Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) TAKUMI’S THEME II

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 14,576  ·  Replies: 216 
> Best car brand ever..., What do you think???
chaos
  Posted: Jan 24 2005, 10:17 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,140

Hahahaha, so funny to watch this, but you guys have a point, as glorified as the Viper becoming on theese pages, that's about it. Or are you going to telll me about the Neon, or the hardcore whistling.gif Srt-4 Hahahaha. Joking. But really, please stay on the topic, comparing Dodge to Ferrari is like comparing the ("insert something cheap and pathetic") to ("insert something worthy of the Godfather's ownership"). Btw, not playing hate on Viper, great domestic cough but stay on the topic, Ferrari has many more refined cars. And..... let's try to keep this down to earth, so try to bias towards measly brands like Toyota and Nissan rather than TVR (Recently bough by a Russian millionaire) and Ferrari.

fear2.gif ChAoS out. fear2.gif
Joeyfeets
Posted: Jan 28 2005, 06:08 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 1,116

nissan > j00

fear2.gif feets out fear2.gif
Gamedon
Posted: Jan 28 2005, 07:56 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 3,247

Best car brand ever? Sorry no such, all manufacters have there ups and downs.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Jan 28 2005, 04:04 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,034

Can't you just have some fun then and say so anyway? tongue.gif
sideways
Posted: Jan 28 2005, 05:40 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE (Gamedon @ Jan 28 2005, 07:56 AM)
Best car brand ever? Sorry no such, all manufacters have there ups and downs.

Wouldnt exactly say theyre all equal though wink2.gif
chaos
  Posted: Jan 28 2005, 10:37 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 2,140

Feets OUT?! FEETS OUT?! WHAT IS THIS CRAP? YOU CAN'T STEAL MY fear2.gif "insert name here" out fear2.gif !!! crying2.gif I feel so violated.... crying2.gif

Like c'mon man, come up with something original....

fear2.gif ChAoS out fear2.gif *sniff.....feels dirty crying2.gif *sniff*
Joeyfeets
Posted: Jan 28 2005, 11:33 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 1,116

QUOTE (chaos @ Jan 28 2005, 10:37 PM)
Feets OUT?! FEETS OUT?! WHAT IS THIS CRAP? YOU CAN'T STEAL MY fear2.gif "insert name here" out fear2.gif !!!

my bad!!! I was just gettin on it for one post. since you were the last one to respond. ill leave it alone now....... w00t2.gif
Toshi
Posted: Jan 29 2005, 10:48 AM

Crash Test Dummy

Member No.: 309

other people have been doing that whole *name* out thing for a while...
flohtingPoint
Posted: Jan 29 2005, 09:58 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,944

d00dz, its Nizz4n, end of discussionz0r. Skylines without motors can beat enz0s, and stock 240sx's can beat vettes. DRIFTZ0R!!!!111oneoneone
Jabberwocky
Posted: Jan 29 2005, 10:26 PM

Hero or Zero cornering

Member No.: 3,476

user posted image
bighunt
Posted: Jan 30 2005, 04:50 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 5,280

I think Nissan's the best car company out there. In the mid-late 90s, the company was almost bankrupt. Then Carlos Ghosn bought the company and the turnaround began. Almost single-handedly, Ghosn resurrected Nissan. It's a great story AND a great company. It's headed in the right direction.

Nissan's VQ series engines are, in my opinion, the top engines in any automobile. I'm not looking at straight performance, but reliability as well. I have not had 1 problem w/my engine. it starts when i need it to start. it goes when i need it to go.

However, some of the new models don't appeal to me for one reason: design. i don't like the 6th gen Maximas ('04+). just looking at them makes me want to puke. I hope this isn't the wave of the future for the maxima. (that's not to say the VQ doesn't perform). also, the current generation of altimas' taillights disgusts me. Why would you put vertical clear taillights on an altima?? wtf??

What can you say about the Z? what a beast and the potential is almost limitless.

the trucks and suvs are awesome. just look at the Titan. 1 word comes to mind:TOUGH!!! i'm a little disappointed that Nissan did drop the S/C off the Frontier/Xterra lineup. If i ever get rid of my car, i'd love to get a Frontier.

That's why I love Nissan. They perform, they're tough, and most of the models look good. I'll never buy another car manufacurer again. but then again, i'm biased!! biggrin.gif
flohtingPoint
Posted: Jan 30 2005, 05:34 AM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 1,944

QUOTE (bighunt @ Jan 30 2005, 04:50 AM)
Nissan's VQ series engines are, in my opinion, the top engines in any automobile.

Someone call the fire department....
Sasuke.Uchiha
Posted: Feb 1 2005, 08:14 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 5,146

MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA all the way they have been number one in style comfort and performance. my opinion has nothing to do with me driving an FC laugh.gif
truebreakerz
Posted: Feb 8 2005, 10:59 PM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 4,775

GM owns...
SuperMazdaKart
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 06:00 AM

Button-masher

Member No.: 242

QUOTE (truebreakerz @ Feb 9 2005, 04:29 PM)
GM owns...

Daewoo
AJS13
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 10:39 AM

S13 Silvia K's

Member No.: 1,134

QUOTE (RENESIS @ Feb 10 2005, 03:00 AM)
QUOTE (truebreakerz @ Feb 9 2005, 04:29 PM)
GM owns...

Daewoo

HAHAHAHA laugh2.gif

I remember when they took them over, like a year a go, wtf would you want with Daewoo.
andyFD
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 10:56 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 5,438

Mazda's uncompromising dedication to ultimate sports tuning has garnered much of my praise.
AETRAN86
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 12:47 PM

Mr.TRAN

Member No.: 2,980

QUOTE (chaos @ Jan 20 2005, 08:36 PM)
laugh.gif Heh, this one has been a long debate between me and my friends. I also want to set this topic up tournament style.

So first, you list your favourite name brand and support it as extensively as possible (One "good" car is not enough). Also, you may counter others comments by pointing out negative things they didn't mention. Keep it clean and interesting people.

To get you started, some of my opinions. First of all, I wanna bash Toyota a little, despite being a brand that has had some amazing cars, it has dropped out and is almost completely ignored enthusiasts. (btw, don't even try to bring the scion into here... mad.gif ) In fact, their best car, aka big man of Toyota's sport family has dropped out until now and is trying to comeback only because of Nissan's success with the 350z (I am talking about the Supra, and they are developing a new one, look really hot). Speaking of Nissan, although almost dying a few times, this company has always made a great variety of good looking cars and supported the enthusiast industry in a healthy manner...(350z, Skyline, the Silvias, 300zx, even 240z). Now one of my personal favourites, Mazda. This company is known as the miracle worker. Nobody though the Miata was possible, look at that. My prime reason for respecting theese guys is their dedication to engineering and coming up with new ideas and trying things no one else will (how bout a rotary wink2.gif ). Anybody up for a rotary with 50/50 weight destribution, neutral handling and looks to lick cars that cost twice as much (Rx-7).... How about a rotary with four doors and almost 50/50 weight destribution, 9000rpm redline, a very sexy hp for displacement ration, and very light car, in fact 300 pounds lighter than 350z while being larger laugh.gif (Rx-8). Mazda is insane, theese guys will try anything, and it's all for the better.
Now, Subaru and Mitsubishi are both pretty cool too, they stick to one car and improve the hell out of it, in fact the Lancer is one of my all time favourites. lotus is really good with being down too earth and going back too the basics, I dunno, I feel they are quite pure.

So there you have it, I hope that is enough of a start, let's make this a cool competition... grin2.gif

fear2.gif ChAoS out fear2.gif

I wouldnt go that far with the RX-8, its ugly slow and it just sucks for the amount of money you pay for it, my friends is for sale if anyone is looking for a 14.9 second four door car that looks sporty but gets whooped on by G35s or 350Zs that are 300lbs heavier but you can't tell the difference in the handling as you corner then exit and the accelerate away. Oh and they get shitty gas milage and are heavy as f**k, the G35/350Z may be heavier but the structial ridgitity is far better and more solid.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 02:59 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Subaru.

