Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Spock - The Fire's On Me

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 17,029  ·  Replies: 64 
> My rendition of Keisuke's FD3S, aka my super secret project!
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jun 26 2012, 05:57 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

Are you somehow making a connection between Asians and their godly tetris abilities? Because I like your logic! While it is true that I am a bit of a tetris dork, I'm not sure if it will be physically possible to fit the FD into a space 3/4ths of it's size.

We will see tomorrow when I try to shove the thing into the trunk of the Avalon. Uh wait... The trunk space in an Avalon and a Corolla is basically the same right? Please tell me they are similar in size.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Orisue
Posted: Jun 26 2012, 10:39 PM

The Lurker Kitty

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,618

Push down the back seats viola moar space.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Jun 27 2012, 12:41 PM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

Honda if you make an FC you'll definitly have to use your mad origami skillz to make it collapsible!

Avalon trunk>Corrola trunk, but I think they both have folding rear seats.

This post has been edited by Mazda ina Ford guy on Jun 27 2012, 12:45 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jun 27 2012, 12:50 PM

Patient Zero

An origami FC you say? I shall actually get started on that after AX probably. I'm thinking about making some improvements to the base cardboard frame or changing the dimensions. 3/10ths is much too big. But who shall be my Ryosuke? tongue.gif

Oh yes, still working on throwing the FD into the trunk. Pics will be coming soon. Wish me luck!

Wanderer
Posted: Jun 27 2012, 01:20 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

A little inspiration my friend. happy.gif
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM&feature=youtube_gdata_player )

THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jun 28 2012, 09:02 AM

Patient Zero

Thanks Neto! I was blasting the tetris theme while I was trying to fit the car in the trunk. Now prepare yourself for the silliest post I've made in a while. Hell, I was laughing at myself when I was outside doing this. Anyway, here I go:

So early this morning I grabbed the FD and unlocked the Avalon, it is obviously a beautiful morning today, not a cloud in the sky and the sun to my back. The Avalon sat in my driveway covered in a thin veil of the morning condensation. Clicking the trunk open I stared at the space before me. Setting down the FD I looked at my sister. "You know, I think we can do this. I think it will fit!"

"Heck yeah! Let's do this!" I picked up the FD. Five minutes later, this is what I get:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 900 x 675. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

"Yup. It doesn't work. This sucks. If it can't fit in the Avalon, what makes you think it will fit in a Corolla?" My sister started to wiggle the FD out of the trunk.

"A Corolla is smaller than an Avalon..."

"Great, what do we do now?" My sister walked around the car and slid into the back seat. "Wait... Hey come here! Let's try throwing it in the actual car!" Two minutes later:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 900 x 675. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

After 5 minutes of laughing hysterically in the car, I have confirmed that It is possible to drive with the FD sitting in the back seat. Better yet, people can actually sit in the back seat of the car while it's in there! But then again, this is an Avalon and I'm going in Corolla. I guess now I have to wait two more days before I can see if this actually works. Hold your breath guys! AX is almost upon us! laugh2.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 28 2012, 09:51 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 827 x 550. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I can only imagine what people will think when they see a yellow FD in your back seat. awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Orisue
Posted: Jun 28 2012, 04:05 PM

The Lurker Kitty

Member No.: 37,618

Car ception. Or in my case Remember Me would probably play through my head if i saw a yellow FD in someones back seat.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jun 29 2012, 08:05 AM

Patient Zero

Well, it seems as though there is nothing left to be done. I confirmed it yesterday evening. My aunt coincidentally also has a 2005 Corolla and she stopped by for a visit. I decided that it would be a good idea to try to see if it actually fit inside. Obviously the trunk was a no go and sadly enough the door wouldn't close unless I slammed it. So, I will admit defeat. The FD isn't going to be at AX this year, but I will try everything in my power to get it there next year. I'm sorry for the huge disappointment guys. All of this was caused by a severe lack in planning. sad.gif

kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 29 2012, 09:06 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Wait, whose car are you using? It won't fit in the back seat of it? Why did you test to see if it would fit in the back of the Avalon if you weren't using it anyway?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jun 29 2012, 09:45 AM

Patient Zero

Perry is the one giving me a ride to AX and I was just testing to see if the FD would even fit in a car in the first place. As you can see, it fits in an entry level luxury sedan but just barely. I'll see if I can get a minivan our some other large car to drive me to AX next year.

Meteor
Posted: Jun 29 2012, 09:46 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Could've been less late in posting here. Oh well, better late than never.

The car-in-a-car pic is classic. Thank you very much CG2 laugh.gif
Oh and, best of luck in getting the FD to AX next year. Do take more shots of it then.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Jun 29 2012, 09:48 AM
sometrueno
Posted: Aug 1 2012, 01:20 AM

◆フェアレディZ POWER◆

Member No.: 11,599

just wanted to say this is amazing, you should be proud of wahtever that is

i need to make an 86 one

pat mordaunt all over again
xanmato
Posted: Aug 16 2012, 11:13 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 38,883

That is really cool. I just got started on Initial D and I already want to make stuff like this!
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Aug 16 2012, 11:34 AM

Patient Zero

Its so sweet that my summer project from last year is inspiring people to try doing this themselves. Just a word of advice though from someone who's already been through this, try something lighter than paper mache and don't go so big. I cannot stress that enough. The FD is so huge that it can't fit in compact cars or go through normal doorways easily and its so heavy that it requires two people to move it around. It was great fun making it though, I guess its pretty cool seeing simple sheets of cardboard, newspaper and starch covered in paint and detailing create something so awesome. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me with your inquiries! smile.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3