Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Majestic Flight

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 361 362 363 364 365 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 537,293  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 28 2017, 08:43 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (xiao @ 2 hours, 32 minutes ago)
Hindsight 20/20 I should've bought a Dreamcast just for Shenmue & Tech Romancer tho crying2.gif ~

And SoulCalibur. And Spawn: In the Demon's Hand. And Power Stone.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 08:59 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Tessou @ 8 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
And SoulCalibur. And Spawn: In the Demon's Hand. And Power Stone.

Power Stone! Maaan the predecessor to Smash & those Shonen Jump Smash-clone games! Man that game (did it have a sequel?) was hella cray awesome brotha ~ wub.gif

Also Marvel vs Capcom! aaaand Ikaruga ~ but the GameCube version was just as good tho.

That reminds me ... the Dreamcast had a dedicated Japanese following long after it's death ... and I think one German Shmup company, NeoGeo DevTeam or something like that. Tons of visual novels & Triggerheart Exelica ~ which was shyte, but had pretty mecha musume style illustrations. laugh.gif

ITT: RetroGaming 101
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 28 2017, 09:05 AM

Group Icon

Power Stone had a sequel that wasn't as successful. I have it on Vita.
xiao
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 12:02 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 56 minutes ago)
Power Stone had a sequel that wasn't as successful. I have it on Vita.

I need to get that thing if only to find out why Gravity Rush was all the rage a couple of years ago! ohmy.gif
MidnightViper88
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 02:04 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,034

I bought a Dreamcast a couple of years ago so I could play both Sonic Adventures again. There's Toy Commander and Vigilante 8 as well, and even Tony Hawk's Pro Skater with the improved graphics over the PlayStation version, all of which I used to play on my dad's old Dreamcast...but I haven't played any of those on this/my Dreamcast.
xiao
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 05:55 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 3 hours, 47 minutes ago)
I bought a Dreamcast a couple of years ago so I could play both Sonic Adventures again. There's Toy Commander and Vigilante 8 as well, and even Tony Hawk's Pro Skater with the improved graphics over the PlayStation version, all of which I used to play on my dad's old Dreamcast...but I haven't played any of those on this/my Dreamcast.

Sonic Adventure looked pretty cool! ohmy.gif

The Dreamcast was basically the home port of the Naomi arcade machine ... I'm still uber PO'd at myself for not having had the foresight to buy it plus Border Down and Under Defeat, which go for bookoo bucks nowadays on eBay. sad.gif

There should've been more anime'esque artwork made for those games ~ the illustrator had a nice nack for not making the characters stereotypically moe, much like most Cave shmups illustrators. Heck even the artwork for Mushihime looks pretty darn serious. laugh.gif

Edit: Where's Apex Carver when you need him! derp.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Mar 28 2017, 05:57 PM
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 28 2017, 07:17 PM

Group Icon

My big issue with the DC is that it came out many years after the dualshock controller was a thing, yet it only has one analog stick. In an age where direct camera controls are a given, it's hard to go back to that console (and the N64). Then again, some PS2 games like GTA3 didn't have analog camera control and they were still perfect, so maybe I'm just picky.

Seriously though, get Spawn: In the Demon's Hand and a few friends. It's a direct port of the arcade game and is super big fun. Turn damage alllllll the way up. I always played as Medieval Spawn and wrecked faces, so long as I could get into melee range.
xiao
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 08:23 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 4 minutes ago)
Seriously though, get Spawn: In the Demon's Hand and a few friends. It's a direct port of the arcade game and is super big fun. Turn damage alllllll the way up. I always played as Medieval Spawn and wrecked faces, so long as I could get into melee range.

I gotta emulate it then! I was always pretty into the beat em ups: Final Fight, the D&D scrollers, the Ninja Turtles Back in Time! etc grin2.gif

I was also pretty big into Spawn toys decades before the figma craze caught on. Maaan Manga Spawn was the pride of my collection back in the day! wub.gif
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 08:42 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (xiao @ 18 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
I gotta emulate it then! I was always pretty into the beat em ups: Final Fight, the D&D scrollers, the Ninja Turtles Back in Time! etc grin2.gif

I was also pretty big into Spawn toys decades before the figma craze caught on. Maaan Manga Spawn was the pride of my collection back in the day! wub.gif

This thread is becoming less and less random.

It's like Discord chat in slow motion (and with a permanent virtual paper trail).
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 09:19 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

i was a big fan of spawn back in the day. more for the movie and less the comics but atleast i can still play spawn in Soul Calibur 2 on Xbox whistling.gif

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 28 2017, 09:21 PM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Nerubian
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 12:38 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

I cleaned a SNES gamepad today and there was a lot of undefinable dirt in the grooves which accumulated there between the end of 90s and 2006. Kind of disgusting but I got the chance to look inside the pad and everything looked perfectly mint there. It was hard to believe the hardware is over 20 years old.
xiao
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 01:19 PM

moon bunny

I really liked the clicky stick on the NeoGeo AES ... t'was like a little arcade switch in a gamepad. happy.gif

Opening it up was equally amazing: full of little tactile switch-points & leaf copper circuit transmissors digiphizing a little analogue mechanorevolver joint at the bottom & speedy doodat nick nacks ~ laugh.gif

Or maybe I'm just letting nostalgia technobaffle me again haha! derp.gif

user posted image
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 07:27 PM

Osaka-kun

I was watching this tonight, and it reminded me of xiao:

Just give in to the power of the tea.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkqPA0M_R-0&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPkqPA0M_R-0&has_verified=1 )

Just relax, don't do it, when you wanna go do it.