They just rock. Yeah, they pretty much own the AWD category with how wide-spread people assosciate the drivetrain with them. Yeah, Mitsubishi's got the Lancer Evolution, Mazda's got the MazdaSpeed 6, etc. But there aren't all that many normal people who know about cars like the Evo, or have even seen them. (Though that is starting to change a bit now)

But the Boxer and AWD, they still rocked at making cars. The older XT series was crap for rust prevention, but the design was awesome. Some came with push-button enabled AWD systems, even.

Then 1989 came and brought forth the Legacy. This car, I have to say, is one of the best I know of that Subaru has made. Yeah, I'm biased because I own a first-year Legacy, but if you look carefully you'll note that my first-year Legacy is oddly familiar to the first-year Impreza... since they did design the Impreza after the Legacy.

Subarus come with stock features like AWD, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, ABS, power windows, A/C...

And my car's a FWD, by the way. Still, I perform better in the snow than a lot of other cars around here (maybe it's driving skill, but I've been behind other FWDs that were going under 10 uphill when I could easily go up to 30 without slipping).

Subaru makes wonderful engines, too. The Boxer was such a well-designed engine that the original design that appeared in the first-year Legacy is still in use, even in the WRX STi Edition... with minor changes (like adding a turbo, which wasn't introduced into the Boxer/Legacy until 1991).

They're also fuel-efficient and have some of the better A/T systems that I know of. Hell, in gear-select mode, my Automatic feels almost like a manual... minus the clutch, of course.

They also make all sorts of cars, from the performance WRX STi to the Sport-Utility Vehicle Forester. And who can forget the Outback series?

If my Legacy ever gives up the ghost, my next car will be a Subaru. I just can't think of any other company that I would buy a new car from.

So since this thread is about overall greatness of a car company, I'm going with... Subaru.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Feb 9 2005, 03:02 PM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
MidnightViper88
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 06:13 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

QUOTE (andyFD @ Feb 9 2005, 10:56 AM)
Mazda's uncompromising dedication to ultimate sports tuning has garnered much of my praise.

Even the "sports-car raised" MVP? laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (AETRAN86)
I wouldnt go that far with the RX-8, its ugly slow and it just sucks for the amount of money you pay for it, my friends is for sale if anyone is looking for a 14.9 second four door car that looks sporty but gets whooped on by G35s or 350Zs that are 300lbs heavier but you can't tell the difference in the handling as you corner then exit and the accelerate away. Oh and they get shitty gas milage and are heavy as f**k, the G35/350Z may be heavier but the structial ridgitity is far better and more solid.

What the f**k are you babbling about?

For one thing, styling is opinionated, and don't make a car good or bad...

And second, 3000lbs is a curb weight to kill for, regardless of the "structural rigidity" of the competitor's cars, and is certainly not heavy by any normal means (And when most of today's cars weigh 3200lbs or more, people would slap you silly if you said 3000lbs is heavy)...The RX-8 is already balanced out pretty well in handeling, and responds to steering inputs very well...Compared to the 350Z, the RX-8 may only run 14.49's in the quarter-mile (Versus the Z's 13.77), and may only wring out .87g on the lateral skidpad (Versus the Z's .90g), but since you're so focused on their chassis, you probably wouldn't even bother to see how similar the cars are in the slalom after all (RX-8's 68.1mph to 350Z's 68.0mph), and MT's "Figure-8" testing shows no difference at all (RX-8's 26.1sec @ 0.70g versus 350Z's 26.1sec @ 0.71g), even though the 350Z has more torque than the RX-8...Like I said, 3000lbs is to kill for no matter what...

If you wanna play the price game, an RX-8 costs $27-grand, while a 350Z would cost you $34-$35-grand...An $8-grand difference doesn't make the RX-8 any better, but I don't know how cheaper equals worse...

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_...ree/index7.html
goota
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 07:56 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,525

hands down, toyota, although lately, their tactics have been questionable... =\

=edit=

i completely agree with midnightviper, the rx-8 is one of the most balanced cars you can get stock, its quite amazing. :]

This post has been edited by goota on Feb 9 2005, 07:58 PM
Black Tigers
Posted: Feb 10 2005, 03:47 PM

LanEvos

Member No.: 2,315

im my OPINION!!!
i think that mazda is a great company and all..they have good cars..but they only lack one thing..theyre parts break soo fast....well i tink they fall apart faster then others
honda is....umm...way way way too many people have it...
nissian..hasent come up with anything WOW!!!..imo
mitsubishi...personally my fav...not only is their EVO amazing but the Ecpise is nice too..they not only work with sports cars but the galant is nice too..
Subaru...the WRX is nice...but i have seen no other good cars from them...
porche is nice...911!!!!

i dont like many american cars..they focus too much on horse power and not enough style...the only one i like is the mustang...

umm..european cars have nice look to it..but sometimes i think its too low...

and thats my opnion
AETRAN86
Posted: Feb 10 2005, 05:33 PM

Mr.TRAN

Member No.: 2,980

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Feb 9 2005, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (andyFD @ Feb 9 2005, 10:56 AM)

Even the "sports-car raised" MVP? laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (AETRAN86)

What the f**k are you babbling about?

For one thing, styling is opinionated, and don't make a car good or bad...

And second, 3000lbs is a curb weight to kill for, regardless of the "structural rigidity" of the competitor's cars, and is certainly not heavy by any normal means (And when most of today's cars weigh 3200lbs or more, people would slap you silly if you said 3000lbs is heavy)...The RX-8 is already balanced out pretty well in handeling, and responds to steering inputs very well...Compared to the 350Z, the RX-8 may only run 14.49's in the quarter-mile (Versus the Z's 13.77), and may only wring out .87g on the lateral skidpad (Versus the Z's .90g), but since you're so focused on their chassis, you probably wouldn't even bother to see how similar the cars are in the slalom after all (RX-8's 68.1mph to 350Z's 68.0mph), and MT's "Figure-8" testing shows no difference at all (RX-8's 26.1sec @ 0.70g versus 350Z's 26.1sec @ 0.71g), even though the 350Z has more torque than the RX-8...Like I said, 3000lbs is to kill for no matter what...

If you wanna play the price game, an RX-8 costs $27-grand, while a 350Z would cost you $34-$35-grand...An $8-grand difference doesn't make the RX-8 any better, but I don't know how cheaper equals worse...

first off 3000 lbs IS heavy, 2nd look at the words boy BASE MODEL wich mean no 240hp engine duh, get your shit straight before opening your mouth my friend HAS an RX-8 I could drive it every day if I wanted to, it cost him around 34-35k you gotta remember atleast in the base Z and G35 you get the same engine. And now your basing your choice solely on the slalom? get real, the RX8 get whooped on period it's in no way even close to bang for buck as the other cars. SO shut YOUR BABBLING until you get some facts! Did I mention the newer models have 280-298HP oh and lets not forget that those numbers are for the FACTORY suspension. With a few tweaks the G35 and 350Z is a superior car when the same tweaks are made to an RX-8. Get your shit straight, my friend is selling his RX-8 for a reason....and that would be becasue it sucks for the price. wink2.gif funny thing is that it gets shitty gas milage worse than the more powerful 3.5L VQ35DE You'll probably make up for the difference in price from saving money on gas over the RX-8.Have you driven an RX-8 personally? IF you have you should know how slow it is and how many civics and integras pass you by. But hey you spent 30K on it so its cool..:::walks away laughing his ass off::

EDIT:: 17-19 MPG around the city is rediculous! especially when the G/Z makes 25 or so around the city while still making more power, don't cars with more power usually have worse gas milage???
http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_...ree/index7.html]

This post has been edited by AETRAN86 on Feb 10 2005, 08:58 PM
grimbeaver
Posted: Feb 10 2005, 07:50 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 2,619

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Feb 9 2005, 02:59 PM)
They're also fuel-efficient and have some of the better A/T systems that I know of. Hell, in gear-select mode, my Automatic feels almost like a manual... minus the clutch, of course.

