Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - time machine

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,671  ·  Replies: 0 
> Die-Cast Model Questions - Jada/Fujimi
DrunkenKong
  Posted: Feb 1 2012, 09:56 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,205

So, I want some Initial D models. Ones that are already assembled/painted for the most part, and are detailed. What's my best bet?

I've seen Jada 1:64, 1:24, and 1:18 scale models on ebay. What's the most detailed scale? I assume 1:64 is the least detailed withe 1:18 being the most?

To my knowledge it's:
1:64 - 6 cars
1:24 - 4 cars
1:18 - 3 cars

I really only want to collect one scale, so it's a decision of amount of cars vs. detail/size. So I'm kinda debating on if I should for the 1:24 or the 1:18. Are they pretty much the same in terms of quality? How do the interiors compare between the 1:24/1:18? Don't care about the character bundles really as the figures seem pretty disappointing. Are the cars in the character bundles the same cars that are sold separately though?

I've also seen Fujimi models for pretty cheap on Japanese hobby sites, they seem like they need quite a bit of assembly though. Let me know if there's some other release out there that is basically out-of-the-box built comparable in detail to the Jadas.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by DrunkenKong on Feb 1 2012, 10:51 AM