1000 Final Cut Pro 4 software back in 2003 which was used mostly in TV and film because of the fantastic Apple hardware used back then and it was still being used until 2012.

However, some editors back then were using either a Flatbed editor, Moviola, or any linear editor that was similar because back in those days computers were a hit-and-miss.

This is a condensed answer as I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out but I don't to make this a long post. This is just to give you an general idea.

You can read more: NLEs in the 1990s

This post has been edited by SEB4EVER on Aug 31 2017, 12:21 PM
idforumsBMN
Posted: Sep 11 2017, 01:02 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 35,496

Since nyaa is down, can someone please send me the link to the manga originally posted in this thread?
hen741
Posted: Sep 21 2017, 05:53 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 48,051

QUOTE (idforumsBMN @ Sep 11 2017, 01:02 PM)
Since nyaa is down, can someone please send me the link to the manga originally posted in this thread?

there is now nyaa.si and nyaa.pantsu.cat

requesting a link or magnet link for a complete torrent of inishiaru dee in nipponese with eng subs...I lost everything due to a hdd crash, would highly appreciate it
xiao
Posted: Sep 22 2017, 01:34 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (hen741 @ 7 hours, 38 minutes ago)
Nipponese

Neal Stephenson Hiro Protagonist Snow Crash reference ..

SPOILER
Nerubian
Posted: Sep 22 2017, 06:11 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

QUOTE (hen741 @ Today, 3:53 AM)
there is now nyaa.si and nyaa.pantsu.cat

Oh boy, the domain's name couldn't be any more unimaginative, huh?

However, I'm glad nyaa is back.

This post has been edited by Nerubian on Sep 22 2017, 06:14 AM
kyonpalm
  Posted: Sep 24 2017, 04:15 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

I updated the OP with nyaa.si links to the same content. Thread is no longer obsolete.

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5