Really? I find they're only so-so... but then again maybe that's because i've driven a DSG TT...
MidnightViper88
Posted: Feb 11 2005, 08:57 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

QUOTE (AETRAN86 @ Feb 10 2005, 05:33 PM)
first off 3000 lbs IS heavy, 2nd look at the words boy BASE MODEL wich mean no 240hp engine duh, get your shit straight before opening your mouth my friend HAS an RX-8 I could drive it every day if I wanted to, it cost him around 34-35k you gotta remember atleast in the base Z and G35 you get the same engine. And now your basing your choice solely on the slalom? get real, the RX8 get whooped on period it's in no way even close to bang for buck as the other cars. SO shut YOUR BABBLING until you get some facts! Did I mention the newer models have 280-298HP oh and lets not forget that those numbers are for the FACTORY suspension. With a few tweaks the G35 and 350Z is a superior car when the same tweaks are made to an RX-8. Get your shit straight, my friend is selling his RX-8 for a reason....and that would be becasue it sucks for the price. wink2.gif funny thing is that it gets shitty gas milage worse than the more powerful 3.5L VQ35DE You'll probably make up for the difference in price from saving money on gas over the RX-8.Have you driven an RX-8 personally? IF you have you should know how slow it is and how many civics and integras pass you by. But hey you spent 30K on it so its cool..:::walks away laughing his ass off::

EDIT:: 17-19 MPG around the city is rediculous! especially when the G/Z makes 25 or so around the city while still making more power, don't cars with more power usually have worse gas milage???
http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_...ree/index7.html]

1. Punctuation and proper English - Use it.

2. 3000lbs is not heavy in relative terms to even the RX-8's closest competitors, including the 350Z...If I was comparing the RX-8 to a Caterham Super 7, 3000lbs would be heavy, but I'm not comparing it to the Super 7, am I?

3. What the hell are you talking about? Specify what you mean or what car you talk about when you speak "base model" and "240hp", dammit...

4. Your friend got ripped off, probably from dealership markups...MSRP for an RX-8 (Including destination charges; There are no options for the RX-8) is around $27-grand...Sales tax, yes, but with a mark-up too high to be covered by tax alone, your friend must have been really numb-minded or desperate to buy an RX-8 for that high of a dealership sticker...

5. The 287-hp engine is still offered, with a 300-hp engine optional if you buy the 30th Anniversary Edition...A 350Z with the Track package costs you $34,500, while the 30th Anniversary runs you about $36,100...You're almost running a $10-grand difference by then...I hope no dealership salesmen try to jack up the price sticker on this one...

6. If you can read (And I hope you can), I offered more data than just the slalom (Focusing on handeling here)...I also included lateral G handeling from a 200ft skidpad, and MT's Figure-8 data, which incorperates average lateral G loads in acceleration, braking, and left and right turns, and measures the time it takes to complete the figure-8 run...Dispite the 350Z having a stronger chassis and more torque, the RX-8 showed very, very little difference to none in both the slalom, lateral G, and figure-8 testing when compared to the 350Z...You have yet to comment on this, even though these are the facts...

7. Factory suspension, schmactory suspension...We're f**king talking STOCK here...Don't drag the aftermarket into this, or I'll void your arguments...

8. On rotary gas mileage, the Apex seals are less resistant to detonation than your regular piston engines, thus they run a little rich for longevity's sake...You're comparing different worlds in this specific subject...

9. Even by then with gas mileage, if you're buying the damn car just for it's performance, why would you worry about fuel economy anyway? You're more focused on performance anyway, or else we'd be arguing over which car has more comfortable seats, and I'm surprised that hasn't been touched yet...

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »