Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing Tabidachi

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  « 5 6 7 8 9  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 55,818  ·  Replies: 222 
> Lonely_Driver's BP5 Legacy, Haulin' groceries at Now at 15psi!!
Spaz
Posted: Jul 4 2013, 07:28 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

That's awesome, dude. Sounds like you've made some good changes in the last few weeks.

Also, relevant: http://worth-it.blogspot.com/2006/01/ultim...ison-chart.html
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jul 28 2013, 10:51 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,019

Time to update.

Got the Technafit steel braided brake lines, Grimmspeed Master cylinder brace installed and flushed with ATE Super Blue fluid, Made quite the difference and am very pleased with the purchase.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2448 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Finally felt like the car was ready for the track so I bought this:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2448 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Out at Stratotech yesterday:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I'll have to do some digging to see if anyone has any pictures of me on the track.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Aug 24 2013, 04:56 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Scumbag track days, warps rotors and wears pads.

Stoptech pads and rotors ordered.

Ordered poly bushings for my front sway bar. hopefully that's the end of the clunks!
Ganso Fan
Posted: Sep 5 2013, 12:37 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,026

Hello there fellow Touring Wagon owner! I've got an ABP 5MT as my daily too. awesome.gif That's a nice find and low miles too. Hope you take good care of her and keep her for a long time. What year is yours? (just wondering since you're in Canada and I believe MT was still available in '06)

I've only looked through Page 1. I'll come back and go through all the pages once I have more time. All wheel drift FTW! Btw, are you on the Legacy forum?
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Sep 5 2013, 10:31 AM

IDW Supremo Member

thanks! its an 05.

I don't plan on getting rid of her anytime soon.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Sep 15 2013, 08:05 AM

IDW Supremo Member

So I've been entertaining the idea of a turbo upgrade for a while and after getting a ride in a 9 second eagle talon yesterday I'm hooked.

Looking into a 16G which will only get me 300whp but that's still plenty of power to have fun and the stock engine will handle it easily.

I want to do fueling and oiling upgrades to keep things safe and reliable as this is my DD
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Oct 5 2013, 06:51 AM

IDW Supremo Member

This week has been cold and am having a fuel smell during start up.

I think I pinpointed the problem this morning and it seems to be underneath the IM where heat cycling will eventually loosen the hose clamps.

I have decided to remove the IM and replace all the clamps with new ones, while I'm under there I'll be doing TGV deletes, Parrallel fuel rail mod, ordered a AVO inlet and 4 new OEM injectors since I've been having a weird idle issue and all signs are pointing towards dirty injectors which seems to be a problem on 05 LGTs.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Oct 28 2013, 09:20 AM

IDW Supremo Member

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 7 2013, 11:21 AM

IDW Supremo Member

No real new updates, and there wont be for a while since I'm throwing all my available funds onto my debt (time to be a grown up I guess)

So I thought maybe I should post some other fun things I do!!

Not sure if many people know but I used to be a mechanic by trade but the last couple years Ive been working in Autobody, specifically prep as I want to be a painter.

Here's a Volvo hood that I recently painted the inside of:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Spaz
Posted: Dec 7 2013, 01:13 PM

Group Icon

Don't forget about that travel visa. wink2.gif
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 7 2013, 01:39 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ 25 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
Don't forget about that travel visa. wink2.gif

I got the card this week! But I may have to skip on proving grounds crying2.gif

I havent even got around to installing the last batch of parts that I ordered facepalm.gif

I'm waiting for get a few more things to have a HUGE install day.
Spaz
Posted: Dec 7 2013, 02:12 PM

Group Icon

Well, keep me posted. Remember, there're two next year, and you can shoot for September if that would work better.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 15 2013, 01:43 PM

IDW Supremo Member

user posted image

Been having some hesitation issues this week and thought I had a bad tank of gas or water in it.

Turns out the A/C tensioner was broken and binding. the sound wasn't very apparent until today when it failed completely.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 28 2013, 10:12 AM

IDW Supremo Member

So just before Xmas I developed some weird problems with my car lurching or stumbling while cruising so I canceled my plans and decided it was time to fix the car:

Tapping threads to put in a bolt+JBweld for the TGV deletes
user posted image

Let's get down to buisness
user posted image

Intake Manifold off *note I highly suggest you don't do this drunk so you have a little bit of a clue when you go to reinstall all the Vacuum lines and such*
user posted image

IM off, Cleaned it out with brake clean as much as possible
user posted image

Torquing the TGV deletes
user posted image

All back together!
[IMG]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l524/lonely_driver1/Projects
/20131228_104301_zps07a380bc.jpg[/IMG]

New Turbo inlet takes a lot of room so MAP is just hanging there and had to reroute the PCV and Wastegate solenoids underneath the IM.
user posted image
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Feb 9 2014, 01:46 PM

IDW Supremo Member

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1079 x 809. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Gave the wagon a good wash today.

