Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Wanna Fly to The Wild

Important Rules
Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 3,142  ·  Replies: 62 
> Xiao Thoughts, All The Xiaomazing Xiaoriffic Xiaosts
Meteor
  Posted: Sep 1 2017, 07:04 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

Well this is escalating quickly.

As much as xiao has indeed been making unsubstantiated claims, your way of responding to them can easily be misunderstood as being heavy-handed without some knowledge of your actual personality. Not calling you wrong for calling him out on it, or telling you to lay off it entirely, but I'm not all that surprised it ended up getting to this point.
Now I don't like misinformation either (and boy is there ever a lot of it), but as I see hope for xiao yet with him being at least slightly more informed than the norm, I think it best we go a little easier on him for now. Just give him one more chance to shape up (even if that sounds futile to you), and then go do whatever if he doesn't.

And yes xiao, that was passive aggressive af. I know you're better than that.

Now let's get things back to normal (as normal as a place like this can be) before I go from mildly genki to ripping my hair out. I vastly prefer my IDW without drama.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Sep 1 2017, 07:08 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 1 2017, 07:53 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Meteor @ 49 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
Now I don't like misinformation either (and boy is there ever a lot of it), but as I see hope for xiao yet with him being at least slightly more informed than the norm, I think it best we go a little easier on him for now. Just give him one more chance to shape up (even if that sounds futile to you), and then go do whatever if he doesn't.

The problem with the bolded statement is two-fold. For one, I'm not so sure that 'slightly more informed than the norm' is the correct qualifier for the behavior in question. For another, having hope is nice and all and if this were one isolated incident then you're right, it's really heavy-handed for a first offense.

That's not what this is. This is a continuous pattern of behavior which has been repeated over a long period of time. That's why if there is to be any hope of the behavior in question being corrected, it has to be pointed out and have its fault made crystal clear every single time it occurs. If it finally causes a change and we get Xiao sharing his opinions as opinions rather than objective fact, awesome! If it does nothing, well...then it just proves that the behavior was never going to change in the first place, and at the very least calling him out on it will prevent other members from misunderstanding his opinions as fact.

As far as I'm concerned, 'one more chance' was many months ago. I would love to see a change, but I haven't even seen a willingness to change. Xiao, as a person I like you, and it's hard to find someone with hobbies that align well not to mention people who remain active on IDW in this day and age. However, I absolutely cannot stand that you spout off whatever's on your mind and try to pass it off as fact without any supporting evidence whatsoever. I don't think that's fair to the community at large, and that's why I'm so hard on you about it. A lot of times I let it slide either because I don't see it happen or because I'm not informed enough about the subject matter to notice or care, but when you dip into topics I actually know about, that's when I suddenly appear triggered and demand your evidence or flat-out point out why the information is false.

Apologies for the hijack. This is supposed to be Xiao Thoughts after all. So on to your regularly-scheduled Xiao thought.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
umustwait101
Posted: Sep 1 2017, 01:25 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (xiao @ Aug 25 2017, 09:54 AM)
I just realized yesterday while sippin' Starbucks I've been struggling with the same stuff Chester Bennington struggled with since I came back to the free in 2015, well it's been longer than that but more pronounced lately ..

People ask me .. so why don't you just commit suicide; to which I always reply, cause I'm a pussy. laugh.gif

I think drugs and music aren't suffice enough to save someone. Drugs just blank your head and when you wake up my insecurities are still there. Music's a better way to deal with problems, but when the song's over, my mind wanders off into that dark space Chester talked about. I just wish I could sing forever so I wouldn't have to look at myself in the mirror every morning. derp.gif

Of course that's not possible, but sometimes just talking into thin air or cyberspace makes people feel better ~ I think just listening to someone, unimportant as they may be, is suffice to save a life.

You need to stop listening to whoever is telling you to commit suicide. I hope it's not your secret girlfriend. Drugs and music are temporary escapes, and rightly so. Until you are 50 years old, you can change yourself and your life. Sometimes, you may see it pay off instantly; other times, it may take a long time. But, since you got time, just make use of your inherent perfectionist tendencies to make things that you would enjoy. In this day and age when people can get rich off of just sitting around at home in front of a camera, you can do it too!

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 7 hours, 14 minutes ago)
Stop making completely unsubstantiated claims and passing them off as fact. Then I'm sure I won't seem like such an 'asshole' to you. Until that happens, well, I guess we're just not going to see eye-to-eye, huh?

By the way, you should go look up 'passive-aggressive' while you're at it.

Now now, nomake-kun, I don't think xiao was talking about you in particular. Don't take it personally. I think, though, that as angry and triggered as you sound, you and xiao have some sort of compatible relationship going on. If xiao were normal, you wouldn't be posting hardly at all here on IDW. Most of what I see of your posts are you slapping xiao around, figuratively speaking.
Meteor
  Posted: Sep 1 2017, 01:37 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

It's not xiao's normalcy or lack of that's the inciting factor in this case, umu. Look one post above you: N1 already clarified he likes xiao as a person.

Anyway, it's probably best we just wait for xiao to post here instead of making any further posts. I've observed people's points have a habit of getting muddled when there's a lot to sift through.
Tessou
Posted: Sep 1 2017, 03:25 PM

DRAKARYS
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Speaking occasionally with "the real Xiao" and not the character presented here, I can say that it probably wouldn't take much to change the behavior ever so slightly. He's a good guy that can get a bit ahead of himself in terms of posting before the brain catches up.
Sensation!
Posted: Sep 1 2017, 03:59 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

QUOTE (Tessou @ 34 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
Speaking occasionally with "the real Xiao" and not the character presented here, I can say that it probably wouldn't take much to change the behavior ever so slightly.

I personally don't mind Xiao the character. It's not my position to tell him to stop.
Nobody here hates Xiao, not that I know of at least, he's a great addition to the community.

That said, Xiao the character is hard to respond to; and that ends threads, which IDW doesn't need right now. UMU is the only person that consistently responds, and his responses tend to be the similar; they conclude or reiterate and affirm xiaos post. It's not UMU's fault, at least he's responding.

The idea behind Xiao thoughts was to keep Xiao the character (mostly) in here and the real Xiao in other threads. I'm well aware he's capable of turning the character off.

I also agree with N1, I'm not sure if that's Xiao the character speaking, but when you're going to make a statement on an internet forum, and someone finds it incorrect, you'll need to don the flame suit. Pun-unintended, forums have worked this way since forever.

Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 1 2017, 05:09 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 3 hours, 44 minutes ago)
Now now, nomake-kun, I don't think xiao was talking about you in particular. Don't take it personally. I think, though, that as angry and triggered as you sound, you and xiao have some sort of compatible relationship going on. If xiao were normal, you wouldn't be posting hardly at all here on IDW. Most of what I see of your posts are you slapping xiao around, figuratively speaking.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1815 x 355. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

The evidence suggests otherwise. He made that post directly referencing me and then immediately afterward made a passive-aggressive post here in Xiao Thoughts. That's the wonderful thing about this lovely medium we know as an internet-based forum--timestamps and database entries. The proof is right there just waiting to be necessary. You can try it for yourself--just click anyone's username, then 'find all posts by this user', then click the 'Details' button. Voila, each post they've made from newest to oldest.

So, please, I'd much rather have Xiao speak for himself on this one rather than having you try to give him an excuse.
Nerubian
Posted: Sep 1 2017, 05:21 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

So you're saying xiao kind of has a double personality?
umustwait101
Posted: Sep 1 2017, 07:14 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 4 minutes ago)
http://i.imgur.com/IIlH1mi.jpg

The evidence suggests otherwise. He made that post directly referencing me and then immediately afterward made a passive-aggressive post here in Xiao Thoughts. That's the wonderful thing about this lovely medium we know as an internet-based forum--timestamps and database entries. The proof is right there just waiting to be necessary. You can try it for yourself--just click anyone's username, then 'find all posts by this user', then click the 'Details' button. Voila, each post they've made from newest to oldest.

