Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) TAKUMI’S THEME II

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

408 Pages  « 405 406 407 408  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 266,587  ·  Replies: 10,183 
> Random Thoughts
umustwait101
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 06:36 PM

Osaka-kun

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (xiao @ 9 hours, 55 minutes ago)
like if we were cellphones we'd be 2 Pixel 2's .. http://www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Default/blush.gif #honomo

What I like about the Pixel 2:
- OLED display
- neat software features
- camera

What I don't like about the Pixel 2:
- fat bezels
- size (too big)
- too much glass
- price

Personally, I'd take my 2013 Moto X over the Pixel 2. I've had a phone as big as the Pixel 2 before, and realized that I was always holding it in my hand because I couldn't fit it in my pocket, and always risking dropping it or forgetting it somewhere. So, Pixel 2 is not for me. The only new flagship phone I'd consider currently would be the Galaxy S8.
xiao
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 08:30 PM

moon★bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 1 hour, 53 minutes ago)
What I don't like about the Pixel 2:

I think you'd like the dimensions in the iPhone X ~ but for that price why not get a shifty2.gif ..

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 09:10 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (207 @ 3 hours, 12 minutes ago)
thank you for the reply, then how do i get ublock and the others?? i got nothing in the extensions file related to google chrome. you dont sound paranoid at all, im paranoid enough with certain aspects of internet as it is.

i saw a post here that one member did a reformat of Win7 but couldnt get the newest updates due to some sort of file preventing that from the updates/setting. my memory of that post is rather fuzzy so i might be completely wrong about that fear.

i looked into the K-lite/media classic player i currently have (standard version) i also have the MPC-HC option with the video files. its the latest version of K-lite but it seems to have a bunch of good stuff. i cant compare on a personal basis on which is better but im satisfied with the media player classic for the time being. the current app i have on the PC can do other things but im not familiar with the more advanced functions.

If you're using Chrome, do what Xiao said. Or just be lazy and click this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/u...keiagm?hl=en-US

As for the thing about Windows 7 you saw, that's because that member forgot to give the tidbit of information about what CPU his computer had. That CPU did not have drivers for Windows 7, and as a result, Windows 7 would not work properly. This was done on purpose by the processor maker in order to force users to use Windows 10.

It has nothing to do with Windows 7 itself. You're fine.

As for MPC and whatever, I just don't like codec packs is all--they are generally clumsy ways of getting the job done that can at times cause problems with other programs unexpectedly. VLC is by far the easiest way to just get the job done, and if you need precision, then using MPC-HC with just a few additional tidbits is far better. As always, your mileage may vary.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 09:37 PM

39-54-369

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 26 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
If you're using Chrome, do what Xiao said. Or just be lazy and click this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/u...keiagm?hl=en-US

As for the thing about Windows 7 you saw, that's because that member forgot to give the tidbit of information about what CPU his computer had. That CPU did not have drivers for Windows 7, and as a result, Windows 7 would not work properly. This was done on purpose by the processor maker in order to force users to use Windows 10.

It has nothing to do with Windows 7 itself. You're fine.

As for MPC and whatever, I just don't like codec packs is all--they are generally clumsy ways of getting the job done that can at times cause problems with other programs unexpectedly. VLC is by far the easiest way to just get the job done, and if you need precision, then using MPC-HC with just a few additional tidbits is far better. As always, your mileage may vary.

thank you very much, i did what Xiao posted but there wasnt anything there as i didnt go to the google chrome store yet. its likely why i didnt see anything on chrome.

thank you for all the help with the rest of the stuff, i'll be putting the ublock on the pc to make my pc safer from the shit on the internet.

thanks for clearing up the confusion i had with that posting in the tech area. i know they tried their hardest to force Win10 onto Win7 users. i might go to win 10 later on if they improve on it but its not a top priority. im not sure what sort of PC specs are needed to run it anyway.

edit: i found ublock on the sweb store and it didnt take long to install.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 10 2017, 09:42 PM
xiao
Posted: Oct 11 2017, 01:10 AM

moon★bunny

I think you're doing good tho 207, so don't despair. Your tech problems seem to be when you come across knowledge or software walls, which can be quickly overcome thru help, practice, & education.

When you come across hardware limitations, that's when critical thinking can only take you so far, as is always my case. But I think your PC is competent for general tasks by the way you describe it.

