Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Highway Obsession

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,239  ·  Replies: 12 
> How do you support your playing?, Money's gotta come from somewhere!
DigiBunny
  Posted: Apr 26 2011, 04:58 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

I'm still an imbecilic student who leeches off his forebearers; occassionally going out of my way to get something done in exchange for a bit of extra money.

About 80% of my allowance gets shunted into savings. Every week or so I either don't bother being stingy or I allocate a little bit of my savings for playtime.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 05:43 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

Back when I was still tuning two cars simultaneously in ID5, I allocate up to 2,000 pesos (roughly 1/5 of my two-week pay cut-off) for playing ID. Nowadays, regardless of whatever happens to me in ID6AA, I'll only spend up too 500 pesos max. per weekend.

Since I'll be turning 25 exactly two months from now, I need to seriously consider cutting down on ID expenses in order to focus on more important matters. After sitting near the top in ID5, I'm at the bottom of the food chain in the local ID6AA scene anyway, so it would be logical for me not to spend as much if I only know I'll suck with the game.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 05:44 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

same condition as you, i save some from my allowance, but if it's not enough then i take some from my parents...
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 05:49 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

Ah, the good old days when allowance was the only way to spend money.

Reminds me of the IDv3 days here when games cost as low as 5 pesos; I could spend only 50 pesos (a little more than US$1) one day, rack in up to 10 games, and feel satisfied.

One of the things I promised to myself when I started working about four years ago was that I would not rely on my parents anymore as far as personal budget/expenses are concerned. If they give me extra, so much the better. If they don't, it's OK, I ain't mad or anything along those lines.

====================

@ Nai: If you call yourself "imbeclic", then I'm "pathetic" LOL.

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Apr 26 2011, 05:50 AM
BBL2R
Posted: Apr 27 2011, 06:39 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,308

I'm probably spending 600k-1mil Dong (approx. 30-50 USD) per week on ID5. I'm usually spend $5 each time but now seems like I'm gettin' more addicted to the game trying to beat all the in-store TA records and end up spending $10 each time. I drop by at the mall 3-4 times/week.

Guess I must stop and if I quit playing just for 1 month I could buy myself a nice watch which I'm starting to show interest in recently.

Btw, I'm an inbound tour guide in Vietnam.
DROMOS
Posted: May 9 2011, 07:14 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 29,359

During school months I also live off welfare / allowance whistling.gif but right now that it's summer I'm working as a research assistant for one of my professors. Sounds prestigious but it's really walking around all day giving out surveys to seafarer officers pinch2.gif
Tedd
Posted: May 10 2011, 01:41 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,344

I always allocate a percentage of my salary to extracurricular stuff.
Baotoan
Posted: May 12 2011, 03:33 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,263

With spare money I find laying around. tongue.gif
McKwack
Posted: May 16 2011, 10:28 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,311

QUOTE (Baotoan @ May 12 2011, 03:33 AM)
With spare money I find laying around. tongue.gif

Same with me, actually. smile.gif

I'm already working in the IT industry for 5 years now. I try not too spend too much on ID, and besides, nowadays I don't have as much free time as I used to have.

The game around my place cost about US$ 0.50 per play. I usually just spend about US$ 6 per game session. Even then, often I don't spend all the money in one session and safe some for later.
Baotoan
Posted: May 16 2011, 11:17 PM

IDW Full Member

Nice, only 50 cents. The one I play at is a dollar per play. Really drains the wallet after a session.
Agent556
Posted: May 16 2011, 11:21 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Member No.: 2,133

baotoan, hit platinum membership, save tons. lol
Baotoan
Posted: May 17 2011, 02:48 AM

IDW Full Member

Would cost me too much. I'm four stamps away from being Gold. Once they took ID out of the time card, I stopped paying for it and stopped getting stamps.
Bumpercam
Posted: May 18 2011, 08:27 AM

Rage Against The Light

Member No.: 36,515

From my own salary of course. Usually around US$3 a session, up to US$5 on weekends. It really saps on my wallet though, since I work at a mall (paid just around typical wages for an bachelor's degree holder) and ID6AA is a mere 4 floors up. The price's around .45 US$ a play, a rather generous rate for a few-month-old new game like ID6AA (same price for MT3DX+).