Have some JDM Aero spats in the mail, need to order a front lip and I'm pretty much "done" for modding this year besides some suspension goodies if needed.

Im very content with the power and drivability of the car on the streets and am now in the market for a 2nd "fun" vehicle.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Feb 19 2014, 06:45 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Took part in a Rallycross last Sunday, had a lot of fun and ended up getting 2nd place in Novice 4WD

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 1067. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 1067. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image
Spaz
Posted: Feb 20 2014, 09:42 AM

Group Icon

Yay for BECAUSE WAGON stuff!

I've never rallycrossed personally, but I've messed around on lakes before and it's a riot. Good times for sure.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Mar 22 2014, 05:58 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Well I'm over 170,000KM now but the Wagon is still going strong! Took her for a good ride on the highway today, some Onramp blast, been running the Stage1 93Octane tune since I put in the new injectors and I'm loving it.

Been working lone hours lately cause I want to get a Stage2 setup going. Will need a new top mount, 3" downpipe, still debating on Catless or catted. And also a 3" Midpipe to mate up to the STi axlebacks.

And Most definetly going equal lenght header, but will need to make sure I order a proper skidplate before hand to protect them from water splashes.

EDIT: Just ordered some Suspension Goodies and exhaust gaskets instead, changed my mind so quickly awesome.gif

This post has been edited by Lonely_Driver on Mar 22 2014, 06:20 PM
chillined
Posted: Mar 23 2014, 06:27 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,552

Definitely go equal length headers. I don't miss the unequal rumble, or I should say the sound of inefficient exhaust pulses. Unfortunately, I can't give you a perspective of the difference in performance because I installed all my modifications at once. (I like to tell myself that I'm making more power because of it though tongue.gif)
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Mar 23 2014, 07:11 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (chillined @ 44 minutes, 6 seconds ago)
Definitely go equal length headers. I don't miss the unequal rumble, or I should say the sound of inefficient exhaust pulses. Unfortunately, I can't give you a perspective of the difference in performance because I installed all my modifications at once. (I like to tell myself that I'm making more power because of it though tongue.gif)

I want too get them so bad but im going to hold off until I really need extra power. want to get my suspension dialed in first.
Spaz
Posted: Mar 24 2014, 09:34 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ Yesterday, 10:11 PM)
I want too get them so bad but im going to hold off until I really need extra power. want to get my suspension dialed in first.

Good man, that's how it needs to be done. I did power first on my last Evo and it was fun but not very practical and wouldn't stay down in the corners. Just coilovers and good pads will go a long way in a supporting setup.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Mar 24 2014, 04:06 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ 6 hours, 32 minutes ago)
Good man, that's how it needs to be done. I did power first on my last Evo and it was fun but not very practical and wouldn't stay down in the corners. Just coilovers and good pads will go a long way in a supporting setup.

Thats exactly what I'm thinking.

Just ordered LED conversion bulbs for every interior light, flashers, reverse lights, license plate lights etc...

Have I gone crazy? Whats next? Body kit? w00t2.gif
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Apr 13 2014, 08:56 AM

IDW Supremo Member

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2176. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

All I got for right now, Cutoff looks decent with the squirell finders filled, try to grab a pic tonight.

Unfortunetly could not get the LED flashers working as I need a CK style 3157 otherwise it blows the park light fuse.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Apr 27 2014, 10:45 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Got some more work done yesterday, have to say doing suspension work is the least favorite thing to do on my car since its spent most of its life in Ontario. Also picked up that new Low profile Michelin jack from CT while it was on sale.

A note for the front end links, only needed to use one spacer on the top to make the end link straight while the car is sitting on the wheels.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2176 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2176 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Sway is set on soft setting until I get the AVO mounts for it.

Forgot to take pics of my BaysonR front lip, going to need a bit more tweaking, I imagine a heat gun and double sided tape will do the trick.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Apr 30 2014, 05:47 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Hotlinking from Instagram cause I'm lazy

user posted image
user posted image

Just ordered the Mishimoto Slim fan kit which should help clean up the engine bay, the top rad hose is poorly cut and the bottom hose is leaking so this should fix everything.

9 Pages  « 5 6 7 8 9