Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - platinum

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 11,425  ·  Replies: 3 
> IDAS8 auto brake?
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Jan 23 2018, 03:27 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,277

Played IDAS8 for my first time at our new Round1 here in Michigan. I haven’t played an Initial D game in arcades since Version 3, so I expected myself to be bad at it. But I found it pretty easy thanks to the game slowing me down during practically every corner. Almost feels like there’s an auto braking assist turned on.

I only raced a few times, so I didn’t get a chance to check everything out, but I was wondering if there’s an assist menu where i can turn off whatever it is that’s slowing me down? Or is this part of the physics engine? Whatever it is, it made the game not very fun to play.

Also, I bought a card, but I was wondering if you have to renew it eventually like the Ver.1-3 cards?
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 23 2018, 06:06 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

The game's physics are just like that unfortunately until your car is fully tuned. There is a lot of speed loss when you turn. Personally I feel that the game is really really great in its real physics system, the difference is like night and day.

And no card renewal is needed when playing at an offline machine.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 23 2018, 06:07 PM
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Jan 23 2018, 07:13 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Aw man. That’s a shame. I’m a time attack guy, so i wanted to hop right in and at least put down some halfway decent times, but I guess that’s not gonna happen anytime soon.

Approximately how long does it take to get to full tune in ID8? I remember it taking quite a bit of money in Version 3.

SonicSP
Posted: Jan 24 2018, 03:19 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

Without online battles, it can take a long while. I think maybe 50,000 points in total for one car to reach Full Spec/Ex Spec.

It's a super fun game once you get there, but yeah it's like that. They design the physics to be like this to be forgiving for beginners. Once you reach full, there is almost zero speedloss and the physics are completely unrecognizable from stock.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 24 2018, 03:21 AM