So, please, I'd much rather have Xiao speak for himself on this one rather than having you try to give him an excuse.

In my defense, I wasn't necessarily trying to defend anyone, nor give anyone an excuse. I really didn't see the famous MF Ghost post xiao made. Please see the attachment for what I saw. It's because the forum posts threads by stickies first. As for whether I was engaged in the unsavory behavior of stalking xiao... I'll remain mute on that point.

But, since you have provided what seems to me to be undeniable proof, I have nothing left to say. However, in my defense, not that I'm getting defensive, mind you, I think of myself as being mostly impartial, but tending to give people the benefit of the doubt. You have no idea how much more anger I would have if I didn't do that.

I told a girl that her skin looks so soft and that it must feel nice to hug. She called me creepy.

I'm gonna go play some Tower Defense.

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Sep 1 2017, 07:15 PM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
xiao
Posted: Sep 8 2017, 07:27 PM

moon★bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

I spoke with Nomake, and with Tessou, and Meteor. I personally apologized to Nomake because I felt very ashamed for the way I acted .. quite childish, immature, and spoiled.

I hadn't checked this topic or the MF Ghost one since I threw my hissyfit last week. And I wish I could delete my posts in this and the MF Ghost topics. So I apologize to all that had to see my jerky comments.

Like I said I'm to Donz0rs ~ I'm sorry to you guys. So please delete my last post in the MF Ghost and this thread .. To be honest I don't see any point to this "Xiao Thoughts" topic.

Like I told N1, Tess, and Meteor .. I'm just trying to be funny ~ but I realize my posts more than often come across like trash in the middle of a smart discussion. So I'm sorry guys .. it's a hard habit to break, but I'll try to be more intelligent and less childish.

Or at least if I'm trying to be funny, not pass it off as facts & mislead people .. so I completely agree with Nomakeさん

The internet gives me the freedom to act in a way I'm actually not in RL .. and I come across like a jerk/kid most of the time. So I apologize guys ~ I'll try to keep it real, cause I really do value you dudes as my friends & I don't have too many IRL. happy.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 8 2017, 10:22 PM

ShiMACHaze

And like I mentioned over PM, I don't think an apology was really all that necessary. I accept it anyway, but you and I already know the only thing that we're at odds about is stating opinions as fact and nothing else. cool.gif
xiao
Posted: Sep 8 2017, 11:05 PM

moon★bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 41 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
And like I mentioned over PM, I don't think an apology was really all that necessary. I accept it anyway, but you and I already know the only thing that we're at odds about is stating opinions as fact and nothing else. cool.gif

Thanks my dude <3

That feel when you wish you lived in Cali to hug your boy laugh.gif

But seriously, sorry for being scandalous.

--- --- ---

I feel more concerned for Seri & Kyon right now, especially since Zach's birthday is next week and they're both so close to Miami. All I've been hearing all day is news about Irma. sad.gif

My parents were visiting my little sister in Puerto Rico last week and they all had to depart early cause of the hurricane. And now it's heading towards Florida.

I don't have a lot of money right now, but my home is always open to anyone in need, especially Kyon & Seri! I know I'm like halfway across the nation, but if for whatever reason they need a place to stay, y'all know how to get in touch with me. sad.gif 📞
umustwait101
Posted: Sep 11 2017, 06:18 PM

Osaka-kun

Xiao, if it makes you feel any better, I enjoy reading your crazy thoughts. I feel you tend to give things a creative spin. Not sure how much I would enjoy your cooking, but I do like reading your posts, nohomo.

Here's from one crazy person to another.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Sep 11 2017, 06:19 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3