Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (Sound Files Vol.2) dangerous (Shingo's Theme)

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

35 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 82,826  ·  Replies: 861 
> [NEW] Initial D Arcade Stage 4, Latest news and updates on IDAS4
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 05:00 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

QUOTE (Excel @ Today at 2:44 AM)
WRX Demon - Did you look under the AE85(Itsuki Version)? It clearly shows a yellow color available...

That cant be true. Wow, it's got two new colours... Blue and Yellow... Awn... That throws my theory out the window. sad.gif

I wonder what other cars got new colours?
Braja
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 08:44 AM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,029

hey wrx demon. you wanted red right? well guess what. thats one of the stock colors for the GC8V. even though its not on the website i got one today. i'll take a pic sometime to prove. anyway got it in your honor. my only 5 gear car. cheers my friend;)

This post has been edited by Braja on Mar 7 2007, 08:47 AM
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Braja @ Today at 11:44 AM)
hey wrx demon. you wanted red right? well guess what. thats one of the stock colors for the GC8V. even though its not on the website i got one today. i'll take a pic sometime to prove. anyway got it in your honor. my only 5 gear car. cheers my friend;)

OMG!!! SAY WHAT?!?!? THere's a RED STOCK COLOUR FOR THE GC8-f'ing-V!?!?? That's totally freaking awesome.... dribble.gif

Please please, pics!!! dribble.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 09:06 AM

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (WRX DEMON @ Today at 12:00 PM)
OMG!!! SAY WHAT?!?!? THere's a RED STOCK COLOUR FOR THE GC8-f'ing-V!?!?? That's totally freaking awesome.... dribble.gif

Please please, pics!!! dribble.gif

I didn't get a chance to say it earlier, but, big deal... Red Impreza coupe... Wip dee doo doo....

Anyways Braja, any word on the EVOs, is it really only the 3, 4 and 9?
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 09:09 AM

Heee hee!!! biggrin.gif I'm so excited!!! Thanks Braja! I cant wait to see that pic!!! smile.gif
brian mayhem
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 10:50 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 13,958

QUOTE (WRX DEMON @ Today at 9:09 AM)
Heee hee!!! biggrin.gif I'm so excited!!! Thanks Braja! I cant wait to see that pic!!! smile.gif

I have not seen WRX Demon more excited for something other than when Shale announced she owned a Scoobie. But nonetheless. Red Impreza FTW. I still might make mine black.

Also, I'm more interested if Siona made it as a course in the final version. Has anyone that has played it know the final list of the courses?

This post has been edited by GC8Vdrifter on Mar 7 2007, 10:52 AM
Braja
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 10:58 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 12,029

QUOTE (GC8Vdrifter @ Today at 10:50 AM)

Also, I'm more interested if Siona made it as a course in the final version. Has anyone that has played it know the final list of the courses?

yes i believe they were mentioned quite awhile back. check my course and character list many pages prior. a moderator should put the info up somwhere like the frontpage. anyway, the courses/characters are:

akina lake
-itsuki
-takumi
-2 guys from tokyo
myougi
-kenji
-shingo
-impact blue
-nakazato
akagi
-kenta
-kyouichi
-keisuke
-ryousuke
akina
-iketani
-kyoko
-wataru
-ryousuke
-takumi
-bunta (unlocked after all regular and hidden characters are cleared)
irohazaka
-seiji
-kyouichi
-kai
tsukuba
-toudo school guy 1
-todou guy 2 (smiley sakai)
-toshia joushima (god arm)
-hoshino kozou (god foot)
-keisuke (unlocked after all opponents are cleared)
-takumi (unlocked after keisuke is cleared)

bgm music can NOT be selected manually, nor is there a list. and yes, you can play the player next to you although online mode is what people use 99% of the time. lastly there is NO BUNTA CHALLENGE. anything else, feel free to ask.

This post has been edited by Braja on Mar 7 2007, 11:13 AM
Tomo
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 11:00 AM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

there is definitely no siona. all the people who are in japan reporting are saying the same things we've been hearing and they have played the final version. akina lake, akagi, akina, new myogi, iro, and tsukuba that is all.

great another red option available for a car. more ricer red cars, ahoy!
brian mayhem
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 11:04 AM

IDW Goldmember

Well, for one, there is no Happogahara. That is a huge blow to my interest in buying a card for the game. That is not including the cost to play it. I suppose now that the color changes to the GC8V are more than enough to try out at least a stock car to see if I will like it or not.

and MAYBE Keisukes FD might push me over the line to play it. That is, if someone gets it in New York, which is doubtful.

