Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Promised Land~Bless into the Sunshine~ (Album Edit)

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 1,088  ·  Replies: 13 
> Initial D Special Stage, Best Wheel?
5eizur3
  Posted: Nov 4 2006, 08:22 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,517

hey guys, sorry if this is a repost. i looked for like 20 minutes and couldnt find any topic like this.

anyway, i just recently ordered special stage and a swap disk / slide card combo for my ps2 and i was wondering what the best wheel was. I want a sequential stick shifter on it so it can be as much like the arcade stage as possible. i havent been able to find any with the shifter on the left of the wheel, so i guess ill just have to live with it being on the right.

so far, after doing a little bit of looking around, the Logitech® Driving Force™ Pro looks the best in my opinion. although its a 900 degree turn for games like gt4, ive heard it changes to 200 for idss. is this true? is this really the best wheel?

thanks in advance for any answers.

5eizur3
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Nov 4 2006, 11:21 PM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 19,411

HOWABOUT THE WHEEL THAT COMES WITH GRAN TURISMO 4, SINCE ITS NOT A 3RD PARTY WHEEL?
pleaseclosetopicpleaseclosetopicpleaseclosetopicpleaseclosetopicpleaseclosetopic
pleaseclosetopicpleaseclosetopicpleaseclosetopicpleaseclosetopicpleaseclosetopic
=)
Tomo
Posted: Nov 4 2006, 11:24 PM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

way to not answer his question there pal.

IBTL: It is true, the gt4 wheel will only turn 200 degrees. I have yet to find a wheel that will rotate fully. Although the 200 degrees isn't so bad once you are used to it.
5eizur3
  Posted: Nov 5 2006, 08:03 AM

Shmuck

i think somone told me that initial d arcade stage wheels turn 240. so 40 degress off isnt too bad.

any other opinions? does anyone actually have a wheel and can tell me how well it works?
Tomo
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 10:49 AM

Retired old man

good luck finding the initial D special stage wheel, it's discontinued.
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 11:12 AM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

Get the gran turismo wheelllll it works awesome lol

(erghh.. the only reason im posting here is because i want someone to answer my question in the special stage threaddd-_-)

actualy no i have something to say..
if your gonna get a wheel.. most of them have the H transmision.. its not just Up and Down. So it will be different from IDAS.. something to think about
Tomo
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 11:29 AM

Retired old man

doesn't matter what shifter you have. It won't be compatible with special stage. You'll have to use the d-pad or back paddles for shifting.
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 11:51 AM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

oh ya thats true.. ermm2.gif
Möbius
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 01:57 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

DFP is the most bang for the buck. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
5eizur3
  Posted: Nov 5 2006, 02:47 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (Tomo @ Today at 11:29 AM)
doesn't matter what shifter you have. It won't be compatible with special stage. You'll have to use the d-pad or back paddles for shifting.

so wait, no shifters are compatible with initial d special stage? not even sequential shifters? =/ that sucks. are you sure there arent ANY out there somewhere?
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 03:01 PM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

we just discussed this lol.
yes there is, the special stage wheel. but they dont produce them anymore
5eizur3
  Posted: Nov 6 2006, 04:40 AM

Shmuck

hmm. so what would i type into ebay to find this wheel? turned.gif initial d special stage wheel?
pakistexican88x
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 07:30 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 25,005

i read on a gamefaq for IDSS that one of the MadCatz wheels has a shifter that actually works.
krs73
Posted: Jun 26 2007, 01:31 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 24,138

The IDSS Wheel is the same as the Gran Turismo Wheel aka GT Force, on this Wheel you shift with the paddles. On the Driving Force EX and Driving Force Pro you have to shift with the directional buttons, which sucks. On the Driving Force Pro initialy it's only 200 degres of steering, actually i think it's even less, feels more like 180, but you can have very strong force feedback with r3/l3 whatever trick, it's in the manual so go see there. With IDSS and the dfp you can also manually put the wheel in 900 and configure the wheel in the setup of IDSS and you will have more steering degrees, but it feels wierd, because you have no endpoint.

Best wheel for IDSS (and Battle Gear 3) in my opinion is the Red Momo Force, from the electronics side it's basically a GT Force, but has stronger and better ff, 270 degrees turning and you can shift with paddles, overall this wheel ist very well made (most parts are metal and bearings) but a bit hard to get.