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Mar 29 2017, 07:29 PM
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 30 2017, 11:26 AM

Group Icon

After four years of service and many repairs, my phone finally kicked the bucket today. Screen glitched up and there's nothing I can do at this point to save it without spending more money than it's worth. I've already gone and ordered another Galaxy S3. Not sure what to do with the old one. Viking funeral? Wood chipper? Batting practice?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 30 2017, 04:59 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

I'd vote target practice, personally. cool.gif
Perry
Posted: Mar 30 2017, 05:11 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Tessou @ 5 hours, 44 minutes ago)
After four years of service and many repairs, my phone finally kicked the bucket today. Screen glitched up and there's nothing I can do at this point to save it without spending more money than it's worth. I've already gone and ordered another Galaxy S3. Not sure what to do with the old one. Viking funeral? Wood chipper? Batting practice?

Disassemble it and sell it for parts.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Mar 30 2017, 07:56 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

you can also use the broken phone to test the limits of the damage it can take before a screen cracks or phone splits open ETC.

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 30 2017, 07:56 PM
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 30 2017, 09:27 PM

Group Icon

Actually, I'm following a potential lead on fixing the dead screen before calling this phone a lost cause. Could be a loose or broken flex cable. Won't know until Saturday. If it's something deeper than that, I'm giving it last rites and feeding it to a table saw.
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 30 2017, 10:18 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Tessou @ 51 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
Actually, I'm following a potential lead on fixing the dead screen before calling this phone a lost cause. Could be a loose or broken flex cable. Won't know until Saturday. If it's something deeper than that, I'm giving it last rites and feeding it to a table saw.

I don't think Galaxy S3s have flex cables. I know my old Motorola W490 flip phone's screen started glitching because of a flex cable (ended up being a $10 fix back when crappy smartphones cost $300). My mom's Galaxy S3 started dying randomly, and would never boot entirely.

I think it may be time to move on... to an S4?

S3s were old when I bought my family theirs back in 2012...

You could probably save the battery as a spare. Save the back plate too. Maybe even save the PCB, in case if the new Galaxy S3 should glitch like my mom's. Or... save the screen, in case if the new one eventually gets cracked. Then, you can replace it.

Or ebay it for a few bucks.

Or take out your frustration on life on it... I suppose you would save money on therapy or massages or booze.

So many options out there...
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 31 2017, 01:30 AM

Group Icon

I just pulled the S3 apart. It has a flex cable. Whatever the problem is, it's an issue of displaying on the screen and nothing else. The phone boots properly, and responds to touch. The only thing it isn't doing is actually displaying.

There's a reputable repair shop down the street that will fix it for a decent price. I might as well give it a chance.
RalliKai
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 06:52 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

In the market for a new phone also albit because my Lumia 640 is not offering certain apps to help me in work thanks to Microsoft. dry.gif Looking at the Galaxy S5 but also considering spending more for a iphone 6s.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Mar 31 2017, 06:53 AM
Spirit_R
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 11:50 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 5,221

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 4 hours, 57 minutes ago)
In the market for a new phone also albit because my Lumia 640 is not offering certain apps to help me in work thanks to Microsoft. dry.gif  Looking at the Galaxy S5 but also considering spending more for a iphone 6s.

I think it's personal preference at this point. I'm not too familiar with iOS but an iPhone 6S is still a great phone especially if you can get a good deal for it. The S5 as well.

Perhaps you could even wait after the Galaxy S8 releases. The S7 price a should go down. The S7 is pretty much the S5 on steroids. I got it after the Note 7 fiasco (RIP).

Speaking of Samsung - have you guys seen that new display? That thing is gorgeous.

This post has been edited by Spirit_R on Mar 31 2017, 11:51 AM
xiao
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 12:54 PM

moon bunny

There's a line from a Eurobeat song that goes:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5376 x 3024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

When the pilots are just about to cry ...

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3763 x 2117. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I drive faster

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3763 x 2117. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I feel like going running in this wind ~

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5376 x 3024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

While everybody's cozy inside their homes. happy.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by xiao on Mar 31 2017, 03:41 PM
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 31 2017, 04:33 PM

Group Icon

So it turns out the LCD is shot. I priced it at a local parts store and decided it's feasible to have it repaired instead of junking or recycling it. Getting it taken care of on Monday when the part arrives.
umustwait101
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 07:59 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (Tessou @ 3 hours, 26 minutes ago)
So it turns out the LCD is shot. I priced it at a local parts store and decided it's feasible to have it repaired instead of junking or recycling it. Getting it taken care of on Monday when the part arrives.

AMOLED

447 Pages  « 361 362 363 364 365 »