I haven't used Firefox in a while, so I don't know how install extensions there. But for Chrome like Nomake-kun mentioned, simply go to the Chrome Web Store for all your extension needs.
Posted: Oct 11 2017, 09:38 AM

39-54-369

QUOTE (xiao @ 8 hours, 27 minutes ago)
I think you're doing good tho 207, so don't despair. Your tech problems seem to be when you come across knowledge or software walls, which can be quickly overcome thru help, practice, & education.

When you come across hardware limitations, that's when critical thinking can only take you so far, as is always my case. But I think your PC is competent for general tasks by the way you describe it.

I haven't used Firefox in a while, so I don't know how install extensions there. But for Chrome like Nomake-kun mentioned, simply go to the Chrome Web Store for all your extension needs.

im doing better than i did in the past. i learned form certain mistakes i made in the past. mostly due to visiting certain sites (in my past) which led to 1 pop up that chained a whole swarm of angry popups when the first was closed. that was back when i didnt know how to safely surf the net. that was the last time i ever visited such sites. though i do believe most of us have managed to learn from this sort of mistake already.

even the anime streaming sites, ive put several on the burn list because they let 1-2 popups appear. i used to see a few anime streaming sites that had a great selection of series but never had any popups and just minimal ads on the side page. then they lapsed in security ?? and it started to have a few popups appear. thats a burned site, now its only YT and crunchyroll for me. i do/did miss the series that i wanted to see BC CR/YT didnt have them or had those stupid bastards put the wanted anime series in a fucking live reaction viewing vids facepalm.gif (god, i wanna toss those scummy people into a volcano full of red hot MAHGma) rage.gif

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 11 2017, 09:40 AM
umustwait101
Posted: Oct 11 2017, 09:48 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 8:30 PM)
I think you'd like the dimensions in the iPhone X ~ but for that price why not get a shifty2.gif ..

http://imgur.com/MlZ378Q.jpg

iPhone X's bezels are too big too. It could do without the side bezels, especially at the price they're charging.

RED is just a humongous phone. Like look at how he puts it in his pocket, and it basically makes that part of his pants flat. I can't believe it being comfortable to walk around with that in your pocket.
APX
Posted: Oct 12 2017, 11:07 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Cowboys RB got suspended finally for those 6 games.

Fans are not gonna be happy, but cowboys suck anyways. biggrin.gif
Nerubian
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 06:09 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

Wow, I just found out I haven't been active on Fakebook for 8 months. None of my few friends seem to miss me though.
I'm so lonely. derp.gif
Meteor
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 08:46 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Try joining the IDW Discord sometime. For 9 easy payments of $0.00*, you too can make yourself a lot less lonely.

*Payments may include prolonged and very intimate contact with xiao. Terms and conditions apply.
APX
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 09:46 AM

Them Santa Ana's though.

Thanks for the heat.
Nerubian
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 10:52 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

I don't know if my sensitive and pure body is ready for a real encounter with xiao yet.
APX
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 11:29 AM

Only one channel to watch Football, and it's boring patriots and jets.
umustwait101
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 03:24 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 4 hours, 31 minutes ago)
I don't know if my sensitive and pure body is ready for a real encounter with xiao yet.

You're as ready as you'll ever be.
APX
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 03:36 PM

Rams won, and it was a fun first few minutes of it as well.

Now for baseball, dodgers and cubs game two!
xiao
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 09:36 PM

moon★bunny

QUOTE (Meteor @ Today, 10:46 AM)
*Payments may include prolonged and very intimate contact with xiao.

hazukashii selfies kinshi !! shifty2.gif

user posted image
APX
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 10:14 PM

Dodgers win!