This post has been edited by GC8Vdrifter on Mar 7 2007, 11:05 AM
Tomo
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 11:07 AM

Retired old man

yeah I dont really care by the time this game comes out the closest arcade to me that will have it is probably somewheres in the city anyways. I have lost interest in general, ditching shomaru and happo has accelerated my disinterest in this game.

This post has been edited by Tomo on Mar 7 2007, 11:07 AM
brian mayhem
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 11:11 AM

IDW Goldmember

Well, atleast the city is a manageable drive for you. Albany isnt too far out is it? I know Binghamton is quite a hefty drive to the city.

But nonetheless, there is still Tekken. thumbsup.gif

Also, maybe they took out Shomaru and Happogahara because of the new "realistic" driving for the game. But, then again, why still keep Irohazaka?

I suppose it's up for debate to as if why this was done.
Excel
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 01:31 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

What does the physics have anything to do with taking out Happo or Shomaru? They are courses just like all the other ones. I don't really get what point you are trying to make.

Still reserving my opinion for when I actually play it... But I do hope they can update it online with some new maps and tracks.
brian mayhem
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 01:37 PM

IDW Goldmember

It was just my observation that turning in the pervious versions to the new release is much different. My point was going to begin saying that maybe they were taken out because the hard lefts or rights (CP1 and CP4 in Happogahara or the M turn in Shomaru) would prove to be too difficult. I mean, you can look at any video and see the turn of the wheel is more "violent" if you will, meaning wouldnt getting used to the transition from Version 3 to Arcade Stage 4 be that more difficult? (If anyone will play it at all..)

Then again, it might not be the turning. It might just be the countersteering. Who knows. I sure as hell can't really say anything because as it looks, no one is probably going to be getting it in NY, unless what Tomo-sans suggestion says, I will definitely not be driving to the city just to pay what? 2 dollars to play? I think not.

So to those who have played it, what is the general consensus? Yay or nay?

This post has been edited by GC8Vdrifter on Mar 7 2007, 01:40 PM
Tomo
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 01:56 PM

Retired old man

Even if it is in NYC eventually and that is my only choice- 2 dollars a play, at least 50 bucks to park your car in a main area that is safe, or 80 bucks to train it both ways to play this game? No thanks.

I'm not judging this game one way or another I'm sure some people will find it 5 times more fun than any previous version, but they ditched my 2 favorite courses and the gameplay just looks too ridiculous for me to even want to play it. That's all I guess. Think whatever you guys want, I'm not going to waste my time or money on this game.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 02:07 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Wow... you can't even select waht music you want?

WMMT3 here I come. dry.gif
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 02:09 PM

Meh, i dont mind about the music. I dont really like any of the songs in this game. sad.gif
StReEtWaLkeR
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 03:02 PM

Married to Jessica Alba

Member No.: 3,255

thank god for ipod users.....I hope you have an option just have no sound. Once Forza 2 comes out, Im thinking bout getting into that game to warm up for IAS4. Im not forgeting about Gran Turismo 5.
editor
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 04:22 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 19,435

Great job Perry!

Very much appreciated - 'a man who forgets his history will be cursed to repeat it!"

Now where did that flamer go! dry.gif
divinity Jy
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 05:10 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 23,501

Anyone here try to FD yet? If so, is it any good compared to the power house cars like the Evo IX and s2000?
GOSU+
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 05:30 PM

NightKid's Protege

Member No.: 22,926

@ BRAJA

what is the car that is freakishly outstanding in initial d 4 like the rx-8 of ver. 3 and the DC2 of ver. 2? is it the s2000?
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 05:31 PM

Man, i hope braja took a photo of that red GC8V. Or one better, a video! biggrin.gif
brian mayhem
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 05:33 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (L1LBOXER @ Today at 5:30 PM)
@ BRAJA

what is the car that is freakishly outstanding in initial d 4 like the rx-8 of ver. 3 and the DC2 of ver. 2? is it the s2000?

This is just my observation, but in almost every video I've seen, it has been the S2000 as the car that the driver is using. So I would assume that yes, "the new rx8" is the AP1.
Tomo
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 05:37 PM

Retired old man

i would assume its way too early to tell since the game is still brand new. just wait it out and we'll all know with time.
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Tomo @ Today at 8:37 PM)
i would assume its way too early to tell since the game is still brand new. just wait it out and we'll all know with time.

I was thinking this too. How do we know that the people who posted vids up werent just really good and prefer to drive an S2k? ermm2.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 07:05 PM

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tomo @ Today at 8:37 PM)

Not only that, isn't it still in beta testing stages?

35 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »