Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Take Me Higher

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 17,028  ·  Replies: 64 
> My rendition of Keisuke's FD3S, aka my super secret project!
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Oct 12 2011, 10:48 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Yoshida = My main JDM bro.

You got what I meant. I wasn't being mean.

And on the meaning of Gunma - I'll supply a free history lesson!

Also yes, Gunma literally means Herd of Horses or "Horse Group". While I was still in Gunma, I was told that in ancient Japan, Gunma was where Japanese rulers/shogun/samurai and rich people basically, went to get horses, or kept their horses. The prefecture was literally known for Horses. In fact, Gunma's prefectural Mascot is a Horse named "Yuumachan" or sometimes "Gunmachan".

This guy: user posted image

These days, Gunma is known for having the most number of cars of all the prefectures, highest ratio of car per person in Japan (some households have more than 2 or 3 cars with only 1 or 2 people who drive them) and the craziest drivers in all of Japan (Ever wonder why it all started in Gunma? Also explains Gunma's own International PWRC Team Subaru factory backed driver, Toshihiro Arai).

I miss Gunma so much. sad.gif

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON Type R on Oct 12 2011, 10:49 PM
Meteor
Posted: Oct 12 2011, 11:00 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

Just to check, how are the shapes of the brake lamps? I think they're too big and out of proportion but I digress...

The middle circle of each lamp looks more like an oval. I'm thinking you can use a little black paint on the lower areas to make it more circular, but I'm not sure how well the final result would fit. The lamps don't look too bad overall though, so you don't have to worry about fixing the shapes.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 12 2011, 11:18 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ 13 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
Yoshida = My main JDM bro.

You got what I meant. I wasn't being mean.

And on the meaning of Gunma - I'll supply a free history lesson!

Also yes, Gunma literally means Herd of Horses or "Horse Group". While I was still in Gunma, I was told that in ancient Japan, Gunma was where Japanese rulers/shogun/samurai and rich people basically, went to get horses, or kept their horses. The prefecture was literally known for Horses. In fact, Gunma's prefectural Mascot is a Horse named "Yuumachan" or sometimes "Gunmachan".

This guy: http://gunma-dc.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/gunmachan.jpg

These days, Gunma is known for having the most number of cars of all the prefectures, highest ratio of car per person in Japan (some households have more than 2 or 3 cars with only 1 or 2 people who drive them) and the craziest drivers in all of Japan (Ever wonder why it all started in Gunma? Also explains Gunma's own International PWRC Team Subaru factory backed driver, Toshihiro Arai).

I miss Gunma so much. sad.gif

I'm really sorry if it seems as though I have a short temper today. It's just that this week has been really long and I'm feeling a bit under the weather so I'm not looking forward to the weekend. I get really moody when I'm sick so please forgive my attitude if it seems different. I hope you can take my apology even if it seems half-assed. I'm really sorry WRX DEMON. sad.gif

Moving on from this topic, I know that Gunma can also be interpreted as "power" in Chinese if you really want to get creative with it. But I didn't know that there was such a rich history behind the area!

QUOTE (Meteor @ Posted on 10 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
The middle circle of each lamp looks more like an oval. I'm thinking you can use a little black paint on the lower areas to make it more circular, but I'm not sure how well the final result would fit. The lamps don't look too bad overall though, so you don't have to worry about fixing the shapes

Yah, I noticed that they weren't exactly perfect circles. But I literally just threw red paint on it to see how it showed up on the black and kinda left it there. I'll get to detailing them later but I put up a picture of it to get some second opinions on them. I like the idea of adding some different shades to the lamps to make them look like they're lit up, so I'll try it when I go home to work on it again in about a month. pinch2.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jan 8 2012, 09:18 PM

Patient Zero

I'm sorry, it's been well over two months since my last update! I have a good excuse though! The work that I've been doing isn't noticeable unless I give you before and after pictures (and I don't have any before pictures, sorry! pinch2.gif ) and I've been too lazy to take pictures. But most of the touch ups concern the details of the car, mainly the head lights and the tail lights. I've also fixed the kanji problem on the plates so instead of some random Chinese character they actually have Hiragana. You can't really see any of the details because the lighting is so bad, I apologize for that. It was late and there was no natural lighting, so everything looks really dark. Once again, excuse the sloppy backdrops, these were taken in my living room--once again... Here we go!

Front license plate:
user posted image

Back license plate:
user posted image

Head lights up:
user posted image

Tail lights (yeah, you can't really see anything because it's so dark):
user posted image

View of the left side of the car from the RedSuns decal:
user posted image

The whole thing:
user posted image

Mazda Emblem on the back:
user posted image

All-in-all I'm basically done with the whole thing now, but that doesn't mean that I'll stop working on it! There are still a few things that I need to do before I call it finished. I'll try to get better pictures with better lighting later. Look forward to some more pictures guys! happy.gif

EDIT: I also need cosplay ideas. So throw them out there if you have any! smile.gif

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Jan 10 2012, 06:18 PM
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 08:33 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

So friend, now that you finished this project (years ago laugh.gif), any plans to make its counterpart, the beautiful FC?
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 4 2012, 08:47 PM

Patient Zero

This project still isn't done actually. I have a few more things to add here and there before I call it finished. I've been thinking about making Ryosuke's FC to match, but just look at this thing! It's a huge prop and I actually have no where to store it at home, it's sitting in a corner of the guest room by it's self right now. Kinda sad actually... Anyways, if I started on the project I wouldn't have the time to finish it before AX 2012. Maybe in the far future I'll think about it. But at this point in time I have no plans to make an FC. Still need Keisuke cosplay ideas though... laugh2.gif
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 08:50 PM

The Watcher

You need blonde hair, and a secret girlfriend with a black FD. laugh.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 4 2012, 09:30 PM

Patient Zero

Very funny because I actually strongly dislike Kyoko as a character. Anyways, I'm looking around for a wig right now, I'm just wondering what I should wear. Well, given everyone in the Initial D universe seems to have a normal fashion sense; I guess I'll just throw something together really quickly. pinch2.gif
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 09:38 PM

The Watcher

Now you just need somebody to play Spaz.... I mean Takumi. whistling.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 4 2012, 09:46 PM

Patient Zero

You know, if you're planning to go to the IDW AX 2012 meet. You could cosplay as Takumi. Man, that would be hilarious if everyone who came to the meet cosplayed as the cast of Initial D. awesome.gif
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 09:54 PM

The Watcher

I could pull off Iggy, considering I'm a bit chubby. As for the meet, HUH? I have actually never heard of that meet up. sad.gif

This post has been edited by ATRUM_Neto on Apr 4 2012, 09:54 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 4 2012, 10:14 PM

Patient Zero

Oh, we have a meet for all the forum members who want to go. It's obviously going to be at AX 2012. I'm planning to go along with a few other people (Perry, Tessou, Alastair, etc). I believe that we are still in the planning stages, but more information will come along as the event nears. Ah, you cosplaying as Itsuki? I'm sure that you're not as chubby as you say you are. laugh2.gif
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 10:18 PM

The Watcher

Ahhh if only I had some way of getting down there I would totally go. I'll just end up going to Fanime that's coming up soon. I'll cosplay, then take a pic. happy.gif
Orisue
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 09:48 PM

The Lurker Kitty

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,618

Hmm Might as well plan to go to AX now since it's around the corner... Where is it located this year LA,Anahiem, or Long Beach?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 6 2012, 10:00 PM

Patient Zero

AX has been held at the Los Angeles Convention Center for the past few years. I'm planning on attending, but I have to talk to a few people before I have any set plans. I have to make sure I'm not busy that weekend, I also have to check what day is everyone is planning to go, and most importantly I have to get a ride to the convention center. Man, this is a lot of trouble for me... I hope it all pans out in the next couple of months. Anyway I went to AX way back in 2009 (back then it was less trouble for me), but I haven't been back since. Have you been to AX before?
Orisue
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 11:04 AM

The Lurker Kitty

I actually have back in 2001-2008.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 7 2012, 06:17 PM

Patient Zero

Ha, I missed you by a year. Why did you stop going after 2008? How was AX way back when? Any plans of going this year? Why am I asking so many questions? Anyhow, I hear it's going to be awesome. I mean, how can it not be awesome when I'll be there? laugh.gif
Orisue
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 06:02 PM

The Lurker Kitty

i really dont remember 2001-2002 considering i was only 9 and 10 those years. I always enjoyed the small little pointless trinkets i bought from 2003-08 Also it wasn't AS crowded as I hear it is now. Lots and lots of shows to go to and tournaments. All in all a great way to spend my birthdays biggrin.gif. I'm going to try and keep that week open so I can go this year. So I can go and bug my sister's friend at her booth. It would also be nice to go on A/X's 20 year anniversary as well. Since i went to its 10th. biggrin.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 12 2012, 09:45 PM

Patient Zero

I just noticed that you're only a few months older than me! And AX falls on your birthday, man that's pretty awesome. Well at any rate I expect to see you there for our meet then. You are planning to go for all four days right? Anyhow, I don't know what the guest list looks like this year. Does anyone have any idea who's going to be there? If Chuck Huber is going to be there, then I am so on this. laugh2.gif
Orisue
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 01:30 PM

The Lurker Kitty

biggrin.gif I probably will go all four days since a few of my old friends are going along with a buddy of mine that wants to come to the meet as well.

As far as guests go (going off the website)

LiSA and Steve Blum.
They haven't posted the Industry Guest's yet so... We'll find out soon .

This post has been edited by Orisue on Apr 14 2012, 01:32 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jun 25 2012, 08:43 PM

Patient Zero

Oh gosh, AX is in less than a week now. I'm basically done with the FD and everything. I have the tickets, I have the wig lined up to pick up when I get to the convention center, I have a ride, and I have everything planned out for the day. But I don't think the FD will fit in the trunk of any normal car. UGH! This is a giant facepalm moment for me because I worked so hard to finish this project before AX rolled around. If it's any consolation, I will try to bring it next year when I have the right car to transport the car. CARCEPTION! Yeah, I'm sorry for failing so hard. facepalm.gif

I'll try to see if I can get something like this set up in less than 3 days. laugh2.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Jun 25 2012, 08:44 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 26 2012, 01:04 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 4 hours, 21 minutes ago)
But I don't think the FD will fit in the trunk of any normal car.

Stick in in the trunk, leave the door open and use ties to keep it in?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Jun 26 2012, 09:01 AM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

Situations like this really make me apreciate the fact that my brother has a pickup truck! Looking at your pics the FD may fit in a hatchback with folding rear seats (if your not trying fit 4 people in too). Can your ride swap cars with someone? Such a shame for the FD not to make an apperance at AX '12. sad.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Jun 26 2012, 09:16 AM

Patient Zero

It can most definitely fit in a hatchback or a minivan. But it's too late to ask for a ride swap since I don't know anyone else is willing to pick me up. Ah... This is such a tragedy... I'll try to see if I can somehow tetris it into a trunk. I still have a few more days before it's showtime.
Orisue
Posted: Jun 26 2012, 03:42 PM

The Lurker Kitty

You're asian. you can manipulate a FD in to tetris somehow lena.

3 Pages  1 2 3