Game 3 on tuesday, let's go.
Posted: Oct 15 2017, 11:12 PM

39-54-369

i just made my 7th?? lemon cake/bread and its just amazing cool.gif . my first 3 werent that great but i found the proportions that make the recipe just fricking awesome. i put some orange peel/zest along with the lemon zest+juice. ive also put butterscotch chips in my cakes once in a while. i can make a full meal with just a few slices of bread/cake
xiao
Posted: Oct 16 2017, 12:09 AM

moon★bunny

QUOTE (207 @ 50 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
I just made my 7th?? lemon cake/bread and its just amazing cool.gif

Congrats on the cake making!Next time take a picture to make our mouths salivate ~ user posted image

I really love that Chocolate Silk cake they sell at Village Inn .. or Albertson's I forgot where I bought the last one

I also wanna go to Tim Horton's cause of those vlogs by deadmau5 .. but there's none here in the South West US. Maybe Phoenix or San Diego has a Horton's tho ohmy.gif
Posted: Oct 16 2017, 12:38 AM

39-54-369

QUOTE (xiao @ 28 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
Congrats on the cake making!Next time take a picture to make our mouths salivate ~ http://imgur.com/h4vZX37.png

I really love that Chocolate Silk cake they sell at Village Inn .. or Albertson's I forgot where I bought the last one

I also wanna go to Tim Horton's cause of those vlogs by deadmau5 .. but there's none here in the South West US. Maybe Phoenix or San Diego has a Horton's tho ohmy.gif

LOL you want foodPRON then here it is. its kinda dark inside as its only 4:30 AM but this is the cake.

i dont always bring sufficient food for my work shift but its sure fills my tummy when its growling for food.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
APX
Posted: Oct 16 2017, 05:42 PM

Next time you should make a glaze for it, just used powered sugar and some of your lemon juice/zest combo and a bit of milk. Can mess around with it to make it more to your liking.
Posted: Oct 16 2017, 09:47 PM

39-54-369

QUOTE (APX @ 4 hours, 4 minutes ago)
Next time you should make a glaze for it, just used powered sugar and some of your lemon juice/zest combo and a bit of milk. Can mess around with it to make it more to your liking.

ive never tried making a glaze for it, i have the instructions for it in the recipe but it uses more sugar for the recipe. i put in 1cup (+ 1/2 cup choco chips) or 1 1/2 cups of sugar in the cake itself. i try not to make it too sweet with too much sugar.

ive made the taste more to my liking by putting the lemon flavor in the cake itself. the recipe calls for 4-5 Tsp of lemon juice (cake batter only). i put in 12-13 Tsp of lemon juice along with plenty of zest into the cake batter. the glazing process is a but cunfuzzling to me and im just too lazy to bother doing it. it takes me 20 minutes or so to mix/prepare the batter and 70 min in the oven (350F). i dont always have time to do the extra steps as im working 5-6 days of the week with OT days included. i try not to get too fancy with the baking.

im not always uniform in the taste. its either a mildly bitter/sweet lemon or more on the slightly sugary side with a good lemon after taste. its likely to do with the freshness of the zest fresh peel giving slightly sugary side with a good lemon while the dried zest going more on the bitter/sweet. though the zest is where i always a unique flavor each time so its never the same. i also use a bit of whole wheat flour in the recipe

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 16 2017, 09:48 PM
xiao
Posted: Oct 17 2017, 12:29 AM

moon★bunny

QUOTE (207 @ Yesterday, 2:38 AM)
LOL you want foodPRON!

I feel asleep looking at that delicious lemony banana bread looking cake .. you should take some of those kids Milk Chuggz bottles to work.

I bet those slices taste UBER delish with a cold chugg-a-lug of Milk my sweet mango 207 pie!:9
APX
Posted: Oct 17 2017, 01:52 AM

Takes minutes to make a glaze for a cake or something.
Posted: Oct 17 2017, 08:29 AM

39-54-369

QUOTE (APX @ 6 hours, 37 minutes ago)
Takes minutes to make a glaze for a cake or something.

the recipe call for some lemon juice and 2Tbs of sugar simmered in a frying dish to make a glaze. i considered doing it but i didnt have a brush to apply it on the cake so i just decided to up the flavor of the cake itself. i might try it one day but im pretty happy how it turns out without any glazing. i like the cake itself speak for the flavor. though i have a pseudo-glaze on the cake from all that lemon/sugar in the cake itself. the flavor is more intense on the top section of the cake.

@xiao: im doing you a favor by just showing you the pics, its more than uber delish. its something closer to whatever you get when you calculate uber delish with the power value of heaven. they say you can properly describe heaven but i think i got rather close to it.

ive already given some slices to my friends/family and they saw how good it tasted. i wouldnt dare put banana in it, it'll kill some lemon taste. the most would be butter scotch choco chips. this cake is my daily snack at work 2 slices and im good.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 17 2017, 08:36 AM

408 Pages  « 405 406 407 408